4 7.69%
  • Doflamingo High diff

5 9.62%
  • Doflamingo extreme diff

6 11.54%
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't think it's misleading that someone much stronger than current Luffy didn't KO someone preskip Luffy beat while super poisoned? Even though current Luffy, who is much weaker than Jozu, now has the fire power to oneshot something his entire crew combined could barely defeat? By that logic it's not misleading if Usopp took an attack from current Kidd just cause Kidd ended up looking better than Usopp.
    It might be a bit misleading, but it's not nearly as ridiculous as you're making it seem. Crocodile is an important character: Oda had to keep Crocodile conscious because he was meant to play a major part in the war. And anyway, Crocodile has a Logia Devil Fruit, and we know that they give some extra durability; Jozu also looks like a brawler, which, if true, means he's meant to wear his enemies down with his superb physicality. Again, I'm not saying that Jozu shouldn't be able to KO Crocodile - I just think that Oda clearly had an underlying purpose in keeping Crocodile conscious.

The difference between Crocodile vs. Jozu and Jozu vs. Doflamingo is that there's not really any legitimate realistic reason for Doflamingo to have been portrayed as having toyed with Jozu that doesn't deal with strength. Jozu was basically embarrassed; he was left helpless with his enemy confident enough that he stood on his back. I feel like such a defined sense of calmness from Doflamingo points towards him at the very least being around Jozu's level. Yes, Oda could be playing us for fools. But I don't think he'd do something like that because it'd serve no purpose.

One of his strongest subordinates losing to Law,
    Well, we'll see later on if Vergo really was one of his strongest subordinates. I think it's too early to judge Doflamingo's crew. We know that he has more crew members, so we should wait to see where Vergo stands amongst them before trying to decide whether Oda was misleading us with Vergo.

Doflamingo not being able to move his hands a few inches in Aokiji's presence
    I think you're analyzing the panels a bit too much. 'Inches' doesn't really matter because I doubt Oda cares about that stuff: all he's focused on is getting his overarching result depicted. Doflamingo tried to kill Smoker and Aokiji stopped him. That's what he wanted to show. I honestly don't think we should look into it any more than that, and I'm not just saying that to deflect this scene. I really doubt that his mindset was, "Okay, Doflamingo is really close to Smoker, so if I show that Aokiji can stop him from killing Smoker when he's closer to Smoker than Aokiji is, I'll be able to show Aokiji's superiority over Doflamingo." I think he's more likely thinking about the conclusion.

On a different note, the fact that Doflamingo was confident enough to attack Smoker even after Aokiji warned him says something about where Doflamingo stands. He doesn't come across as the type who's really unaware of his own abilities (unlike someone such as Crocodile), so for him to outright turn his back to Aokiji and defy his request means a lot to me at least.

and his obvious fear of Kaidou killing him.
    Yeah, that's true. But we know that Kaidou would be able to defeat someone of Doflmaingo's level even if he's stronger than Jozu, so is it really that weird of Doflamingo to show fear? I think someone like Jozu and Vista would never show that type of fear, but only because they've got a lot more honor and pride than Doflamingo. Doflamingo is selfish and insane and maniacal: he fears for himself because he knows Kaidou is stronger than him by a good margin.
    Last edited by Akitō; 05-03-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akitō View Post
    It might be a bit misleading, but it's not nearly as ridiculous as you're making it seem. Crocodile is an important character: Oda had to keep Crocodile conscious because he was meant to play a major part in the war. And anyway, Crocodile has a Logia Devil Fruit, and we know that they give some extra durability; Jozu also looks like a brawler, which, if true, means he's meant to wear his enemies down with his superb physicality. Again, I'm not saying that Jozu shouldn't be able to KO Crocodile - I just think that Oda clearly had an underlying purpose in keeping Crocodile conscious.

The difference between Crocodile vs. Jozu and Jozu vs. Doflamingo is that there's not really any legitimate realistic reason for Doflamingo to have been portrayed as having toyed with Jozu that doesn't deal with strength. Jozu was basically embarrassed; he was left helpless with his enemy confident enough that he stood on his back. I feel like such a defined sense of calmness from Doflamingo points towards him at the very least being around Jozu's level. Yes, Oda could be playing us for fools. But I don't think he'd do something like that because it'd serve no purpose.

How does Oda obviously needings to preserve Croc for the sake of the story have anything to do with how massive the strength difference between Croc and Jozu? That's like saying "Luffy is the main character" when someone tries to use Kizaru not instatly killing Luffy as proof of Kizaru holding back.

Sure there is. Oda wanted to make Doflamingo seem super imposing because he's someone Luffy will be facing right after the skip. Same reason he had Shanks emphasize fruitless Blackbeard's strength despite reason telling us without his fruits he was no top-tier.

Well, we'll see later on if Vergo really was one of his strongest subordinates. I think it's too early to judge Doflamingo's crew. We know that he has more crew members, so we should wait to see where Vergo stands amongst them before trying to decide whether Oda was misleading us with Vergo.

Buffalo and Baby-5 seemed like fairly prominent subordinates and Franky whipped them like there was no tomorrow. Vergo is above them obviously and was obviously very trusted by Doflamingo. He's almost certainly in the top 5.

I think you're analyzing the panels a bit too much. 'Inches' doesn't really matter because I doubt Oda cares about that stuff: all he's focused on is getting his overarching result depicted. Doflamingo tried to kill Smoker and Aokiji stopped him. That's what he wanted to show. I honestly don't think we should look into it any more than that, and I'm not just saying that to deflect this scene. I really doubt that his mindset was, "Okay, Doflamingo is really close to Smoker, so if I show that Aokiji can stop him from killing Smoker when he's closer to Smoker than Aokiji is, I'll be able to show Aokiji's superiority over Doflamingo." I think he's more likely thinking about the conclusion.

On a different note, the fact that Doflamingo was confident enough to attack Smoker even after Aokiji warned him says something about where Doflamingo stands. He doesn't come across as the type who's really unaware of his own abilities (unlike someone such as Crocodile), so for him to outright turn his back to Aokiji and defy his request means a lot to me at least.
    Of course inches matter. Oda probably doesn't care about the super technical details like some fans do, but "Doflamingo could barely move his hand before Aokiji stopped him" isn't exactly rocket science. If you wanna talk about the overarching result, how about doflamingo not being able to do anything to Smoker because Aokiji was there with his hand in his pockets?

Except for the fact that if it was confidence (more likely it was a desperate attempt to preserve his plan) it was obviously extremely misplaced since obviously he couldn't even hope to kill Smoker when Aokiji was there. Luffy knows full well how strong he is, didn't stop him from facing the three Admirals when he felt strongly enough about the issue.

Yeah, that's true. But we know that Kaidou would be able to defeat someone of Doflmaingo's level even if he's stronger than Jozu, so is it really that weird of Doflamingo to show fear? I think someone like Jozu and Vista would never show that type of fear, but only because they've got a lot more honor and pride than Doflamingo. Doflamingo is selfish and insane and maniacal: he fears for himself because he knows Kaidou is stronger than him by a good margin.
    The issue isn't that Doflamingo would lose to Kaizou, the issue is how much he feared Kaidou wanting him dead. Top-tiers are not easy to get to and even if you have numbers they aren't easy to kill. Garp basically stated the Marines going after Rayleigh would be an enormous hassle despite them having the overall firepower to put him down for the count multiple times over. Now, Jozu is no Rayleigh but Kaidou's crew isn't exactly the Marines either.
    No.​

How does Oda obviously needings to preserve Croc for the sake of the story have anything to do with how massive the strength difference between Croc and Jozu? That's like saying "Luffy is the main character" when someone tries to use Kizaru not instatly killing Luffy as proof of Kizaru holding back.

Sure there is. Oda wanted to make Doflamingo seem super imposing because he's someone Luffy will be facing right after the skip. Same reason he had Shanks emphasize fruitless Blackbeard's strength despite reason telling us without his fruits he was no top-tier.
    Because it shows that Oda had a reason to not KO Crocodile that didn't have to do with the strength of the two characters. I don't really understand how your second sentence has any relavence (or if it's even meant to be an argument against me) - you'll have to expound a bit more on that.

And that's exactly my point. The Doflamingo vs. Jozu scene had something to do with the strength of the two characters. We can both agree that Oda was hyping up Doflamingo with that scene. Now you think that hype is misplaced (and I don't understand why), and I don't. I can't imagine that Oda would so blatantly portray Doflamingo as Jozu's superior in that scene just to make Doflamingo seem more imposing than he actually is. There's plenty of other ways that he could've gone about doing that, so I don't understand why he'd make Doflamingo seem stronger than Jozu if he actually wasn't. In the Crocodile vs. Jozu scene, Oda didn't go as far as to depict Crocodile as the stronger character - it was still very evident that Jozu was much, much stronger than Crocodile, so there was never really any contradiction. I think with every author there's a certain limit to what they'll sacrifice to benefit the plot. A bit of powerscaling is not a big deal, but what you're suggesting is that Doflamingo is much weaker than Jozu even though if you look at that scene in a vacuum Doflamingo was portrayed as the stronger character.

Also, referencing one instance of Oda being misleading is not indicative of anything else. It shows that Oda can be misleading if he wants to, but it's not a convincing enough reason to assume that he was being misleading with Doflamingo vs. Jozu, especially since Crocodile vs. Jozu took much less liberties as the stronger character was still portrayed as being way stronger.

Buffalo and Baby-5 seemed like fairly prominent subordinates and Franky whipped them like there was no tomorrow. Vergo is above them obviously and was obviously very trusted by Doflamingo. He's almost certainly in the top 5.
    I'm not going to argue this point because we just haven't got enough info on Doflamingo's crew. Nobody can say that Oda was being misleading with this because we haven't even seen Doflamingo's full crew yet.

Of course inches matter. Oda probably doesn't care about the super technical details like some fans do, but "Doflamingo could barely move his hand before Aokiji stopped him" isn't exactly rocket science. If you wanna talk about the overarching result, how about doflamingo not being able to do anything to Smoker because Aokiji was there with his hand in his pockets?

Except for the fact that if it was confidence (more likely it was a desperate attempt to preserve his plan) it was obviously extremely misplaced since obviously he couldn't even hope to kill Smoker when Aokiji was there. Luffy knows full well how strong he is, didn't stop him from facing the three Admirals when he felt strongly enough about the issue.
    Doflamingo tried to make a move and Aokiji stopped him. Aokiji is the stronger character, so isn't that to be expected? I don't think it's misleading at all because I think if Jozu was in that same situation, he wouldn't have been able to do much either with Aokiji hovering behind him ready to attack at a moment's notice. By that logic, you can say that Shanks vs. Akainu was misleading just because Akainu couldn't move his hand a few feet before Shanks stepped in. The distances don't really matter in these types of scenes; it's all about the conclusion, and Aokiji vs. Doflamingo simply supports the conclusion that Aokiji is strong enough that he can stop Doflamingo from killing Smoker.

You just reversed the situation. How do you know that he couldn't have hoped to kill Smoker with Aokiji there? You're using your preconceived notion to judge a scene when it should be the reverse. Based off of that scene, we now know that Doflamingo couldn't have killed Smoker because of Aokiji's presence, but that certainly doesn't mean Doflamingo's confidence was completely misplaced. If to kill Smoker, Doflamingo needed a strength of 90, he could've just been off the mark and been at an 85. From his perspective, it's worth a try, and it shows that he has enough confidence in his abilities that he could keep Aokiji at bay if Aokiji tried to stop him. And as we saw, he did.

Luffy and Doflamingo are two different characters with two different personalities. Luffy never backs down from a fight, while Doflamingo showed true fear at the thought of Kaidou tracking him down. He's not the type of guy who rashly makes decisions because he fears too much for his safety; if there was a chance that he would've died right there to Aokiji, I don't think he would have tried to kill Smoker. But he had enough faith in his abilities (and remember that we've seen that he knows his limitations and is unwilling to go past those) that he could stop Aokiji from killing him if he tried.

The issue isn't that Doflamingo would lose to Kaizou, the issue is how much he feared Kaidou wanting him dead. Top-tiers are not easy to get to and even if you have numbers they aren't easy to kill. Garp basically stated the Marines going after Rayleigh would be an enormous hassle despite them having the overall firepower to put him down for the count multiple times over. Now, Jozu is no Rayleigh but Kaidou's crew isn't exactly the Marines either.
    Kaidou is being hyped up to be merciless and relentless. Sure, Doflamingo might've been able to escape, but I think he was just afraid of the thought of Kaidou potentially being able to find him because he knows that Kaidou spares no mercy and will actively try to hunt him down. He's a different creature than the Marines: the Marines are civil, Kaidou seems like he's a relentless beast. If there's even the slightest chance that Kaidou could find him, I think that would be enough to petrify Doflamingo.

Because it shows that Oda had a reason to not KO Crocodile that didn't have to do with the strength of the two characters. I don't really understand how your second sentence has any relavence (or if it's even meant to be an argument against me) - you'll have to expound a bit more on that.

And that's exactly my point. The Doflamingo vs. Jozu scene had something to do with the strength of the two characters. We can both agree that Oda was hyping up Doflamingo with that scene. Now you think that hype is misplaced (and I don't understand why), and I don't. I can't imagine that Oda would so blatantly portray Doflamingo as Jozu's superior in that scene just to make Doflamingo seem more imposing than he actually is. There's plenty of other ways that he could've gone about doing that, so I don't understand why he'd make Doflamingo seem stronger than Jozu if he actually wasn't. In the Crocodile vs. Jozu scene, Oda didn't go as far as to depict Crocodile as the stronger character - it was still very evident that Jozu was much, much stronger than Crocodile, so there was never really any contradiction. I think with every author there's a certain limit to what they'll sacrifice to benefit the plot. A bit of powerscaling is not a big deal, but what you're suggesting is that Doflamingo is much weaker than Jozu even though if you look at that scene in a vacuum Doflamingo was portrayed as the stronger character.

Also, referencing one instance of Oda being misleading is not indicative of anything else. It shows that Oda can be misleading if he wants to, but it's not a convincing enough reason to assume that he was being misleading with Doflamingo vs. Jozu, especially since Crocodile vs. Jozu took much less liberties as the stronger character was still portrayed as being way stronger.
    Again, Oda having a plot reason not to have Croc KOed has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion whatsoever. Why in the world are you mentioning plot in a discussion that's purely about strength? Oda having a reason not to KO Croc doesn't change that

What you're basically saying is that you've applied an arbitrary limit to how misleading you think Oda can be and are basing your opinion on that. Sorry if that doesn't convince me.

Yeah...that was kind of the entire point of me mentioning it in the first place.

I'm not going to argue this point because we just haven't got enough info on Doflamingo's crew. Nobody can say that Oda was being misleading with this because we haven't even seen Doflamingo's full crew yet.
    Vergo was called his most trusted subordinate and we clear saw Baby-5 and Buffalo were not random members of his crew. I find it seriously unlikely there are a bunch of people in Doflamingo's crew stronger than Vergo. Five or so at most.

Doflamingo tried to make a move and Aokiji stopped him. Aokiji is the stronger character, so isn't that to be expected? I don't think it's misleading at all because I think if Jozu was in that same situation, he wouldn't have been able to do much either with Aokiji hovering behind him ready to attack at a moment's notice. By that logic, you can say that Shanks vs. Akainu was misleading just because Akainu couldn't move his hand a few feet before Shanks stepped in. The distances don't really matter in these types of scenes; it's all about the conclusion, and Aokiji vs. Doflamingo simply supports the conclusion that Aokiji is strong enough that he can stop Doflamingo from killing Smoker.

You just reversed the situation. How do you know that he couldn't have hoped to kill Smoker with Aokiji there? You're using your preconceived notion to judge a scene when it should be the reverse. Based off of that scene, we now know that Doflamingo couldn't have killed Smoker because of Aokiji's presence, but that certainly doesn't mean Doflamingo's confidence was completely misplaced. If to kill Smoker, Doflamingo needed a strength of 90, he could've just been off the mark and been at an 85. From his perspective, it's worth a try, and it shows that he has enough confidence in his abilities that he could keep Aokiji at bay if Aokiji tried to stop him. And as we saw, he did.

Luffy and Doflamingo are two different characters with two different personalities. Luffy never backs down from a fight, while Doflamingo showed true fear at the thought of Kaidou tracking him down. He's not the type of guy who rashly makes decisions because he fears too much for his safety; if there was a chance that he would've died right there to Aokiji, I don't think he would have tried to kill Smoker. But he had enough faith in his abilities (and remember that we've seen that he knows his limitations and is unwilling to go past those) that he could stop Aokiji from killing him if he tried.
    Aokiji didn't just stop him. He almost killed him before he could do an action that should take virtually no time whatsoever. That shows us an absolutely enormous gap. The idea that Jozu wouldn't have been able to move his hand a few inches before Aokiji stopped him doesn't make sense because we know for a fact that Jozu was legitimately fighting Aokiji during the war when Aokiji was actually trying. If he couldn't move his fist three inches before Aokiji froze him Jozu would have been frozen loooong before Whitebeard got his heart attack. The Akainu and Shanks situation is completely different because Akainu was unaware of Shanks presence and Akainu wasn't exactly putting in real effort attacking Coby of all people.

Because Doflamingo basically had a knife to Smoker's throat and Aokiji not only stopped, but almost killed him, without even moving. Because killing Smoker was the only surefire way to make sure Kaidou himself doesn't come looking for his head. Think about that for a moment. He weighed the possibility of Kaidou's coming for him and having to mess with Aokiji and he chose Kaidou. His confidence was misplaced if it ever was there, absolutely no doubt bout it. Aokiji would never be able to stop someone the way he did Doflamingo if they were remotely close to his level of power.

And clearly he was wrong. What the hell was stopping Aokiji from stabbing Doflamingo the second he was frozen? Nothing but his whim.

Kaidou is being hyped up to be merciless and relentless. Sure, Doflamingo might've been able to escape, but I think he was just afraid of the thought of Kaidou potentially being able to find him because he knows that Kaidou spares no mercy and will actively try to hunt him down. He's a different creature than the Marines: the Marines are civil, Kaidou seems like he's a relentless beast. If there's even the slightest chance that Kaidou could find him, I think that would be enough to petrify Doflamingo.
    You're missed the entire point. Someone only slightly weaker than Jozu would not be scared at all because it'd take an enormous effort for Kaidou to actually get to him and capture or kill him.
    No.​

Aokiji didn't just stop him. He almost killed him before he could do an action that should take virtually no time whatsoever. That shows us an absolutely enormous gap.
    That's a gross exaggeration. He didn't almost kill him. He made Doflamingo exert some effort to break out of the encompassing ice. We saw that Doflamingo still wore his grin, and he didn't look too worried considering his mannerisms afterwards. And I honestly don't understand how that shows us an enormous gap. Doflamingo reached out to grab Smoker and Aokiji stopped him. Why are you assuming that Aokiji's maneuver was some complex thing that would've taken any ordinary character a long time to perform? He was standing right behind Doflamingo, and he demonstrated that he had reactions that surpassed the Schichibukai's by flash-freezing before he could grab Smoker. In no way does that mean that he's much stronger than Doflamingo, though. He didn't have to move very far or go through some rigorous ritual or anything like that.

Because killing Smoker was the only surefire way to make sure Kaidou himself doesn't come looking for his head.Think about that for a moment. He weighed the possibility of Kaidou's coming for him and having to mess with Aokiji and he chose Kaidou.
    Regardless of the advantage in doing so, if he's weaker than Aokiji, why would he try to battle him? Even if he's near Aokiji in strength, it still wouldn't be wise for him because there would be a good chance that he would be grievously injured. It's a similar situation to what we saw during Akainu's confrontation with the Blackbeard Pirates. Even though the Blackbeard Pirates as a group were probably stronger than Akainu, they didn't want to take the risk because they knew just how dangerous someone of Akainu's level could be. Now I'm not saying that Doflamingo is stronger than Aokiji. But Doflamingo retreating does not mean in any way that he's much weaker. He clearly has a backup plan, so I don't think he's necessarily sacrificed as much as you think by letting Smoker live.

And clearly he was wrong. What the hell was stopping Aokiji from stabbing Doflamingo the second he was frozen? Nothing but his whim.
    Doflamingo isn't stupid, so as a reader, I'm assuming that because he turned his back to Aokiji, he must've had the strength/speed to prevent Aokiji from killing him. We saw Doflamingo break out of Aokiji's ice pretty quickly, so in a hypothetical battle where there's no plot restrictions, I'm assuming that he'd be able to break out fast enough that he could escape. I think the discrepancy between us lies in our interpretation of Doflamingo's awareness. You seem to think that he took a massive leap of faith by attacking Smoker, and it was pure luck that Aokiji didn't kill him; I think he took a calculated risk that, even in failure, wouldn't prove to be detrimental to his life. Considering his fear of Kaidou and his (apparent) understanding of his own abilities, I just don't think he'd throw himself out there like that if he wasn't sure that he could escape if the need arose.

You're missed the entire point. Someone only slightly weaker than Jozu would not be scared at all because it'd take an enormous effort for Kaidou to actually get to him and capture or kill him.
    Well, we don't know Doflamingo's real personality yet. I understand what you're saying - it's just that I think Doflamingo knows that Kaidou would go through hell to capture him if he betrayed him, and I think that even if Doflamingo would probably be able to escape Kaidou's grasp, the mere thought of Kaidou capturing him is enough to provoke fear because of Kaidou's ruthlessness. And Kaidou might not be like the Marines. The Marines might send an Admiral to capture someone of note, but they're not a very persitent bunch and they have to abide by the rules. Kaidou is merciless and he isn't bounded by any civilian restrictions. It's much easier to find someone if you're not afraid to hurt others and if you're willing to devote your full attention to it. Again, I still think that Doflamingo would probably be able to escape Kaidou, but I think the mere thought of Kaidou finding him is enough to make Doflamingo afraid.
    Last edited by Akitō; 05-04-2013 at 03:59 PM.

DD has huge connections in the underworld, if he is afraid of Kaidou that means he knows Kaidou can at the very least destroy everything he has spent his life creating if not kill him. As DD should be able to hide/run away better then anyone really.

You need to keep in mind that most top tiers are with the Yonkou or Marines. Of course someone like Jozu or even Yasopp has shit to fear of Kaidou as they are with White-beard/Shanks, DD just has himself and his vastly inferior forces to fight against Kaidou. If Jozu was just a lone top tier, or warlord just chilling he would definitely shit has pants at the thought of Kaidou coming after him, as the marines are surely not going to war with a yonkou over him.
    Last edited by Donquixote Doflamingo; 05-04-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Yeah, the difference between Rayleigh running away from the Marines and Doflamingo running away from Kaidou is that Rayleigh is a lone man who has no real connections or foundations to uphold. Doflamingo has Dressrosa, his underworld brokering system, and himself and his crew to protect. That's a hell of a lot to deal with, especially when you have someone as ruthless as Kaidou gunning for you. The Marines themselves have a lot on their plates, so they likely wouldn't be able to set aside a legitimate hunting force just to track down a retired criminal. If Kaidou's out for revenge, he seems like the type of guy that would go all-out and attack Doflamingo's bases and friends.

In fact, we have direct proof that Kaidou is harder to handle than the Marines. The very fact that Doflamingo chose to go against the Marines (even with the threat of the Admirals) rather than face Kaidou shows us that Kaidou is a larger threat than the Marines in terms of finding and massacring people.
    Last edited by Akitō; 05-04-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    Exactly, Doflamingo ran away with his tail between his legs. He doesn't belong in the top tier, he can't compete with the admirals like Marco, Beckman, Jozu and Vista can.
    Damn, I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Monkey.

Yea... he ran away. Not because he has better shit to worry about at this time.

The only reason you agree with him is because Vista lol Low-diffs Doflamingo. And any other Character.

Vistards gonna' vistard

So Doflamingo's got a bunch of new feats these past couple of chapters. Does this change anybody's opinion of how he fares against Vista?

Lmao at ppl saying that just cause doflamingo was able to somehow stop jozu there are ppl who say he is a better fighter that jozu, i could swear that doflatards think that dofla is equal or stronger than marco , u cannot use anything that happened at marineford as a feat, imo even a shit like crocodile thoug that he can beat doflo and attacked akainu, he cutted him so croc is a better fighter overall...

Imo everyone can lose when he is caught off guard yeti cool bother's almost beat zoro cuz they attacked zoro off guard so does that mean yeti crother's>zoro or something, that's retarded.

Anyway dof was showing fear when fuji casually was testing his DF and dof was screaming ike a crying biatch and he run with tail between legs from kuzan so in a way or another he seem's to fear top-ties while vista fought mihawk for a long time until mihawk asked to stop it and vista was confident he could give mihawk a very good fight and didnt scream like dof infront of him using dofs fight against someone like sanji or smoker who are fodder's to vista isnt a feat u can define 2 strong fighters on how have they fared against top tiers and vista did better so vista wins it high diff.
    Last edited by baji17; 10-10-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    So Doflamingo's got a bunch of new feats these past couple of chapters. Does this change anybody's opinion of how he fares against Vista?
    Yeah it does, now I'm certain Vista can mid diff him.

~Sarcasm~

I guess we'll just end this discussion after seeing how Luffy and Law will deal with Dofla.

My guess is that Dofla is indeed lower end of A- tier, alongside Vista as well. He'll probably push both Luffy and Law to B+ tier, give them an extreme diffy fight and be defeated due to some circumstantial scenario.

Vista wins here going by what we have seen so far. High diff tough.

Nah, don't think we saw enough. Actually Dofla's offense seemed more impressive than we first saw - that whip style offense seemed like several strings together, while a single one was strong enough to slice through Oars Jr casually.

Quote Originally Posted by FerreiraDaSilva View Post
    I guess we'll just end this discussion after seeing how Luffy and Law will deal with Dofla.
    I doubt that, since we don't know how Vista would fare against those two.

Yeah, the difference between Rayleigh running away from the Marines and Doflamingo running away from Kaidou is that Rayleigh is a lone man who has no real connections or foundations to uphold. Doflamingo has Dressrosa, his underworld brokering system, and himself and his crew to protect. That's a hell of a lot to deal with, especially when you have someone as ruthless as Kaidou gunning for you. The Marines themselves have a lot on their plates, so they likely wouldn't be able to set aside a legitimate hunting force just to track down a retired criminal. If Kaidou's out for revenge, he seems like the type of guy that would go all-out and attack Doflamingo's bases and friends.

In fact, we have direct proof that Kaidou is harder to handle than the Marines. The very fact that Doflamingo chose to go against the Marines (even with the threat of the Admirals) rather than face Kaidou shows us that Kaidou is a larger threat than the Marines in terms of finding and massacring people.
    uhm..Dofla never ACTUALLY went against the marines/WG....He knew damn well that it was just a trick article so this point is kind of moot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FerreiraDaSilva View Post
    Nah, don't think we saw enough. Actually Dofla's offense seemed more impressive than we first saw - that whip style offense seemed like several strings together, while a single one was strong enough to slice through Oars Jr casually.
    I think the attacks are fundamentally different.

I dont think you can scale overheats power just by seeing what a single string can and then multiplying it by the amount of strings needed.

His strings are mainly used for tricky sneak attack/assasinations and overheat seems more like a brute-force/smashing attack that pummels whatever it hits

]

I don't think Vista will have much of a problem with overheat considering how casually Law seemed to block it.

I really hope Overheat isn't Doflamingo's strongest attack.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    I really hope Overheat isn't Doflamingo's strongest attack.
    of course it's not...It's probably like a standard jet pistol or MAYBE bazooka for luffy.

]

Your mom is a standard jet pistol.