1 1.92%
  • Doflamingo mid diff

4 7.69%
  • Doflamingo High diff

5 9.62%
  • Doflamingo extreme diff

6 11.54%
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    That's a close one, Dofla was able to control Jozu, but hes kinda bulky and easier to control with strings (if hes using the strings to control people, we know he uses them to attack tho..) He won't be able to do that to Vista, and even Jozu was caught off-guard IIRC. Dofla's reach can be a problem here, but Vista may be able to block or dodge them, but the strings are pretty damn sharp, they easily cut throught everything up until now. I have to give it to Dofla, extreme Dif.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not ignoring the fact, I'm taking it into account. Aokiji barely tried and almost killed Doflamingo, Mihawk was putting in actual effort and had to ask Vista to stop.
    This is great.

So... apparently, what? Doflamingo was on the brink of death or something?

Quote Originally Posted by RobLucciRapes View Post
    Doflamingo was on the brink of death or something?
    Aokiji and Dofla, both werent trying at all, Dofla broke out of Aokijis ice without any visible effort (still wondering how tho).

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedZeed View Post
    Aokiji and Dofla, both werent trying at all, Dofla broke out of Aokijis ice without any visible effort (still wondering how tho).
    He's one of the biggest bosses you'll see in One Piece for a while that's how.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon View Post
    Thing here is We know Jozu could defeat Vista pretty easily like Mid diff. Doflamingo at Marineford stopped Jozu (it appeared as with ease). Therefore Doflamingo should be able to do the same to vista, as long as he infuses significant Haki into it to prevent Vista from cutting free.
    Lol...what?

First sentence, baseless and bullshit most likely.
    Second sentence, that's the way dofla's abilities seem to work, of course he's not going to strain, he can either hold jozu or he can't.

On topic, I'd back Vista but it would be a tough fight for sure.

This is great.

Yes.

You people are still disillusioned about how strong Doflamingo is. From what we know this fight will be extremely east for Vista.
    No.​

This is great.

Well his subordinates seemed to think so...

Presumably you think that to be on the brink of death one has to be bruised and battered...Aokiji almost froze dofla alive, if it had been 5 seconds longer, dofla would probably have been dead. I'm not saying he was on death's door, but that's the nature of Aokiji's fruit.

For me this is what suggests there's some gap between doflamingo and aokiji, and not the exchange itself.

Quote Originally Posted by PZ View Post
    Well his subordinates seemed to think so...

Presumably you think that to be on the brink of death one has to be bruised and battered...Aokiji almost froze dofla alive, if it had been 5 seconds longer, dofla would probably have been dead. I'm not saying he was on death's door, but that's the nature of Aokiji's fruit.
    Nice. "Probably"

Are we playing the "make shit up" game?

Doflamingo would have probably cut Aokiji's head off

Nothing suggests that, if it were even for 10 seconds longer, that Doflamingo couldn't have broken out of that.

I'm not saying Aokiji is weaker or whatever, but I'm not saying that Doflamingo was on the verge of death (or near, for that matter).

I do feel that Doflamingo belongs in Vista's league after recent events. Still very hesitant to consider him Emperor FM level. So he's right around there and it's hard to say definitely who would win. This arc should shed more light on the issue.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

The very fact that Dofla broke out of Aokiji's ice and showed no signs of weakness or strain in that attempt shows that Aokiji didn't really brush him aside successfully. Not to say I think he can take on Aokiji, but I think he has a chance against Vista.

Doflamingo was panting, that's a sign of strain. Aokiji casually thwarted Doflamingo's attempt at Smoker's life, and that's all there really was to it. Aokiji wasn't out to start a conflict or kill Doflamingo.

Banned
    Exactly, Doflamingo ran away with his tail between his legs. He doesn't belong in the top tier, he can't compete with the admirals like Marco, Beckman, Jozu and Vista can.

Damn, I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Monkey.
    No.​

I think most people that read the war from an unbiased perspective came out thinking that Doflamingo was stronger than Jozu; Oda wouldn't have written Doflamingo so casually thwarting Jozu's attempt on Crocodile's life if Doflamingo is much weaker. What we saw with Aokiji vs. Doflamingo is very similar to what we saw with Doflamingo vs. Jozu: just as Aokiji casually thwarted Doflamingo's attempt on Smoker's life and came out looking like the stronger of the two, so too did Doflamingo thwart Jozu's attempt on Crocodile's life, thus indicating that he's stronger than Jozu. Of course, there's no real evidence that supports either side solidly, but the portrayal of Doflamingo leads me to believe that he's not too far below the Admirals.

Don't get me wrong: I think Vista is relatively close to him, and there wouldn't really be any contradictions if Vista turned out to be stronger than Doflamingo. But at this point, the hype and portrayal that Doflamingo's gotten makes me think that he's stronger than Jozu and thus stronger than Vista too.

Quote Originally Posted by Akitō View Post
    I think most people that read the war from an unbiased perspective came out thinking that Doflamingo was stronger than Jozu; Oda wouldn't have written Doflamingo so casually thwarting Jozu's attempt on Crocodile's life if Doflamingo is much weaker. What we saw with Aokiji vs. Doflamingo is very similar to what we saw with Doflamingo vs. Jozu: just as Aokiji casually thwarted Doflamingo's attempt on Smoker's life and came out looking like the stronger of the two, so too did Doflamingo thwart Jozu's attempt on Crocodile's life, thus indicating that he's stronger than Jozu. Of course, there's no real evidence that supports either side solidly, but the portrayal of Doflamingo leads me to believe that he's not too far below the Admirals.

Don't get me wrong: I think Vista is relatively close to him, and there wouldn't really be any contradictions if Vista turned out to be stronger than Doflamingo. But at this point, the hype and portrayal that Doflamingo's gotten makes me think that he's stronger than Jozu and thus stronger than Vista too.
    And why not?
    No.​

And why not?
    Because that would be extremely misleading. From his perspective, I don't get why he'd ever do something like that. What purpose would it serve? We're just speculating, obviously, but I think he meant to portray Doflamingo as the superior fighter in that sequence.

Because that would be extremely misleading. From his perspective, I don't get why he'd ever do something like that. What purpose would it serve? We're just speculating, obviously, but I think he meant to portray Doflamingo as the superior fighter in that sequence.
    Kinda like Crocodile taking an attack from Jzu? Oda tries to mislead us all the time.

You can't have it both ways. If you think Doflamingo's treatment of Jozu during the war wasn't extremely misleading and that he isn't that much weaker than Jozu, reasonably you must also think that virtually everything about Doflamingo after the skip is extremely misleading.
    No.​

Kinda like Crocodile taking an attack from Jzu? Oda tries to mislead us all the time.
    Well, Crocodile was bloodied after one attack, and I don't think Jozu used a particularly special technique. It's not really misleading because the sequence clearly portrayed Jozu as the superior fighter, which is exactly what he is.

You can't have it both ways. If you think Doflamingo's treatment of Jozu during the war wasn't extremely misleading and that he isn't that much weaker than Jozu, reasonably you must also think that virtually everything about Doflamingo after the skip is extremely misleading.
    Why?

Well, Crocodile was bloodied after one attack, and I don't think Jozu used a particularly special technique. It's not really misleading because the sequence clearly portrayed Jozu as the superior fighter, which is exactly what he is.

Why?
    You don't think it's misleading that someone much stronger than current Luffy didn't KO someone preskip Luffy beat while super poisoned? Even though current Luffy, who is much weaker than Jozu, now has the fire power to oneshot something his entire crew combined could barely defeat? By that logic it's not misleading if Usopp took an attack from current Kidd just cause Kidd ended up looking better than Usopp.

One of his strongest subordinates losing to Law, Doflamingo not being able to move his hands a few inches in Aokiji's presence and his obvious fear of Kaidou killing him.
    No.​