Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm enjoying it far more than the 2-3 last seasons of TUF. I like the direction they have taken trying to distinguish it from TUF. There's very minimal focus on unnecessary drama. It's all about the fighters taking the options into their hands. While the talent pool isn't very big, the fights themselves are very entertaining. Especially the last 2-3 episodes have been awesome.

One of my teammates was invited to join but he declined. Joe Riggs is in it I highly recommend it

Sonnen is going to have a field day with this.

I can't wait for Chael's reply

This fight has great marketing potential.

For sure, and Wand knows it. He's currently demanding PPV points, (which he isn't getting as far as Dana is concerned) and this vid is also a way for Wand to hype the fight. There's little else this vid does.

Chael won't be intimidated by an over the hill Silva when he's gone up against the likes of JBJ. And even if Silva may not be a braniac, he should still be very aware of the fact that Sonnen is going to reply to this in a bold fashion. Wanderlei should have ~5 more fights in him, and he's cashing in. Not that I have any problem with that.

As for the fight itself, my money is on Chael. Wand's standup still demands respect, but I really don't see how Wand is going to keep it standing. Sonnen by decision.
    Last edited by Doc Q; 08-24-2013 at 04:57 PM.

As much as I respect Wand; he's a relic of the past. IMO he should retire after this fight. Regardless of the outcome

Seeing Condit prove how much he's grown was fun. Greater strike output, and way superior cardio glided him to a fairly easy win.

Kelvin Gastelum is doing fucking great. This kid should get some solid competition coming his way at this point. He keeps proving himself over and over. People aren't hyped because he isn't great at anything, winning TUF isn't much of an achievement and he doesn't 'looks the part'. I don't think that's fair. To counter the fact that he's not great at anything, he's also not bad at anything. He's got heavy hands, he's fucking 22, and he's fighting at welterweight with almost same weight he fought at middleweight. To say that this weight-class is more suited for him would be an understatement. This kid could go places.

The other TUF guys did pretty well also. Decent card overall.
    Last edited by Doc Q; 08-29-2013 at 03:41 PM.

I knew Condit would win this via finish. His evolution as a fighter is so far above Kampmann. Kampmann hasn't proven much at all. He's hit a plateau where his skills can't progress anymore. I've had the experience of training with him at my gym back in 2011 when he returned briefly to Denmark. I beat him standing but his ground game is severely underestimated. He gave me a lot of trouble. He submitted me 2 times. I think I could take him by now.

Kelvin is a mini Cain. I hope the best for him.

Alright event.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw did you hear about Congo joining Bellator I bet he's gonna join TNA as well

Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew Condit would win this via finish. His evolution as a fighter is so far above Kampmann. Kampmann hasn't proven much at all. He's hit a plateau where his skills can't progress anymore. I've had the experience of training with him at my gym back in 2011 when he returned briefly to Denmark. I beat him standing but his ground game is severely underestimated. He gave me a lot of trouble. He submitted me 2 times. I think I could take him by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw did you hear about Congo joining Bellator I bet he's gonna join TNA as well

Wait. Let me make sure I don't read into this wrong. You think you can take Kampmann in an actual fight, or that you might manage to tap him in a training session? Because the first would really surprise me. Pretty awesome that you get to train with people of that level btw.

No I didn't hear about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Q View Post
    Wait. Let me make sure I don't read into this wrong. You think you can take Kampmann in an actual fight, or that you might manage to tap him in a training session? Because the first would really surprise me. Pretty awesome that you get to train with people of that level btw.

No I didn't hear about that.
    Not to sound cocky or anything but yeah. I pretty much dominated him standing the three times we sparred. Didn't go half as well in the grappling department. By now I'm pretty confident I could take him. I was a white belt back then and now I'm a purple belt. My skills on the back is much better now, so is my wrestling. I know it must sound arrogant and cocky as hell coming from a no name

Apparently Rampage had a play in it too. He convinced Cheick to come over

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I'm leaving for Phoenix on October. I don't know how my coach did it but he managed to give me 3 weeks of training at MMALab

Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    Not to sound cocky or anything but yeah. I pretty much dominated him standing the three times we sparred. Didn't go half as well in the grappling department. By now I'm pretty confident I could take him. I was a white belt back then and now I'm a purple belt. My skills on the back is much better now, so is my wrestling. I know it must sound arrogant and cocky as hell coming from a no name
    Well, It's not strange for a fighter to have more confidence in his skills than those around him. You know what you can do on your best days, so that's normal I guess. I have the same thing (on a much, much smaller scale) myself, and I'm amateur as shit. But you are pretty much saying that you are a top 10 WW. You can't be surprised that I have some skepticism bubbling up.

Apparently Rampage had a play in it too. He convinced Cheick to come over
    Btw I'm leaving for Phoenix on October. I don't know how my coach did it but he managed to give me 3 weeks of training at MMALab
    I've heard about Ramapage drawing the bottomfeeders of the UFC towards Bellator. Seems fine to me. That's ballin! Tell Hendo that'd he would've won if he had converted to Atheism. ;)

Let's add a lil game to this thread. For each event we'll put up predictions for each fight on the main card. There are 3 categories to score points in, Winner - round - conclusion. (You can't score points in the latter two categories if you have the first one wrong) Anyone can join (prolly only me and Steel though ) and I'll keep track of the points.

UFC 164 predictions

Name winning fighter - Number of rounds - Finish

Ben Henderson vs Anthony Pettis II - Henderson - 3 - TKO

Josh Barnett vs Frank Mir - Mir - 2 - Submission

Ben Rothwell vs Brandon Vera - Vera - 3 - Decision

Erik Koch vs Dustin Porier - - Porier - 3- Decision

Clay Guida vs Chad Mendes - Guida - 3- Decision

Henderson by G'NP TKO. Nobody will see it coming, not even Henderson. Pettis will start to do risky shit after catching to many leg kicks from Hendo's giant ass legs, and get put on his ass with a solid takedown. Hendo will eventually land a few bombs trough Pettis's guard, and the ref will step in.

Barnett will look superior until he's caught in a heelhook/armbar.

Guida will make the Internet explode by lay and praying trough another very controverial victory.
    Last edited by Doc Q; 08-29-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Well, It's not strange for a fighter to have more confidence in his skills than those around him. You know what you can do on your best days, so that's normal I guess. I have the same thing (on a much, much smaller scale) myself, and I'm amateur as shit. But you are pretty much saying that you are a top 10 WW. You can't be surprised that I have some skepticism bubbling up.

I've heard about Ramapage drawing the bottomfeeders of the UFC towards Bellator. Seems fine to me. That's ballin! Tell Hendo that'd he would've won if he had converted to Atheism. ;)
    I don't blame you I would react the same if a random dude on the internet made such claims.

I seriously hope that he doesn't try to convert me or something. I'm already annoyed about his " It's because of Jesus and God that I'm where am at ". I'm like- what about all your training, all the effort ? Why do all those things if God "made" you win

Let's add a lil game to this thread. For each event we'll put up predictions for each fight on the main card. There are 3 categories to score points in, Winner - round - conclusion. (You can't score points in the latter two categories if you have the first one wrong) Anyone can join (prolly only me and Steel though ) and I'll keep track of the points.

UFC 164 predictions

Ben Henderson vs Anthony Pettis II - Henderson - 3 - TKO

Josh Barnett vs Frank Mir - Mir - 2 - Submission

Ben Rothwell vs Brandon Vera - Vera - 3 - Decision

Erik Koch vs Dustin Porier - - Porier - 3- Decision

Clay Guida vs Chad Mendes - Guida - 3- Decision

Henderson by G'NP TKO. Nobody will see it coming, not even Henderson. Pettis will start to do risky shit after catching to many leg kicks from Hendo's giant ass legs, and get put on his ass with a solid takedown. Hendo will eventually land a few bombs trough Pettis's guard, and the ref will step in.

Barnett will look superior until he's caught in a heelhook/armbar.

Guida will make the Internet explode by lay and praying trough another very controverial victory.
    Good idea !

UFC 164 predictions

Ben Henderson vs Anthony Pettis II - Henderson - 5 - Decision

Josh Barnett vs Frank Mir - Barnett - 3 - KO

Ben Rothwell vs Brandon Vera - Big Ben - 2 - TKO

Erik Koch vs Dustin Porier - - Koch - 3- Decision

Clay Guida vs Chad Mendes - Mendes - 3- Decision

Bendo is not the same person back when they fought last time. Hell, that fight was pretty close. That kick just overshadowed the entire fight. While not being a finisher to the same degree as Showtime, he has developed into an all around fighter.

I hate Mir. Barnett better fuck him up

This one is just a hunch.

Koch is gonna take it, but it's going to be an awesome fight. They are pretty similar fighters.

Guida won't be able to implement his wrestling on Mendes. Mendes is too good of a wrestler to let that happen.

UFC 164 Results
    Anthony Pettis - r1 - Submisson (armbar)
    Josh Barnett - r1 - TKO (knee)
    Chad Mendes - r3 - TKO (punches)
    Ben Rothwell - r3 - TKO (punches)
    Dustin Poirier - r3 - Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-27, 29-27)

Scorecard

Doc Q: 3
    Steel: 6

Phew, I'm glad I got atleast Porier right. That was a good fight, that first round was epic! Not sure why Roegan insisted on calling them mirror images though, Porier was absolutely wrecking him in the standup.

I honestly didn't know Ben Rothwell all that well, but he seems like a cool guy. Vera was cruising to the decision win that I bet on until Rothwell went fucking nuts.

Betting on Guida was an extreme long shot, and even somewhat of a joke on my part. But Guida kinda delivered. I mean, Chad Mendes is on a whole other level of competition but Guida went hard. He was doing quite well in the stand up. He hasn't been this entertaining in a while. Mendes is a beast though. Such a powerfull featherweight, with top notch wrestling.

Mir got raped. Not much to say on that. I guess the stoppage was a little early.

Pettis' first round win was hilariously anticlimatic. "Did he tap? Oh, Yeah he tapped.." I don't think anyone would've betted on a first round submission even if we played this game with 200 people. It's a good thing for the sport though, Pettis is a way more entertaining champion.

You got the best of me this time Steel, but Tex-Bader is up in a few days. I'll catch up to you for sure.
    Last edited by Doc Q; 09-01-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Keep dreaming I'm not gonna let you catch up anytime soon

What an awesome event. Didn't see that submission coming at all. I know Pettis' grappling is pretty good( half of his finishes has been via submissions) but I didnt think he would get Bendo so fast and easily. Damn, man. Now I can't brag about meeting a UFC champion

Bad news. My opponent got caught by the swedish official for taking PED. I'm supposed to fight the 26th. I hope they find me a opponent

Heh. You lost the opportunity for some easy predictions I hate these ill timed events

Yeah, sorry. I've been really busy with school this week. I usually put a note of UFC events in my schedule but I wasn't all that hyped for this particular card.

I just finished watching Tex vs Bader. Quite short, lol.
    Last edited by Doc Q; 09-05-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Yeah. It wasn't a noteworthy event. I only watched the finishes by Jacare and Tex

UFC 165 predictions

Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson:
    Jones - rd1 - TKO

Renan Barao vs Eddie Wineland:
    Barao - rd 5 - Decision

Pat Healy vs Khabib Nurmagomedov:
    Khabib - rd 2 - TKO

Matt Mitrione vs Brendan Shaub:
    Mitrione - rd1 - KO

Fransis Carmont vs Constatinos Philippou:
    Philippou- rd3- decision

I don't see Gustaf as Jones' toughest opponent to date. I hope I'm wrong, but Rd1 GNP seems like the most valid option to me.

Barao is keeping the belt until he faces Cruz. (And possibly afterwards also) Wineland will be outscored.

I hate Pat Healy for subbing one of my favorite fighters. Khabib needs to knock this motherfucker to the ground. Seeing a russian prospect rising in the division will be fun.

Mitrione will probly land something big and knock Shaub out cold.
    Last edited by Doc Q; 09-12-2013 at 09:38 AM.

I saw Gustafsson vs Jones earlier today, it was an incredible match from start to finish.

Gus did incredibly well despite losing by decision, he dominated the first 3 rounds. In the forth round they were on an equal footing until he ate that spinning back elbow from Jones, that really clocked him. Goddamn, Jones' elbow strikes are so vicious and brutal.

Both fighters did well, however I was more impressed by how well Gustafsson handled himself throughout that fight. It was impressive how he kept avoiding those takedowns from Jones. I will look forward for rematch between those two.

Gustafsson absolutely and utterly amazed me. He won me over with this fight, I'll be a lifelong fan of his.

His boxing is absolutely incredible. Showed great TTD. Chin like a rock. And he's quite creative, maybe not at the level of the champ; but still.

Great match, It's a good time to be an MMA fan.

Also:

Last edited by Doc Q; 09-22-2013 at 02:25 PM.