Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 76 of 76

Thread: Boa Hancock vs. Jozu

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Magnellen and Garp both got a free hit on Whitebeard, guess which one of them is doing more damage?
    ...........

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by The Visionary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can call it flimsy, sure.

    But we're talking about two fighters here who both had the chance to get a "free hit" on the other. I believe we witnessed an obvious power gap after they got their freebe in.

    Also, your analogy only works if you compare Luffy and Zoro getting a free hit on each other.
    No we did not. Akainu did more damage to Whitebeard than even Garp could with a free attack. Going by your logic Akainu has to be stronger than Garp. Hell, Akainu could probably do more damage to Whitebeard in their final countermen with one attack than Whitebeard himself could probably do with any single attack to a top-tier.

    The difference between the effects of Jozu and Aokiji's attacks tell us absolutely nothing about the power gap. I don't understand how or why you'd continue to use logic you yourself admit to being flimsy.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by The Visionary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...........
    Excellent rebuttal, you have me convinced!

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No we did not. Akainu did more damage to Whitebeard than even Garp could with a free attack. Going by your logic Akainu has to be stronger than Garp. Hell, Akainu could probably do more damage to Whitebeard in their final countermen with one attack than Whitebeard himself could probably do with any single attack to a top-tier.
    [/FONT]
    We do not know the extent of Garp's power, so this is an assumption.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by The Visionary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We do not know the extent of Garp's power, so this is an assumption.
    Way to completely miss the point. We all know Garp is now going to be more lethal than Akainu. Use Pirate King Luffy if you want, doesn't make a difference.

    You yourself gave the example of Luffy and Zoro getting a free hit on one another. By your own logic Zoro is stronger than Luffy.


  6. #66
    No, I got your point. I just don't agree.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by The Visionary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I got your point. I just don't agree.
    Based on what reasoning?

    If you truly get the point but still disagree than that just means you're flat out lying to yourself.

  8. #68
    If I'm following you correctly, you're saying Akainu could do more damage to someone with his attack than Whitebeard/Garp/Anyone we choose to anyone else.

    What I'm saying is, if we're comparing two people who're fighting each other, not someone else, of differing power levels, then we would possibly see who's superior if you allowed the two to get a free hit on the other.

    This happened with:

    Luffy v. Magellan (Winner: Mag)
    Luffy v. Bellamy (Winner: Luffy)
    Croc v. Jozu (No winner, but we know who would've won)
    And others (those were off the top off my head)

    I'm not saying it's perfect logic, because it's not. I'm just going about this from a pseudo case study point of view, using specific examples from past fights to try and explain the outcome of J and Aokiji.

  9. #69
    So you think Zoro is stronger than Luffy? Because if they fought each other twice and each got a free hit on the other Zoro would do a lot more damage to Luffy than vice-versa.

    What's really baffling here is the fact that you're following logic you admit is flawed. That's like willingly putting your hand in a fire despite knowing it burns you.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    What's really baffling here is the fact that you're following logic you admit is flawed. That's like willingly putting your hand in a fire despite knowing it burns you.
    I don't see how anyone can have perfect logic when it comes to a manga. Same thing goes for case studies.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by The Visionary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how anyone can have perfect logic when it comes to a manga. Same thing goes for case studies.
    So are you telling me you base your opinions on logic with clear flaws? Then there's no standards here. You can literally believe anything you want.

    And you didn't answer the Zoro and Luffy question. Zoro is stronger than Luffy based on your logic, do you deny this?

  12. #72
    why are you guys saying jozu.

    if you guys are saying jozu then you gotta say shiliew too.


    pls dont say shiliew.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefist View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why are you guys saying jozu.

    if you guys are saying jozu then you gotta say shiliew too.


    pls dont say shiliew.
    Shiliew and Jozu are their actual names spelled out in English. Calling him Jaws was due to a misconception.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So are you telling me you base your opinions on logic with clear flaws? Then there's no standards here. You can literally believe anything you want.

    And you didn't answer the Zoro and Luffy question. Zoro is stronger than Luffy based on your logic, do you deny this?
    No, I think I'm just the first to admit that my logic isn't flawless, especially in a one piece debate.

    The dependent variable in my reasoning is that we're assuming (or we know) that the two fighters have different power levels. As far as we know, Zoro and Luffy are very close, if not as strong as, each other. Plus, didn't they fight before?

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by The Visionary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I think I'm just the first to admit that my logic isn't flawless, especially in a one piece debate.

    The dependent variable in my reasoning is that we're assuming (or we know) that the two fighters have different power levels. As far as we know, Zoro and Luffy are very close, if not as strong as, each other. Plus, didn't they fight before?
    The problem isn't you admitting your logic is flawed. The problem is you admitting your logic is flawed but still believing it. The fact that this is about a manga is irreverent. You've made it so that you can believe literally anything you want. We follow certain trains of thought because they make sense to us and we abandon certain trains of thought because they don't make sense to us. But here you are saying you believe in a train of thought that, by your own admission, doesn't make sense.

    Except that your entire reason for saying Aokiji and Jozu are not very close in power is how the other reacted to getting attacked while off-guard so you can't say it only works if we already know the two people arent close in power. Also, if we already know the two people in question are not on the same level why do we need the example of them being hit while off-guard to tell us that?
    Last edited by Pimp of Pimps; 03-18-2013 at 12:44 AM.

  16. #76
    The Tengu Reefa2931's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    768
    I wouldn't say it is a stomp but I still believe that Jozu has got this. I mean Hancock is definitely faster and more agile but it is literally one hit from Jozu and then gg Hancock. This would be a long tiring fight but eventually Jozu wins with mid-high difficulty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •