Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    people who do a 100 reps of anything, stop.

just add resistance for petes sake

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You wouldn't understand the substance. (under-sub; stand-stance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon T.O.P. View Post
    Calling someone a nigger is not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    "As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

Endurance=/=power

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    can you even get that much more endurance with it? is it really a noticeable thing??

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    You wouldn't understand the substance. (under-sub; stand-stance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon T.O.P. View Post
    Calling someone a nigger is not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    "As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sword View Post
    Not much bigger than the left arm.
    A switch hitter, eh?
    Because of you

families can get their child the cancer treatment need without worrying about how to pay for it. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food. They can provide free housing to families, so kids aren't stuck in a hospital room while receiving the best cancer care.

DONATE HERE
    https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/...4262&pID=24671
    -------------------------
    I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ST. JUDE CHILDRENS RESEARCH HOSPITAL

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou View Post
    can you even get that much more endurance with it? is it really a noticeable thing??
    After some years.

Your arm becomes harder instead of bigger. Larger muscles carry water and aren't as strong as lean muscles. Plus, larger muscle take more energy to move because they're heavier and produce more lactic acid, so a smaller but harder muscle would be able to exert more force for a longer period of time. I can go into the whole pink, red, and white muscle thing, but it gets complicated.

I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.

You can get those same results with less reps and more resistance.
    No.​

More resistance makes your muscles tear faster and if you work out daily your muscles will adapt in order to repair faster. When muscles repair faster, they are red and rough. The reason they grow back faster is because they store water after your body releases a basic substance to neutralize the lactic acid. An acid reacts with a base to create water and a salt. Therefore, your muscles are big, but weak. The release of the basic substance is often confused with an adrenaline rush.

By doing more reps of less resistance or smaller weight, your muscles have more time to heal and grow back pink and semi-smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sword View Post
    More resistance makes your muscles tear faster and if you work out daily your muscles will adapt in order to repair faster. When muscles repair faster, they are red and rough. The reason they grow back faster is because they store water after your body releases a basic substance to neutralize the lactic acid. An acid reacts with a base to create water and a salt. Therefore, your muscles are big, but weak. The release of the basic substance is often confused with an adrenaline rush.

By doing more reps of less resistance or smaller weight, your muscles have more time to heal and grow back pink and semi-smooth.
    Overworking your muscles causes them to tear faster and overworking your muscles comes from a combination of unnecessarily high resistance and too many reps. It's possible to use high resistance with lower reps and get the effect you're talking about as well.

Bottom line is the reason your muscles are becoming "harder" is not because you do so many reps but because you exercise more often than most.
    No.​

If you can do 100 push-ups properly in one go, wouldn't it be better to do it that way?

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    100 pushups and 100 crunches everyday.

Also use weights sporadically.
    For God's sake,you are only building endurance,add some variety there.Not anything too hard.Diamond pushups,explosive pushups,elevated pushups,pullups,anything with more resistance.

Bottom line is the reason your muscles are becoming "harder" is not because you do so many reps but because you exercise more often than most.
    Exactly.
    If you can do 100 push-ups properly in one go, wouldn't it be better to do it that way?
    Yes.But you shouldnt do just one set of an exercise,especially if its pretty much the only thing you're even doing.Do 2-3 sets of 100 pushups.If you cant,do 100,then 60 and 60,or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post
    For God's sake,you are only building endurance,add some variety there.Not anything too hard.Diamond pushups,explosive pushups,elevated pushups,pullups,anything with more resistance.
    Do push-ups not increase strength?

Also, PoP advised me to start one-arm pushups, so I might start that.

Do push-ups not increase strength?

Also, PoP advised me to start one-arm pushups, so I might start that.
    There's not a single exercise that can be done 100 times in a row and still be noticeably beneficial for strength.Pushups were increasing your strength when you were going from 15 to 30.After that its mostly just endurance and if you really wanna focus on endurance do more sets.But 100 pushups is a good feat nontheless,you should have worked to that.

Can you do them?If you can go for them or start trying to do them.But dont do only on exercise,add some variety,do some of the pushups I recommened to you.

There's not a single exercise that can be done 100 times in a row and still be noticeably beneficial for strength.Pushups were increasing your strength when you were going from 15 to 30.After that its mostly just endurance and if you really wanna focus on endurance do more sets.But 100 pushups is a good feat nontheless,you should have worked to that.
    The thing is, I was only recently able to reach 100 push-ups, so how long do you think it would take before they stop having an effect on my strength?

Can you do them?If you can go for them or start trying to do them.But dont do only on exercise,add some variety,do some of the pushups I recommened to you.
    Haven't tried it yet. I'm thinking balance is probably a factor in it.

But can I ask what an explosive push-up is?

The thing is, I was only recently able to reach 100 push-ups, so how long do you think it would take before they stop having an effect on my strength?
    They have probably stopped having a significant effect to your strength by the time you could do much more than 30.Of course,they will add an amount of strength,if you are having real difficulty in the last 5-10 reps.If you can do them with any pain on your muscles then you're probably not getting anything.

Haven't tried it yet. I'm thinking balance is probably a factor in it.

But can I ask what an explosive push-up is?
    By explosive pushups I mean a smaller movement but as fast as you can.

Try to see how many pushups you can do with your feet on a chair.Also try diamond pushups.Try to do every day 3 sets of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Candie View Post
    Honestly, I would recommened just replacing pushups with bench and chest presses. That way you can constantly increarse the weights.
    You can do the same,by just doing different pushups version.

Bench press wouldnt be bad though.

Your muscles have a built in memory of something, they meoirze if you keep doing the same thing and won't grow. Therefore you have to trick the muscles memory by constantly changing the resistance, aka making it more harder.
    Thats true.Back in the past,I used to do some hundred crunches everyday and I was wondering why my abs werent evolving.

You can do the same,by just doing different pushups version.

Bench press wouldnt be bad though.

Thats true.Back in the past,I used to do some hundred crunches everyday and I was wondering why my abs werent evolving.
    How long did the hundred crunches take you? I heard that if you slow down the process it will help, but I've never done it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    How long did the hundred crunches take you? I heard that if you slow down the process it will help, but I've never done it myself.
    Many minutes.I was doing around 6 hundred and they were lasting around ten minutes if I remember correctly.

I'm talking about small crunches btw.

Many minutes.I was doing around 6 hundred and they were lasting around ten minutes if I remember correctly.

I'm talking about small crunches btw.
    I knew this guy who would take hours to do two hundred crunches or sit ups (I can't really remember), and would do the same with pushups. I honestly have no clue if it would help or not. I'm not a fitness guru sort of guy. I just would run or ride my bike for fitness than do anything else. I'm lame that way.

Yaeh thats a quite common method.

But seriously?Two hours for two hundred crunches?Whut???Thats not even possible unless he was doing them in like 4 sets with breaks that lasteed many minutes.

He said he would really slowly go up and down, and apparently used to have to use a timing device (like a band member would to help keep time) to help pace himself so he wouldn't do it too quickly.