Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Boston's defense is very impressive. If Gordon Hayward recovers they can be a legit threat.

I don't even expect them to win the eastern conference this year,but it's good that the young guns are making progress.If the main guys stay together and healthy for couple of years then I expect them to be best team from the east.As for the west SAS(my team from the west) need some younger stars around Kawhi Leonard,hope that Pop will figure it out,time to let the old guys(Parker,Gasol,Manu) retire.
    Last edited by Perun; 11-17-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Mark my words, Boston will finish in the Eastern Conference lower than a two seed.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

tatum and brown are playing some inspiring ball with more play time. hayward's injury was a blessing in disguise for their development.

they'll secure top of the east in a few years alongside hayward when he's healthy but i don't think they'll sustain this level of play this year.

can the rockets beat the warriors this year? cp3 has gelled with houston with harden really well. i'd be happy if cp3 can get a ring this year tbh.

Rockets got pieces. Paul, Ariza, and Tucker are all studs on the defensive end and then they just surround Harden with shooters. I don't know if it'll be enough, but it's super intriguing. So glad they didn't get Melo, that would have wrecked them.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

yeah melo has proven himself to be cancerous in okc. houston getting him would've been a huge mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah melo has proven himself to be cancerous in okc. houston getting him would've been a huge mistake
    I just don't see why people were going crazy over him. He proved in New York he wasn't a winner and that his once dominant offensive game had declined. Plus, he was never an average defender, so he was basically a little bit more than spare parts.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I just don't see why people were going crazy over him. He proved in New York he wasn't a winner and that his once dominant offensive game had declined. Plus, he was never an average defender, so he was basically a little bit more than spare parts.
    people were crazy about this acquisition because they've always fantasized about pairing melo with other superstars just to see how he would pan out. it's a little too late now tho. he's a shell of his former self like you mentioned. at this point he should cut the ego and just experiment coming off the bench because okc looks dysfunctional atm with three iso heavy players on the court taking turns bricking the rock.

people were crazy about this acquisition because they've always fantasized about pairing melo with other superstars just to see how he would pan out. it's a little too late now tho. he's a shell of his former self like you mentioned. at this point he should cut the ego and just experiment coming off the bench because okc looks dysfunctional atm with three iso heavy players on the court taking turns bricking the rock.
    I understand why people were hyped; it was more of a rhetorical question. Melo screams perfect sixth man. Even Wade is doing it.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

As a Knicks fan I knew Melo was a bit washed up for a while.

Also WB + Melo is an awful fit. Both are ball dominant and inefficient. Melo isn't a great scorer anymore and can't do anything else well. PG is still good but its hard for him when you have two ballhogs on the team.

On the other hand I really liked how the Rockets got CP3, Luc and PJ Tucker.

CP3 is the perfect fit in the D' Antoni system and he is an elite shooter and defender so he doesn't need to dominate the ball to be effective. Also D'Antoni staggers minutes to give CP3 and Harden time on the floor by themselves.
    Luc and PJ are very good 3 & D players.

I think the Rockets have a small chance at beating the Warriors. They are really dam good but the Warriors getting KD changed everything.

i take everything back. i almost forgot d'antoni was a regular season coach with shit adaptability. i think rockets either get out coached by pops again or warriors put them in a body bag in the playoffs.

i take everything back. i almost forgot d'antoni was a regular season coach with shit adaptability. i think rockets either get out coached by pops again or warriors put them in a body bag in the playoffs.
    Coaching doesn't really matter as much as you think it does. The Cavs won a championship with Lue as coach.

D' Antoni has a great system. He isn't perfect but neither is Steve Kerr or even Pop for that matter.

I can't think of a single series that D' Antoni blew. Spurs were the favorites over the Suns in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Coaching doesn't really matter as much as you think it does. The Cavs won a championship with Lue as coach.

D' Antoni has a great system. He isn't perfect but neither is Steve Kerr or even Pop for that matter.

I can't think of a single series that D' Antoni blew. Spurs were the favorites over the Suns in my eyes.
    well everyone knows lebron is the coach, he studies his team dynamic so much and makes adjustments in and out the game. lue is a puppet man.

and i cant really knock on d'antoni's system, it's great. he's just hit several roadblocks in the playoffs, five of which where against pops who's arguably one of the best coach at countering his playstyle. d'antoni hasn't really adapted despite having a respectable team (let's count out that laker squad with dwight howard).

this is probably his most talented roster so far. id like to be proven wrong this year but im going to stick to his playoff blunder tendencies and say his failure to adapt will once again be his team's downfall.

well everyone knows lebron is the coach, he studies his team dynamic so much and makes adjustments in and out the game. lue is a puppet man.

and i cant really knock on d'antoni's system, it's great. he's just hit several roadblocks in the playoffs, five of which where against pops who's arguably one of the best coach at countering his playstyle. d'antoni hasn't really adapted despite having a respectable team (let's count out that laker squad with dwight howard).

this is probably his most talented roster so far. id like to be proven wrong this year but im going to stick to his playoff blunder tendencies and say his failure to adapt will once again be his team's downfall.
    I don't think the Spurs are talented enough to beat a healthy Rockets team to be quite frank. Coaching matters but the tables have turned talent wise. The Rockets will spank them even with kawhi healthy. I do not like this Spurs team. I am not high on guys like LMA and Rudy Gay or a washed up TP and Manu. Kawhi does not have enough help to win.

The Warriors are a different story but they do not have a coaching advantage imo.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    I don't think the Spurs are talented enough to beat a healthy Rockets team to be quite frank. Coaching matters but the tables have turned talent wise. The Rockets will spank them even with kawhi healthy. I do not like this Spurs team. I am not high on guys like LMA and Rudy Gay or a washed up TP and Manu. Kawhi does not have enough help to win.

The Warriors are a different story but they do not have a coaching advantage imo.
    fair enough. well see if talent overwhelms pops game plan this playoffs. spurs are just weird in general. not sure how they managed to have a 50-win pacing with the corpse of manu, lamarcus, no kawhi and some hard working scrubs.

What's with all these tough guys fronting this season?

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    What's with all these tough guys fronting this season?
    they're really trying to surpass the NFL as america's sport. what better way to do it than make headlines with petty drama and tough guys fronting on camera

- - - Updated - - -

also cavs are slumping hard as briccs this season. this is really the year bron is going to struggle in the playoffs. as a toronto fan i hope we break through this year and make the finals. id be glad if they got swept in 4 competitive games against the warriors lol

Cavs are too old. Too many washed up bums who can't play defense.

A healthy Rockets team is no joke.

They got:

CP3
    Harden
    Eric Gordon
    Ariza
    Capela
    Ryan Anderson
    Luc
    PJ Tucker
    Gerald Green
    Nene