Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 823
  1. #41
    You can't even say it's an opinion it's been stated by media members and voters themselves about voter fatigue

    I'm not debating that Lebron wont be the best player in the world, but if they get a lower seeding this year, win less games, or Durant and CP3 carry their teams to the no.1 Seed in the West I can GUARANTEE that Lebron will not get another MVP

    - - - Updated - - -

    also everyone now acknowledges that the Malone MVP was a joke

  2. #42
    Beyond the Veil Fatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sub-Terra
    Posts
    1,884
    If Lebron traded places with Jordan during his era would the Bulls still get 6 rings? Not trying to start anything just curious what you guys thought.




  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not debating that Lebron wont be the best player in the world, but if they get a lower seeding this year, win less games, or Durant and CP3 carry their teams to the no.1 Seed in the West I can GUARANTEE that Lebron will not get another MVP
    Well, the Heat won't get lower than the number one seed, so that point is moot. The Clippers most definitely will not get the number one seed in the West. And Westbrook will be back and help the Thunder just as much as Durant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lebron traded places with Jordan during his era would the Bulls still get 6 rings? Not trying to start anything just curious what you guys thought.
    No. Jordan played in a much more physically demanding era where as in the era LeBron plays in, if you touch someone, that's a foul.

  4. #44
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    6,733
    Nigga's better stop flopping it's pathetic.

    Celtics first game is against the Raptors. @X are you gonna watch?

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy™ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nigga's better stop flopping it's pathetic.

    Celtics first game is against the Raptors. @X are you gonna watch?
    It is on a Wednesday, so I won't be able to. It wouldn't be worth watching anyway.

  6. #46
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    6,733
    NBA Finals switch to 2 - 2 - 1 -1 -1 format.

    Extra day off between Game 6 and 7.

  7. #47
    Beyond the Veil Fatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sub-Terra
    Posts
    1,884
    Lots of travel time, but i guess the extra day off might make for an interesting game 7.




  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    I think the new Finals format is more fair to each team. Correct me if I am wrong, but it was in the format of 2-3-2 last year, right? We all know that in the Playoffs, no team goes perfect at home. But having three home games in a row can make a big difference. I am glad they split it up.

  9. #49
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    6,733
    Yeah last year was 2 - 3 -2.

    I agree it's more fair now for both teams. But it really doesn't matter to Miami since their gonna win at home and away.

  10. #50
    NBA Standings for 2013-2014 season.

    Eastern
    1.Miami
    2.Indiana
    3.Chicago
    4.Brooklyn
    5.New York
    6.Washington
    7.Cleveland
    8.Detroit


    Western
    1.Los Angeles Clippers
    2.Houston
    3.San Antonio
    4.Golden State
    5.Oklahoma City
    6.Memphis
    7.Los Angeles Lakers
    8.Minnesota

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, the Heat won't get lower than the number one seed, so that point is moot. The Clippers most definitely will not get the number one seed in the West. And Westbrook will be back and help the Thunder just as much as Durant.
    Incorrect assumption, three peat teams have a history of muddling it up during the regular season; the 2002 Lakers underachieved and the 98 Bulls were basically held on purely by Jordan's will. It's not outrageous to think that even though they are the favorite that their performance will go down during the regular season to keep certain players fresh for the post season when it really matters. There's precedent for it so it's not like this is a baseless assumption on my part.

    - - - Updated - - -

    also I disagree with the notion that the Heat will make it to the finals this year. My concern is Wade's knees and those never get better with age period even with conditioning. The fact that he never ever bothered to create a reliable jumpshot and essentially had a limited game (one of the greatest finisher's to ever play the game) also doesn't help. The Pacers have gotten better and the Bulls have Rose back (with the 2nd best coach in the league too) I think it's really up in the air. I'm not saying that The Heat can't make it, but Wade's diminished CONSISTENT game does not bode well for the team. Also they really rely on the role players being super hot at certain times and that wont always work.
    Last edited by Parallax; 10-26-2013 at 03:46 PM.

  12. #52
    Bws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New World
    Posts
    1,170
    This is the year that Indiana or Bulls will win the east.On the west there are too many equal teams.

  13. #53
    Beyond the Veil Fatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sub-Terra
    Posts
    1,884
    - Heat prepare for game against Chicago with physical practice -
    With the way the Miami HEAT assistant coaches, armed with handheld football pads, mauled LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as they drove into the lane at the end of Monday’s practice, one might think the star trio were actually running backs preparing for a big game. Instead, the HEAT were just preparing for a physical battle on the court in Tuesday’s season opener against the Chicago Bulls. After the HEAT staff brought out the football pads to practice for the first time this preseason, the message is clear. “We don’t like them, they don’t like us,” James said of the Bulls after the drill. “It’s not unheard of. We all know how it is.”




  14. #54
    Sick Individual Marimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Into The Wild Life
    Posts
    3,020
    Can't wait for the season opener tomorrow It'll be fun to see how Rose plays and if he's shaken the rust off in his time recovering

  15. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    Heat will win 84-77.

  16. #56
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    6,733
    Bulls will win.

    98 - 95

  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy™ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bulls will win.

    98 - 95
    You realize this is a game with two really good defenses, right? The score shouldn't be that high.

  18. #58
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    6,733
    Two great offences.

  19. #59
    Sick Individual Marimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Into The Wild Life
    Posts
    3,020
    Quite an approximate prediction there....The past tells us the Heat will lose miserably. Hopefully they don't start out with another terrible opening loss against the Bulls following winning the Finals...that shit was embarrassing those few years ago

  20. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Marimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite an approximate prediction there....The past tells us the Heat will lose miserably. Hopefully they don't start out with another terrible opening loss against the Bulls following winning the Finals...that shit was embarrassing those few years ago
    Three back to back Final appearances and two rings really helps one to forget about that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •