Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Results 1,721 to 1,727 of 1727
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Explain anything that I said was wrong, I just have a different analytical approach then you when talking about important stats clearly. You might be right that I don't understand much about the modern version of the game as well as I used to, but I still know the game of basketball and how it works. Explain, with words. Why anything I said was factually wrong besides your own opinion differing.

EDIT: And I realize that isn't Lebron now I thought it was 26.4. Plus I've never even followed Wiggins so I would have no idea why he would have that stigma. But I know for a fact that people have said some of the same shit you are saying about westbrook about Lebron. He's a shitty teammate.
    Lebron's a shitty teammate? What?

- - - Updated - - -

The dude that takes his team to NBA Finals year after year, makes every teammate better, buys them suits, is a shitty teammate? Get out of here.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Okay, you clearly don't know anything about the NBA.

But my point is Westbrook is an inefficient scorer whose numbers are pumped up because he has control of the ball almost all the time. I don't deny he's a great player, but people praise him a little too highly. Yeah he can put the ball in the hoop, but his numbers look significantly worse besides Durant, when he had to share the ball. I'll throw another comparison in here, Devin Booker. The kid can play, but he also has nobody around him to score, so he can take whatever shot he wants whenever he wants, just like Westbrook. Also, your top six comment feels so random that it feels like you threw out a number just to try to encompass a "everyone thinks this" mindset. Again, not trying to say Westbrook is a bad player, but I think he's overrated there's a lot of players I'd take before him.
    i mean yeah, it’s always twofold when it comes to westbrook: overrated or underrated. i understand that you lean towards the former but to say that he might not even be a top 5 pg in the league is kind of pushing it. that’s my only dispute with your opinion on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Explain anything that I said was wrong, I just have a different analytical approach then you when talking about important stats clearly. You might be right that I don't understand much about the modern version of the game as well as I used to, but I still know the game of basketball and how it works. Explain, with words. Why anything I said was factually wrong besides your own opinion differing.

EDIT: And I realize that isn't Lebron now I thought it was 26.4. Plus I've never even followed Wiggins so I would have no idea why he would have that stigma. But I know for a fact that people have said some of the same shit you are saying about westbrook about Lebron. He's a shitty teammate.
    the funny part is everyone of westbrook’s teammate absolutely adore and praise him as a teammate - bothformer and current players. it’s the media that twists that bad teammate narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

the funny part is everyone of westbrook’s teammate absolutely adore and praise him as a teammate - bothformer and current players. it’s the media that twists that bad teammate narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    i mean yeah, it’s always twofold when it comes to westbrook: overrated or underrated. i understand that you lean towards the former but to say that he might not even be a top 5 pg in the league is kind of pushing it. that’s my only dispute with your opinion on him.
    Yeah, maybe a little bit harsh from me. I'd definitely take Curry or Paul over him. And call me biased, but I'd probably take Lowry over him as well, but only if Lowry was a complementary piece, like he will be this year.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Yeah, maybe a little bit harsh from me. I'd definitely take Curry or Paul over him. And call me biased, but I'd probably take Lowry over him as well, but only if Lowry was a complementary piece, like he will be this year.
    not biased at all. guys like lowry and paul are perfect complimentary pieces for certain teams. even though westbrook is better, you could plug in lowry or paul on a team like spurs and they would adjust perfectly fine. westbrook is the type of player you can’t plug in - you’d have to build around him to maximize his skill set.

little off topic but i remember receiving some major backlash from my boys for arguing 15-16 lowry over 16-17 westbrook in terms of the pg i want on the raptors. fact is, westbrook would not gel well with derozan.

not biased at all. guys like lowry and paul are perfect complimentary pieces for certain teams. even though westbrook is better, you could plug in lowry or paul on a team like spurs and they would adjust perfectly fine. westbrook is the type of player you can’t plug in - you’d have to build around him to maximize his skill set.

little off topic but i remember receiving some major backlash from my boys for arguing 15-16 lowry over 16-17 westbrook in terms of the pg i want on the raptors. fact is, westbrook would not gel well with derozan.
    Even 17-18 Lowry was/is a better fit for the Raptors alongside Derozan or Leonard than Westbrook. Presti should build a team almost like Lebron had in Cleveland; full of shooters and people who know how to get the fuck out of the way. I think Presti is a wiz of a GM who can get steals, but I don't love this team around Westbrook and don't think he's being maximized.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

off season is not over yet. its become apparent that jimmy “fuck the rings” butler is in it for the money now. this man really chose the nets/knicks/clippers as his desired teams.

or maybe hes playing 3D chess and knows knicks will sign kyrie or clippers will sign kawhi. not sure about the nets tho.

one thing is certain tho, if he doesnt pick the raptors then hell catch this fade. lowry/kawhi/butler/og/jv while only giving up serge + delon/siakam is a championship contendering team

off season is not over yet. its become apparent that jimmy “fuck the rings” butler is in it for the money now. this man really chose the nets/knicks/clippers as his desired teams.

or maybe hes playing 3D chess and knows knicks will sign kyrie or clippers will sign kawhi. not sure about the nets tho.

one thing is certain tho, if he doesnt pick the raptors then hell catch this fade. lowry/kawhi/butler/og/jv while only giving up serge + delon/siakam is a championship contendering team
    Jimmy Butler still hasn't had his big payday can't exactly fault him for not going after the $. With lots of stars getting 30-40m per year contracts he should go for it.