Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
Results 1,661 to 1,672 of 1672
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1019555631810801666

we actually just traded our most loyal player for a rental. i'm sick.

kawhi + danny green for poetl + derozan + future 2019 pick
    @X;
    Last edited by Loki; 07-18-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Yeah, I had to log in to make a comment about this. From an emotional standpoint, this absolutely fucking sucks. I loved Kyle and Demar's bromance and these guys have been so loyal to the Raptors and we're such good guys to root for. From a business standpoint, it sucks as well because I guess the Raptors told Demar he wasn't going to be traded, which looks so shady. However, from a basketball perspective, this is a fantastic deal. You don't give up OG or Delon, the 1st round pick is top 20 protected, so you aren't risking your future at all, and if Kawhi walks after this year, you get out of Demar's contract and free up salary cap. This sucks from a fan's point of view and will sting for awhile, but once that hurt fades, this is a good deal and kind of a steal.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Kawhi is a rental sure but he is honestly a far far better player than Demar.

I'm fucking gutted for Demar and I feel him, but this was a move that was best for the Raptors.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I had to log in to make a comment about this. From an emotional standpoint, this absolutely fucking sucks. I loved Kyle and Demar's bromance and these guys have been so loyal to the Raptors and we're such good guys to root for. From a business standpoint, it sucks as well because I guess the Raptors told Demar he wasn't going to be traded, which looks so shady. However, from a basketball perspective, this is a fantastic deal. You don't give up OG or Delon, the 1st round pick is top 20 protected, so you aren't risking your future at all, and if Kawhi walks after this year, you get out of Demar's contract and free up salary cap. This sucks from a fan's point of view and will sting for awhile, but once that hurt fades, this is a good deal and kind of a steal.
    kinda summarized how i feel. the bolded points kinda soften the emotional impact of this deal. i was livid hearing the news without the details because masai might've potentially let OG go but after hearing poetl included in the deal it's a solid move. i'm a big fan of poetl's game and i'm sure he'll thrive well under pop's system. wish derozan all the best - at least we shipped him to a top class organization. could've been the kings lol.

Yeah, OG is basically Kawhi lite so those two in the same lineup is kind of cool. Poetel was the most expendable young piece the Raps had so in my mind, this trade is actually a steal go the Raps, regardless of if Kawhi resigns. In the off chance he actually wants to sit out, the drama will just increase.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Mega Ton
    Can Kawhi really sit out an entire year? I feel like there would be some repercussions to him doing that. I mean how can you justify paying someone that refuse to do their job? Thought's? @X @Loki

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    Can Kawhi really sit out an entire year? I feel like there would be some repercussions to him doing that. I mean how can you justify paying someone that refuse to do their job? Thought's? @X @Loki
    if he wants a max contract he has to prove something. plus he has a huge chip on his shoulder from the criticism so i’m confident that’s he’ll come out guns blazing this season

Mega Ton
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    if he wants a max contract he has to prove something. plus he has a huge chip on his shoulder from the criticism so i’m confident that’s he’ll come out guns blazing this season
    I sure hope so. I really feel like he is getting some bad advice from his agent. Toronto doesn't deserve to get crapped on for no reason just because he doesn't want to play there. It's called being a professional.

I sure hope so. I really feel like he is getting some bad advice from his agent. Toronto doesn't deserve to get crapped on for no reason just because he doesn't want to play there. It's called being a professional.
    ill sneak into his house with a pair of scissors and cut off his damn braids if he does toronto dirty

Nah, it's all smoke and mirrors. Latest reports say he's now 'warming up' to the idea of playing with the Raptors. Him sitting out a year would be career suicide.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Mega Ton
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Nah, it's all smoke and mirrors. Latest reports say he's now 'warming up' to the idea of playing with the Raptors. Him sitting out a year would be career suicide.
    I think you are right...this just seems like a bluff on his part to try and get to LA, but it failed. He might even enjoy Toronto who knows?