Shaq
    Timmy

That's my top 10

Kobe is 11 for me

Most people have Kobe around the 10th spot

I would have tim higher up but it's a solid list

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The dude was good at everything. As I said people only look at his horrible stats post achilles injury. Kobe could pass, he was the best offensive player, he was great at defense. There is a reason why he was the best in the 2000s.

So ? If Kobe had a better team in his prime instead of Smush, Kwame and Mihm he would get other rings too. Kobe is the GOAT Laker, whether some like it or not. I know the usual replies will come where there will be a post with him being carried by Shaq even though that's completely false, heck Kobe carried the team multiple times and he was 20-23 years old. Shaq only dominated in the finals where the eastern team was just piss poor and we all know what happened when Shaq fouled out with Indi and Kobe was playing the whole series with an injury.
    I can't converse with you if you think Kobe is greater than Kareem.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by hentaisenpai View Post
    Jordan
    Lebron
    Kareem
    Hakeem
    Wilt
    Bird
    Magic
    Shaq
    Timmy

That's my top 10

Kobe is 11 for me
    Sabonis > Duncan

Kazutrash - A Real Man hentaisenpai's Avatar
    Sabonis > Duncan
    You on drugs what Duncan did in the NBA was way greater than what Sabonis did. Sabonis was revolutionary in his own right, but when got in the NBA he was injured and never did much. Remember we are talking about NBA strictly.

Luka Doncic will get into the top 10 one day, believe it

Quote Originally Posted by hentaisenpai View Post
    You on drugs what Duncan did in the NBA was way greater than what Sabonis did. Sabonis was revolutionary in his own right, but when got in the NBA he was injured and never did much. Remember we are talking about NBA strictly.

Luka Doncic will get into the top 10 one day, believe it
    Strictly talking on talent, Sabonis was superior to Duncan and he was unlucky he couldn't get to the NBA as early as the 80s

Also how is Duncan above Kobe when Kobe has beaten him so many times ?

duncan is not above kobe

tier 1: mj, lebron, kaj

tier 2: wilt, hakeem, bill, magic

tier 3: bird, shaq, kobe, timmy
    Last edited by Loki; 01-11-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Sabonis > Duncan
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL

DUNCAN>Kobe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    I don't agree that MJ faced particularly good competition. Don't get me wrong Lebron faced weak competition in the Leastern Conference for years so Lebron faced even weaker competition but his competition in the Finals has generally been really dam good-great.

Keep in mind the first time MJ beat the Pistons they were already no longer in their prime. Isiah Thomas was already out of his prime, Pistons were actually already the underdog, they had a worse record than the Bulls. I am a Knicks fan I never at any point considered the Knicks great. They had Ewing who was very good but lacked the extra gear in the playoffs that greats had, the rest of the team was solid role players like Oakley and Mason. Starks was considered one of our best players and the dude was a glorified J.R smith

Pacers had Reggie Miller and Smits who was a pretty good player but no one particularly notable aside from that.

None of these teams were particularly great honestly. I don't think any of them were better than the Spurs teams Lebron faced in the Finals, definitely not better than any of the Warriors teams. Heck I would put Dirk's Mavs over most of them if not all. Probably not better than the OKC team with KD, Wb, Harden either.
    Stop this Pistons were old narrative. Dumars, Thomas and Rodman were all under the age 30 and Dumars was the same age as Jordan, not to mention the Pistons were the reigning champions.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't agree that MJ faced particularly good competition. Don't get me wrong Lebron faced weak competition in the Leastern Conference for years so Lebron faced even weaker competition but his competition in the Finals has generally been really dam good-great.

Keep in mind the first time MJ beat the Pistons they were already no longer in their prime. Isiah Thomas was already out of his prime, Pistons were actually already the underdog, they had a worse record than the Bulls. I am a Knicks fan I never at any point considered the Knicks great. They had Ewing who was very good but lacked the extra gear in the playoffs that greats had, the rest of the team was solid role players like Oakley and Mason. Starks was considered one of our best players and the dude was a glorified J.R smith

Pacers had Reggie Miller and Smits who was a pretty good player but no one particularly notable aside from that.

None of these teams were particularly great honestly. I don't think any of them were better than the Spurs teams Lebron faced in the Finals, definitely not better than any of the Warriors teams. Heck I would put Dirk's Mavs over most of them if not all. Probably not better than the OKC team with KD, Wb, Harden either.
    Stop this Pistons were old narrative. Dumars, Thomas and Rodman were all under the age 30 and Dumars was the same age as Jordan, not to mention the Pistons were the reigning champions.

Quote Originally Posted by W View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL

DUNCAN>Kobe

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Its undeniable the Pistons were washed up. They were a 50 win team at that point, not exactly impressive.

IT was injured and washed up. 29 isn't old but for a short PG back then its certainly not young.

Its not a narrative 91 Pistons were not on the same level as the 89 or 90 Pistons.

By 1991 IT was already in steep decline. Also Laimbeer was also old at that point, he was a pretty key piece as well.

But yea Duncan>Kobe
    Last edited by felixng2015; 01-11-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Sabonis was pulling 3s, was an incredible passer, excellent at the post, he was doing what Jokic is doing right now 30 years ago. He was the total package. He would have had a greater career than Duncan if he was allowed to play in the NBA in his prime and before injuries got him.

Also Duncan is > Kobe based on what ? They have the same rings, they've won the same stuff but the point is Kobe in his prime was destroying Duncan. 2008 was a prime example or how he was getting past both Duncan and Robinson.

Duncan has nothing on Kobe.

Sabonis was pulling 3s, was an incredible passer, excellent at the post, he was doing what Jokic is doing right now 30 years ago. He was the total package. He would have had a greater career than Duncan if he was allowed to play in the NBA in his prime and before injuries got him.

Also Duncan is > Kobe based on what ? They have the same rings, they've won the same stuff but the point is Kobe in his prime was destroying Duncan. 2008 was a prime example or how he was getting past both Duncan and Robinson.

08 Duncan was not in his prime. His prime was 02-05.

Based on your logic 03 Duncan shits on Kobe + Shaq combined.

08 Duncan was not in his prime. His prime was 02-05.

Based on your logic 03 Duncan shits on Kobe + Shaq combined.
    What kind of logic is that ? They have faced each other multiple times and Kobe was always looking better. What does Duncan have on Kobe ?

What kind of logic is that ? They have faced each other multiple times and Kobe was always looking better. What does Duncan have on Kobe ?
    Kobe always looked better? Right thats why prime Duncan outplayed the best player on the Lakers shaq and mr. second fiddle Kobe in 04.

Kobe stans I swear. Probably think he is the better than other Lakers like Shaq, Magic, Kareem, Wilt

Kobe always looked better? Right thats why prime Duncan outplayed the best player on the Lakers shaq and mr. second fiddle Kobe in 04.

Kobe stans I swear. Probably think he is the better than other Lakers like Shaq, Magic, Kareem, Wilt
    Why aren't you posting about the 2001 WCF ? With 22 year old Kobe wrecking the Spurs ?

https://www.basketball-reference.com...-vs-spurs.html

Was Kobe second fiddle in this series ?

You still don't answer. What puts Duncan above Kobe.

Its undeniable the Pistons were washed up. They were a 50 win team at that point, not exactly impressive.

IT was injured and washed up. 29 isn't old but for a short PG back then its certainly not young.

Its not a narrative 91 Pistons were not on the same level as the 89 or 90 Pistons.

By 1991 IT was already in steep decline. Also Laimbeer was also old at that point, he was a pretty key piece as well.

But yea Duncan>Kobe
    50 wins are still impressive, especially when you put into context that the Bulls won 61 games and Boston won 56. Pistons had the 4th highest defensive rating in the league and Rodman won DPOY that year.

It was still putting up 16&9, that's not his peak but he wasn't washed, while Dumars was all nba and Rodman was DPOY, their core was still good.

The 91 Pistons were slightly worse than the year before, they were still championship contenders. Laimbeer wasn't their star, he was just a role player.

- - - Updated - - -

They have the same rings but Kobe wasn't the best player on his team for three of them, while Duncan himself was arguably the best on every championship team bar the last one. If we're being serious, Duncan would have won FMVP in 2013 at age 35. Duncan has more regular season MVPs, more FMVPs, and more all defensive teams (plus they're more elite defensive forwards than guards). And if you look individual seasons Duncan's 03' season blows any of Kobe's out of the water. All while Duncan sacrificed individual stats for the sake of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by W View Post
    50 wins are still impressive, especially when you put into context that the Bulls won 61 games and Boston won 56. Pistons had the 4th highest defensive rating in the league and Rodman won DPOY that year.

It was still putting up 16&9, that's not his peak but he wasn't washed, while Dumars was all nba and Rodman was DPOY, their core was still good.

The 91 Pistons were slightly worse than the year before, they were still championship contenders. Laimbeer wasn't their star, he was just a role player.

- - - Updated - - -

They have the same rings but Kobe wasn't the best player on his team for three of them, while Duncan himself was arguably the best on every championship team bar the last one. If we're being serious, Duncan would have won FMVP in 2013 at age 35. Duncan has more regular season MVPs, more FMVPs, and more all defensive teams (plus they're more elite defensive forwards than guards). And if you look individual seasons Duncan's 03' season blows any of Kobe's out of the water. All while Duncan sacrificed individual stats for the sake of the team.
    WHat's this pathetic excuse with Bryant not being the best on his team ? Shaq would have never gotten those rings without Bryant and there are several series where Kobe carried the Lakers and was playing above Shaq and he was young as fuck. Why aren't you mentioning that ? Also Duncan never deserved the NBA FMVP 2013, Kawhi did and he rightfully got it.

Should I laugh my ass off now or later ? the same year Duncan won MVP, Kobe completely outplayed him socring 30pg 7rp and 6apg How was Duncan better individually ? Kobe also got robbed of another mvp award so your point on MVPs is absolutely pointless.

I just wanna say Jordans competition was not weak. That's a lie. Also that era was much more physical and less reliant on 3's like todays game.
    Reading One Piece, Toriko , Holy Land, Solo Leveling, Dr Stone//

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    I just wanna say Jordans competition was not weak. That's a lie. Also that era was much more physical and less reliant on 3's like todays game.
    Tbh current era would probably storm the 90s. The difference in skill and speed is humongous.

Tbh current era would probably storm the 90s. The difference in skill and speed is humongous.
    That's pure speculation. The game is played differently now.
    Reading One Piece, Toriko , Holy Land, Solo Leveling, Dr Stone//

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    That's pure speculation. The game is played differently now.
    What's the best possible starting 5 in the 90s ? Fro the current era for I'd put Curry, Harden, Durant, Lebron and AD. Too skillful, can shoot from anywhere. I can hardly see how the guys from the 90s could match them up.

Page 97 of 104 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast