Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 1969
    Did any of you see Lebron on his show More than an Athlete? He said he thought he was the GOAT?...
    What do you guys think about this? I personally don't think anyone can self proclaim a title such as the greatest player of all time because it's not up to you. It's up to your peers and the general consensus of the world. Here's the video in case anyone missed it.

@X
    @Shane
    @Gold
    @Void
    @felixng2015
    @
    Loki
    @Ratchet
    @hentaisenpai
    @
    V
    Last edited by D; 01-08-2019 at 12:13 AM.
    Reading One Piece, Toriko , Holy Land, Solo Leveling, Dr Stone//

Nope

He can think that all he wants but yeah, i agree its not really up to him since others would have to agree

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Kazutrash - A Real Man hentaisenpai's Avatar
    It's not up to him and personally, he's not my GOAT. That could change if he wins a few more chips, but I doubt it. He's pretty close right now.

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did any of you see Lebron on his show More than an Athlete? He said he thought he was the GOAT?...
    What do you guys think about this? I personally don't think anyone can self proclaim a title such as the greatest player of all time because it's not up to you. It's up to your peers and the general consensus of the world. Here's the video in case anyone missed it.

@X
    @Shane
    @Gold
    @Void
    @felixng2015
    @
    Loki
    @Ratchet
    @hentaisenpai
    @
    V
    I have no problem with that its not like he is not even a top 10 player all time or something. Great players should be confident. MJ is the goat to me but LBJ is top 3 for me along with Kareem. You can argue other players too ofc.

MJ is the best, but Lebron might be second.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Master of Ceremonies Millennium Creed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    MJ is the best, but Lebron might be second.
    would you mind explaining?

would love to learn more about how bron will never top him

He is my GOAT
    MOUBU WANKER

He probably was high as fuc

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium Creed View Post
    would you mind explaining?

would love to learn more about how bron will never top him
    MJ dominated in an era where there were other legitimate superstars on a lot of teams. I mean, you had great players on the Pistons, Knicks, Celtics, Pacers, and that was just in his conference alone. MJ was the reason Karl Malone, the second leading scorer in NBA history, never got a ring. He played in an time where if people were to make a top ten or twenty list of the all-time best players, they'd be picking a lot of players from his era. Lebron James hasn't had weak competition by any means, but I think MJ came against a lot better individuals and teams than Lebron and dominated them. Lebron, however, is still more physically gifted than almost anyone who's ever played the game, and his basketball intelligence is almost unrivaled. Where other top contenders for the GOAT may have scored more than him or had better success in the Finals, from a strictly basketball sense, only MJ MIGHT be better than Lebron. MJ gets the nod over Lebron, though, for the previous reasons, and then there's argument for other players to be over Lebron simply because of their career accomplishments. But yeah, if we're talking about basketball skill and athleticism, no one touches MJ or Lebron.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

MJ dominated in an era where there were other legitimate superstars on a lot of teams. I mean, you had great players on the Pistons, Knicks, Celtics, Pacers, and that was just in his conference alone. MJ was the reason Karl Malone, the second leading scorer in NBA history, never got a ring. He played in an time where if people were to make a top ten or twenty list of the all-time best players, they'd be picking a lot of players from his era. Lebron James hasn't had weak competition by any means, but I think MJ came against a lot better individuals and teams than Lebron and dominated them. Lebron, however, is still more physically gifted than almost anyone who's ever played the game, and his basketball intelligence is almost unrivaled. Where other top contenders for the GOAT may have scored more than him or had better success in the Finals, from a strictly basketball sense, only MJ MIGHT be better than Lebron. MJ gets the nod over Lebron, though, for the previous reasons, and then there's argument for other players to be over Lebron simply because of their career accomplishments. But yeah, if we're talking about basketball skill and athleticism, no one touches MJ or Lebron.
    I don't agree that MJ faced particularly good competition. Don't get me wrong Lebron faced weak competition in the Leastern Conference for years so Lebron faced even weaker competition but his competition in the Finals has generally been really dam good-great.

Keep in mind the first time MJ beat the Pistons they were already no longer in their prime. Isiah Thomas was already out of his prime, Pistons were actually already the underdog, they had a worse record than the Bulls. I am a Knicks fan I never at any point considered the Knicks great. They had Ewing who was very good but lacked the extra gear in the playoffs that greats had, the rest of the team was solid role players like Oakley and Mason. Starks was considered one of our best players and the dude was a glorified J.R smith

Pacers had Reggie Miller and Smits who was a pretty good player but no one particularly notable aside from that.

None of these teams were particularly great honestly. I don't think any of them were better than the Spurs teams Lebron faced in the Finals, definitely not better than any of the Warriors teams. Heck I would put Dirk's Mavs over most of them if not all. Probably not better than the OKC team with KD, Wb, Harden either.

I would always pick MJ and Kobe over Lebron.He is so good,the best basketball player in the world easily,but the big problem is he ain't a "killer" and that is what separates first two from him always.

Quote Originally Posted by Perun View Post
    I would always pick MJ and Kobe over Lebron.He is so good,the best basketball player in the world easily,but the big problem is he ain't a "killer" and that is what separates first two from him always.
    Lord perucho is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex D. Boss View Post
    Lord perucho is that you?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Perun View Post
    I can understand MJ but Kobe is a brick layer. He actually isn't good in clutch situations. I have watched him shoot so many ill advised shots and brick them. Thats MJ's big advantage over Kobe. He was more athletic but also actually the smarter player, he took better shots. Not a fadeaway 3 with two hands in his face that Kobe misses most of the time.

In clutch stats MJ>>>Kobe

@D; I'm with you in that Idon't believe in proclaiming yourself to be the GOAT is right. To me, "GOAT" is less a title and more a standard that you hold yourself to (and that you are in turn held to) - it's simply too hard to compare across eras for there to ever be a definitive GOAT in any sport. I feel like LeBron was catering to his fans with that, NBA players are basically brands themselves now after all. As for him being the GOAT, well I haven't watched Basketball long enough to have much of an opinion on MJ, but I don't see how LeBron can rank over a guy with twice as many rings and undefeated in the biggest stage, even with GSW in LeBron's era. I know rings aren't an individual accomplishment but it's still the major feat in my view.

Kobe is so overrated it's not even funny. Dude isn't even a top ten player of all time.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Kobe is so overrated it's not even funny. Dude isn't even a top ten player of all time.
    How isn't Kobe top 10 ? What are you smoking ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    I can understand MJ but Kobe is a brick layer. He actually isn't good in clutch situations. I have watched him shoot so many ill advised shots and brick them. Thats MJ's big advantage over Kobe. He was more athletic but also actually the smarter player, he took better shots. Not a fadeaway 3 with two hands in his face that Kobe misses most of the time.

In clutch stats MJ>>>Kobe
    Kobe fundamentally is better player than Lebron. Knew how to play basketball better, he was a better shooter, better defender, he could post better than Lebron did, post guys bigger than him just because of his footwork and he is probably the best pure scorer the league has seen.

People really underrate him now and that's because he had 3 attrocious years after a career ending injury in a body that was already a wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    How isn't Kobe top 10 ? What are you smoking ?

- - - Updated - - -

Kobe fundamentally is better player than Lebron. Knew how to play basketball better, he was a better shooter, better defender, he could post better than Lebron did, post guys bigger than him just because of his footwork and he is probably the best pure scorer the league has seen.

People really underrate him now and that's because he had 3 attrocious years after a career ending injury in a body that was already a wreck.
    Kobe is fundamentally better than Lebron? The dude was a glorified gunslinger. Look, I love Kobe, think he's highly intelligent, and I've enjoyed his stuff after his basketball career, but he's overrated. The guy isn't even a top three Laker. And if Bill Russell and the Celtics weren't around during Elgin Baylor's time, you could even argue that Kobe might not even be a top four Laker. So how can a guy that isn't even one of the three best players in his own franchise even be considered a top ten player?

The Commander From Hell

We The North

A lot of "Lakers fans" just end up being Kobe stans.
    I rank Magic, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt all over Kobe. So Kobe is barely a top 5 Laker.

Kobe is fundamentally better than Lebron? The dude was a glorified gunslinger. Look, I love Kobe, think he's highly intelligent, and I've enjoyed his stuff after his basketball career, but he's overrated. The guy isn't even a top three Laker. And if Bill Russell and the Celtics weren't around during Elgin Baylor's time, you could even argue that Kobe might not even be a top four Laker. So how can a guy that isn't even one of the three best players in his own franchise even be considered a top ten player?
    The dude was good at everything. As I said people only look at his horrible stats post achilles injury. Kobe could pass, he was the best offensive player, he was great at defense. There is a reason why he was the best in the 2000s.

So ? If Kobe had a better team in his prime instead of Smush, Kwame and Mihm he would get other rings too. Kobe is the GOAT Laker, whether some like it or not. I know the usual replies will come where there will be a post with him being carried by Shaq even though that's completely false, heck Kobe carried the team multiple times and he was 20-23 years old. Shaq only dominated in the finals where the eastern team was just piss poor and we all know what happened when Shaq fouled out with Indi and Kobe was playing the whole series with an injury.