Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    its a musou game, its supposed to be enjoyable and is more about "fan service" than anything else.

they are prolly incredibly fun as a game but they arent a king of fighters in terms of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, he and Vista are just strike support specials.
    Ah damn. I would've like to play as them.
    A+ Posts

Pacifista
    When Jinbei comes back to the Straw Hats with tears in his eyes because he was able to break off the deal with Big Mom and somehow evade her, just as he reaches out to Luffy saying "Luffy-kun! I pledge my allegiance to you ---" he's cut off as several holes open up in his torso. His eyes bulge wide as he looks down with blood starting to pour from his wounds and mouth. He falls to his knees as Luffy runs up to him but by the time he hits the ground, he's already dead.

The panels then focus behind Jinbei and surges forward. The panels zoom past several islands, some of which have buildings and even mountains with holes in them. The trajectory follows until we find Van Augur with a smirk on his face, lowering his gun. With the utmost pleasure, he says "Even if it costs you your life." An intro box says Captain of the Second Fleet of the Blackbeard Pirates, Van Augur the Supersonic. Bounty 590,000,000 Berries.

Coruscation
    Quote Originally Posted by Coruscation
    Down where I live in Louisiana, people keep a bottle of pepper sauce on the table, and use it to spice up just about everything. This one is delicious, and it won't overpower your food. Want something easy? Add a tablespoonful to a serving of jarred spaghetti sauce - you just made it 'Fra Diavalo.' Need more heat, add more red. Go on, Kick It Up a Notch! Spice up just about everything from eggs to gumbo, french fries, seafood - even tuna from a can. Add a few drops and Kick It Up A Notch! No Fat, No Calorie, No Carb.

Riki
    Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    I'll try to keep this spoiler friendly, but basically Kumagawa is an extremely original character in a genre that is oversaturated with the same character archetypes that are repeatedly used over and over, and his character is done very well so that in and of itself should put him on an above average level as a character. the only thing he has going for him is that he happens to be the single most negative person on the planet. he's a born loser because he has never won a single thing in his life (by "single thing" I don't mean a single fight, I mean he loses at literally everything he does, he's not smart, he's not good looking, he's not popular, he's weak, etc. etc.). his main goal is pretty unique among shonen villains, it can basically be boiled down to jealousy, which is actually a realistic and relatable motive (maybe not to the extreme that he's taken it, but yeah). he also tries to keep this side of him permanently hidden under a facade which can be best described as being very similar to the Joker's personality

he is a great villain because of how relatable his motive is, his methods are unconventional and unpredictable, both his powers and fighting style are pretty original (kind of important for a battle manga), and he is smart/strong enough as a villain to make his arc interesting and suspenseful (well as much suspense as possible for someone who is incapable of winning anything ever. at times the tension will become more like "how will Kumagawa even manage to lose this fight" rather than "how will the protagonists even manage to win this fight"). the entire "unable to win anything" dynamic is extremely unique for a villain who provides by far the biggest challenge for the protagonists (at that point in the story at least). his unpredictability isn't him doing random things for the sake of being random which would just ruin the story, they are extremely random from our (normal) points of view but from his twisted ways of thinking they make sense and work for the most part. his relatability and flaws aren't always present right from his introduction, he's initially presented as almost a Gary Tsu-type character except apparently he's really negative and somehow loses all the time, but we simultaneously get to watch how increasingly twisted but at the same time human of a character he is, and then he finally drops his facade fully and we learn his true motive.

Ultra
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    I like Koffing a lot because I feel he encompasses all the good traits of a non-animal pokemon. People like to complain about how pokemon nowadays are made out of stupid shit like Ice Cream cones and Gears, Koffing's concept is no more normal than this, but the implementation of Koffing's concept into a recognizable character and cool monster is what makes him one of my favorite pokemon.

He represents air pollution and the undesirable, mutated life that is feared can result from this pollution. But instead of wallowing in his seemingly unwanted existence, Koffing embraces life with a Jolly no-fucks-given attitude. He's happy to be alive and enjoys it by taking big risks. His survival depends on his ability to create and release highly toxic gases, and for no fucking reason he'll just explode instantaneously. He sports a skull and cross bones on his body. He can not only attack with all sorts of poisonous gases and substances, but use a wide array of fire type attacks as well.

Koffing is inheritely hardcore. Akainu can try all he wants to become a pirate killing machine, but Koffing is the fucking embodiment of destruction and thrives on all things dangerous to life. If Luffy were a pokemon, he'd be a fucking Koffing. You know who's going to kick Akainu's ass? Luffy.

/discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Cry77 View Post
    The game looks great but it looks way to easy and unchallenging
    Don't be complaining when I fodderize you online.

It has online?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    It has online?
    First game has Online multiplayer (Co-op) so i'm assuming they expanded the online this time around with the sequel.

Dont have a ps3

]

There's Cooperative play for this one too.

Thanks to redon from APforums.

Teach is going to be so hax, I can tell.
    A+ Posts

Pacifista
    When Jinbei comes back to the Straw Hats with tears in his eyes because he was able to break off the deal with Big Mom and somehow evade her, just as he reaches out to Luffy saying "Luffy-kun! I pledge my allegiance to you ---" he's cut off as several holes open up in his torso. His eyes bulge wide as he looks down with blood starting to pour from his wounds and mouth. He falls to his knees as Luffy runs up to him but by the time he hits the ground, he's already dead.

The panels then focus behind Jinbei and surges forward. The panels zoom past several islands, some of which have buildings and even mountains with holes in them. The trajectory follows until we find Van Augur with a smirk on his face, lowering his gun. With the utmost pleasure, he says "Even if it costs you your life." An intro box says Captain of the Second Fleet of the Blackbeard Pirates, Van Augur the Supersonic. Bounty 590,000,000 Berries.

Coruscation
    Down where I live in Louisiana, people keep a bottle of pepper sauce on the table, and use it to spice up just about everything. This one is delicious, and it won't overpower your food. Want something easy? Add a tablespoonful to a serving of jarred spaghetti sauce - you just made it 'Fra Diavalo.' Need more heat, add more red. Go on, Kick It Up a Notch! Spice up just about everything from eggs to gumbo, french fries, seafood - even tuna from a can. Add a few drops and Kick It Up A Notch! No Fat, No Calorie, No Carb.

Riki
    I'll try to keep this spoiler friendly, but basically Kumagawa is an extremely original character in a genre that is oversaturated with the same character archetypes that are repeatedly used over and over, and his character is done very well so that in and of itself should put him on an above average level as a character. the only thing he has going for him is that he happens to be the single most negative person on the planet. he's a born loser because he has never won a single thing in his life (by "single thing" I don't mean a single fight, I mean he loses at literally everything he does, he's not smart, he's not good looking, he's not popular, he's weak, etc. etc.). his main goal is pretty unique among shonen villains, it can basically be boiled down to jealousy, which is actually a realistic and relatable motive (maybe not to the extreme that he's taken it, but yeah). he also tries to keep this side of him permanently hidden under a facade which can be best described as being very similar to the Joker's personality

he is a great villain because of how relatable his motive is, his methods are unconventional and unpredictable, both his powers and fighting style are pretty original (kind of important for a battle manga), and he is smart/strong enough as a villain to make his arc interesting and suspenseful (well as much suspense as possible for someone who is incapable of winning anything ever. at times the tension will become more like "how will Kumagawa even manage to lose this fight" rather than "how will the protagonists even manage to win this fight"). the entire "unable to win anything" dynamic is extremely unique for a villain who provides by far the biggest challenge for the protagonists (at that point in the story at least). his unpredictability isn't him doing random things for the sake of being random which would just ruin the story, they are extremely random from our (normal) points of view but from his twisted ways of thinking they make sense and work for the most part. his relatability and flaws aren't always present right from his introduction, he's initially presented as almost a Gary Tsu-type character except apparently he's really negative and somehow loses all the time, but we simultaneously get to watch how increasingly twisted but at the same time human of a character he is, and then he finally drops his facade fully and we learn his true motive.

Ultra
    I like Koffing a lot because I feel he encompasses all the good traits of a non-animal pokemon. People like to complain about how pokemon nowadays are made out of stupid shit like Ice Cream cones and Gears, Koffing's concept is no more normal than this, but the implementation of Koffing's concept into a recognizable character and cool monster is what makes him one of my favorite pokemon.

He represents air pollution and the undesirable, mutated life that is feared can result from this pollution. But instead of wallowing in his seemingly unwanted existence, Koffing embraces life with a Jolly no-fucks-given attitude. He's happy to be alive and enjoys it by taking big risks. His survival depends on his ability to create and release highly toxic gases, and for no fucking reason he'll just explode instantaneously. He sports a skull and cross bones on his body. He can not only attack with all sorts of poisonous gases and substances, but use a wide array of fire type attacks as well.

Koffing is inheritely hardcore. Akainu can try all he wants to become a pirate killing machine, but Koffing is the fucking embodiment of destruction and thrives on all things dangerous to life. If Luffy were a pokemon, he'd be a fucking Koffing. You know who's going to kick Akainu's ass? Luffy.

/discussion

Yeah, he definitely looks like a powerhouse. With him in it looks like the leaked roster was correct. So guys, what do you think about the roster? We have the Time Skip Straw Hats, all the characters from the last game plus Crocodile, Law, Mihawk, Buggy, Kuma, Teach, Kuzan, Kizaru, Akainu, Garp, Smoker, Perona, Marco and Enel as playable characters.

It's an impressive line-up, you couldn't reasonably ask for more important characters.
    A+ Posts

Pacifista

Coruscation

Riki

Ultra

/discussion

Much better than the first go around.

Crocodile is looking very nice. I hope they have his two alt outfits too (Impel Down and Post Marineford) but I'm glad they got the color of his coat right in these games.

More characters are always good. I felt that it was too limited last time. I really hope they could add some sort of storyline to the side characters though. It would make playing with different characters through the same levels more enjoyable.

"He is the World's Manliest Swordsman!" - Mihawk

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    It's an impressive line-up, you couldn't reasonably ask for more important characters.
    I think it's reasonable to ask for Moria over Perona.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Legged Dragon View Post
    More characters are always good. I felt that it was too limited last time. I really hope they could add some sort of storyline to the side characters though. It would make playing with different characters through the same levels more enjoyable.
    Yeah. I didn't get the first one because of how limited the playable characters were (I mean, all of the playables were friends of the Straw Hats so that's kind of meh). The new log mode seems to have quite an interesting storyline so it should make very interesting use of the characters at least. And here's to hoping that there are more combos for many of the other characters that aren't Luffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I don't know why they couldn't of had both. Of course Moria should have been in before Perona but it wouldn't have been hard. I mean, he's already a boss. Poor Moria always gets the shaft. He's unplayable in both Gigant Battle games and now for the second Musou game in a row it's a no go. At least we know for sure that he'll be playable for the third one.

Make way for the World's Strongest Swordsman.

EDIT:

Hmm....not sure what happened to the pictures.....but here are some videos of Kuzan, Sakazuki and Borsalino. I must say Kuzan and Borsalino look like a heck of a lot of fun to play.

Last edited by Pacifista; 03-15-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Damn, thought he was playable.
    A+ Posts

Pacifista

Coruscation

Riki

Ultra

/discussion

No comment on the gameplay videos? I thought they were pretty good.

Kizaru looks like a beast.

I agree, and like I said before, Sakazuki is going to be a monster to play as.

I can see online users managing to spam Borsliano's attack though.
    A+ Posts

Pacifista

Coruscation

Riki

Ultra

/discussion

Kizaru looks like a beast.
    Yeah, I'm quite pleased with how he turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    I agree, and like I said before, Sakazuki is going to be a monster to play as.

I can see online users managing to spam Borsliano's attack though.
    Spammers gonna spam. Kuzan looks like a lot more fun to play as though.

I love Garp's wrestling moves and Franky's poses are grand.