Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Arrow

If you hadn't already guessed, this show is about Oliver Queen also known as the superhero Green Arrow from DC comics. I'm only on the first episode right now, but so far it seems pretty well done. However, I'm not too well versed in the comics so I can't say with certainty how accurate it is to the comics.

Does anyone else watch this show?

Asshats viewing my thread without posting.

Adviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Asshats viewing my thread without posting.
    You do the same damn thing.

Anyways, it looks somewhat interesting.

I just watched the first episode, and tbh it was fucking SICK.

Best superhero series I have ever seen, now to see if it can hold up.

I used to do archery myself so I could be biased...

might check this out

Alright, so I'm caught up the most recent episode which is episode 6. I'm really, really enjoying this series so far. I don't really mind that they aren't keeping close to the comics or whatever, but there is one thing I'm not liking though it's not a big deal...yet.

I dislike that his sister is apparently Speedy.

I've been watching this sort of on and off, and aside from one gripe I have with it, I'd have to say this is CW's best show already... normally I'd say Supernatural, but facing facts my mind is still kind of stuck in their glory days of seasons 2-5.

My one gripe with arrow? The obligatory melodrama. Most of it comes from Oliver's sister and the issues he has with her, but it's just so predictable and annoying. Of course I can look past it easily because otherwise this show kicks ass, but I can't help but feel embarrassment when those scenes come up.

I agree. The sappy stuff kinda gets a tiny bit annoying sometimes. The latest episode had more of it then I would have liked for sure. But overall still an excellent show. I can't wait for next week.

I'm thinking about picking this up. Seems like it could be cool. And I have to somewhat respect this guy's physique, he's cut but not model-ish.

From the episodes scheduled atm I heard
    Deathstroke, huntress, Deadshot and Vertigo
    are supposed to appear in this show.

Kinda hypes me up.

The recent episode was pretty good.

Another vigilante in the mix is awesome. And she's hot too. It was also a surprise to see who Tommy's dad is.

Have seen all the eps except the latest. I'm really digging this show.

The deadshot ep should've been a two-parter though, they didn't do him enough justice.

I agree. I was hoping he'd be a reoccurring character.

I'm not sure how much I'm digging the Huntress in the storyline. Mediocre adaption of a mediocre character I guess. I didn't hate the episode though. (7)

I hope they fucking ace Count Vertigo. If one character deserves a good adaption, it's him. He's an A-list villain that never got a time to shine. (Much like Black Manta until recently) Only 4 eps until his introduction, I'm pretty psyched. I wonder how they'll implement his powers, if at all.

Firefly and the Royal Flush gang are also going to be presented somewhere along the line.
    Last edited by Doc Q; 12-06-2012 at 08:46 PM.

my brother has been on my ass about watching this show

he loves the fuck out of it; says he watched 4 episodes in one sitting

Watched the first episode. Got about halfway through before I stopped caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal Excrement View Post
    my brother has been on my ass about watching this show

he loves the fuck out of it; says he watched 4 episodes in one sitting

It's not a bad show by any means, and it seems to attract a pretty broad audience. I'd give it a go.

This site with streams gets updated after every ep: http://streamallthis.com/watch/arrow/

Edit: After seeing ep 8 I've warmed up to 'Helena' a bit. Was a good ep.
    Last edited by Doc Q; 12-07-2012 at 10:12 AM.

It was a good episode. Oliver is changing for the better. Slowly becoming the Green Arrow we all know and love. I wonder when, if ever, people will start calling him that.

So far I'm enjoying the show. I especially like the dynamic between Oliver and Diggle. I don't like the actress playing Huntress though. Huntress is one of my favorite female comic book characters, and Jessica Gouw doesn't have half the sex appeal needed to play the character.

By the way, am I the only one that got a crush on the computer girl who works for Queen Consolidated [Emily Bett Richards]. I think she really has an awesome personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post

By the way, am I the only one that got a crush on the computer girl who works for Queen Consolidated [Emily Bett Richards]. I think she really has an awesome personality.
    She's amazingly hot. Personality and body.

I personally wouldn't have casted her for the role either, but she is seriously attractive.

The IT girl is one of the best actors of the show. That's sadly not much of a compliment though.