Replace Moubu with Gaimou (Bayou)

Bayou war, everything is the same. Only we replace Moubu + his personal unit with Gaimou, Junsou and the rest of that unit.

So we have the initial exchange;
    Gaimou/Junsou vs Rihaku over two days

Then if all goes well;
    Gaimou/Junsou vs Rihaku + Kousonryuu

If that is still ok, we have where Ouki has told Gaimou not to go past that certain point in the mountains if he breaks through.

How do thinks go?

Rihaku and Kousonryuu will get beaten just as badly. Gaimou doesn't have Moubu's leadership, but he somewhat compensate it with Junsou's tactics.

The last part depends on how much Gaimou would wan't to fight Houken. It's a bit tricky, because he actually listen to his strategist most of the time.

Qin wouldve won that non forest battle easy.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

honestly don't think the ragtag conscript army is something gai mou and jun sou could easily use. feel he'd definitely struggle against ri haku more than mou bu did. he'll definitely beat them eventually, but it'll surely take him quite a bit longer.

as for the other scenario though i'm pretty sure gai mou and his strategist don't take the bait, unlike mou bu.

トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

I'm #teamgaimou on this. He'd do fine if not better with the initial phase and he definitely isn't going after Houken because Junsou would tell him not to.

Gaimou solos.

They'll be able to win out on the plains though it won't be quite as overwhelming of an advantage as the hell Moubu gave them.

Gaimou and Junsou won't take the bait. Gaimou does like a good fight but he's also honest and seems to prefer his opponent to come to him to play on his terms rather force his way to them like Moubu or Duke Hyou, he trusts Junsou to make the right calls, and on the off chance that he did pursue he would back off once they got a whiff of the traps in store for them.

I think a better question is, what would Houken do when Gaimou turns the bait back on him and delivers a call-out asking him to come over and face him like a man?

Quote Originally Posted by GloriousWarlord View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm #teamgaimou on this. He'd do fine if not better with the initial phase and he definitely isn't going after Houken because Junsou would tell him not to.
    How exactly does he do better than Moubu against Rihaku? That's like asking someone to do better than Ouki against Shoumou, it's hard to improve on what was essentially a stomp, and once Moubu got going he was steamrolling everything they threw his way.

They are going to have a harder time amping up the peasants and they can't just overrun the full army and they can't replicate his stunt on the encirclement if Gaimou were to try to power through. Between his brawn and Junsou's brain they would still have it but unleashing Moubu on them was like dropping a nuke on their army and I don't see them quite matching that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I think a better question is, what would Houken do when Gaimou turns the bait back on him and delivers a call-out asking him to come over and face him like a man?

Interesting thought. I think at that point Houken was so overwhelmed with Ouki-obsession that anyone else was completely irrelevant to him. He wasn't confused/baffled/obsessed with Great General-qualities untilthe Ouki rematch either, so I think he ignores Gaimou's challenge.

If he heard it today, things would be different.

Qin possibly would have won that war.

With Junshou there GaiMou wouldn't do something reckless as he clearly listens to him. Qin army wouldn't go as deep in the forest, wouldn't have lost so many soldiers and would actually have a chance to fought off Reebok army that arrived later.

Gaimou and Junsou > Bayou Moubu.

Gaimou and Junsou won't be snacking on Rihaku and Kousonryuu as easily as Moubu because of the peasant conscripts.

However they should still win.

The forest should also be much safer as i doubt Gaimou would even try to chase after Houken if Houken run away

Does worse against rihaku due to lesser leadership but junsou will prevent the bait imo

Given Ouki respects Gaimou about as much as he did Bayou Moubu its possible they will run into the same cooperation issues which Zhao can exploit.

though Gaimou will probably listen to Junsou when he tells him not to run into the rock trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    Given Ouki respects Gaimou about as much as he did Bayou Moubu its possible they will run into the same cooperation issues which Zhao can exploit.

though Gaimou will probably listen to Junsou when he tells him not to run into the rock trap.
    Ouki did respect Moubu though, he recognized his strength and put him in charge of his entire army, the problem was on Moubu's end stemming from a long history of his family being held in the 6GGs shadow and having his big moment stolen by him just before the war.

Ouki would probably have less respect for Gaimou since he disagrees with his outlook on warfare and wouldn't see the same untapped potential within him, but he'd still recognize his worth as a valuable piece for this war and respect Junsou's ability to keep the army grounded. Gaimou is just too lax and carefree to be holding any kind of chip on his shoulder either and would just go with the flow of whatever's asked of him.