Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meraxes was killed with an arrow bolt shot from a scorpion. But there have been a few dragonslayers in history.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dragonslayer

Killing a dragon with a scorpion or as part of a mob that storms the place where they're kept chained is totally the same as single handedly shooting one out of the sky is it?

Hobb the Hewer is better than Arthur Dayne, according to you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post

Killing a dragon with a scorpion or as part of a mob that storms the place where they're kept chained is totally the same as single handedly shooting one out of the sky is it?

Hobb the Hewer is better than Arthur Dayne, according to you, right?
    "In 10 AC at Hellholt, an iron bolt from a scorpion went through Meraxes's eye, and the dragon and Rhaenys fell from the sky."

The Commander From Hell

We The North

"In 10 AC at Hellholt, an iron bolt from a scorpion went through Meraxes's eye, and the dragon and Rhaenys fell from the sky."
    Can you read? Did you even read my post? If you want to keep debating dishonestly in a thread that is about individual fighting ability, please, by all means, do so. It's funny how you keep trying to get a rise out of me after I whooped your ass with real arguments

You haven't answered my question either, Hobb the Hewer is better than Arthur Dayne, right bro?
    Last edited by Pirao; 03-14-2019 at 06:18 PM.

So how many magical menaces that can shoot dragons out of the sky did he beat?
    How many did he fight?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesKurde View Post
    How many did he fight?
    You don't get accolades based on things that didn't happen, buddy.

On the other hand, considering he lost to seven dudes even when he had 2 other Kingsguard with him, it's pretty lucky for humanity he wasn't the one who had to defeat the NK, or they would be fucked.

You said that the Night King is so awesome because he took down a dragon. So I replied that others in history have also taken down dragons. The Night King taking down a dragon shouldn't be the end all and be all feat that defines him.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, Sam killed a White Walker, but that doesn't mean his fighting skills are legendary or top tier. Jon taking down the NK (if that's how it should happen) shouldn't catapult him ahead of some of the legendary fighters.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

You said that the Night King is so awesome because he took down a dragon. So I replied that others in history have also taken down dragons. The Night King taking down a dragon shouldn't be the end all and be all feat that defines him.
    He's awesome because he took down a dragon single handedly, maybe you need a dictionary to look up what that means? He's the strongest being that we've seen in Westeros so far, so defeating him in battle is the best combat feat anyone can get.

Oh, all of that was a response to the others who read this thread, since I know you're gonna keep trolling anyway, so please, carry on with your drivel. Hobb the Hewer is better than Arthur Dayne too, right bro?

He's awesome because he took down a dragon single handedly, maybe you need a dictionary to look up what that means? He's the strongest being that we've seen in Westeros so far, so defeating him in battle is the best combat feat anyone can get.

Oh, all of that was a response to the others who read this thread, since I know you're gonna keep trolling anyway, so please, carry on with your drivel. Hobb the Hewer is better than Arthur Dayne too, right bro?
    By your logic than, since Jon beating the NK makes him the strongest, will Sam killing a WW mean he's stronger than those who don't kill a WW?

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Jon Snow got his ass kicked in a duel against Mance Rayder, he's an average warrior at best.

By your logic than, since Jon beating the NK makes him the strongest, will Sam killing a WW mean he's stronger than those who don't kill a WW?
    Sam didn't beat a WW in combat, he backstabbed it when it wasn't even paying attention to him. Just like Howland Reed isn't a better warrior than Arthur Dayne, he backstabbed him while he was occupied with Ned.

Are you even making an effort with these examples?

Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    Jon Snow got his ass kicked in a duel against Mance Rayder, he's an average warrior at best.
    Yeah, because it is known that people can't improve their combat abilities and always stay at the same level

Yeah, because it is known that people can't improve their combat abilities and always stay at the same level
    The burden of proof is on you. You're the one making claims in here, not me.

Do you have any proof that Jon Snow will go from a mediocre swordsman to the "best warrior ever" like you claimed?

Do you have any proof that Jon Snow will go from a mediocre swordsman to the "best warrior ever" like you claimed?
    Another one who can't read, I see

He clearly thinks this is a manga and that Jon Snow is just going to power up like crazy to be the best ever.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

He clearly thinks this is a manga and that Jon Snow is just going to power up like crazy to be the best ever.
    Says the guy who has been unable to adress even one of my arguments so far

Pray tell, how would killing the NK not make Jon the best? Arthur Dayne couldn't even kill 7 regular dudes in a 3 vs 7 fight, but somehow he'll be better than the guy who kills the monster that can one shot dragons because...?

Another one who can't read, I see
    I see you have nothing to support your claims with, concession accepted.

- - - Updated - - -

Pirao has made it clear he had zero working knowledge of ASOIAF for years.

Name one asoiaf character who went from an average swordsman to an amazing swordsman.

Tbf the current show has some pretty shitty writing and I have no reason to believe they wouldn't throw consistency out the window and have Jon beat or do whatever they damn well feel like

I see you have nothing to support your claims with, concession accepted.

- - - Updated - - -

Pirao has made it clear he had zero working knowledge of ASOIAF for years.
    Cute, another one who thinks he can get a rise out of me

I have dealt with much better trolls than you two, keep trying though, you make me laugh when you make fools out of yourselves.

Name one asoiaf character who went from an average swordsman to an amazing swordsman.
    Everyone, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Tbf the current show has some pretty shitty writing and I have no reason to believe they wouldn't throw consistency out the window and have Jon beat or do whatever they damn well feel like
    What do you mean? Jon vs NK has pretty much been foreshadowed since Hardhome.
    Last edited by Pirao; 03-16-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Everyone, obviously.
    So you can't even think of a single character that was introduced as a mediocre swordsman that somehow became a legendary swordsman? Not even one character in the countless ASOIAF characters? Pathetic.

Imagine having zero evidence to support your claims, you're a joke.

So you can't even think of a single character that was introduced as a mediocre swordsman that somehow became a legendary swordsman? Not even one character in the countless ASOIAF characters? Pathetic.

Imagine having zero evidence to support your claims, you're a joke.
    Oh, so you're arguing that Arthur Dayne was born already a great swordsman? Well, I knew you lacked common sense but this is just pathetic.

Jon Snow > NK >>> Dragons >>>>>> Everyone else

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast