Thread: 100 Benchmark

100 Benchmark

the 100 benchmark is probably one of hara's most consistent tropes.

several characters are hyped through having achieved something a hundred times, or more. for example, kai shi bou winning over a hundred battles even when operating by himself, kan mei capturing roughly 100 cities, gai mou claiming the heads of over a hundred generals, etc. etc.

believe ou ki even said that mou bu should first experience 100 battles or so before even bringing up qin's six generals.

battles in the story nowadays seem so frequent that it's hard to imagine "one hundred" being such an unattainable figure, but the manga seems to paint it as the pinnacle of experience when it's brought up to hype someone.

so question is, on average, how long do you think it takes a commander to accumulate this kind of record? other than tou do you think there's any qin commander that already has this amount of experience in anything? do these figures only count the accomplishments after one has become a general?

do you think this is a reasonable benchmark? what are your thoughts on this "100" theme

トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

honestly, it's the presumed scale that bothers me. are we to believe the Qin 6 each engaged in 100 large scale battles?

my personal wish tho, is to see Ten or Heki in a situation where it's so dire, they have 100 sweatdrops on their face at any one given time

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so question is, on average, how long do you think it takes a commander to accumulate this kind of record?
    30 years should be enough.

other than tou do you think there's any qin commander that already has this amount of experience in anything?
    OuSen, Kanki and Yotanwa.

do these figures only count the accomplishments after one has become a general?
    No. From their very first promotion as 100 man commander that these accomplishment starts to count IMO.

do you think this is a reasonable benchmark? what are your thoughts on this "100" theme
    IMO Kyo fighting and conquering cities under Ouki is included in her 100 wars achievement. Same for others I guess.

It's exgateretted. It should have been 50 instead of 100. But 100 sounds a lot better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Li Xin View Post
    30 years should be enough.

did you mean 3 years?

トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

did you mean 3 years?
    Experience of 100 battles in 3 years?

Look at Shin who became a 100 man commander roughly 8 years ago. I doubt that he even participated in 20 wars/campaigns.

more like 100 skirmish in 3 years

I mean what gnx said was in jest but Shin did fight several different battles with his unit on the sanyou region that required everything a real battle would. HQ, strategy, squads on different section of the battlefield, and an objective.

So I'd count them

Plus we will never see 90 more of these big campaigns

Experience of 100 battles in 3 years?

Look at Shin who became a 100 man commander roughly 8 years ago. I doubt that he even participated in 20 wars/campaigns.
    what do you think they've been doing while constantly on the front lines

either way 30 years seems like a huge overstatement. kan ki, and go hou mei are barely 30 years of age; let alone them having 30 years of experience on the battlefield. not even sure that kyou was 30 years old yet when she passed.

ou ki also said that someone should first experience 100 battles before speaking about the qin six generals, and i'm pretty sure it was your belief that the new gen would become qin 6 themselves in 6 years or so.

so what makes you think it'll take them 30 years to gain the experience ou ki thought was necessary for a position you believe they'll get in roughly 6 years? i mean, the entirety of china is expected to be conquered in half that time. if all of china will take 15 years it seems reasonable to me that one general should/could experience 100 battles in a fraction of that time. especially since no one in history has come close to unifying china yet.

トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

what do you think they've been doing while constantly on the front lines

Aside from post Sanyou war and post coalition war HSU didn't have any major battle. Counting those would make it what? 30 wars? At best 35 ?

I am not going to count small skirmish HSU had. Anything less than fighting same or superior number in between major wars aren't worth mentioning.

either way 30 years seems like a huge overstatement. kan ki, and go hou mei are barely 30 years of age; let alone them having 30 years of experience on the battlefield. not even sure that kyou was 30 years old yet when she passed.
    You have no proof that they are barely 30 years of age.

ou ki also said that someone should first experience 100 battles before speaking about the qin six generals, and i'm pretty sure it was your belief that the new gen would become qin 6 themselves in 6 years or so.

so what makes you think it'll take them 30 years to gain the experience ou ki thought was necessary for a position you believe they'll get in roughly 6 years? i mean, the entirety of china is expected to be conquered in half that time. if all of china will take 15 years it seems reasonable to me that one general should/could experience 100 battles in a fraction of that time. especially since no one in history has come close to unifying china yet.
    As I said in my first post that OuKI exgaretted.

With that said, yes I think Shin will become a GG in 6 years. Now if you ask me that does it mean OuKi was lying or how do you think in 6 years Shin is going to accumulate the experience that imo should take 22 more years. Even if Shin fights two wars every year even that will be barely experience of 50 battle. Nowhere close to 100.

I can't answer that.
    Last edited by Li Xin; 03-11-2019 at 03:19 PM.

I am not going to count small skirmish HSU had. Anything less than fighting same or superior number in between major wars aren't worth mentioning.
    i don't believe there's ever been a case where they've outnumbered their enemy.

You have no proof that they are barely 30 years of age.
    all you had to do was ask.

go kei's former state fell 30 years before the story started when he was a kid. even wildly assuming that go hou mei was born the same year go kei's former state was destroyed it'd only make him 39 years old today. and we know that's far from the case because, well, go kei was still a child himself when that happened. go hou mei had to be born years after that which would make him barely 30(if even that), and kan ki was said to be of the same generation as him so they have to be close in age.

トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

all you had to do was ask.

go kei's former state fell 30 years before the story started when he was a kid. even wildly assuming that go hou mei was born the same year go kei's former state was destroyed it'd only make him 39 years old today. and we know that's far from the case because, well, go kei was still a child himself when that happened. go hou mei had to be born years after that which would make him barely 30(if even that), and kan ki was said to be of the same generation as him so they have to be close in age.
    Good points.

In this case all I will say is that Hara fucked up the timeline. Cause I don't see GHM being involved in 100 wars. If he was then he would be a big name. This guy wasn't even present during Dakkan plains and Sanyou campaign, two biggest war involving Wei since BoS. GHM was possibly appointed as GG because they had no one else.

If Kanki is now 30 years old then he was 22 when OuKi died? And even before that he was appointed as Vice General of MouGou? How the fuck does that even make sense?

Shin has been fighting wars for 8 years since he was 15 years old and even he isn't close to being general let alone vice general of a great general. He clearly isn't 30 years old.