Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this is why i don't like facing brute armies
    I was actually lacking thinkers, which is why I had to shove Kanki into the middle. Also, in case you didn't notice, I never go for uniform armies like that, but I wasn't ready to experiment with some wild detachments because I was sure it would bust me. Probably would, both for this strat of yours and another one I though you'd go for.

I'll make sure to give this a proper look over and vote later.

On first look Juan does have a pretty interesting strategy, but Zentos does have some very formidable wings so that's going to be hard to collapse from any angle. It's not something I picked up on when I randomized the teams but Zentos does have some really great chemistry across the board, Rinbunkun/Hakurei, Gaimou/Junsou, and Kanou/Rinbou all pair together naturally and make formidable teams.

The main question on Zentos side is Kanki. With strategists in general can be hard to predict, but Kanki especially is quite difficult to know what sort of plays he might come up with and putting him in free reign to do whatever he feels is best really just opens the door to a lot of possibilities. Kanki trying to run a uniform army with solid communication line puts him more in the shoes of a traditional general which isn't really his element.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Kanki trying to run a uniform army with solid communication line puts him more in the shoes of a traditional general which isn't really his element.
    It may not be his element or go-to, but he's still not inept at it, on the contrary. The communication line especially is just a formality, something every army has, including his armies, as we've seen him communicate the order to retreat from the central hill while getting a shoulder massage from Ogiko.

Anyway, the main goal was to make sure Rinbukun doesn't get made into a monkey by Riboku, as that was the expected center figure. Initially I wasn't gonna place him there, but even if Junsou and Gyou'un could cover for the strategy in the flanks, Rinbukun on his own just wasn't someone who I would entrust to outwit Riboku, Genbou or Ryuutou. Well, not outwit, but someone who won't get played hard by them.

At the same time, I didn't want to tie him down in the same army as Rinbukun, because that too could prove to be troublesome and inconvenient, especially for "the hardest to use", Kanki. That's why he has an army of his own, not a too small army either, so that he can separate himself from Rinbukun's back if need be.

Writing something like "try to disguise yourself as a scout and kill a strategist" would really be dishonest here, so that was out of the question from the get-go.
    Last edited by Zentos; 02-13-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    i don't think you understoond the plan that much

it goes this way in my mind:

zentos' wings attack -> riboku sends ksb and goba to break through them -> after bypassing them, the charges hit kanki in full.

after that, the untouched riboku army and ryuutou take on the rinbukun army.

so it's:

40k kyouen vs 40k gaimou with an incoming 15k to cause renpa level damage

40k genbou vs 50k gyouun with an incoming 15k in goba.

kanki stays in the back and eventually gets hit by ksb and (possibly) goba, with riboku + ryuutou's around 40k~ enveloping the rinbukun army.

the cannae isn't necessary to win the battle, imo.
    No wonder we're not on the same wavelength, you think your wings can win while i think they cant

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Juan's strategy, which, if i get it right trying to hit Kanki's main army while the wings are fighting each other seems interesting.

though, honestly it's hard to vote for him just because Zentos' wing is too strong martially. Kyouen has no real answer to Gaimou and Gyou'un vs Genpou should be quite even, though with Kanou and Rinbou it's just gonna ended up in Gyou'un hands too.

Interesting note is Kanki most likely won't be doing any fancy moves after the clash starts while Riboku is more of a dependable CIC with the field and plan here.
    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-15-2019 at 08:22 AM.

I guess it's time to drop a vote.

again, Juan has a solid plan but Zentos' army is just too good and cautious to make it work. Rinbukun will force Ryuutou to fold, but the former has a clause to watch out for traps meant to lure him in and he has to report to Kanki. don't see him falling for the first part of Juan's plan.

the left side sees Junsou/Gaimou versus Kyouen/Kouyoku. I favor the former until Reebok sends in Kaishibou where he can do some real damage with his charge and reinforcements. that swings it into Juan's favor but they won't get off so easily as they have no one who can put down Gaimou even if all 3 attacked him and Junsou isn't that far behind Kyouen. I'd say Juan's army here if they can win won't be in any shape to help with Juan's masterplan.

on the other hand, the right wing sees Gyouun with Kanou and Rinbou against Genbou all by his lonesome until Goba arrives. I favor Gyouun a lot here since eventually he'll get the best of Genbou and Goba won't be much help. although he's told to avoid duels, Goba can't run forever and eventually he'll fall. Zentos' army should win out and survive with enough in the tank to help out afterwards.

[Zentos]

most of his engagements favor him and have his armies survive in relatively good enough shape for the endgame while Juan's odds are too stacked against him

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Juan's strategy, which, if i get it right trying to hit Kanki's main army while the wings are fighting each other seems interesting.

though, honestly it's hard to vote for him just because Zentos' wing is too strong martially. Kyou'un has no real answer to Gaimou and Gyou'un vs Genpou should be quite even, though with Kanou and Rinbou it's just gonna ended up in Gyou'un hands too.

Interesting note is Kanki most likely won't be doing any fancy moves after the clash starts while Riboku is more of a dependable CIC with the field and plan here.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    that typo