Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Numinous One View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assumed timeframes for KE has literally never flown lol
    Using maximums for what's shown isn't assumed.

Also

What about

The sweat drop on Erza's cheek?

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    Using maximums for what's shown isn't assumed.

Also

What about

The sweat drop on Erza's cheek?

Sweat can just bead without running

And yes. It is.

assume
    /əˈsjuːm/Submit
    Learn to pronounce
    verb
    suppose to be the case, without proof.

Got no proof? Then it's an assumption.

Sweat can just bead without running

And yes. It is.

assume
    /əˈsjuːm/Submit
    Learn to pronounce
    verb
    suppose to be the case, without proof.

Got no proof? Then it's an assumption.
    But the fish still being active after out of water is proof of a short time frame.

The fish being on the ground in the time frame period is proof of it.

And clearly given the panels the sweat is running down their faces. It's even showing to be running. Look at the shape.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

But the fish still being active after out of water is proof of a short time frame.

The fish being on the ground in the time frame period is proof of it.

And clearly given the panels the sweat is running down their faces. It's even showing to be running. Look at the shape.
    It's proof that it happened within a few minutes because that's the average for most fish removed from water without heaps of stress.
    You can't get an exact timeframe.
    This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

Is the sweat running slowly? Quickly? Is it not moving at all or is it a new bead of sweat and the old one has run off?

Variables. Assumptions.
    There's too much shit to assume for it to fly.

It's proof that it happened within a few minutes because that's the average for most fish removed from water without heaps of stress.
    You can't get an exact timeframe.
    This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

Is the sweat running slowly? Quickly? Is it not moving at all or is it a new bead of sweat and the old one has run off?

Variables. Assumptions.
    There's too much shit to assume for it to fly.

Average is 30s. I already provided a link to such.

Maximum time frames from the given panels is allowed.

Clearly the sweat is running fast. Look at their faces.

It's also on the same cheek on Erza's face on both pages.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Assumed timeframes for KE has literally never flown lol

- - - Updated - - -

He's just got the thirst and can't wait however many months for the Earth God Dragon to appear, or whatever it is that splits the Earth open like Elfserria mentioned. That'd probably be the one with the biggest potential.
    Feel like most people would be fine with a cursory 4.9 teraton calc when the info we have probably doesn't even warrant it being that high

At least with respect to Fairy Tail
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    Feel like most people would be fine with a cursory 4.9 teraton calc when the info we have probably doesn't even warrant it being that high

>Not even close to Etherion, something fodder to Merc

Lel.

>Using PE to use the least effort method because they don't want to

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Average is 30s. I already provided a link to such.

Maximum time frames from the given panels is allowed.

Clearly the sweat is running fast. Look at their faces.

It's also on the same cheek on Erza's face on both pages.
    No. It's been explained to you multiple times that the 30second is only referring to fish being removed from water in a highly stressful manner, which lowers their life expectancy.
    This fish merely had the water removed from under it, it wasn't fighting for its life with a hook embedded in it.
    The two cases are not remotely similiar.

I'm done with this topic. I'd almost forgotten you're the personification of a fucking brick wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbf a more accurate calc would only factor in what they could see from their location, ie, the distance to the horizon with a 180° viewpoint. That would eliminate the assumption that the sea beyond their perspective was also lifted, that was more just throwing Rax a bone tbh.

Regardless I'm still standing by what I said when the raws came out, wait for further clarification. The next chapter could make or break the feat.

As far as timeframes go the fish actually falling after the water is pulled out from under it would be a good one, since gravity is a constant, you'd just need to find a depth for near the wharf.
    Last edited by Numinous One; 02-10-2019 at 06:03 AM.

No. It's been explained to you multiple times that the 30second is only referring to fish being removed from water in a highly stressful manner, which lowers their life expectancy.
    This fish merely had the water removed from under it, it wasn't fighting for its life with a hook embedded in it.
    The two cases are not remotely similiar.

I'm done with this topic. I'd almost forgotten you're the personification of a fucking brick wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbf a more accurate calc would only factor in what they could see from their location, ie, the distance to the horizon with a 180° viewpoint. That would eliminate the assumption that the sea beyond their perspective was also lifted, that was more just throwing Rax a bone tbh.

Regardless I'm still standing by what I said when the raws came out, wait for further clarification. The next chapter could make or break the feat.

As far as timeframes go the fish actually falling after the water is pulled out from under it would be a good one, since gravity is a constant, you'd just need to find a depth for near the wharf.
    Then why can't we use free fall from the height of the water?

Statements and panels are valid unless FT. CLassic TMF.

Glad the UBD is basically dead

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

It is an assumption because you can't prove it happened in exactly that amount of time. That's what an assumption is.

Again. Did it happen in 3seconds? 5 seconds? 10 seconds? 30 seconds?

If you can't answer it exactly then you are by definition assuming the timeframe.
    Its honestly not an assumption. From the moment Merc came out of the water it all rose up with him in like 3-10s. Including all the water that was away from his vicinity. The only assuming I see is You making the assumption that it took him way longer or the water away him rose up slower when that's not the case. Give something that's says it toke long. You cant just slap a long time frame to something like this after it's clear it was instant.

Also right after and as he was doing lucy and the other reactions were immediate. So that also tells that he did it in like 3-10s. Cause they were not sitting for minutes to react.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok777 View Post
    Its honestly not an assumption. From the moment Merc came out of the water it all rose up with him in like 3-10s. Including all the water that was away from his vicinity. The only assuming I see is You making the assumption that it took him way longer or the water away him rose up slower when that's not the case. Give something that's says it toke long. You cant just slap a long time frame to something like this after it's clear it was instant.

Also right after and as he was doing lucy and the other reactions were immediate. So that also tells that he did it in like 3-10s. Cause they were not sitting for minutes to react.
    What's your opinion on using free fall for the fish from the water surface to the sea bed?

Seems really fair and believable...

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Then why can't we use free fall from the height of the water?

Statements and panels are valid unless FT. CLassic TMF.

Glad the UBD is basically dead
    I never said we couldn't. You've been arguing about fucking fish vitality, smoke dissipation and fucking perspiration for timeframes.

I've already started looking into depth tbh, though all of this could be subject to change with the next chapter.
    Gonna be fairly rough, but likely the most accurate it's ever gonna get unless they directly state something next chapter.

Merc is roughly 46.5m long from tip of horn to end of tail fin, likely a few meters longer in actuality since he's a pain in the ass to scale.

Natsu is 175cm, back edge of horn is about 295cm.

Full body shot there.

He's at the edge of the wharf and is able to dive straight down into the water, so depth would have a reasonable assumption of about 50m since that's about his body length, could be deeper, could be shallower and he could once under water.
    Depth is the only assumption I'm gonna make, with three possible timeframes providing high, mid and low ends based on fall height.
    A 25m fall is the general fatal fall height for most organisms not designed to land from height so that will be high end. Water depth will be mid and the sea in the sky height because why not, maybe the fish got taken for a ride. The high end is the most plausible since the fish didn't die on impact, but whatever.

So the water is just above Mercs head as seen here

Which puts it roughly 43m above the ground, plus 50m depth so a 93m fall for that poor fish, also need that number for the height the water is being lifted to. Two birds.

So time frames.
    25m = 2.26s
    50m = 3.19s
    93m = 4.36s

Now for the sea lifting.
    So the most they would be able to see, and thereby comment on, is to the horizon and it's noted that what they do see is a completely dry seabed with the sea having been relocated above their heads
    Anyway, just gonna treat it as a semicircle with DtH as radius since the most they can view is 180°.

Factoring in their newfound elevation of 50m above sea level the DtH is 67km, would be further in reality because the sea floor would be inclining downwards thus increasing distance to visible horizon but fucked if I know how to factor that in.
    Anyway, volume will be found through that of a quarter ellipsoid with 67km as length and width and 3.5km depth, as that's the average ocean depth gives us a mass of 32906000000000000kg for the sea water.

So results being.

KE High - 6.65GT
    KE Mid - 3.34GT
    KE Low - 1.8GT

Bearing in mind again that the high end is most plausible since the fish didn't die on impact with the rocks.

Gonna do a quick hypothetical on the entire sea, at this point it's not provable so it's not useable. Just doing it because why the fuck not.

High - 4.4TT
    Mid - 2.2TT
    Low - 1.1TT

So just barely island for lifting the visible sea and small country for hypothetically lifting the entire sea and could all be rendered null if the next chapter shows he lifted less than the visible horizon of sea.

Anyway I'm done with this.
    Last edited by Numinous One; 02-10-2019 at 08:07 AM.

>DtH

We already went over the sea/bay being it. They specifically said and showed sea in the Kanji. Also I already scaled the depth using Merc's temple.

89m

No idea on where you're even getting the volume.

Gonna post my panels and volume in a few hours. Glad we could at least come to the conclusion of free fall for a time frame.

Also Natsu is around 180-181 cm now. He got a lot taller in Part 3

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

>DtH

We already went over the sea/bay being it. They specifically said and showed sea in the Kanji. Also I already scaled the depth using Merc's temple.

89m

No idea on where you're even getting the volume.

Gonna post my panels and volume in a few hours. Glad we could at least come to the conclusion of free fall for a time frame.

Also Natsu is around 180-181 cm now. He got a lot taller in Part 3
    It's an assumption that he lifted the entire sea given that the FT crew can only see to the horizon, meaning they have zero clue whether or not he did anything that far. He could've, but it can't be proven at this stage.

You're welcome to use a larger depth and longer timeframe if you want.

Volume is self explanatory lol

Loved the progression of this from moon level to island level
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Loved the progression of this from moon level to island level
    Wait, when did the calc become Moon Level
    Fear me, for I am Meng Hao

[/spoiler]https://i.imgur.com/MW5gyad.gif[/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by Meng Hao View Post
    Wait, when did the calc become Moon Level
    Rax assumed he lifted the entire ocean between the three continents at the start

Rax assumed he lifted the entire ocean between the three continents at the start

Thanks Numinous
    Fear me, for I am Meng Hao

[/spoiler]https://i.imgur.com/MW5gyad.gif[/spoiler]

What's your opinion on using free fall for the fish from the water surface to the sea bed?

Seems really fair and believable...
    Yea free fall is reasonable. Was gonna bring up level and depths but you guys have that covered.

It's an assumption that he lifted the entire sea given that the FT crew can only see to the horizon, meaning they have zero clue whether or not he did anything that far. He could've, but it can't be proven at this stage.

You're welcome to use a larger depth and longer timeframe if you want.

Volume is self explanatory lol
    iirc. dimaria could see around at least 400km away. shouldn't be a stretch that team natsu is capable of the same.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l