Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 90
  1. #61
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,663
    A lot of that doesn't make sense, especially after the current arc where we've learned a lot about how warfare is conducted.

    They're mostly aware what numbers they're facing, but even if that wasn't the case by default, I made sure Rinko would deal with that. So how does the timeline work for you? Rinko rushes with a small detachment, sees SHK, runs back to Genpou, but somehow Genpou gets caught off guard? When Kisui switched his army's direction at the drop of a pin when Makou engaged? Genpou will not only be notified in advance by Rinko, he's also a whole lot better than Kisui, so I've got no idea how that timeline works in your head.

    As for Gokei dilly-dallying, he's a proper top tier. Ousen is sending men to the right and left despite the fact that Riboku already has a numerical advantage in the middle, but somehow Gokei will keep 40k extra men on him against an enemy that is closed off within fortifications? How are they supposed to pounce onto him when they're behind fortifications? And is that threat supposed to paralyze one of the top 5 strategists in the verse? Even better, knowing that his center with 60/70k is facing 70/110k he will do nothing because there's 40k hidden behind barricades? That literally does not exist, in verse or fanfic.

    Finally, you are aware that the forest is further away from the center battlefield than the rough plains, right? In case you need a reminder.


    Without even going into what you think Rinko does, the things you say don't make sense within themselves, as the timeline and physical distance is contradictory to reality. Even without Rinko, SHK needs to secure the forest, a big forest at that, so there is absolutely no basis what so ever to claim that Rinko would not be able to notify Genpou in time. Not even that, Genpou and Akou both are told, in advance, to watch for forest flanks, meaning they would have some form of measure ready to brace for it. Saying they won't is going against my clauses which instruct them against flank attacks, once again going directly against the game rules.

    As for Rinko and dragging SHK away, if he sees SHK running after him instead of attacking my center army, being the seasoned veteran he is, he would know all too well how beneficial that was to me, so the assumption that he would throw such a chance away "just because" is rather generous.

    Massive armies outrunning small detachments, top tier strategists being paralyzed against enemies that aren't attacking, nonexistent defense strategies that have caused trouble to no end in-verse, and finally disregarding clauses. A whole lot of nonsense that is neither physically possible nor realistic, nor per the rules, but you do you.

    - - - Updated - - -
    @Void; @Juan; @gn_x00;
    Any of you voting or is this closed?

  2. #62
    I'm working 18 hours a day atm. So doesn't have much time

    And personally i don't think it's a good etiquette to just drop a vote without participating in the discussion. So sorry

  3. #63
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,663
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm working 18 hours a day atm. So doesn't have much time

    And personally i don't think it's a good etiquette to just drop a vote without participating in the discussion. So sorry
    Should've checked if we had any voters before we played.

    I expect the other match to be the same, and if I'm not mistaken my last 3 matches were 1 vote as well. Eh, kinda pointless to be honest.

  4. #64
    March to the Endgame Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    57,546
    I will drop a vote tonight when I get home



    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  5. #65
    As Zentos said there are some risks to being too concrete in your gameplan, I think trying to be too loose and fluid has its drawbacks as well.

    It feels like Zentos is building all of his arguments on saying things will happen that are never clearly defined in his strategy and that all of these big moves of just end up working out completely in his favor. When one part of his strategy gets challenged he argues a massive shift in his overall game-plan to help potentially salvage that situation.

    In Gokei army's case the general strategy and clauses make it clear that he's leading Choutou and Ouhon as vassals in his army. The strategy does say they can send reinforcements between their two battlefields, but as far as Kingdom goes that's easily interpreted as just numbers, it says nothing about swapping commanders freely too and from. The closest thing to that is Gokei being told he can be flexible with the destination of his armies but that seems like a sort of lazy fuck you failsafe to overwrite his strategy at a moments notice if things go bad because it's a pretty liberal interpretation to translate that as "Gokei dumps half of his army and both vassals for massive flank on the center" when he never hinted at such a maneuver, and it's especially bizarre that he feels Gokei would go and do this on a whim since he's adamant that his center isn't even being pressed since plains team isn't committing to a full on offensive.

    Another interesting clause comes from GP's Rinbukun: "Be wary of dueling and especially avoid getting into a fight with Ouhon." How will he deal with the fact that none other than Ouhon will be rampaging through his front lines?

    Even Zentos at first was running with the argument that Ouhon is going to be fighting Mougou and Rinbunkun with Gokei but when he sees how bad the rest of the battlefield is looking for him he runs with the game-plan that Gokei is just going to randomly decide his two opponents are laughable threats and send away half his forces on a whim before he even engages them. I also think he's underselling my army there, Gokei might be a step above either of them but Mougou and Rinbunkun aren't fodder that he can just casually get rid of at equal numbers when they're fortified in an uneven terrain.

    --

    Not too much to say on the center; Ordo, Mouten, and Ryuutou are well equipped to hold out against the opposing army for the time being. Though I did find a remark of Zentos rather questionable.

    "The flat plains are a most odd bunch as well. I'd even give Mouten and Ryuutou some chance of trying to avoid Rokuomi and Akou, even if slim, but when these two blades get coordinated by Genpou, the outcome should be rather obvious. Genpou knows an army is gonna try to flank him as per Rinko's report, which is why I have no doubt both he and Akou will have their flank prepared with both formations and traps/chariots to brace for the impact. As Gokei's reinforcements pour down from the passage, GP's flat plains army will find themselves ever so flooded on top of the obvious disparity in officer quality for such a plains battle."

    Here he says that Rokuomi and Akou are going to be two offensive blade coordinated by Genbou, yet in this same paragraph he also says that Akou is going to be defending Genbou's flank bracing for a flank from the forest. So which one is it? He's either attacking Mouten or defending Genbou, he can't be in two places at once and a lone Rokuomi is going to be at a disadvantage against my three commanders Genbou coordination or not and Rokuomi can't be stuck on defense since that would be neutering him entirely.

    --

    On the other end we have the Rinko, his clauses say that he's going to scout and try to secure the flanking position if possible with the alternative clause to assist Genbou otherwise. The illustration that Zentos came up with shows quite clearly where Rinko's intended flanking position is.




    Yet once he sees how outmatched Rinko's army is going to be in the forest it suddenly turns into this.



    Somewhere in this match Zentos thought he could get away with changing Rinko's strategy from securing the designated flanking position or assisting Genbou into bravely sacrificing his army so that he can draw Shouheikun to the far reaches of the map to buy as much time as possible for his other armies which is an absurd stretch from what he's been tasked to do.

    ---

    However in this best case wishful thinking scenario where everything miraculously pans out exactly as this convoluted scenario Zentos has strung together, where does that leave us in the endgame.
    -Shouheikun and Bananji striking Genbou and Akou from the forest
    -Ordo, Mouten, and Ryuutou facing Choutou, Ouhon, and Rokuomi
    -Mougou and Rinbunkun defending an uneven terrain against a lone Gokei

    This doesn't look to me like an unwinnable position and this is the best case scenario that Zentos found himself coming up with because it all looks worse for him in other instances.

    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @gn_x00; did you not proofread GP's strat? some of his clauses (especially SHK's) are too long.
    I might have been a bit wordy in some parts, but I'm ultimately only asking of him three simple instructions that he is allowed as Commander in Chief.

    -Take the forest with Bananji
    -Coordinate attacks on the center with Ordo
    -Is allowed to disengage and regroup in the forest if that's the best course of action

    Maybe the part about potentially drawing them into the forest during the disengagement may have been excessive and could have been trimmed, but it's not like I'm asking him to do a dozen things or more than the clauses should allow for, just adding some quick clarification so that it didn't get misconstrued.

  6. #66
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,663
    There are no massive shifts, though. A massive shift would be saying Choutou and Ouhon would deal with Mougou and Rinbukun, and Gokei will head for the middle. Seeing how the former are vassals of Gokei, it's quite different than the man in charge changing targets. Them being told to follow his instructions, and him being told to assess the situation and go from there are not only normal, but also happen in-verse. Whether it's Renpa swapping Kaishibou and Genpou, Ousen and Riboku sending Heki and SSJ, or Shin and Gyou'un, assigning vassals to more favourable positions is the norm. They're also not being sent to a battlefield on another part of the map, they are being sent just to the left of them, through the passage they were meant to secure for this very purpose - sending reinforcements.

    So no, this isn't me claiming Gokei will scratch the strategy as a whole, but he will do as per his clauses, and that is to use the passage to send reinforcements, just as he's been told to do. No further than right next to him, as well. Gokei, as the man in charge of the rough plains army, will still adhere to his task. Which, if anyone needs a reminder, is to secure the passage to allow a flow of reinforcements, after which he's to do as he sees fit. Facing your non-attacking army is just that, securing the passage.

    I already explained the Ouhon vs Rinbukun thing, and since you analyzed the post so well I'm sure you're aware that 2 different scenarios were given in the very same post, so I have no idea where and why you'd come to the conclusion that it was the go-to absolutely given course of events.

    Naturally, Akou cannot be deploying his devastating charge and defensive formation at the same time, there's no need to talk about that. However, he can go with the initial mindset of being the blade, but changing once Rinko brings ill news. Seeing how Rinko would arrive much faster than the fighting breaks out (due to your armies stopping short of the middle and Rinko being the fastest man in the field), he won't be caught up in a slug-fest from which he can't pull out from.

    As for Rinko, I already went over that. He has only 1 order that is a do-or-die, and that is to take the 1k men to see what we're facing. The initial flanking position was, like it's explained in his clause, an "if possible" scenario. Obviously, since SHK will be populating that, he won't be there. Why would you pretend like that's the case, I wouldn't know.
    So, either Rinko will fold back into Genpou's army, which in itself isn't bad by any means, or he can realise that SHK is gunning for him and lure him away from the battle. Is that outside of his capacity with what he's shown? Absolutely not. But, if people don't think he can do that, I don't find it unreasonable for him to fold back and help Genpou weather the flank attack, or even turn into a blade against your center, since that would be helping to the best of his ability.

    Like I said, my clauses have tied them down for certain tasks, but freed their hands for most. As for me bringing up alternatives, they're just that, possible scenarios. Calling them "massive shifts" as if they were part of the clauses and then scratched is no more than an attempt to discredit any relevance behind them, when in reality their so called importance was established by none other than you who decided to single out 1 mentioned use of Ouhon and disregard the other 2 in the same post. Don't think there's any need for that.

    ---

    I will say one thing though, and that is that it's a shame this match happened after CyK had already drifted so far away from what it used to be. As for why, I'll tell you once the match is over.

  7. #67
    I feel like there are flaws in both strategies, I dont think its that bizarre to think that Rinko can somehow avoid detection if he enters the forrest with how gifted he has shown to be in reconnaissance missions

    The trouble with placing all your troops inside the forest is that its much more difficult to mobilise them in such rough terrain. Using Mougo in the centre as a defence also doesnt really alleviate any doubts I have that he is capable of holding it. Moubo has been shown to be good at long drawn out battles of attrition when siegeing cities. This is a completely different tactical game and requires a whole lot more nuance if GP essentially allows Zentos to have the wings to himself

    Likewise none of the generals have been shown to be convincingly good at forest warfare, you can place all the numbers there you like but I think once the combat begins it will devolve into a whole lot of confusion as GP, especially once Zentos begins to do some sort of pinsir assault in the forest and even more so when you have such a large number in there trying to fend them off.

    [Zentos]
    "When I heard — well, of course, it was all my fault. Could have kicked myself.”

    Harry had no idea what he was talking about. He was about to say so when Lockhart went on,

    “Don’t know when I’ve been more shocked. Flying a car to Hogwarts! Well, of course, I knew at once why you’d done it. Stood out a mile. Harry, Harry, Harry.”

    It was remarkable how he could show every one of those brilliant teeth even when he wasn’t talking.

    “Gave you a taste for publicity, didn’t I?” said Lockhart. “Gave you the bug. You got onto the front page of the paper with me and you couldn’t wait to do it again.”

    “Oh, no, Professor, see —”

    “Harry, Harry, Harry,” said Lockhart, reaching out and grasping his shoulder. “I understand. Natural to want a bit more once you’ve had that first taste — and I blame myself for giving you that, because it was bound to go to your head — but see here, young man, you can’t start flying cars to try and get yourself noticed. Just calm down, all right? Plenty of time for all that when you’re older. Yes, yes, I know what you’re thinking! ‘It’s all right for him, he’s an internationally famous wizard already!’ But when I was twelve, I was just as much of a nobody as you are now. In fact, I’d say I was even more of a nobody! I mean, a few people have heard of you, haven’t they? All that business with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!” He glanced at the lightning scar on Harry’s forehead. “I know, I know — it’s not quite as good as winning Witch Weekly’s Most Charming Smile Award five times ina row, as I have — but it’s a start, Harry, it’s a start.”​

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like there are flaws in both strategies, I dont think its that bizarre to think that Rinko can somehow avoid detection if he enters the forrest with how gifted he has shown to be in reconnaissance missions

    The trouble with placing all your troops inside the forest is that its much more difficult to mobilise them in such rough terrain. Using Mougo in the centre as a defence also doesnt really alleviate any doubts I have that he is capable of holding it. Moubo has been shown to be good at long drawn out battles of attrition when siegeing cities. This is a completely different tactical game and requires a whole lot more nuance if GP essentially allows Zentos to have the wings to himself

    Likewise none of the generals have been shown to be convincingly good at forest warfare, you can place all the numbers there you like but I think once the combat begins it will devolve into a whole lot of confusion as GP, especially once Zentos begins to do some sort of pinsir assault in the forest and even more so when you have such a large number in there trying to fend them off.

    [Zentos]
    I want to argue, but I can't make heads or tails of this post, nothing you just said made any sense.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to argue, but I can't make heads or tails of this post, nothing you just said made any sense.
    I dont know all the intricacies of both strategies but I feel like both are overblown. I have a rough idea of the plans behind each, but like others I dont have the time to read the essays behind both in their entirety. If you dont know how to make heads or tails of my post your best bet is to make your strategy more concise in the future
    "When I heard — well, of course, it was all my fault. Could have kicked myself.”

    Harry had no idea what he was talking about. He was about to say so when Lockhart went on,

    “Don’t know when I’ve been more shocked. Flying a car to Hogwarts! Well, of course, I knew at once why you’d done it. Stood out a mile. Harry, Harry, Harry.”

    It was remarkable how he could show every one of those brilliant teeth even when he wasn’t talking.

    “Gave you a taste for publicity, didn’t I?” said Lockhart. “Gave you the bug. You got onto the front page of the paper with me and you couldn’t wait to do it again.”

    “Oh, no, Professor, see —”

    “Harry, Harry, Harry,” said Lockhart, reaching out and grasping his shoulder. “I understand. Natural to want a bit more once you’ve had that first taste — and I blame myself for giving you that, because it was bound to go to your head — but see here, young man, you can’t start flying cars to try and get yourself noticed. Just calm down, all right? Plenty of time for all that when you’re older. Yes, yes, I know what you’re thinking! ‘It’s all right for him, he’s an internationally famous wizard already!’ But when I was twelve, I was just as much of a nobody as you are now. In fact, I’d say I was even more of a nobody! I mean, a few people have heard of you, haven’t they? All that business with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!” He glanced at the lightning scar on Harry’s forehead. “I know, I know — it’s not quite as good as winning Witch Weekly’s Most Charming Smile Award five times ina row, as I have — but it’s a start, Harry, it’s a start.”​

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont know all the intricacies of both strategies but I feel like both are overblown. I have a rough idea of the plans behind each, but like others I dont have the time to read the essays behind both in their entirety. If you dont know how to make heads or tails of my post your best bet is to make your strategy more concise in the future
    No, you said a bunch of nonsensical inaccurate rubbish and attached a vote to the end of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like there are flaws in both strategies, I dont think its that bizarre to think that Rinko can somehow avoid detection if he enters the forrest with how gifted he has shown to be in reconnaissance missions
    In what realm of existence does subterfuge as an individual in Sanyou translate to him being able to somehow sneak a 10k army under the radar in the middle of a battlefield? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

    The trouble with placing all your troops inside the forest is that its much more difficult to mobilise them in such rough terrain.
    All of my troops? You mean less than a third of my total men? Also, have you never read the series. We had an entire war take plate in the forest and Sanyou was fought just fine with both sides main wings taking place and doing battle in the forest. It's not going to be a massive hindrance that dooms our armies to step into a forest.

    Using Mougo in the centre as a defence also doesnt really alleviate any doubts I have that he is capable of holding it. Moubo has been shown to be good at long drawn out battles of attrition when siegeing cities.
    Mougou isn't even in the center which makes it look like you hardly bothered to even glance at the strategies. We saw Mougou siege cities held by nobodies and every other one of his showings involved him on defense. The Coalition War where he held out against what's essentially a Gokei mirror in Gohoumei where it was mentioned that his weight potentially made him a better choice for the job than even Moubu or Ousen, and at Sanyou where everyone was impressed at the level of defense and fortifications that he was able to prepare.

    This is a completely different tactical game and requires a whole lot more nuance if GP essentially allows Zentos to have the wings to himself
    How does he have the wings to himself? He has the rough plains, but my forces in the forest vastly outstrip him in every single area to the point where everyone agrees that Rinko's best option is to bail because of how vastly outclassed he is.

    Likewise none of the generals have been shown to be convincingly good at forest warfare, you can place all the numbers there you like but I think once the combat begins it will devolve into a whole lot of confusion as GP, especially once Zentos begins to do some sort of pinsir assault in the forest and even more so when you have such a large number in there trying to fend them off.
    What pincer assault in the forest? You're throwing in bullshit that's not in anyone's strategy, and even if it was explain to me how Rinko all on his own is going to pincer a smarter and stronger army with 4x his number and two commanders. Why would a large number a bad thing for fending off an attack? That's the opposite of how warfare works.

    Shouheikun is the Chief of Military operations for Qin, second only to Riboku in strategy, who is the one who tought Ten how to handle things like forest and river battles, yet he's going to be lost and confused in the forest while Rinko of all people is the one who works him down and has his number? Every time you try starting with me your posts comesout as a poor trolling attempt because it all reads like a string of random gibberish that doesn't come close to making a point or even having any idea on the topic you're supposed to be discussing.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 02-11-2019 at 07:46 PM.

  11. #71
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,663
    Glad to see you in CyK White, but your post is a bit confusing, even if you've voted for me.

    If the whole strats are too long, the Deployment & General Strategy should be enough to get a good picture, while the clauses are more specific instructions and usually the longest part.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, you said a bunch of nonsensical inaccurate rubbish and attached a vote to the end of it.



    In what realm of existence does subterfuge as an individual in Sanyou translate to him being able to somehow sneak a 10k army under the radar in the middle of a battlefield? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.



    All of my troops? You mean less than a third of my total men? Also, have you never read the series. We had an entire war take plate in the forest and Sanyou was fought just fine with both sides main wings taking place and doing battle in the forest. It's not going to be a massive hindrance that dooms our armies to step into a forest.



    Mougou isn't even in the center which makes it look like you hardly bothered to even glance at the strategies. We saw Mougou siege cities held by nobodies and every other one of his showings involved him on defense. The Coalition War where he held out against what's essentially a Gokei mirror in Gohoumei where it was mentioned that his weight potentially made him a better choice for the job than even Moubu or Ousen, and at Sanyou where everyone was impressed at the level of defense and fortifications that he was able to prepare.



    How does he have the wings to himself? He has the rough plains, but my forces in the forest vastly outstrip him in every single area to the point where everyone agrees that Rinko's best option is to bail because of how vastly outclassed he is.



    What pincer assault in the forest? You're throwing in bullshit that's not in anyone's strategy, and even if it was explain to me how Rinko all on his own is going to pincer a smarter and stronger army with 4x his number and two commanders. Why would a large number a bad thing for fending off an attack? That's the opposite of how warfare works.

    Shouheikun is the Chief of Military operations for Qin, second only to Riboku in strategy, who is the one who tought Ten how to handle things like forest and river battles, yet he's going to be lost and confused in the forest while Rinko of all people is the one who works him down and has his number? Every time you try starting with me your posts comesout as a poor trolling attempt because it all reads like a string of random gibberish that doesn't come close to making a point or even having any idea on the topic you're supposed to be discussing.
    Now calm down GP, dont go jumping to any conclusions here. You wont convince me to change my vote by just yelling a bunch of diatribe at me. I like Kingdom and Ive never played this tournament so I thought id see what its about it. I looked at the picture Zentos drew and that formed the basis of my conclusion

    You said in your opening sentence, Mougou will be holding down the centre. I dont think hes good enough or strong enough to do that in the presence of someone as strong as Gokei. Mougou has been shown to thrive in siege warfare but this isnt anything like siege warfare, youre trying to get him to build a makeshift defence that Gokei will smash through

    Large scale battles arent won and fought in the forests. That is where Guerilla warfare happens, and where guys like Zenou thrive instead of writing an essay about how Im trying to spite you your time would have been better spent considering this. The forest gives confusion and yes a deployment from Rinko should be easily able to scout the place out under the cover of so much trees and the fact they wont be able to readily see what directions hes coming from. After hes seen how big your army is in there, he'll be able to make it back to base camp. You can scoff about how his one man recon mission but the fact is, he has to be pretty good at reconaissance to be able to slip through like that.

    Did I say SHK would be lost and confused in the foressts? No I never. But this type of terrain warfare isnt his speciality and him being a good strategist doesnt give him the power to see through condensed trees. I think Rinko getting back to base will be tricky but Rinko is smart enough to be able to see the threat and go back to base.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad to see you in CyK White, but your post is a bit confusing, even if you've voted for me.

    If the whole strats are too long, the Deployment & General Strategy should be enough to get a good picture, while the clauses are more specific instructions and usually the longest part.
    I mean I just looked at the picture you made, read a little of GPs strat and then read some of the main responses you gave him in the thread. Its pretty insulting for him to just come out and say, this is White trying to sabotage me when this the thing that I normally did in the ordeal of blood when deciding on a winner. CyK might a little more nuanced that that, but I didnt think it would be that much different
    "When I heard — well, of course, it was all my fault. Could have kicked myself.”

    Harry had no idea what he was talking about. He was about to say so when Lockhart went on,

    “Don’t know when I’ve been more shocked. Flying a car to Hogwarts! Well, of course, I knew at once why you’d done it. Stood out a mile. Harry, Harry, Harry.”

    It was remarkable how he could show every one of those brilliant teeth even when he wasn’t talking.

    “Gave you a taste for publicity, didn’t I?” said Lockhart. “Gave you the bug. You got onto the front page of the paper with me and you couldn’t wait to do it again.”

    “Oh, no, Professor, see —”

    “Harry, Harry, Harry,” said Lockhart, reaching out and grasping his shoulder. “I understand. Natural to want a bit more once you’ve had that first taste — and I blame myself for giving you that, because it was bound to go to your head — but see here, young man, you can’t start flying cars to try and get yourself noticed. Just calm down, all right? Plenty of time for all that when you’re older. Yes, yes, I know what you’re thinking! ‘It’s all right for him, he’s an internationally famous wizard already!’ But when I was twelve, I was just as much of a nobody as you are now. In fact, I’d say I was even more of a nobody! I mean, a few people have heard of you, haven’t they? All that business with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!” He glanced at the lightning scar on Harry’s forehead. “I know, I know — it’s not quite as good as winning Witch Weekly’s Most Charming Smile Award five times ina row, as I have — but it’s a start, Harry, it’s a start.”​

  13. #73
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean I just looked at the picture you made, read a little of GPs strat and then read some of the main responses you gave him in the thread. Its pretty insulting for him to just come out and say, this is White trying to sabotage me when this the thing that I normally did in the ordeal of blood when deciding on a winner. CyK might a little more nuanced that that, but I didnt think it would be that much different
    I understand GP as we do put effort into this, so it's kinda frustrating when people come in without taking things into consideration. Not saying you did, just that it might come off like that because it was worded kinda odd.

  14. #74
    Maybe itd be better if I made my appearance at the start of the next tourney
    "When I heard — well, of course, it was all my fault. Could have kicked myself.”

    Harry had no idea what he was talking about. He was about to say so when Lockhart went on,

    “Don’t know when I’ve been more shocked. Flying a car to Hogwarts! Well, of course, I knew at once why you’d done it. Stood out a mile. Harry, Harry, Harry.”

    It was remarkable how he could show every one of those brilliant teeth even when he wasn’t talking.

    “Gave you a taste for publicity, didn’t I?” said Lockhart. “Gave you the bug. You got onto the front page of the paper with me and you couldn’t wait to do it again.”

    “Oh, no, Professor, see —”

    “Harry, Harry, Harry,” said Lockhart, reaching out and grasping his shoulder. “I understand. Natural to want a bit more once you’ve had that first taste — and I blame myself for giving you that, because it was bound to go to your head — but see here, young man, you can’t start flying cars to try and get yourself noticed. Just calm down, all right? Plenty of time for all that when you’re older. Yes, yes, I know what you’re thinking! ‘It’s all right for him, he’s an internationally famous wizard already!’ But when I was twelve, I was just as much of a nobody as you are now. In fact, I’d say I was even more of a nobody! I mean, a few people have heard of you, haven’t they? All that business with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!” He glanced at the lightning scar on Harry’s forehead. “I know, I know — it’s not quite as good as winning Witch Weekly’s Most Charming Smile Award five times ina row, as I have — but it’s a start, Harry, it’s a start.”​

  15. #75
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe itd be better if I made my appearance at the start of the next tourney
    Another game is active, I'm playing against Jj, you can check that one as well when the strats get dropped.


    @Usopp; hasn't played a game either, perhaps you could play a game against each other before the tourney to get a hang of it?

  16. #76
    Sure, we can do that. We're both in a mafia game rn though, so after that
    "When I heard — well, of course, it was all my fault. Could have kicked myself.”

    Harry had no idea what he was talking about. He was about to say so when Lockhart went on,

    “Don’t know when I’ve been more shocked. Flying a car to Hogwarts! Well, of course, I knew at once why you’d done it. Stood out a mile. Harry, Harry, Harry.”

    It was remarkable how he could show every one of those brilliant teeth even when he wasn’t talking.

    “Gave you a taste for publicity, didn’t I?” said Lockhart. “Gave you the bug. You got onto the front page of the paper with me and you couldn’t wait to do it again.”

    “Oh, no, Professor, see —”

    “Harry, Harry, Harry,” said Lockhart, reaching out and grasping his shoulder. “I understand. Natural to want a bit more once you’ve had that first taste — and I blame myself for giving you that, because it was bound to go to your head — but see here, young man, you can’t start flying cars to try and get yourself noticed. Just calm down, all right? Plenty of time for all that when you’re older. Yes, yes, I know what you’re thinking! ‘It’s all right for him, he’s an internationally famous wizard already!’ But when I was twelve, I was just as much of a nobody as you are now. In fact, I’d say I was even more of a nobody! I mean, a few people have heard of you, haven’t they? All that business with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!” He glanced at the lightning scar on Harry’s forehead. “I know, I know — it’s not quite as good as winning Witch Weekly’s Most Charming Smile Award five times ina row, as I have — but it’s a start, Harry, it’s a start.”​

  17. #77
    March to the Endgame Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    57,546
    alright, looking back on it, the numbers really favor Zentos in the north, it's really close in the center, and GP has the advantage in the south.

    Mougou should be able to hold Gokei to some degree since the latter isn't supposed to be super aggressive but they'll be mopped up sooner than later since they're facing a vastly superior mind with double the numbers and Ouhon > Rinbukun.

    Rinko arrives first to the forest, but he'll then discover that a vastly larger army is headed his way and with no clauses to stay and try to engage them, he can't secure his flanking position and will be forced out eventually, even when the rest of his army comes. he'll have to fold back into the Genbou army while giving up valuable ground to GP here.

    the center is the most even and hardest to decide: Zentos has the advantage in quality but has 10k less and sticks to in character and cautionary clauses. the latter hurts imo. Akou and Rokuomi could rush in for an offensive but both Mouten and Ryuutou have more men and have specific clauses prepped for this. Genbou could be the decisive piece here, but he's also vague too. we haven't seen Genbou in offense aside from the smoke trap and Kanki forest HQ discerning, so honestly have no idea how he'll act here. I'd say he'd err on the side of caution since he's lacking in numbers and the opponent is prepped with traps so he'll wait for Gokei to pincer from the north.

    I'd say [Zentos] eeks out a really really close one. it's honestly super bad how he played this with the vague clauses and the wasted forest maneuver, but he has the quality with Gokei pincering from the north and Genbou not letting his center go to waste. plus he'll have 3 fresh martial generals to GP's 2, Genbou can handle a flank attack better than Ordo can imo.



    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should've checked if we had any voters before we played.

    I expect the other match to be the same, and if I'm not mistaken my last 3 matches were 1 vote as well. Eh, kinda pointless to be honest.
    This overtime train wreck should end in 14 Feb, so i prob should have time for the other match. hopefully anyway

  19. #79
    Vote for @Great Potato; : bootleg boy

    Vote for @Zentos; : Allara, Void

    Zentos edge out a win!

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vote for @Great Potato; : bootleg boy

    Vote for @Zentos; : Allara, Void

    Zentos edge out a win!
    Did anyone try their luck on your who would move where proposition?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will say one thing though, and that is that it's a shame this match happened after CyK had already drifted so far away from what it used to be. As for why, I'll tell you once the match is over.
    So what was it that you wanted to say?
    Last edited by Great Potato; 02-13-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •