Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 90
  1. #1

    Random Teams CyK- GP vs Zentos

    Factions

    GP

    _ SHK
    _ Rinbukun
    _ Ordo
    _ Mougou
    _ Kisui Bananji
    _ Ryuutou
    _ Mouten


    Zentos

    _ Gokei
    _ Genbou
    _ Chougaryuu Choutou
    _ Rinko
    _ Akou
    _ Rokuomi
    _ Ouhon


    All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy or the player's instructions, i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to fight a battle he can't be sure of winning or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Shin and Ten or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions as long as they operate in their commander's battlefield. You can have Bajio's mountain warriors scouting a landmark or striking an enemy which is within Bajio's operational range, but you can't have his men detach completely and assign them to other general, or support other commanders in a completely different side of the battle. If you do it, these men will be considered "commanderless" and it'll greatly compromise their effects and efficiency.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time.



    Voting Rules


    _ All the players who are not involved in the battle are encouraged to vote for whoever they think is the winner, according to the strats posted and the wincon.
    _ Non-players are welcome to vote as well.
    _ Voting is accepted only in the format [Team_A] or [Team_B], in bold.
    _ You can't vote for a draw.
    _ Votes are also only accepted if the voter provides a reason for them.
    _ The players involved in the battle can't vote.



    Map and Battle Terms

    The teams are going to face off in this map:

    The two armies are separated by a non-flat plain. None of the elevations can be called hills, but terrain is rough enough to decrease slightly mounted units' efficiency. Past the elevations, an actual flatland unfolds, ending with some isles of woods towards south-east.

    Each army counts 150k men.
    The map's edge takes approximately 2 days of march to travel for regular armies.

    Wincon: Defeat your opponent's army or achieve an advantageous stalemate

    Strategy Layout

    Each player must send the host their strat in max 2 days, following the structure:
    _ Deployment. Within the starting point's boundaries, description of your initial deployment. Troop divisions, the leaders of your sub-armies, and their position at time zero. You're strongly encouraged to use a picture or a drawing, as well as a small word description. Make absolutely sure your interlocutor understands how your army will look like at the beginning of the battle, and which ones are their first movements.
    _ General Strategy. An informal writeup of 3-4 sentences max to explain what's the main idea of your strat in a nutshell. Whatever you write here won't have value to be used in discussions, but it's helpful to view what you're trying to do before you descend into details in the instructions clauses.
    _ Instructions. This is the Bible of your strat, and anything you say here is gonna be material of discussion in the thread. Instructions are supposed to be the principal orders you give each one of your commanders as the chief of military. Your commanders will try their utmost to fulfill these orders no matter what. Anything you won't explicitly state as an indication will be entirely up to your commanders' discretion and abilities. You can give your commander in chief (if you have one) up to 3 clauses, to your generals up to 2 clauses each, and to your captains up to 1 clause each. Clauses are lexical periods that end with a full stop. Do not break the clause limit or anything you write past it won't be considered.
    @Great Potato; @Zentos;

    Both teams can choose to replace one member of their choosing if they wish.

    Strats
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great Potato's Quick Thinking

    Deployment


    Hill Army- Combined 40k
    Mougou (Green) [20k]
    Rinbunkun (Orange) [20k]

    Plains Army- Combined 70k
    Ordo (Blue) [40k]
    Mouten (Cyan) [15k]
    Ryuutou (Yellow) [15k]

    Forest Army- Combined 40k
    Shouheikun (Red) [25k]
    Bananji (Pink) [15k]

    General Strategy

    The Mougou army is going to both hold down a defense making sure that nobody passes through or thinks to attack the center.

    The Ordo army is going to work in sync with his strategists to pester and combat the center army with evasive tactics trying to deny them more of a direct head on clash until support of the other armies arrive.

    The Shouheikun army will aim to clear out the forest and anyone trying to pass behind it before lending his support to the plains. The end goal is to take quick control of the forest, then work upwards to collapse their center leaving us to corner whatever's left on the hills with what remains of our army.

    Instructions

    Mougou
    -The main objective is using the rugged uneven terrain to make a strong defensive fortifications that's going to be difficult for anyone to crack with his great experience and weight, and will work to travel closer to the center but can stop a bit shorter if he feels it won't allow him the time to set up defenses.
    -If the enemy begins to move off the top area to strike the center army or if he feels the enemy forces up there are marginal and can be comfortably defeated, then he can move on the offense to strike them.

    Rinbunkun
    -Be wary of dueling and especially avoid getting into a fight with Ouhon or being tag teamed, Rinko and Akou he can attempt to fight only if absolutely necessary, but the rest are all fair game if he can catch them in a vulnerable position. Overall work more towards trying to bolster defense than seeking out fights.
    -If Mougou is safe from attack and in they have good enough control over the upper area to allow for it, then he can help coordinate attacks on the center.

    --

    Ordo
    -He'll listen to and resupply Mouten and Ryuutou to try outpacing the opposition, will hold the main line and only push in on more of a direct offensive when he feels the opposing army is weak enough or when coordinating with other armies.
    -Will aim to avoid duels but may choose to jump in with a deployment of his troops to bail Mouten or Ryuutou out of a sticky situation if they find themselves in danger and it's not overly risky for him to do so.

    Ryuutou
    -Will work to set up a tricky defensive lines utilizing traps, anti-cavelry tactics, makeshift ambush zones and formations, misdirection, and the like to give some hell to anyone who tries pushing through with power or momentum.
    -Will also aim to include some ramparts in his defenses in order take out any potential chariots on the battlefield.

    Mouten
    -Use his more light-footed approach and hit and run tactics to pester their offense and try drawing them into traps of Ryuutou or where other commanders can do some damage.

    ---

    Shouheikun (CiC)
    -Head down and quickly take control of the forest, using his unrivaled strategy and Bananji's incredible offensive might to wipe out anyone opponent who enters that side of the map.
    -Once he's taken the forest, he will aim to coordinate with Ordo. Either waiting till his army has provided a good opening for him to rush in and attack or working to pincer between the two of them depending on what he feels is the best approach.
    -Does not need to fully commit to an all out attacks. He's allowed to disengage and pull back into his forest if the center army is too much to crack in a single go, perhaps baiting some of the enemy into following him into the forest where he'll have the edge in the meantime.

    Bananji
    -Will closely follow Shouheikun's instructions, only striking where and when Shouheikun feels it's best including helping pull off organized pincer tactics.
    -Will largely try to avoid duels against powerful fighters, particularly Ouhon, he and SHK will mainly work to grind down their army or get him in close to enemy strategists to take their head while the Ordo has the attention of their offense.


    Zentos' Desperate Endeavors
    Deployment:


    Rough plains - 80k:
    Dark green army (60k) - Gokei (CiC):
    10k Gokei army, 50k soldiers

    Brown army (15k) - Choutou:
    10k Choutou army, 5k soldiers

    Red army (5k) - Ouhon:
    5k GHU

    Flat plains - 60k:
    Light green army (40k) - Genpou:
    10k Genpou army, 30k soldiers

    Purple army (10k) - Rokuomi
    10k Rokuomi army

    Blue army (10k) - Akou:
    10k Akou army

    Forest - 10k:
    Yellow army (10k) - Rinko:
    10k Rinko army




    General strategy:

    Stage 1 - https://i.imgur.com/RFuRS64.jpg:

    Stage 2 - https://i.imgur.com/c4FqWoP.jpg:

    Stage 3 - https://i.imgur.com/m10xLkG.jpg:

    The main idea is to have two large groups contest the two main battlefields: the dark green, brown and red armies led by Gokei (CiC) contesting the rough plains, and the light green, purple and blue armies led by Genpou contesting the flat plains, while the yellow army led by Rinko will rush into the forest to scout for enemies in the forest/passage and attempt to secure a good flanking position in the forest.
    Both groups will aim to push deep (halfway or, if necessary, further) into their respective territories to position themselves so that they can exchange reinforcements through the passage between the rough and flat plains.
    The smaller armies are likely to pull slightly ahead at the start, to get better insight into what lies ahead, with the Rinko army splitting into groups of 500+500 (led by Rinko) and 9k, with the smaller groups rushing ahead to scout the forest and the passage behind it for enemies.
    Once both groups have crushed their opposition (alone or with the help of others) or if Gokei/Genpou think it's necessary - even sooner, they will decide their next step from there; whether it be retreat, going for the higher ground or hunting leftovers.




    Instructions:

    Dark green army (60k):
    Gokei (CiC):
    - Lead the rough plains group to the best of your ability, but be flexible with the destination and objective of all armies depending on the general flow of the battle.
    - Be wary of traps/ambushes and ensure a means of communication between all armies.
    - Keep an eye for subtle changes and be extremely cautious, but act boldly when it's time to take action, using all available strategies and tools like chariots.

    Brown army (15k):
    Choutou:
    - Lead the brown army according to Gokei's plan and communicate with him to keep up with his strategy at all times.
    - Help and protect Gokei and Ouhon as much as you can, even giving up your life for them if necessary.

    Red army (5k):
    Ouhon:
    - Act as an independent unit under Gokei's command and avoid duels against tag-teams unless you've got allies with you.

    Light green army (40k):
    Genopu:
    - Lead the flat plains group to the best of your ability and listen to Gokei's input.
    - Be wary of flanking armies from the forest/passage and use all available strategies and tools like chariots, traps and smoke tactics.

    Blue army (10k):
    Akou:
    - Lead the blue army and assist Genpou to the best of your ability, using your offensive and defensive tactics that best suit the situation.
    - Avoid duels against tag-teams unless you've got someone from your side helping you, and be especially wary of strong opponents.

    Purple army (10k):
    Rokuomi:
    - Lead the purple army and assist Akou and Genpou to the best of your ability, but don't overdo it.
    - Avoid duels against stronger opponents and tag-teams unless you've got someone from your side helping you, and be especially wary of strong opponents.

    Yellow army (10k):
    Rinko:
    - Rush with 1k men split into two groups of 500 to check the forest and the passage for enemies (while the remaining 9k catch up), to secure a good flanking position if possible or assist Genpou to the best of your ability.
    - Avoid duels against stronger opponents and tag-teams unless you've got someone from your side helping you, and be especially wary of strong opponents.



    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-10-2019 at 04:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Replace Kisui

  3. #3
    Kisui is kicked out and he somehow come back you get Bannaji

    Interestingly Kisui come out again in the randomizer

  4. #4
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,663
    Roll CGR please, don't need 3 dedicated strategists.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roll CGR please, don't need 3 dedicated strategists.
    CGR is killed for Choutou

    RIP CGR

  7. #7
    Cant see the map. Favor Zentos, why would you replace Kisui GP

  8. #8
    Anyone interested on some little game of "betting" on how GP and Zentos will move?

    PM me 3 of your predictions (6 total) on how they will move and I'll reveal it after i post the strats.

    We can probably set up a little leader board on how many predictions you guys get right to get bragging rights about whose crystal ball is better


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cant see the map. Favor Zentos, why would you replace Kisui GP
    Map url https://i.imgur.com/nm3lN77_d.webp?m...idelity=medium
    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-08-2019 at 03:18 PM.

  9. #9
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,663
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CGR is killed for Choutou

    RIP CGR
    Why couldn't you roll for me like you did for GP?

    At least now Mougou will have someone he can fight.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why couldn't you roll for me like you did for GP?

    At least now Mougou will have someone he can fight.
    Ask Crispy how Choutou is in the same tier as those two

    Also, CGR actually come up on 2nd roll when i tried to reroll Choutou

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cant see the map. Favor Zentos, why would you replace Kisui GP
    Kisui doesn't bring much in the way of utility.

  12. #12
    March to the Endgame Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    57,564
    teams are very nice, though I favor Zentos since his has guys I value more. GP's scheming is gonna be fun tho.



    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  13. #13
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    teams are very nice, though I favor Zentos since his has guys I value more. GP's scheming is gonna be fun tho.
    A great team for sure, but any idea I come up with for them on this map backfires horribly.

  14. #14
    Pretty Flacko Jr. bootleg boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    13,080
    yeah, gp's team is better suited for this map imo
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone interested on some little game of "betting" on how GP and Zentos will move?

    PM me 3 of your predictions (6 total) on how they will move and I'll reveal it after i post the strats.

    We can probably set up a little leader board on how many predictions you guys get right to get bragging rights about whose crystal ball is better
    so anyone interested in this?
    We still have time until i receive Zentos' strats

    @DoflaMihawk @Juan; @Aether; @Void; @bootleg boy;

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so anyone interested in this?
    We still have time until i receive Zentos' strats

    @DoflaMihawk @Juan; @Aether; @Void; @bootleg boy;
    want to participate


  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Usopp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    want to participate
    sure. it's a pretty new thing with no precedent.
    Just PM your prediction to me

    The new guy plan to participate, you guys better do too.

    @Juan; @Void; @bootleg boy;

  18. #18
    King Juan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    10,320
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sure. it's a pretty new thing with no precedent.
    Just PM your prediction to me

    The new guy plan to participate, you guys better do too.

    @Juan; @Void; @bootleg boy;
    i'm omw to class now, but if you don't have the strats by the time i come back, I'll send something

  19. #19
    March to the Endgame Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    57,564
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sure. it's a pretty new thing with no precedent.
    Just PM your prediction to me

    The new guy plan to participate, you guys better do too.

    @Juan; @Void; @bootleg boy;
    I'd do it but this is GP. unless he has Moubu, I can't say I got a read on what he'll do

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A great team for sure, but any idea I come up with for them on this map backfires horribly.
    don't say that, you've got a pretty versatile team imo



    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  20. #20
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    don't say that, you've got a pretty versatile team imo
    I'm aware of that, but I'm just not feeling any chemistry. I think it's mostly due to he map and how it forces certain roles, but that doesn't help me.

    I'll try to cook something up later.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •