Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57
  1. #21
    Kazutrash - A Real Man hentaisenpai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoa

    Off panel stuff we didn't see...

    And Im didn't get to display anything. Only that he exists.
    Of course Oda isn't going to show us everything. Mangas do that all the time and it's not a problem. Personally it's better if it's revealed later so it has more of an impact. It's a common thing mangas do.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    /thread

    I do good Rax

  3. #23
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    64,196
    Quote Originally Posted by hentaisenpai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course Oda isn't going to show us everything. Mangas do that all the time and it's not a problem. Personally it's better if it's revealed later so it has more of an impact. It's a common thing mangas do.
    I'm aware.

    Doesn't change the fact that portion showed very little.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do good Rax
    You're the true hero of the OP section



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  4. #24
    Kazutrash - A Real Man hentaisenpai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm aware.

    Doesn't change the fact that portion showed very little.

    - - - Updated - - -


    You're the true hero of the OP section

    Then that part of the arc shouldn't be criticized. It's what almost every great manga does.

    The fact that you say all that happened in the arc were nobles being douches is plain stupid. Why do you think that's all that happened? Bias or do you actually have a reason for believing this?

  5. #25
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    64,196
    Quote Originally Posted by hentaisenpai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then that part of the arc shouldn't be criticized. It's what almost every great manga does.

    The fact that you say all that happened in the arc were nobles being douches is plain stupid. Why do you think that's all that happened? Bias or do you actually have a reason for believing this?
    We're talking about the contents of what happened in 2018 for OP Vs other series



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  6. #26
    Kazutrash - A Real Man hentaisenpai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're talking about the contents of what happened in 2018 for OP Vs other series
    Yeah, but wasn't the point you were making that not much happened in Reverie Arc?

  7. #27
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    64,196
    Quote Originally Posted by hentaisenpai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but wasn't the point you were making that not much happened in Reverie Arc?
    The portion that was shown in 2018, yes



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we take a sample of the entire One Piece fandom the number would still probably overwhelming think its head and shoulders the best thing that shonen jump has produced. I think the manga is true enough to its power levels that the average op fan wouldnt obsess over something like Luffy beating Katakuri
    I don't understand why we always re-frame the issue as a power level thing. By having Luffy defeat a first mate already it confirmed we're not seeing the rest of the OP world and rushing straight to Admirals and Yonkou. IE the world gets smaller instead of more grand. We barely even develop the other SH anymore.

    It's actually going to be really odd if Drake and Kidd are actually comparable at all to Luffy given how much he should have grown from the Katakuri fight. So again we have to manage expectations. They'll either pale in comparison or they will compare and that's odd since how on earth did they grow so much in 2 years? If Kidd can match Luffy post-prison break does that mean he'd have bodied him 1 month ago low diff? Is Weavil going to be a threat later on? Clearly not seeing Level 6 Inmates or having them play a role. Why have DCJ mention there are lots of CoC users competing with the Yonkou if that's basically not true?

  9. #29
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    13,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand why we always re-frame the issue as a power level thing. By having Luffy defeat a first mate already it confirmed we're not seeing the rest of the OP world and rushing straight to Admirals and Yonkou. IE the world gets smaller instead of more grand. We barely even develop the other SH anymore.

    It's actually going to be really odd if Drake and Kidd are actually comparable at all to Luffy given how much he should have grown from the Katakuri fight. So again we have to manage expectations. They'll either pale in comparison or they will compare and that's odd since how on earth did they grow so much in 2 years? If Kidd can match Luffy post-prison break does that mean he'd have bodied him 1 month ago low diff? Is Weavil going to be a threat later on? Clearly not seeing Level 6 Inmates or having them play a role. Why have DCJ mention there are lots of CoC users competing with the Yonkou if that's basically not true?
    Why are you so obsessed with the level 6 guys ? Teach took the strongest of them so you think some major threat exists within them that isn't already a part of a Yonko ?

    Also Luffy just faced a CoC user who's under a Yonko in Katakuri and in this arc Kid was confirmed to have it. So how doesn't Chinjao's statement come true ? Also where did Chinjao say that there were multiple guys competing with the Yonko when it's been mentioned time and time again since chapter 433 that the Yonko are the best of the best ?

    Also how isn't Oda exploring the world when he just revealed another major threat in Rox ? Dayum are you serious ? What about the reverie stuff ?





  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are you so obsessed with the level 6 guys ? Teach took the strongest of them so you think some major threat exists within them that isn't already a part of a Yonko ?
    Why do you obsess over specifics? That is one example of a plot thread and group introduced pre-skip, reintroduced through Jean Ango post-skip. The point is that Oda plants seeds in the plot but now goes nowhere with many of them.

    I'm thinking Oda dropped the line after the war and mentioned them them post skip because he, at least originally, had some idea he wanted to explore. Absolutely nothing crazy that a very strong prisoner told Teach to fuck off as soon as his shackles came off or a schemer pretended to lose just to get out when the situation died down or they have a connection or knowledge that could play a part on the outside.

    Also Luffy just faced a CoC user who's under a Yonko in Katakuri and in this arc Kid was confirmed to have it. So how doesn't Chinjao's statement come true ? Also where did Chinjao say that there were multiple guys competing with the Yonko when it's been mentioned time and time again since chapter 433 that the Yonko are the best of the best ?
    His comment was specific to people competing with Yonkou. This is like you mentioning that Smoothie did do something via missing a couple air-slashes at the Sunny. As if that's what we were waiting to see from a Yonkou commander in action. It's sad if after Kata the next best treatment a tertiary character can receive is the little spotlight Oven received.

    This is one instance. https://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/717/4

    Used word 'countless'. That's more than 3 people and obviously he'd not be talking about people half his age but people like himself who aren't shells of their former selves. Why is it such a problem for you that some of us are disappointed we don't get to see a large pirate world with many moving pieces instead of an increasing Luffy show where even the SH themselves get less and less relevancy as time goes on and new characters have to compete for meager screen-time and development?

    Also how isn't Oda exploring the world when he just revealed another major threat in Rox ? Dayum are you serious ? What about the reverie stuff ?
    Yes I get it. You're fine with any scraps thrown your way. Why can I not be serious? Who said we got nothing? Doesn't mean we aren't missing out on other things. Not like we have actually gotten much on the Rox pirates anyhow and for all we know we'll get little like we got little on what BM actually received through her various marriages or what Sabo's squad actually learned of Doffy's activities.
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-04-2019 at 08:40 PM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do good Rax
    but are you a better one piece debater than @DoflaMihawk; or @Ultra;



  12. #32
    baji17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Albania
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you obsess over specifics? That is one example of a plot thread and group introduced pre-skip, reintroduced through Jean Ango post-skip. The point is that Oda plants seeds in the plot but now goes nowhere with many of them.

    I'm thinking Oda dropped the line after the war and mentioned them them post skip because he, at least originally, had some idea he wanted to explore. Absolutely nothing crazy that a very strong prisoner told Teach to fuck off as soon as his shackles came off or a schemer pretended to lose just to get out when the situation died down or they have a connection or knowledge that could play a part on the outside.
    Criticizing Oda for something that he has done for example the WCI arc like the treatment of Big Mom and the yonko commanders or Dressrosa for how long it was or for being full of shitty non interesting sub plots is probably valid criticism but arguing why Oda didnt use these hypothetical characters that I would like to see as main villains isnt criticism its just how u would like the manga to be instead of how Oda draws it which doesnt seem like actual valid criticism on Odas writing, fact is level 6 had no deeper importance than giving BB a strong crew and thats that theres no point in obsessing over it and criticizing Oda for not expanding more on that.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by baji17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Criticizing Oda for something that he has done for example the WCI arc like the treatment of Big Mom and the yonko commanders or Dressrosa for how long it was or for being full of shitty non interesting sub plots is probably valid criticism but arguing why Oda didnt use these hypothetical characters that I would like to see as main villains isnt criticism its just how u would like the manga to be instead of how Oda draws it which doesnt seem like actual valid criticism on Odas writing, fact is level 6 had no deeper importance than giving BB a strong crew and thats that theres no point in obsessing over it and criticizing Oda for not expanding more on that.
    This is a giant incoherent run-on sentence. Never read something that sounds like the person is drunk but lacking typos.

    Then why mention other escaped besides BB's crew and then mention them again post skip? I guess you're point is that he already treats existing characters poorly(which I already addressed as another problem) but that is besides my point entirely. It's about the constant nugget dropping here and there that in old one piece would lead somewhere but never do because Oda either forgets or has become fickle in his middle age.

    I was responding to Allara framing the Katakuri problem as a power-level one when it's one about story progression. That was the nail in the coffin confirming whatI think you're talking about.

  14. #34
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    13,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you obsess over specifics? That is one example of a plot thread and group introduced pre-skip, reintroduced through Jean Ango post-skip. The point is that Oda plants seeds in the plot but now goes nowhere with many of them.

    I'm thinking Oda dropped the line after the war and mentioned them them post skip because he, at least originally, had some idea he wanted to explore. Absolutely nothing crazy that a very strong prisoner told Teach to fuck off as soon as his shackles came off or a schemer pretended to lose just to get out when the situation died down or they have a connection or knowledge that could play a part on the outside.
    I don't get your obsession with them. Jean Ango, never said anything new anyway. He didn't reveal any juicy info about any level 6 prisoner. This is just your personal obsession calling this bad writing because they didn't appear. Even though you simply never accept that the most important guys from Impel Down were the guys that got with Teach which is the whole purpose of that break out.



    His comment was specific to people competing with Yonkou. This is like you mentioning that Smoothie did do something via missing a couple air-slashes at the Sunny. As if that's what we were waiting to see from a Yonkou commander in action. It's sad if after Kata the next best treatment a tertiary character can receive is the little spotlight Oven received.

    This is one instance. https://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/717/4

    Used word 'countless'. That's more than 3 people and obviously he'd not be talking about people half his age but people like himself who aren't shells of their former selves. Why is it such a problem for you that some of us are disappointed we don't get to see a large pirate world with many moving pieces instead of an increasing Luffy show where even the SH themselves get less and less relevancy as time goes on and new characters have to compete for meager screen-time and development?
    Chinjao never implies anything about other guys competing with Yonko. Just that Luffy will meet many more conquerors which he has done already. You assuming somehow that Oda intended to introduce 30 other Yonko level characters is just that, an assumption. Also clearly since you are the only guy who ever brings this argument, it's clear that you are the only one that's disappointed and that's mostly because the story simply doesn't work out the way you want even if you never admit it.

    Heck your posts just come out of baseless assumptions. You take one line from Chinjao saying there are numerous guys that have CoC and you just go ahead and think that they must be Yonko level, all of them. Even though Doflamingo, Chinjao, Kata, Boa, Oden never even were close to such level.

    Also are you really implying OP doesn't have many moving pieces ?



    Yes I get it. You're fine with any scraps thrown your way. Why can I not be serious? Who said we got nothing? Doesn't mean we aren't missing out on other things. Not like we have actually gotten much on the Rox pirates anyhow and for all we know we'll get little like we got little on what BM actually received through her various marriages or what Sabo's squad actually learned of Doffy's activities.
    So the only thing we're missing is your own personal story preferences. Great.





  15. #35
    baji17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Albania
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a giant incoherent run-on sentence. Never read something that sounds like the person is drunk but lacking typos.

    Then why mention other escaped besides BB's crew and then mention them again post skip? I guess you're point is that he already treats existing characters poorly(which I already addressed as another problem) but that is besides my point entirely. It's about the constant nugget dropping here and there that in old one piece would lead somewhere but never do because Oda either forgets or has become fickle in his middle age.

    I was responding to Allara framing the Katakuri problem as a power-level one when it's one about story progression. That was the nail in the coffin confirming whatI think you're talking about.
    BB let everyone in the cages fight with each other and took the best of the best and most probably left the cages open so a lot of other pirates and criminals from level 6 ran away and Oda only mentioned that to describe the severity of the situation so in what world does that imply that we will have a main villain that is a pirate or criminal that escaped from impel down two years ago, I swear u obsess over the smallest irrelevant shit on this manga the same with Bobbin half u retards were absolutely dumbfounded when we found out that he is just another fodder instead he was supposed to be this powerhouse because he appeared on a panel with Big Mom and destroyed an unnamed country in One Piece, u know One piece countries who are absolute shit when it comes to military might and anyone around Vice Admiral level should be able to do that.


    Also of course Oda isnt going to expand in every small little thing he writes into his manga, u realize that this manga will not be 2000 chapters long or some shit hes only going to be expanding on shit that is relevant to Luffys journey and the worlds most important events overall, fact is no one actually brings this unbelievable missed opportunity by Oda to have some hypothetical overpowered villain from ID when we already know that everyone worth their salt left and joined BBs crew anyway, out of all things one can obsess about in One Piece this one is by far the dumbest I have heard. "Why isnt ODA drawing the manga the way I want with the villains I want" what the fuck is this dumb shit
    Last edited by baji17; 02-05-2019 at 12:32 AM.

  16. #36
    I think I've said this many times before, but for me, I didn't like the 2/3/4th fourths of WCI. I liked the hype going in, I liked how they infiltrated, I liked the Capone plan, but I didn't like everything else.

    Sanji wasn't portrayed well, making him look like more of a joke than he already is. As a Sanji fan, this saddens me greatly.
    I didn't like Katakuri suddenly growing weak because of one wound, when he was a better version of Luffy in every way except durability.
    Pudding's character is a travesty, I don't know why most of the OP reddit assumes they're a thing.
    Never liked WEDDING CAKIEEEE and BM's de-hype.
    And now as a result, I'm completely ambivalent about Wano. The memory loss isn't helping.

  17. #37
    Honestly I didn't really enjoy WCI, a lot of Dressrossa or much of PH, yet I still think of myself as a huge OP fan. I think every time I think "god this is bad", Oda does something that completely revives by fanboy-ism

    The fan base has always been strong though - verging on absolute wankers. Back in 2013 if anyone said anything even remotely negative you would be hounded out, insulted, negged to oblivion, 'fuck off back to Naruto' comments etc etc. I remember saying I didn't like Moriah/Thriller Bark and felt OP could be too childish at times, and was basically lynched by the OL

    Youtube reactors seem to be much more positive towards the series though. I think a lot of that is because they marathon. A theme I've noticed with OP, Naruto, HxH, Kingdom and even Beserk is that when most people are up to date, they become more negative.

  18. #38
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,595
    Dayum's complaints have nothing to do with what he wants, but with how Oda used to write the story. All the tidbits and hints he'd leave would eventually lead to something and wouldn't be dropped or retconned for no reason at all. Attention to detail was what made Oda stand out, but a lot of it has been lost across the years. The setup is still there, but the execution is lacking. You're bashing him for Bobbins, but you're unable to see that he's just brought up as one of the dozens of Bobbins out there, his mother included. And while someone like Bobbins could never influence the story in the same manner BM could, an established villain like DD can, and he too has been retconned in his hour of demise. BM, while given a chance for redemption, is currently most likely the worst significant character of OP, the fanbase is pretty clear on this.

    You need to grow past your inability to accept criticism on something you like, because no one who posted in this thread hates OP, especially not to the point you're making it out to be. Whether you like it or not, OP has dropped in quality compared to its past self, and that's all that matters in this thread. Unfortunately, a lot of it were just odd decisions by Oda after a good setup has already been laid out, all for the sake of what Oda perceived cool in the moment.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dayum's complaints have nothing to do with what he wants, but with how Oda used to write the story. All the tidbits and hints he'd leave would eventually lead to something and wouldn't be dropped or retconned for no reason at all. Attention to detail was what made Oda stand out, but a lot of it has been lost across the years. The setup is still there, but the execution is lacking. You're bashing him for Bobbins, but you're unable to see that he's just brought up as one of the dozens of Bobbins out there, his mother included. And while someone like Bobbins could never influence the story in the same manner BM could, an established villain like DD can, and he too has been retconned in his hour of demise. BM, while given a chance for redemption, is currently most likely the worst significant character of OP, the fanbase is pretty clear on this.

    You need to grow past your inability to accept criticism on something you like, because no one who posted in this thread hates OP, especially not to the point you're making it out to be. Whether you like it or not, OP has dropped in quality compared to its past self, and that's all that matters in this thread. Unfortunately, a lot of it were just odd decisions by Oda after a good setup has already been laid out, all for the sake of what Oda perceived cool in the moment.
    That's the point. They aren't. Most of the fanbase thinks all the BM stuff is awesome and praising Oda for it.

  20. #40
    선생님 Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the point. They aren't. Most of the fanbase thinks all the BM stuff is awesome and praising Oda for it.
    Okay, the TMF* fanbase is pretty clear about this. Don't browse other forums. Not like you'd look for critical opinions in places like Reddit anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •