Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57
  1. #1

    General fanbase reception of the manga

    Seems like the majority of the fanbase enjoy the manga even when the story hits low points in terms of quality (e.g: WCI chase).

  2. #2
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    13,682
    OP's worst is still better than most stuff current manga pull out there. Also 20-30 bad chapters in a span of 930 won't change the opinion of most fans.





  3. #3
    I am fine with those low points as long as Oda starts delivering again afterwards.Just like how he is doing right now
    MOUBU WANKER

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgot My Password Again View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am fine with those low points as long as Oda starts delivering again afterwards.Just like how he is doing right now
    Now? We're basically still in the Arc's infancy. Seems to be his trend. Good starts then it spirals out of control into mediocre, trite, or totally garage developments with a few good bits sprinkled in the chaos.

    Seems to be taking Wano slower but the fear is that all these players being introduced onto the scene will just litter some reaction panels. Always an exercise of managing expectations with every new character and keeping our imaginations and predictions in check because Oda can and has gone in strange directions.
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-04-2019 at 02:14 PM.

  5. #5
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    65,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OP's worst is still better than most stuff current manga pull out there. Also 20-30 bad chapters in a span of 930 won't change the opinion of most fans.
    You must not read a lot of currently running manga.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now? We're basically still in the Arc's infancy. Seems to be his trend. Good starts then it spirals out of control into mediocre, trite, or totally garage developments.

    Seems to be taking Wano slower but the fear is that all these players being introduced onto the scene will just litter some reaction panels. Always an exercise of managing expectations with every new character and keeping our imaginations and predictions in check because Oda can and has gone in strange directions.
    Preskip was consistently good



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  6. #6
    baji17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Albania
    Posts
    1,851
    WCI wasnt a bad arc in itself, we got some cool shit overall and probably the best fight in the manga up to date (for me at least) but the Big Mom chase ruined the arc for a lot of people and to some degree for me too and while I like Wano until now I am worried for its future now that Oda decided to add Big Mom into it and the whole Amnesia thing not to mention that hes diving into dangerous territory with the whole time travel and shit, its never a good thing for a manga it just adds the possibility for plot holes.

    In terms of enjoyment though the manga is still pretty enjoyable the quality is not consistent at all though, the quality fluctuates a lot especially when it comes to the execution of an arc and its been a running theme with Dressrosa and WCI now, Wano though is probably way more important than these two arcs so I am hoping for better this time around.

  7. #7
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    13,682
    Quote Originally Posted by baji17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WCI wasnt a bad arc in itself, we got some cool shit overall and probably the best fight in the manga up to date (for me at least) but the Big Mom chase ruined the arc for a lot of people and to some degree for me too and while I like Wano until now I am worried for its future now that Oda decided to add Big Mom into it and the whole Amnesia thing not to mention that hes diving into dangerous territory with the whole time travel and shit, its never a good thing for a manga it just adds the possibility for plot holes.

    In terms of enjoyment though the manga is still pretty enjoyable the quality is not consistent at all though, the quality fluctuates a lot especially when it comes to the execution of an arc and its been a running theme with Dressrosa and WCI now, Wano though is probably way more important than these two arcs so I am hoping for better this time around.
    I was worried about the time fruit too but Oda made a plot point just to have Kozuki clan members travel in time. Nothing else came from it and it appears we won't get anything else either.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You must not read a lot of currently running manga.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Preskip was consistently good
    Aren't you the guy who said that the only good pre skip arcs were Alabasta and MF ?

    Also I do read most weekly stuff and they still don't come close to what Oda has achieved. Even the next "best" in WSJ which are MHA and BC can't keep up and are consistently giving 12 pages chapters while having zero progression at all during most of them. Oda is doing this for 22 years and his quality is still high most of the time.





  8. #8
    I still love OP, even though I dont think any arc will ever top Skypeia.

    Rereading Bleach. Current Progress: 51/686

  9. #9
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    35,550
    That's because it is enjoyable, forum-goers are just way too critical.

  10. #10
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    65,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was worried about the time fruit too but Oda made a plot point just to have Kozuki clan members travel in time. Nothing else came from it and it appears we won't get anything else either.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Aren't you the guy who said that the only good pre skip arcs were Alabasta and MF ?

    Also I do read most weekly stuff and they still don't come close to what Oda has achieved. Even the next "best" in WSJ which are MHA and BC can't keep up and are consistently giving 12 pages chapters while having zero progression at all during most of them. Oda is doing this for 22 years and his quality is still high most of the time.
    BC's been doing way more than OP lately. Don't even try to act like it isn't

    The story is moving while OP runs in circles of making Big Mom a clown spectacle.

    If you wanna try to pull up shorter chapters as some big "I GOTCHA" I recall a lot of MF chapters to be short.

    Not only that Tabata doesn't take a week off every month like Oda. He's only been off when the magazine itself is on break. So don't even try.

    And before you try to cry "ZOMG, ONE PIECE HAS SO MANY ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!!!" we're talking about the current things going on and the low points of the series.

    You even said its lowest points were > The other recent manga , which is an outright lie.



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  11. #11
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    13,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BC's been doing way more than OP lately. Don't even try to act like it isn't

    The story is moving while OP runs in circles of making Big Mom a clown spectacle.

    If you wanna try to pull up shorter chapters as some big "I GOTCHA" I recall a lot of MF chapters to be short.

    Not only that Tabata doesn't take a week off every month like Oda. He's only been off when the magazine itself is on break. So don't even try.

    And before you try to cry "ZOMG, ONE PIECE HAS SO MANY ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!!!" we're talking about the current things going on and the low points of the series.

    You even said its lowest points were > The other recent manga , which is an outright lie.
    Not at all ? 2018 had OP go through with Luffy vs Katakuri, all the reverie stuff and constant progression coming out in Wano. BC has been in a constant loop of non stop fighting which is outright tiresome to get through just as some HxH chapters with the endless texts.

    The MF chapters were short because Oda was pulling like 5-6 double spreads not because of low page count. Plus he was involved in SW. Here Tabata is delivering short paged chapters constantly.

    Also the break stuff argument you brought up is terrible. Oda in the first like 200 chapters only took one break. He's only taking breaks in the last years because he's been in the same schedule for 22 years, BC isn't even close to that number of years.

    People shit on WCI yet Luffy vs Katakuri blows out any fight others weekly shonen series have brought up. Dressrosa still has content better than most.

    Also are you trying to say that Wano is bad ?





  12. #12
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    65,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not at all ? 2018 had OP go through with Luffy vs Katakuri, all the reverie stuff and constant progression coming out in Wano. BC has been in a constant loop of non stop fighting which is outright tiresome to get through just as some HxH chapters with the endless texts.

    The MF chapters were short because Oda was pulling like 5-6 double spreads not because of low page count. Plus he was involved in SW. Here Tabata is delivering short paged chapters constantly.

    Also the break stuff argument you brought up is terrible. Oda in the first like 200 chapters only took one break. He's only taking breaks in the last years because he's been in the same schedule for 22 years, BC isn't even close to that number of years.

    People shit on WCI yet Luffy vs Katakuri blows out any fight others weekly shonen series have brought up. Dressrosa still has content better than most.

    Also are you trying to say that Wano is bad ?
    Half of 2018 was a Yonkou screaming WEDDING CAKE!!!!! and getting clowned on.

    And what?

    >More lore explanation on the conflict between the humans the elves
    >Character progression for almost every character
    >The Clover loses both Julius and William


    And? Black Clover is at 191 chapters and Tabata has taken zero breaks (Mashima didn't take a break for 20 years from the start of Rave Master to the end of FT )

    And you're the one who brought up shortened chapters, which amounts to nothing when Oda takes constant breaks.

    Which even further debunks your statements of CURRENT One Piece when you have to bring up stuff from over a decade ago.

    >Luffy Vs Katakuri

    You mean when Oda pulled a new rule for how Haki works out of his ass 300 chapters into the time skip purely so Luffy could get a power up by learning advanced CoO in a couple hours to where it beat someone who had it for decades?

    Come back when you can actually stand with your argument, Dellinger.



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  13. #13
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    13,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Half of 2018 was a Yonkou screaming WEDDING CAKE!!!!! and getting clowned on.
    I don't know in what world do you live but WCI ended in chapter 902 which was april 2018. After that we got 1,5 billion Luffy, we got the reverie stuff ( I don't think I Have to explain shit here) and Wano. So you are wrong again.

    And what

    >More lore explanation on the conflict between the humans the elves
    >Character progression for almost every character
    >The Clover loses both Julius and William
    So you have brought up like 3 things. Also what lore explanation ? We only got a 1 chapter exposition and the dark palace stuff. Nothing more.

    Also just looking at the last 10 chapters of BC, the only things we've gotten aside from fighting is the dark palace revelation. Obviously when you are a talentless hack like Tabata the only way you can expand the duration of your series is by throwing constant long fights.

    Meanwhile what did we get in last 10 chapters of OP ?

    Kaido's fruit revelation
    Shutenmaru, an important character of the arc
    Kaido vs Luffy
    Kid's involvement
    First time skip appearance of Blackbeard and Moriah, things about the reverie
    The other 2 Disasters appear
    Komurasaki who probably is Oden's daughter
    Orochi, the other main antagonist of the arc appears
    Orochi and Kaido are making deals with the WG now
    Drake also appears,alongside Page One as part of the second strongest group in the Beasts Pirates.
    The Big Mom Pirates arrive
    Sanji fights against a flying six member while donning the Raid Suit
    Further development with Big Mom

    Aside from the castle and 2 fights, what have we gotten in the last 10 chapters of BC ?

    And? Black Clover is at 191 chapters and Tabata has taken zero breaks (Mashima didn't take a break for 20 years from the start of Rave Master to the end of FT )

    And you're the one who brought up shortened chapters, which amounts to nothing when Oda takes constant breaks.
    https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...r-weeks-hiatus

    Also I'm pretty sure Mashima took a break after Rave and another break after FT. It's one thing to sit a couple of years, it's another to not sit at all.

    Also do you compare a chapter with like 5-6 double pages to chapters with only 12 single pages ?


    >Luffy Vs Katakuri

    You mean when Oda pulled a new rule for how Haki works out of his ass 300 chapters into the time skip purely so Luffy could get a power up by learning advanced CoO in a couple hours to where it beat someone who had it for decades?
    I'm pretty sure you don't know how it works. Haki is willpower and guess how Luffy goes through most things ? Also you probably forget the things Teach said to him but that's always the norm with you.

    Come back when you can actually stand with your argument, Dellinger.
    Oh the irony





  14. #14
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    65,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know in what world do you live but WCI ended in chapter 902 which was april 2018. After that we got 1,5 billion Luffy, we got the reverie stuff ( I don't think I Have to explain shit here) and Wano. So you are wrong again.



    So you have brought up like 3 things. Also what lore explanation ? We only got a 1 chapter exposition and the dark palace stuff. Nothing more.

    Also just looking at the last 10 chapters of BC, the only things we've gotten aside from fighting is the dark palace revelation. Obviously when you are a talentless hack like Tabata the only way you can expand the duration of your series is by throwing constant long fights.

    Meanwhile what did we get in last 10 chapters of OP ?

    Kaido's fruit revelation
    Shutenmaru, an important character of the arc
    Kaido vs Luffy
    Kid's involvement
    First time skip appearance of Blackbeard and Moriah, things about the reverie
    The other 2 Disasters appear
    Komurasaki who probably is Oden's daughter
    Orochi, the other main antagonist of the arc appears
    Orochi and Kaido are making deals with the WG now
    Drake also appears,alongside Page One as part of the second strongest group in the Beasts Pirates.
    The Big Mom Pirates arrive
    Sanji fights against a flying six member while donning the Raid Suit
    Further development with Big Mom

    Aside from the castle and 2 fights, what have we gotten in the last 10 chapters of BC ?



    https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...r-weeks-hiatus

    Also I'm pretty sure Mashima took a break after Rave and another break after FT. It's one thing to sit a couple of years, it's another to not sit at all.

    Also do you compare a chapter with like 5-6 double pages to chapters with only 12 single pages ?




    I'm pretty sure you don't know how it works. Haki is willpower and guess how Luffy goes through most things ? Also you probably forget the things Teach said to him but that's always the norm with you.



    Oh the irony
    Wow, Reverie

    You mean another showing of "CELESTIAL DRAGONS ARE REALLY MEAN!!!" and then we cut to Wano once any of the actual important stuff began?

    3 things? Character development for an individual character is a single thing. Almost EVERY named character in the series has gotten development in this arc

    The last 10 chapters of BC were two fights happening at the same time.

    How can you even complain about long fights when Luffy Vs Katakuri was 1/4th of WCI?


    Not to mention the fact another 1/4th was running away from Big Mom

    And Huh? Most of Wano has been Luffy fighting people!

    Meanwhile what does Kaidou's devil fruit reveal amount to? Being a bigger version of the Wano prince?

    Shutenmaru only further proved Jack is fodder.

    Kaidou Vs Luffy was just a chapter of fighting. You were just complaining about fighting only to praise a fight?

    More nonsense shit with Orochi that amounts to nothing currently.


    And Big Mom is a joke and no one but you takes her seriously.

    >Haki advances if you're backed into a corner!
    >Reveals that 300+ chapters into a time skip just to give Luffy a win against someone who should've fodderized him within the first 5 minutes but didn't cause reasons



    Come get me when something of actual worth happens.



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  15. #15
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    13,682
    Exposing Rax's hatred for OP is always hilarious. Not only half the shit he says don't make sense (like the reverie stuff) but he's just keeping constantly calling everything garbage without any proper context.

    We get it Rax, nothing's good in OP, good job.





  16. #16
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    65,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exposing Rax's hatred for OP is always hilarious. Not only half the shit he says don't make sense (like the reverie stuff) but he's just keeping constantly calling everything garbage without any proper context.

    We get it Rax, nothing's good in OP, good job.
    What we saw in Reverie was just more Celestial dragons are meanies and then cut away before anything important went down.

    I also never said there wasn't anything good in OP. I've been saying, constantly, that the current arcs aren't very good.

    As well as that saying the worst OP arcs are still > Currently running manga arcs. No idea how that translates into me never liking anything in OP at all ever.



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  17. #17
    Kazutrash - A Real Man hentaisenpai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What we saw in Reverie was just more Celestial dragons are meanies and then cut away before anything important went down.

    I also never said there wasn't anything good in OP. I've been saying, constantly, that the current arcs aren't very good.

    As well as that saying the worst OP arcs are still > Currently running manga arcs. No idea how that translates into me never liking anything in OP at all ever.
    That's what you got from Reverie? Not the important shit that went down in the arc like Shanks infiltrating mariejois to talk about important shit, the big Straw Hat, or the revelation of IM? Did you expect everything to be revealed right away, cause that's not how manga works.

  18. #18
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    65,258
    Quote Originally Posted by hentaisenpai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what you got from Reverie? Not the important shit that went down in the arc like Shanks infiltrating mariejois to talk about important shit, the big Straw Hat, or the revelation of IM? Did you expect everything to be revealed right away, cause that's not how manga works.
    Whoa

    Off panel stuff we didn't see...

    And Im didn't get to display anything. Only that he exists.



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  19. #19
    If we take a sample of the entire One Piece fandom the number would still probably overwhelming think its head and shoulders the best thing that shonen jump has produced. I think the manga is true enough to its power levels that the average op fan wouldnt obsess over something like Luffy beating Katakuri
    "When I heard — well, of course, it was all my fault. Could have kicked myself.”

    Harry had no idea what he was talking about. He was about to say so when Lockhart went on,

    “Don’t know when I’ve been more shocked. Flying a car to Hogwarts! Well, of course, I knew at once why you’d done it. Stood out a mile. Harry, Harry, Harry.”

    It was remarkable how he could show every one of those brilliant teeth even when he wasn’t talking.

    “Gave you a taste for publicity, didn’t I?” said Lockhart. “Gave you the bug. You got onto the front page of the paper with me and you couldn’t wait to do it again.”

    “Oh, no, Professor, see —”

    “Harry, Harry, Harry,” said Lockhart, reaching out and grasping his shoulder. “I understand. Natural to want a bit more once you’ve had that first taste — and I blame myself for giving you that, because it was bound to go to your head — but see here, young man, you can’t start flying cars to try and get yourself noticed. Just calm down, all right? Plenty of time for all that when you’re older. Yes, yes, I know what you’re thinking! ‘It’s all right for him, he’s an internationally famous wizard already!’ But when I was twelve, I was just as much of a nobody as you are now. In fact, I’d say I was even more of a nobody! I mean, a few people have heard of you, haven’t they? All that business with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!” He glanced at the lightning scar on Harry’s forehead. “I know, I know — it’s not quite as good as winning Witch Weekly’s Most Charming Smile Award five times ina row, as I have — but it’s a start, Harry, it’s a start.”​

  20. #20
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    65,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we take a sample of the entire One Piece fandom the number would still probably overwhelming think its head and shoulders the best thing that shonen jump has produced. I think the manga is true enough to its power levels that the average op fan wouldnt obsess over something like Luffy beating Katakuri
    /thread




    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •