Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because you can use it doesn't make you an expert.
    And end of story... Come on Rax, you read enough fairy tail to know that not how an author gonna end things. (I am just recently resuming watching the last two anime arc of fairy tail). Like building up to Wendy's demise after she awaken dragon force, then she was rescue. Of course, Sanji being one of the main fighter will developed a unique set of skill. And since a SBS in the past, Oda already pointed out Sanji, of the monster trio, is best at CoO (this was before Luffy awaken future sight). Meaning Oda is leaving room to develop more of this. And his CoO most likely gonna be different than Usopp.

Because frankly your future version of the story is so damn boring.

Any author once wrote themselves in a corner will try to dig out of it. Whether or not Oda will be successful, I will wait and see.

does 'page 1' even have any haki feats?
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    someone like Enel puts Sanji to shame.
    Enel is very hard to gauge. Since we cannot attribute how much of it is due to his CoO and how much of it is due to his df. His df magnify his CoO tremendously as stated in the manga.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg boy View Post
    No, but we should assume he has some sort of haki feat. Most likely it is CoA. But beyond Page 1, Rax made a good point (actually almost everyone brought that up since the chapter came out) since most of the future opponents should be somewhat competent in CoO.
    Last edited by Listen, buddy; 02-03-2019 at 02:28 PM.

A New World guy like him who's a member of the second strongest group of a Yonko not having haki seems iffy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not seeing how they're any different from standard CoO uses, or impressive at all, but alright. Without going into an extreme case like Fujitora who can sense objects that don't posses a will, someone like Enel puts Sanji to shame.

Either way, expert or not, there's got to be some reasoning behind the suit being able to cancel out haki, because that is absolutely unprecedented. Unless we get an explanation, it's PIS and nothing else.
    Enel gets a a massive boost thanks to his devil fruit. Fujitora is another case since he's blind and has to entirely rely on his CoO.

We don't disagree on that

think it's a bit unfair to criticize oda for inconsistencies based on a complete assumption

even if we're sure he has some brand of haki it's not really a given that he has CoO
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

think it's a bit unfair to criticize oda for inconsistencies based on a complete assumption

even if we're sure he has some brand of haki it's not really a given that he has CoO
    We're long past the point where any relevant fighter isn't able to use both CoA and CoO. Where do you get your assumption from that such a fighter exists in the first place?

And Page1 aside, Sanji has CoO, and still didn't detect Niji. Seeing how CoO can sense objects (meteors), emotions (Caribou), life (animals on the island), or in other words, pretty much anything, there has to be an explanation on why the suit would be able to protect you from it. Haki is the absolute #1 with everything else succumbing to its powers, so a random piece of tech that doesn't even come from Vegapunk being able to nullify it is a massive leap.

your definition of assumption is a bit off... unless i missed something there's no tangible proof, or even hint of 'page 1' specifically being able to use CoO. don't see any reason to assume he's capable of something he hasn't shown even a slight knack for. not like he's one of the three calamities.

can't really comment on the niji thing because i don't remember it.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

your definition of assumption is a bit off... unless i missed something there's no tangible proof, or even hint of 'page 1' specifically being able to use CoO. don't see any reason to assume he's capable of something he hasn't shown even a slight knack for. not like he's one of the three calamities.

can't really comment on the niji thing because i don't remember it.
    No, you're just randomly assuming things with no basis. You're the one assuming something we have no reason to believe, not me. We know competent fighters can use Haki, and assuming otherwise is 100% baseless. What's next, there's no reason to assume Dragon can use Haki because we haven't seen him use it?
    We also know you can't be a VA without Haki, and Page1 has plenty going for him to assume he's stronger than most VAs. He's also in a group that takes up Kaido's 5-10 spots, right after the Calamities. If you've got any proof whatsoever that a Yonko's top 10 can't use Haki, you're free to present it. Would be probably wise to remember that DD's executives can use Haki, so you're free to explain the reason behind a Yonko's executive not being able to use it.

That's got to be the cheapest cop-out ever.

Haki is meant to equalize the playing field. CoA and CoO should work on virtually anything, especially CoO which has no known counter so far. That said, it has been quite inconsistent at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Listen, buddy View Post
    And end of story... Come on Rax, you read enough fairy tail to know that not how an author gonna end things. (I am just recently resuming watching the last two anime arc of fairy tail). Like building up to Wendy's demise after she awaken dragon force, then she was rescue. Of course, Sanji being one of the main fighter will developed a unique set of skill. And since a SBS in the past, Oda already pointed out Sanji, of the monster trio, is best at CoO (this was before Luffy awaken future sight). Meaning Oda is leaving room to develop more of this. And his CoO most likely gonna be different than Usopp.

Because frankly your future version of the story is so damn boring.

Any author once wrote themselves in a corner will try to dig out of it. Whether or not Oda will be successful, I will wait and see.
    FT is still going.

And I didn't say Sanji can't become a CoO expert, just that he isn't at the moment.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Kazutrash - A Real Man hentaisenpai's Avatar
    I was also wondering about this. Stealth is something Oda probably shouldn't use especially with CoO.

Quote Originally Posted by hentaisenpai View Post
    I was also wondering about this. Stealth is something Oda probably shouldn't use especially with CoO.
    CoO basically doens't exist until Oda feels like it should. They get caught-off guard and are able to hide from each other all the time.

Watch Drake find a hiding Law and it being treated like some super special skill only predatory zoan CoO users can accomplish or it not be CoO related at all.

If Sanji oppenent is contantly using CoO to track him he will be weaker/less focused in other parts of the fight.

Yeah, CoO is more of an active ability than a passive. Using it will drain the user, they can't keep it up all the time.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    Yeah, CoO is more of an active ability than a passive. Using it will drain the user, they can't keep it up all the time.
    Where's this from?

Where's this from?
    Active is just an inference. It draining is known.

Active is just an inference. It draining is known.
    Where from though? I don't recall reading something like that.

Where from though? I don't recall reading something like that.
    Luffy mentions it when he's fighting Katakuri. Or rather, when he's resting with Brulee.

Lemme find it.

- - - Updated - - -

@Zentos;

Won't necessarily "drain the user", though it does worsen their ability to use Haki.

Luffy mentions it when he's fighting Katakuri. Or rather, when he's resting with Brulee.

Won't necessarily "drain the user", though it does worsen their ability to use Haki.
    Eh, don't know. Might be because he uses advanced CoO, or whatever it's called. How else does someone like Akainu and Aokiji fight for 10 days, surely not without Haki?

We've also had instances of passive CoO, like when they sensed Caribou, or Luffy sensing the axe aimed at Shirahoshi. Well, whatever.

Eh, don't know. Might be because he uses advanced CoO, or whatever it's called. How else does someone like Akainu and Aokiji fight for 10 days, surely not without Haki?

We've also had instances of passive CoO, like when they sensed Caribou, or Luffy sensing the axe aimed at Shirahoshi. Well, whatever.
    Top tier stamina. Expect them to be endurance monsters. And I doubt Luffy was referring specifically to FS. Either way, yeah, I'm aware of those passive instances. Don't really know how to reconcile it.