Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shouldn't CoO completely render Sanji's stealth meaningless?

???

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

CoO has never really been much more than a convenient tool to push the plot in the necessary direction. Back at FI they could feel Caribou passively, yet when it comes to combat it seems to be an active ability more than anything.

But yet, the stealth shouldn't be useful for any longer than it took Page1 to realise an invisible enemy was attacking him.

Gotcha

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

There is some hint (admittedly filler) that CoO can also use to hide one presence. So who know.

Simply inconsistent. There are multiple instances of CoO simply seeming as if it just doesn't work for the sake of it cnot working.

Maybe Page One's COO isn't strong enough.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Really wish Haki never became a staple thing. Would make things a lot easier.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Pretty sure Sanji doesn't simply become invisible to the eye. Sanji who is an expert CoO user couldn't detect Niji when the later used stealth.

The suit is called Stealth back. Its not really that surprising to think it resists stuff like CoO, the only problem I have with it is that it hasnt been explained why it works like that. CoO was never really handled well. The only good fight where it was handled well was Enels

Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The suit is called Stealth back. Its not really that surprising to think it resists stuff like CoO, the only problem I have with it is that it hasnt been explained why it works like that. CoO was never really handled well. The only good fight where it was handled well was Enels
    Okay

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

How does one resist Haki?

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    Pretty sure Sanji doesn't simply become invisible to the eye. Sanji who is an expert CoO user couldn't detect Niji when the later used stealth.
    What the basis for Sanji being a CoO expert?

Haki (and seastone) pretty much trump everything, so a piece of tech somehow circumventing that is a big stretch, at least until we're told there's some kind of basis for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    What the basis for Sanji being a CoO expert?

Haki (and seastone) pretty much trump everything, so a piece of tech somehow circumventing that is a big stretch, at least until we're told there's some kind of basis for this.
    Sanji has always shown good CoO feats. Not spotting Niji must mean something. We should see more as Sanji explores Black Stealth. If it also conceals the user's presence then there is no way for a Haki user to detect him.

Sanji has always shown good CoO feats. Not spotting Niji must mean something. We should see more as Sanji explores Black Stealth. If it also conceals the user's presence then there is no way for a Haki user to detect him.
    How does that make him an expert?

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    How does that make him an expert?
    His Haki affinity is CoO, he has shown multiple good feats. So how he isn't an expert CoO user ? Not every user has to show future sight to be great at it.

I'm confused here because I honestly don't remember anything special about his CoO. Other than sensing Caribou, just like Luffy and Zoro, what else has he shown? Am I forgetting something?

I'm just not seeing how basic CoO usage would make him an expert, or his CoO something extraordinary. As for him not sensing Niji, it could mean something, or it could be one of the many inconsistencies regarding CoO, like I've mentioned in my first post.

I'm confused here because I honestly don't remember anything special about his CoO. Other than sensing Caribou, just like Luffy and Zoro, what else has he shown? Am I forgetting something?

I'm just not seeing how basic CoO usage would make him an expert, or his CoO something extraordinary. As for him not sensing Niji, it could mean something, or it could be one of the many inconsistencies regarding CoO, like I've mentioned in my first post.
    Well he could use CoO even when he was in Nami's body, he avoided Katakuri's bullet, he could spot a sniper in Dressrosa from a decent distance.

That's why we should wait and see more of Black Stealth

Since the post above me already mentioned the bullet.

But CoO had shown to have a wide range of things and with many branches. Each branches have different level. Super specialize in one branch may not necessary an expertise of another branch.

Abilities ranging from seeing the future, sensing emotions/empathy, seeing from far away, accessing strength, etc.

I am talking out of my ass here. But yeah, I agree affinity is not expertise. But Sanji has a "potential" to develop a set of CoO skill that uniquely just for him.

His Haki affinity is CoO, he has shown multiple good feats. So how he isn't an expert CoO user ? Not every user has to show future sight to be great at it.
    Just because you can use it doesn't make you an expert.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Well he could use CoO even when he was in Nami's body, he avoided Katakuri's bullet, he could spot a sniper in Dressrosa from a decent distance.

That's why we should wait and see more of Black Stealth
    I'm not seeing how they're any different from standard CoO uses, or impressive at all, but alright. Without going into an extreme case like Fujitora who can sense objects that don't posses a will, someone like Enel puts Sanji to shame.

Either way, expert or not, there's got to be some reasoning behind the suit being able to cancel out haki, because that is absolutely unprecedented. Unless we get an explanation, it's PIS and nothing else.