Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Minister of Yulefest Charlotte Krampus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Totland, Yule
    Posts
    926

    Let's share your Elbaf arc predictions

    Here's mine:

    After the simultaneous downfall of Kaido and Big Mom, the Straw Hats once again set sail for a new adventure, but this time they have no clue where to search for he final Road Poneglyph, when a battered Rockstar shows up at the Thousand Sunny with a final message from Shanks.

    The other week, the Red Hair Pirates and the Blackbeard Pirates had a decisive battle at Elbaf which resulted in the utter defeat of he Red Hair Pirates and Shanks' death, the remnants of he Red Hair Pirates are now shattered all across the New World. Due to his terrifying defeat of his fellow Yonkou Shanks, Blackbeard is now titled the "World's Strongest Man" in the newspapers.

    Shanks' last message — "The final Road Poneglyph is hidden in the skies above Elbaf." but there is one problem. Elbaf is now part of Blackbeard's territory and King Loki is his most trusted ally. The former King "Odin the Grey" was allied with Shanks and has disappeared from the world stage since.

    Loki, also known as the "Trickster Giant", is known as a very cunning character and also the strongest giant alive. With his famed army of 8,000 giant warriors, Elbaf is said to be the world's strongest nation and able to tip the scales in any global affair, to a point where even the World Government fears their might. Blackbeard and Loki have also recently teamed-up with the remnants oft he Rox for a war that will engulf the entire world, continuing what Doflamingo and Kaido have started.

    Elbaf itself is an island where the "World Tree" is located, a ancient gigantic 10.000 meters tall oak with a crown that extends far into the sky islands (think Jack and the Beanstalk). This is where the "Old Giants" and the current royalty resides. The lower class giants live in villages at the foot of he World Tree and on it's branches. The final Road Poneglyph is an ornament and part of he "Giant Throne". No humans except for Shanks and Blackbeard have been up there for almost 1000 years.


    Just as the Straw Hats set sail for Elbaf, Blackbeard's Jolly Rogers are being raised all across the island and the hunt for former Shanks supporters is on. A cloaked silhouette is sitting on a pile of defeated giants, waiting for the Thousand Sunny to appear on the horizon – the man is none other than "Yasopp the Chaser".

    Kaido
    Sakazuki Blackbeard
    Mihawk
    – Dragon – Shanks Big Mom Kuzan
    Kizaru
    – Fujitora – Ryokugyu – Rayleigh – Garp – Kong – Sengoku
    Weevil
    – Benn Beckman – Katakuri – Marco – King – Shiryuu – Snakeman



  2. #2
    AUDIO ASSASSIN D's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wano
    Posts
    4,459
    I like it alot Charlotte although the thought of losing Shanks so soon makes me sad. The jack n the bean stalk reference seems like it could be possible.
    Reading One Piece, Toriko , Holy Land, Solo Leveling, Dr Stone//

  3. #3
    It will be only around 20 to 25 chapters.....

    ....according to some people.


    I don't personally think BM is going down now. She'll probably show up extremely late in Wano like Kuma did at TB. I can imagine she wants to use her DF on Yggrassil and eat the fruit it bears on top of making a baby with OP's Oden or push another of her children on Loki or Thor.
    Last edited by Dayum; 01-11-2019 at 04:02 PM.

  4. #4
    Minister of Yulefest Charlotte Krampus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Totland, Yule
    Posts
    926
    For anyone claiming there won't be a proper Elbaf arc:



    Oda's favorite childhood series and a major inspiration for One Piece as stated in early SBS was Vicky the Viking. Furthermore, Vikings are Oda's favorite pirates. There is a zero percent chance that Oda will skip the "Viking arc", there has been way too much hype build up around it as early as Little Garden and recently WCI.

    It will be the last major arc before the final prelude.
    Kaido
    Sakazuki Blackbeard
    Mihawk
    – Dragon – Shanks Big Mom Kuzan
    Kizaru
    – Fujitora – Ryokugyu – Rayleigh – Garp – Kong – Sengoku
    Weevil
    – Benn Beckman – Katakuri – Marco – King – Shiryuu – Snakeman



  5. #5
    So even though Big mom has many open questions concerning Elbaf you think she goes down at Wano?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    17,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will be only around 20 to 25 chapters.....

    ....according to some people.


    I don't personally think BM is going down now. She'll probably show up extremely late in Wano like Kuma did at TB. I can imagine she wants to use her DF on Yggrassil and eat the fruit it bears on top of making a baby with OP's Oden or push another of her children on Loki or Thor.
    There are 270 chapters left in the series. After the Wano conflict, there’s still plenty of time for Elbaf and the final war.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rest is history: Kong very skillfully discovered our group (that was not even hidden) and spent long wet days exploring every thread, going through every post and stalking our entire stack byte by byte, until he found about 2 or 3 questionable instances, and proceeded to make the dish richer with creative additions like hardcore lolicon porn or the infamous star children pics -whatever it's supposed to mean- and soon after i logged in to me being the Al Capone of children trafficking, ordering constant refill of actual holo 3D virtual reality cp videos, and something about emma watson whose meaning and origin i've yet to understand, since it's definitely the most bizarre claim on top of a cake of more or less unbelievable bullshit. At that point, i wasn't much shocked of Kong, cuz he was just being the slimy Kong we all know and love, but of GP, who i've always seen as the scales balancer between me and Pops in the past, and now he'd be very unbalancedly deploying all his rethorics against me and that circle of people, making a long shade of made up stuff, banning us one by one without giving the chance to speak, hiding the group from everyone's eyes with all the evidence it contained, and proceeding to a fervent damnatio memoriae for still long time after the ban.

  7. #7
    Minister of Yulefest Charlotte Krampus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Totland, Yule
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So even though Big mom has many open questions concerning Elbaf you think she goes down at Wano?
    Well, for one I don't think Oda will drag Big Mom from WCI, to Wano, all the way to Elbaf as a villain. She's had her fair amount of spotlight during the 78 chapters Totland arc, and will most likely get some more during Wano/Onigashima. So why Elbaf? She bitched that she didn't get Elbaf as an ally, so it's not like there's too much of a connection except for the failed arranged marriage and her early childhood in the Sheep's House.

    Kaido and Big Mom, the former Rox partners, going down in the same arc/war makes way more sense in my opinion. Remember, the Wano arc will escalate at one point, resulting in a war bigger than Marine Ford. Big Mom could be taken out by Marines, Supernovas or even Blackbeard.

    Elbaf is Loki/Shanks/Blackbeard turf.
    Kaido
    Sakazuki Blackbeard
    Mihawk
    – Dragon – Shanks Big Mom Kuzan
    Kizaru
    – Fujitora – Ryokugyu – Rayleigh – Garp – Kong – Sengoku
    Weevil
    – Benn Beckman – Katakuri – Marco – King – Shiryuu – Snakeman



  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    17,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So even though Big mom has many open questions concerning Elbaf you think she goes down at Wano?
    She has no questions concerning Elbaf. The giants hate her. That’s all there is to it. She goes down with Kaido.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rest is history: Kong very skillfully discovered our group (that was not even hidden) and spent long wet days exploring every thread, going through every post and stalking our entire stack byte by byte, until he found about 2 or 3 questionable instances, and proceeded to make the dish richer with creative additions like hardcore lolicon porn or the infamous star children pics -whatever it's supposed to mean- and soon after i logged in to me being the Al Capone of children trafficking, ordering constant refill of actual holo 3D virtual reality cp videos, and something about emma watson whose meaning and origin i've yet to understand, since it's definitely the most bizarre claim on top of a cake of more or less unbelievable bullshit. At that point, i wasn't much shocked of Kong, cuz he was just being the slimy Kong we all know and love, but of GP, who i've always seen as the scales balancer between me and Pops in the past, and now he'd be very unbalancedly deploying all his rethorics against me and that circle of people, making a long shade of made up stuff, banning us one by one without giving the chance to speak, hiding the group from everyone's eyes with all the evidence it contained, and proceeding to a fervent damnatio memoriae for still long time after the ban.

  9. #9
    Minister of Yulefest Charlotte Krampus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Totland, Yule
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She has no questions concerning Elbaf. The giants hate her. That’s all there is to it. She goes down with Kaido.
    Yeah, this. Couldn't have said it any better myself.
    Kaido
    Sakazuki Blackbeard
    Mihawk
    – Dragon – Shanks Big Mom Kuzan
    Kizaru
    – Fujitora – Ryokugyu – Rayleigh – Garp – Kong – Sengoku
    Weevil
    – Benn Beckman – Katakuri – Marco – King – Shiryuu – Snakeman



  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    17,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Krampus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, this. Couldn't have said it any better myself.
    Like you said, why would Oda make Big Mom the antagonist of WCI, Wano, and then Elbaf? It’s overkill. There are too many parallels between her and Kaido for them not to meet their end in the same conflict.

    People are really uneducated about storytelling 101.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rest is history: Kong very skillfully discovered our group (that was not even hidden) and spent long wet days exploring every thread, going through every post and stalking our entire stack byte by byte, until he found about 2 or 3 questionable instances, and proceeded to make the dish richer with creative additions like hardcore lolicon porn or the infamous star children pics -whatever it's supposed to mean- and soon after i logged in to me being the Al Capone of children trafficking, ordering constant refill of actual holo 3D virtual reality cp videos, and something about emma watson whose meaning and origin i've yet to understand, since it's definitely the most bizarre claim on top of a cake of more or less unbelievable bullshit. At that point, i wasn't much shocked of Kong, cuz he was just being the slimy Kong we all know and love, but of GP, who i've always seen as the scales balancer between me and Pops in the past, and now he'd be very unbalancedly deploying all his rethorics against me and that circle of people, making a long shade of made up stuff, banning us one by one without giving the chance to speak, hiding the group from everyone's eyes with all the evidence it contained, and proceeding to a fervent damnatio memoriae for still long time after the ban.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Krampus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, for one I don't think Oda will drag Big Mom from WCI, to Wano, all the way to Elbaf as a villain. She's had her fair amount of spotlight during the 78 chapters Totland arc, and will most likely get some more during Wano/Onigashima. So why Elbaf? She bitched that she didn't get Elbaf as an ally, so it's not like there's too much of a connection except for the failed arranged marriage and her early childhood in the Sheep's House.

    Kaido and Big Mom, the former Rox partners, going down in the same arc/war makes way more sense in my opinion. Remember, the Wano arc will escalate at one point, resulting in a war bigger than Marine Ford. Big Mom could be taken out by Marines, Supernovas or even Blackbeard.

    Elbaf is Loki/Shanks/Blackbeard turf.
    That's not most likely at all. Her showing up late like Kuma is completely possible. Makes no sense to interject her and her forces late game and still make it believable the main cast wins especially if you think two Yonkou are going down down in only a few weeks time. It will be WCI all over again with strong characters just standing around doing jack shit or BM herself doing jack shit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are 270 chapters left in the series. After the Wano conflict, there’s still plenty of time for Elbaf and the final war.
    Roughly 70 of those will be Wano and its aftermath. So 200 chapters for Elbaf and Raftel. That would only makes sense if Oda stopped his little fun or pointless detours and concisely shows us only the important bits involving the Yonkou, Elbaf, Revs, SN, IM, and Void Century at a great pace but we know he won't.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    17,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roughly 70 of those will be Wano and its aftermath. So 200 chapters for Elbaf and Raftel. That would only makes sense if Oda stopped his little fun or pointless detours and concisely shows us only the important bits involving the Yonkou, Elbaf, Revs, SN, IM, and Void Century at a great pace but we know he won't.
    You do remember the WB war, its buildup and aftermath being covered in roughly 100 chapters, right? There’s more than enough time to wrap everything up in 270 chapters. Hell, that’s roughly the amount of chapters from Romance Dawn to the climax of Skypiea. You see how many developments can take place between then and now?

    Let’s say Wano wraps up in 70 chapters. Then you have 80 or so chapters for Elbaf, still leaving 120 chapters for the final war saga. There can be all kinds of mini arcs like a trip to the moon or whatever before the decisive battles. One Piece has always made the most sense capping at 1200 chapters. Trust me, when Oda wants to speed up the plot he can commit to it, lol.

    You keep bringing up the vacuum lady like she ate up precious screen time, when in reality she didn’t even take up half a chapter’s worth of content. Oda has more than enough wiggle room for little detours and what not.

    I believe Oda when he says the story is 80% complete, and that he won’t go very far past 100 volumes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rest is history: Kong very skillfully discovered our group (that was not even hidden) and spent long wet days exploring every thread, going through every post and stalking our entire stack byte by byte, until he found about 2 or 3 questionable instances, and proceeded to make the dish richer with creative additions like hardcore lolicon porn or the infamous star children pics -whatever it's supposed to mean- and soon after i logged in to me being the Al Capone of children trafficking, ordering constant refill of actual holo 3D virtual reality cp videos, and something about emma watson whose meaning and origin i've yet to understand, since it's definitely the most bizarre claim on top of a cake of more or less unbelievable bullshit. At that point, i wasn't much shocked of Kong, cuz he was just being the slimy Kong we all know and love, but of GP, who i've always seen as the scales balancer between me and Pops in the past, and now he'd be very unbalancedly deploying all his rethorics against me and that circle of people, making a long shade of made up stuff, banning us one by one without giving the chance to speak, hiding the group from everyone's eyes with all the evidence it contained, and proceeding to a fervent damnatio memoriae for still long time after the ban.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do remember the WB war, its buildup and aftermath being covered in roughly 100 chapters, right? There’s more than enough time to wrap everything up in 270 chapters. Hell, that’s roughly the amount of chapters from Romance Dawn to the climax of Skypiea. You see how many developments can take place between then and now?

    Let’s say Wano wraps up in 70 chapters. Then you have 80 or so chapters for Elbaf, still leaving 120 chapters for the final war saga. There can be all kinds of mini arcs like a trip to the moon or whatever before the decisive battles. One Piece has always made the most sense capping at 1200 chapters. Trust me, when Oda wants to speed up the plot he can commit to it, lol.

    You keep bringing up the vacuum lady like she ate up precious screen time, when in reality she didn’t even take up half a chapter’s worth of content. Oda has more than enough wiggle room for little detours and what not.

    I believe Oda when he says the story is 80% complete, and that he won’t go very far past 100 volumes.
    Oda frequently makes predictions about how long the manga will run. He has never turned out to be right. Not a single time.

    The idea that One Piece will end at a bit past 100 volumes is absolutely ludicrous. That would mean that there will be 10-15 more volumes. Maybe 20 maximum. 20 volumes was what Oda devoted to Fishman Island+Doflamingo's saga. It would mean that Oda spends less time on Wano+Elbaf+the search for Raftel+Raftel itself+and the Final War+and whatever other arcs there will be than on Fishman Island+Doflamingo.

    One Piece most likely has something like 50-60 more volumes left.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    17,517
    Quote Originally Posted by barreltheif View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oda frequently makes predictions about how long the manga will run. He has never turned out to be right. Not a single time.

    The idea that One Piece will end at a bit past 100 volumes is absolutely ludicrous. That would mean that there will be 10-15 more volumes. Maybe 20 maximum. 20 volumes was what Oda devoted to Fishman Island+Doflamingo's saga. It would mean that Oda spends less time on Wano+Elbaf+the search for Raftel+Raftel itself+and the Final War+and whatever other arcs there will be than on Fishman Island+Doflamingo.

    One Piece most likely has something like 50-60 more volumes left.
    Who said there are only 10-15 volumes left?

    I said One Piece will cap at 1200 chapters. That means approximately 30 more volumes. Completely reasonable.

    50-60 volumes is not happening, lol. Keep dreaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rest is history: Kong very skillfully discovered our group (that was not even hidden) and spent long wet days exploring every thread, going through every post and stalking our entire stack byte by byte, until he found about 2 or 3 questionable instances, and proceeded to make the dish richer with creative additions like hardcore lolicon porn or the infamous star children pics -whatever it's supposed to mean- and soon after i logged in to me being the Al Capone of children trafficking, ordering constant refill of actual holo 3D virtual reality cp videos, and something about emma watson whose meaning and origin i've yet to understand, since it's definitely the most bizarre claim on top of a cake of more or less unbelievable bullshit. At that point, i wasn't much shocked of Kong, cuz he was just being the slimy Kong we all know and love, but of GP, who i've always seen as the scales balancer between me and Pops in the past, and now he'd be very unbalancedly deploying all his rethorics against me and that circle of people, making a long shade of made up stuff, banning us one by one without giving the chance to speak, hiding the group from everyone's eyes with all the evidence it contained, and proceeding to a fervent damnatio memoriae for still long time after the ban.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do remember the WB war, its buildup and aftermath being covered in roughly 100 chapters, right? There’s more than enough time to wrap everything up in 270 chapters. Hell, that’s roughly the amount of chapters from Romance Dawn to the climax of Skypiea. You see how many developments can take place between then and now?
    You mean the Saga where other than WB and some development and fun interactions in ID&SA we jumped around constantly with little focus??? The RE4 of the One Piece that was good itself but set up poor trends of rushing through and lacking focus that's plagued part 2(or RE5&6)?

    It's 30 chapters less and those 302 chapters include the slow burn world building of most early portions of a story. We need to spend more time on important developments not plowing through...again this would only work if Oda suddenly wrote very concisely and packed most chapters with tons of content. Our year of Sanji did nothing to develop Sanji and in his rush to move onto Wano turned the Vinnesmokes into another ally who will help in the final war instead of the antagonists they were set up to be with little reason they would actually help Sanji other than he saved them. The SH in general have had little development in part 2 becoming side characters more and more with a few exceptions.

    Let’s say Wano wraps up in 70 chapters. Then you have 80 or so chapters for Elbaf, still leaving 120 chapters for the final war saga. There can be all kinds of mini arcs like a trip to the moon or whatever before the decisive battles. One Piece has always made the most sense capping at 1200 chapters. Trust me, when Oda wants to speed up the plot he can commit to it, lol.
    It never made sense going at the pace that he used to write, taking his time to show off his big cast and world build. WCI was just a Katakuri show giving us snippits of BM's dream and society based on souls then did nothing with it. On top of not really going into her supposed strong 'intelligence network' and making the majority of her crew inept or lazy bystanders. Compare that to EL where we had a great cast of villains, tons of side villains, shipwrights doing their thing, two giants who turned ally, and obviously gave us awesome SH interactions and backstory on Robin.

    Who the hell are you lol. Why would I trust you? You're just a random reader too, probably young if you're talking that way. We have no reason to trust Oda because he has been wrong consistently for 20+ years.

    You keep bringing up the vacuum lady like she ate up precious screen time, when in reality she didn’t even take up half a chapter’s worth of content. Oda has more than enough wiggle room for little detours and what not.
    You're being dumb here. The irony of speaking about her in a vacuum. The Vacuum lady is symbolic to all of Oda's pointless, dumb, redundant, or dead-end detours Oda. All you can argue here is some pedantic point about her individually only taking up a few pages? Not that she actually added anything to the series. Every page counts in a weekly manga with only 20 something pages. There is no end of things that panel time could have been used on. That's all either of you do when this is brought up. Look at the specific detour example in a microscope then downplaying how much time they actually take up cumulatively.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    17,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean the Saga where other than WB and some development and fun interactions in ID&SA we jumped around constantly with little focus??? The RE4 of the One Piece that was good itself but set up poor trends of rushing through and lacking focus that's plagued part 2(or RE5&6)?
    Your posts are getting more incoherent by the day, lol. I have no idea what “RE” means.

    It's 30 chapters less and those 302 chapters include the slow burn world building of most early portions of a story. We need to spend more time on important developments not plowing through...again this would only work if Oda suddenly wrote very concisely and packed most chapters with tons of content. Our year of Sanji did nothing to develop Sanji and in his rush to move onto Wano turned the Vinnesmokes into another ally who will help in the final war instead of the antagonists they were set up to be with little reason they would actually help Sanji other than he saved them. The SH in general have had little development in part 2 becoming side characters more and more with a few exceptions.
    Again, I have no idea what you’re getting at here. This sounds more like your distaste for Oda’s current trends than a refutation of anything I said.

    It never made sense going at the pace that he used to write, taking his time to show off his big cast and world build. WCI was just a Katakuri show giving us snippits of BM's dream and society based on souls then did nothing with it. On top of not really going into her supposed strong 'intelligence network' and making the majority of her crew inept or lazy bystanders. Compare that to EL where we had a great cast of villains, tons of side villains, shipwrights doing their thing, two giants who turned ally, and obviously gave us awesome SH interactions and backstory on Robin.
    Okay...?

    Off topic, but Enies Lobby didn’t have a great cast of villains. CP9 was bland as hell compared to BW or the TB cast.

    Who the hell are you lol. Why would I trust you? You're just a random reader too, probably young if you're talking that way. We have no reason to trust Oda because he has been wrong consistently for 20+ years.
    Sure, I’m a random reader, but I have a much better track record with predictions and story trends than you do. I got 3/5 things right in the last chapter prediction thread.

    http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...=1#post2734481

    Meanwhile, you throw out some harebrained prediction about the new comic relief character being Zoro’s mentor or something. Surprisingly, that’s still not as strange as some of your other theories.

    You're being dumb here. The irony of speaking about her in a vacuum. The Vacuum lady is symbolic to all of Oda's pointless, dumb, redundant, or dead-end detours Oda. All you can argue here is some pedantic point about her individually only taking up a few pages? Not that she actually added anything to the series. Every page counts in a weekly manga with only 20 something pages. There is no end of things that panel time could have been used on. That's all either of you do when this is brought up. Look at the specific detour example in a microscope then downplaying how much time they actually take up cumulatively.
    No, really, you’re being hyperbolic with the vacuum lady. What, are you also upset about Bavarois and Flampe who didn’t detract from the story at all, but instead added some flavor?

    Why is there so much fluff in your posts? When have I ever implied that Oda hasn’t degraded as a writer? I’m still one of the biggest critics around here of Dressrosa and how Doffy was handled. Doesn’t mean I can’t be objective in my assessment of where the story’s going. Oda is clearly rushing to the finish with recent developments. The events of Wano and the Reverie are Powder kegs that will propel the story toward the final stretch. A few vacuum ladies here and there won’t change anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rest is history: Kong very skillfully discovered our group (that was not even hidden) and spent long wet days exploring every thread, going through every post and stalking our entire stack byte by byte, until he found about 2 or 3 questionable instances, and proceeded to make the dish richer with creative additions like hardcore lolicon porn or the infamous star children pics -whatever it's supposed to mean- and soon after i logged in to me being the Al Capone of children trafficking, ordering constant refill of actual holo 3D virtual reality cp videos, and something about emma watson whose meaning and origin i've yet to understand, since it's definitely the most bizarre claim on top of a cake of more or less unbelievable bullshit. At that point, i wasn't much shocked of Kong, cuz he was just being the slimy Kong we all know and love, but of GP, who i've always seen as the scales balancer between me and Pops in the past, and now he'd be very unbalancedly deploying all his rethorics against me and that circle of people, making a long shade of made up stuff, banning us one by one without giving the chance to speak, hiding the group from everyone's eyes with all the evidence it contained, and proceeding to a fervent damnatio memoriae for still long time after the ban.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who said there are only 10-15 volumes left?
    50-60 volumes is not happening, lol. Keep dreaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe Oda when he says the story is 80% complete, and that he won’t go very far past 100 volumes.
    If One Piece ends at "a little bit over 100 volumes", that means we have about 100-150 chapters left. Maybe 200 chapters if we're really stretching things, but that would take it to 113 volumes, which is more than a little over 100: 13 volumes is close to 4 more years of One Piece. If we're 80% through in terms of numbers of chapters, then One Piece would end at around 116 volumes.

    Regardless, obviously none of that is happening. Wano alone will almost certainly take us well past 100 volumes. In terms of arcs, we may be 80% through, but most of the biggest, most important stuff in the manga has yet to happen, and that's gonna take way more time. Luffy's fights with the yonkou aren't going to be shorter than his fights with Hody or Caesar.
    Last edited by barreltheif; 01-12-2019 at 11:44 PM.

  18. #18
    AUDIO ASSASSIN D's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wano
    Posts
    4,459
    I honestly can't wait to see how this will all end. It's been such a long journey..
    Reading One Piece, Toriko , Holy Land, Solo Leveling, Dr Stone//

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your posts are getting more incoherent by the day, lol. I have no idea what “RE” means.
    Resident Evil. Sorry, thought you were cool.

    Again, I have no idea what you’re getting at here. This sounds more like your distaste for Oda’s current trends than a refutation of anything I said
    .
    Post was fine, you're just being lazy. 2 points being made. Oda spent 302 Chapters on essentially 2 arcs/villains. You're telling us he's going to cover far more in even less chapters(270).

    Other point was that it's possible but it hasn't been done well. Luffy just had a Fleet at the end of DR even though he barely developed a relationship with any of his new "sons" aside from Bart? Oda spend time setting up the Vinnesmokes as antagonists only to go a different direction and resolve the conflict as soon as Sanji saved them. From there they quickly became more allies who will help in the FW like the SH Fleet, FP, Minks, Giant Kids, AL, etc. That's their whole arc. Evil Dicks->tricked at dinner->Almost killed -> Saved -> complete heel turn. Stop re-framing my points as me not liking what happened. I don't, but this is about the pacing of developments.

    Okay...?
    Okay??? You keep saying he can finish everything in 270 chapters. The counter point to that is that it is not enough time to properly develop new&old characters and satisfyingly world build and divulge the OP world's mysteries to us and you're response is that you don't care apparently. I'm not the only one making this point to you. WCI had potential to world build and develop 2 crews but it didn't happen.

    Off topic, but Enies Lobby didn’t have a great cast of villains. CP9 was bland as hell compared to BW or the TB cast.
    Then you have shit taste as that was the arc we got to see all the SH shine and the villains gave them the opportunity.

    Sure, I’m a random reader, but I have a much better track record with predictions and story trends than you do. I got 3/5 things right in the last chapter prediction thread.
    ........ok.

    http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...=1#post2734481

    Meanwhile, you throw out some harebrained prediction about the new comic relief character being Zoro’s mentor or something. Surprisingly, that’s still not as strange as some of your other theories.
    Are you serious? You sound like a little kid if you're patting yourself on the back over this stuff. Like I said before, you are way too self-invested in this stuff. Harebrained? I raised a possibility/asked a question on that guy actually being OP's Musashi. I didn't propose that as some theory I believe; it was a quick comment in jest. Fucking weirdo.

    No, really, you’re being hyperbolic with the vacuum lady. What, are you also upset about Bavarois and Flampe who didn’t detract from the story at all, but instead added some flavor?
    The entire paragraph was about all the detours but you're still on just her. What does bringing up 2 other characters detract from the overall point? It's fine to show other characters now and then...though I'd disagree strongly on Frampe adding flavor to the story.

    There are tons of times where the detours weren't even entertaining and did subtract from what we could have been shown. WCI did little with BM's fleet and we knew she had 70+ kids so it's completely fine to see more and more of them. How can you compare that to randomness of a vacuum lady or the redundancy of some giant kids and 2 redundant speeches over the final Doffy fight or over focus on the dwarves or Doffy not going for Luffy but Violet instead and other nonsense. Not once have either you or your buddy done a once over on just how much meandering Oda has done in part 2. Just downplay without true refutation and now some weird argument that if I don't complain about all non-main cast focus I shouldn't complain about any???

    Why is there so much fluff in your posts? When have I ever implied that Oda hasn’t degraded as a writer? I’m still one of the biggest critics around here of Dressrosa and how Doffy was handled. Doesn’t mean I can’t be objective in my assessment of where the story’s going. Oda is clearly rushing to the finish with recent developments. The events of Wano and the Reverie are Powder kegs that will propel the story toward the final stretch. A few vacuum ladies here and there won’t change anything.
    Then why do you keep on pushing the notion that he can complete everything in 270 chapters? The counter point to that is that of course its possible but that it wouldn't be done in a satisfying way and your rebuttals are essentially he can and anyone complaining of how its been done the last 270 chapters is just a whiner.

    Yes clearly, but the predictions of the series going past 1200 chapters are based on him not rushing. These predictions were made Pre-WCI where Oda developed the world even less than he did at DR (where he did a great job pre-Birdcage). Wano has been better but every arc has started pretty good(besides WCI which was more consistent in quality). No one wants a rush job or a meandering mess but it's going to be neither of those according to you just because you say so. He'll randomly get on the ball and concisely write a satisfying wrap-up over the next ~300 chapters. No. Either Oda takes his time going forward and we go over 1200, he rushes, or it continues as it has been. Option D where he speeds up the story further and still provides quality developments has no chance.
    Last edited by Dayum; 01-14-2019 at 01:35 PM.

  20. #20
    usopp will unleash his potential and show the giants he's a conqueror, this means the brave warrior of the sea will unleash coc during elbaf.

    at this point, usopp is the only one aside from the M3 who has haki. we all know usopp his main goal is to overcome his own cowardice. this means that his willpower near eos will be be monstrous. knocking out fodder through his willpower alone is going to fit his fighting style tbh. elbaf is the arc where usopp will grow into a fine pirate.

    we'll meet both Blackbeard and shanks there, the giants will join the straw hats grand fleet and they'll prepare for the final fight


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •