0 0%
  • 4/5

7 43.75%
  • 5/5

8 50.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Ouhons unit gets out of this Chougaryuu and Gyouun combination without any other help i call major bullshit...
    they just need to use "Fast Forward" to deal with them

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    name other examples
    I think hara doesnt properly draw distance for the sake of panel aesthetic in a way that characters in some panels seens too close than in the next ones they seen far and this mix up the feeling of swing speed. Also sometimes he draws the characters doing the swing to hit someone and sometimes he just draws the weapon hitting so it seens one was slower I guess.

i.e Shin vs Gakuei

In this page it seens they are too close and it seens theres no way Shin can move fast enough:

In here he shows there was actually a distance between them allowing some maneuver space:

obviously, then you have to apply some level of interpretation to it and not want every little detail perfectly drawn for you cause the manga only have so much pages/week you lazy ass

in this chapter:

First he shows there was some distance between G'Un/Kanjou as opposed to last chapters final panel where he seemed right on top of him, then he uses 2 panels for the complete motion of the swing (raising the arm and hitting), then Kanjou falling from the horse (you can see his hand and weapon move so there is some time lapse between the panels) and then G'Un already finishing the move, I assume that in the time lapse of Kanjous panels G'Un was doing the swing motion.

Its Hara's drawing style, its not perfect I know but theres nothing we can do about it and I dont think it detracts the quality of the chapter

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    they just need to use "Fast Forward" to deal with them
    Chougaryuu already calling Riboku with his tin can phone: " what should we do now"

Chougaryuu already calling Riboku with his tin can phone: " what should we do now"
    "They call a time out. Nothing we can do now, retreat."

Great chapter

Ouhon did really well in that desperate situation but Gyou'un is a beast. That way of tanking his pierced arm was awesome

And I am sure that injury is gonna be a key factor in his duel against Shin. Shin is already capable of dueling the likes of Gaimou to a standstill so of course he is gonna defeat a crippled Gyou'un

And I hope Kyoukai gets an important kill too, its about time

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Not sure about that because we know Eishi wasn't fighting at what you'd call his premium level due to the mental flaw. Ouhon didn't just think he could take out Gyou'un because he beat Eishi, he felt he could TWO-SHOT him. That is the belief that was smashed into pieces, not the idea that Gyou'un is equal to (the) Eishi (that he fought) overall.

I don't think this changes anything regardless of which theory is correct though.
    earl shi's strength didn't lessen any because of his weakness. it actually even made him stronger according to his soldiers.

and the implication was that ou hon believed earl shi would've fallen to the same thing, but gyou'un didn't. not that he simply considered gyou'un that much lower. without even getting into the semantics that's just an inane assumption contextually, and should be obvious ou hon wouldn't simply underestimate gyou'un to that degree.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

And you all shall remember that OuHon is now way stronger than he was when he defeated Earl Shi

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg boy View Post
    earl shi's strength didn't lessen any because of his weakness. it actually even made him stronger according to his soldiers.

and the implication was that ou hon believed earl shi would've fallen to the same thing, but gyou'un didn't. not that he simply considered gyou'un that much lower. without even getting into the semantics that's just an inane assumption contextually, and should be obvious ou hon wouldn't simply underestimate gyou'un to that degree.
    True... but on the other hand we as readers know that Ouhon isnt stronger than Earl Shi without his weakness anyway.

Kanjou delivers once again. He's way better than his stats. Gyou'un would have been more fearsome after this chapter if Ouhon didn't state he was beyond exhausted. GKH's still in a pinch and not sure exactly where Shin is heading, though he's looking to his right.

inb4 Gyou'un states next chapter that he intentionally let Ouhon stab him so he could one shot him

True... but on the other hand we as readers know that Ouhon isnt stronger than Earl Shi without his weakness anyway.
    yeah, but what matters here is ou hon's perspective here, not ours

since i'm arguing gyou'un surpassed the standard of strength ou hon held earl shi at
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Saki View Post
    Kanjou delivers once again. He's way better than his stats. Gyou'un would have been more fearsome after this chapter if Ouhon didn't state he was beyond exhausted. GKH's still in a pinch and not sure exactly where Shin is heading, though he's looking to his right.

inb4 Gyou'un states next chapter that he intentionally let Ouhon stab him so he could one shot him
    Once called an average commander

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, but what matters here is ou hon's perspective here, not ours

since i'm arguing gyou'un surpassed the standard of strength ou hon held earl shi at
    Like i said thats questionable because Ouhon shouldnt know what is needed for killing him, i would say until this day he still is inferior without the weakness.

Ouhon was stupied and arrogant in this chapter, he sould have fled.

That's obviously because he became even more 'all out attack'. Of course he'd sweep fodder more successfully. The fodder who made the comment didn't realise that it was because of Eishi's mental state which was basically a double edged sword as we later found out.
    He is comparing Gyou'un to the Eishi he fought though. The man with very little defense with a weakness Ouhon is well aware of. Ouhon doesn't know what can beat an Eishi who isn't in death seeker mode. He wasn't aware that Eishi had changed.

Ouhon does underestimate Gyou'un here but it isn't a case of 'he thought Gyou'un would be a 96 when in fact he's even stronger than that'. Not that characters have access to stats like we do - they won't really be able to differentiate between a 95-96 or 96-97 unless they have physically fought both, but you get the point.

fair enough i suppose
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    I think hara doesnt properly draw distance for the sake of panel aesthetic in a way that characters in some panels seens too close than in the next ones they seen far and this mix up the feeling of swing speed. Also sometimes he draws the characters doing the swing to hit someone and sometimes he just draws the weapon hitting so it seens one was slower I guess.

i.e Shin vs Gakuei

In this page it seens they are too close and it seens theres no way Shin can move fast enough:

In here he shows there was actually a distance between them allowing some maneuver space:

obviously, then you have to apply some level of interpretation to it and not want every little detail perfectly drawn for you cause the manga only have so much pages/week you lazy ass

in this chapter:

First he shows there was some distance between G'Un/Kanjou as opposed to last chapters final panel where he seemed right on top of him, then he uses 2 panels for the complete motion of the swing (raising the arm and hitting), then Kanjou falling from the horse (you can see his hand and weapon move so there is some time lapse between the panels) and then G'Un already finishing the move, I assume that in the time lapse of Kanjous panels G'Un was doing the swing motion.

Its Hara's drawing style, its not perfect I know but theres nothing we can do about it and I dont think it detracts the quality of the chapter
    oh shiet, you talking distance. I don't mind distance although it is wonky at times. the swing speed itself is what I have a problem with, distance is basically a no factor in this little "fight" here. like, the only other time I can think of it being weird off the top of my head was the closing of Kanmei/Moubu.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    oh shiet, you talking distance. I don't mind distance although it is wonky at times. the swing speed itself is what I have a problem with, distance is basically a no factor in this little "fight" here. like, the only other time I can think of it being weird off the top of my head was the closing of Kanmei/Moubu.
    Did you read the entire post?

What will happen next will shin lead the right wing to victory , is ouhon ko for the rest of the war or will he recover in time?

Quote Originally Posted by no name View Post
    What will happen next will shin lead the right wing to victory , is ouhon ko for the rest of the war or will he recover in time?
    His injuries appear to be fatigue and impact based rather than any wounds so I think he should be fine assuming he can have time to rest.

If it's all going to go down on this day I think he'll recover but still be exhausted, so can perform to his best minus any extended 1 on 1 duel.

It was weird to see Gyou'un didn't come up with any follow-up move like what he did against Kanjou to confirm the kill, especially the blow didn't even do any serious wound to Ouhon and only knocked him out of conscious.

everyone thought he was dead from that blow until he twitched at the end
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams