Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bit less can also be 20 volumes in the 100s. Which is what I'm arguing for. OP will end around volume 120-130. Nothing more nothing less.

Also I doubt that there will be an arc after Wano that will end up being bigger than it. Wano will answer many points for the series as whole, it will go into the lore and shit and Oden's flashback will certainly reveal some juicy stuff about what he did with Roger and we're gonna get a big reveal about the void century. Heck I don't doubt it that the name of the Great Kingdom will probably be revealed in Wano.
    Don't see how when Wano will not have Dragon, IM, Akainu, Teach, the Garousei, Raftel, Uranus, and go in deep on the void century. The final war arc will be smaller than Wano? How small will Elbaf be? We don't even know where Shanks fits into all of this except. Kidd clearly wants paypack for taking his arm and the last cover story set it up that Luffy will actually be a target due to Bart acting up. I'm guessing Elbaf will be shared with Shanks which means it shouldn't be skipped.

A big one but why would we get everything before the climax or rush through information??

Also he isn't glossing over Oden since he himself said that this year will be about Oden. Also what about Ace and Oars ? Oda doesn't really have to do anything with that. Ace learned to make those hats in Wano, he made one for Oars too. What else do you expect ? Ryuma will probably shine when Zoro gets the focus. Don't expect anything ground breaking, He was just a great samurai, he doesn't have the plot importance of Oden.
    By gloss I just mean he may not get Cora/Otohime/Fisher Tiger level of backstory if this arc is to somehow be the biggest but at the same time skip over stuff we care about like DR did. He also said 2017 was the year of Sanji.

My point is will Oda gives everyone time to shine or will he rush through and gloss over people like he has been at an even greater pace?

Btw.. You guys should get by now that unless the fight is pretty big and by big I mean involving Yonko/Akainu/Im the rest of the fights won't be long and they will follow the trend of what we have seen until now. Oda won't have a 10 chapter fight for Zoro unless it is when he becomes WSS. He will probably break them down as he did in Dressrosa though they will probably end up much better.
    So basically we're at fault for thinking SN, SH, and the Calamities would not be treated like the Seats or at best Vergo? We should not only expect and prepare for Joker pirate style quicky fights against the BB pirates, for most of the Flying 6 to be glossed over if not foddered, and the Calamities to not get CP9 treatment but also just be content with this fact...Kong is happy being potential correct and this being true at the same time? Also OK with Smoothie, Compote, Struesen being non-factors(former just created to sell toys) and BM getting no serious WB/Kaidou/Teach/Akainue Shine since Elbaf will just be a PH style arc.

Also why mention Enel ? Enel isn't coming back, his cover page story was about introducing as the space race that came to the world over 1000s years ago. Don't expect anything from him.
    This was more of an idea as I think Uranus is a space station or satellite/Deathstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Don't see how when Wano will not have Dragon, IM, Akainu, Teach, the Garousei, Raftel, Uranus, and go in deep on the void century. The final war arc will be smaller than Wano? How small will Elbaf be? We don't even know where Shanks fits into all of this except. Kidd clearly wants paypack for taking his arm and the last cover story set it up that Luffy will actually be a target due to Bart acting up. I'm guessing Elbaf will be shared with Shanks which means it shouldn't be skipped.

A big one but why would we get everything before the climax or rush through information??
    Obviously Oda is gonna break those things into separated arcs, Final War ain't gonna engulf all of the guys you mentioned. Gorosei are kinda irrelevant now after Im's revelation. They will simply have a really small role when the final arc comes. Also most of those things will be pure confrontations without the need to introduce a whole new setting.

Elbaf will probably end up as a Zou length arc. Doubt it will be longer than that.

By gloss I just mean he may not get Cora/Otohime/Fisher Tiger level of backstory if this arc is to somehow be the biggest but at the same time skip over stuff we care about like DR did. He also said 2017 was the year of Sanji.

My point is will Oda gives everyone time to shine or will he rush through and gloss over people like he has been at an even greater pace?
    Of course he'll get that kind of flashback, he is the flashback character of the arc and we didn't even hear his story. Can't believe this stuff is coming from you. And yes 2017,was the year of Sanji, the manga focused on him. It's not rocket science.

Gloss over who exactly ?

So basically we're at fault for thinking SN, SH, and the Calamities would not be treated like the Seats or at best Vergo? We should not only expect and prepare for Joker pirate style quicky fights against the BB pirates, for most of the Flying 6 to be glossed over if not foddered, and the Calamities to not get CP9 treatment but also just be content with this fact...Kong is happy being potential correct and this being true at the same time? Also OK with Smoothie, Compote, Struesen being non-factors(former just created to sell toys) and BM getting no serious WB/Kaidou/Teach/Akainue Shine since Elbaf will just be a PH style arc.
    Why would Oda have long fights for anyone ? Do you realize how much unlimited fights stall story progression ? Just check BC for example, or what happened to Bleach with all those fights. There is absolutely no reason for Oda to give the lesser fights of the arc such immense focus as you are asking. It will be the usual with introducing their powers, have some cool exchanges, have some stuff shown here and there and then a full chapter focused on the end. Sadly Oda isn't getting younger and just drawing prolonged fights and you want them to be ain't helping him. Only the main antagonist of each arc will be getting big on panel fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Finally confirmed that Oda ripped off WB's death.

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    I still like the crack pot theory of 1325 being the last chapter number.

1000 = Thousand
    3= San(sun)
    2= Ni (ny)
    5= Go

Titled Thousand Sunny Go (the adventure will continue but the story ends).
    Naw I'm sick of gimmick chapters we saw how that went down in Dressrosa

I hope they expand the OP universe at some point as in do some type of spin off or maybe set a series in the same universe.
    Last edited by D; 01-10-2019 at 05:20 AM.
    Reading One Piece, Toriko , Holy Land, Solo Leveling, Dr Stone//

Obviously Oda is gonna break those things into separated arcs, Final War ain't gonna engulf all of the guys you mentioned. Gorosei are kinda irrelevant now after Im's revelation. They will simply have a really small role when the final arc comes. Also most of those things will be pure confrontations without the need to introduce a whole new setting.
    Ok....and how big are those arcs? Teach, Akainu, IM, and Shanks will not have arcs dedicated to them? It's arguable if WCI was even dedicated to BM as she served as a threat like Noah more so than the real antagonist.

Elbaf will probably end up as a Zou length arc. Doubt it will be longer than that.
    Zou in length?!? The arc hyped up just as much as FI and Wano will be ZOU in length? I actually misread your line at first as Punk Hazard but fucking ZOU! PH length would be extremely crazy. Zou in length doesn't seem a remote possibility and if it was it would be a travesty and definitely nothing to be happy about just because it being short would mean you're right on chapter count. Why on earth would you take that "win" if it means this?

I would never entertain OP would only have 400 chapters left during DR because we were essentially skipping what was supposed to be another major arc since the Grand Line. That is magnitudes more disappointing than skipping the Fishman Dojo. More screen time with Ceasar than OP's Loki??? Hell no. I can't really believe you thought that back then either.

Of course he'll get that kind of flashback, he is the flashback character of the arc and we didn't even hear his story. Can't believe this stuff is coming from you. And yes 2017,was the year of Sanji, the manga focused on him. It's not rocket science.
    Not if we're rushing to the end like you think we are. I'm not saying we get no flashback if we went with my schedule. You're argument is that we're done in 300 chapters so using your logic it is more likely we get a short-ish BM style flashback than Cora in order to gloss over everything we need too.

Gloss over who exactly ?
    Apparently an entire hyped up arc according to you. I just wrote a list of people. If we're almost done then what you're telling me is that all those people listed and their related groups are all going to be glossed over to make that 1200 finish line. The New World was front loaded to us according to you and Elbaf, SN, BB, Akainu, IM, Shanks, Revs, and Raftel itself will all be squeezed into roughly 200 chapters...IE the same chapter count as FI through DR. If not less depending on how long Wano actually goes on. I completely forgot about Green Bull too. So she's gonna get no screen time either compared to Fujitora. Kizaru at least gets some shine as a recurring figure. GB will be a one and done when he gets some focus.

Why would Oda have long fights for anyone ? Do you realize how much unlimited fights stall story progression ? Just check BC for example, or what happened to Bleach with all those fights. There is absolutely no reason for Oda to give the lesser fights of the arc such immense focus as you are asking. It will be the usual with introducing their powers, have some cool exchanges, have some stuff shown here and there and then a full chapter focused on the end. Sadly Oda isn't getting younger and just drawing prolonged fights and you want them to be ain't helping him. Only the main antagonist of each arc will be getting big on panel fight.
    The fact you have cemented this mentality that extended fights are unnecessary wastes of time is sad and astounding. It's also bullshit because it is not like the trade-off for skipped fights has been good and concise storytelling, developments, dialog, world building, and alternate interesting character interactions. You like to disregard this point instead of doing your due diligence and actually show how Oda has not been wasting time. You've said all the 'go nowhere' panels and dragged out chapters(kids, gas cloud, BM chase, dwarves, etc) maybe add up to 20 chapters of fluff as if that is nothing. 20 chapters is not nothing. It is a BS number you like to use to dismiss the criticism instead of actually counting all the pages/real estate Oda has used to go down strange or pointless detours and dead ends.

It's not even just fights. Some characters are introduced just to not do anything but stand around or get thrown away like a Bleach character and you're OK with this for some strange reason. There is no excuse for what happened to Smoothie or really the entire crew sans Kata&Oven. There is no excuse for what happened to Trebol&Diamante. There is no excuse to gloss over fights with the BB pirates. There is no excuse for doing little with the Vinnesmokes. Potentially doing nothing with the remaining SN. There will never be an excuse for Vaccuum girl, Gatz&Riku's redundant speeches, Violet being played with by Doffy when he should have been handling business, Dwarf focus, and civilians running. Time spent on pointless nonsense is not as trivial as you like to depict it as.

We spent 15 chapters on the poison cloud. Every development of those chapters was touched by that main threat in some way or form. No reason to give the 3 Calamities and Kidd serious fights or show off the Flying 6? Ok man. Fights are important because they do show us entire sides to characters too so I don't get this dismissal of fights as story development tools in themselves. CP9 were good characters. Seats were not. Rest of the Joker Pirates were underutilized after setting up their warped SH presentation through Vergo's portrayal and early DR chapters.
    Last edited by Dayum; 01-11-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Ok....and how big are those arcs? Teach, Akainu, IM, and Shanks will not have arcs dedicated to them? It's arguable if WCI was even dedicated to BM as she served as a threat like Noah more so than the real antagonist.
    Why would Akainu have a separate arc to him instead of just being involved in the final conflict ? How would an Akainu arc work exactly ? Teach is an adversary that will be met at Raftel so it doesn't mean it will warrant what usual Oda arcs involve like how he builds Wano for example. It will be just Luffy vs Teach with tons of info about Raftel. Arguable ? You mean the arc where we learn everything about Big Mom isn't dedicated to her ? Seriously ?

Zou in length?!? The arc hyped up just as much as FI and Wano will be ZOU in length? I actually misread your line at first as Punk Hazard but fucking ZOU! PH length would be extremely crazy. Zou in length doesn't seem a remote possibility and if it was it would be a travesty and definitely nothing to be happy about just because it being short would mean you're right on chapter count. Why on earth would you take that "win" if it means this?
    How is Elbaf as hyped as Wano ? Do you realize Oda build the Wano conflict through not one but 3 arcs ? Where is that build up to Elbaf ? Elbaf doesn't have that type of build up.

I would never entertain OP would only have 400 chapters left during DR because we were essentially skipping what was supposed to be another major arc since the Grand Line. That is magnitudes more disappointing than skipping the Fishman Dojo. More screen time with Ceasar than OP's Loki??? Hell no. I can't really believe you thought that back then either.
    Why does Elbaf need 50 or 100 chapters ? This is what you should answer. The Straw Hats will already have the giants on their side because of Oimo and Kashi.

Not if we're rushing to the end like you think we are. I'm not saying we get no flashback if we went with my schedule. You're argument is that we're done in 300 chapters so using your logic it is more likely we get a short-ish BM style flashback than Cora in order to gloss over everything we need too.
    Oh Oden is certainly getting the Cora- Otohime type flashback. Oda made it clear himself. Big Mom is a character that is still alive, nothing compared to Oden whom we'll get majro revelations thanks to his standing as a guy who learned the true history, a guy with the voice of all things, and the last member of the Kozuki clan that knew how to read Poneglyphs.

Apparently an entire hyped up arc according to you. I just wrote a list of people. If we're almost done then what you're telling me is that all those people listed and their related groups are all going to be glossed over to make that 1200 finish line. The New World was front loaded to us according to you and Elbaf, SN, BB, Akainu, IM, Shanks, Revs, and Raftel itself will all be squeezed into roughly 200 chapters...IE the same chapter count as FI through DR. If not less depending on how long Wano actually goes on. I completely forgot about Green Bull too. So she's gonna get no screen time either compared to Fujitora. Kizaru at least gets some shine as a recurring figure. GB will be a one and done when he gets some focus.
    Do you realize that OP is in Volume 91 and it's probably ending between volume 120-130 ? Do you realize how much content can exist in 300-400 chapters ? Other series last that long.

The fact you have cemented this mentality that extended fights are unnecessary wastes of time is sad and astounding. It's also bullshit because it is not like the trade-off for skipped fights has been good and concise storytelling, developments, dialog, world building, and alternate interesting character interactions. You like to disregard this point instead of doing your due diligence and actually show how Oda has not been wasting time. You've said all the 'go nowhere' panels and dragged out chapters(kids, gas cloud, BM chase, dwarves, etc) maybe add up to 20 chapters of fluff as if that is nothing. 20 chapters is not nothing. It is a BS number you like to use to dismiss the criticism instead of actually counting all the pages/real estate Oda has used to go down strange or pointless detours and dead ends.
    Extended fights are pointless when you can do better and focus on the plot. Oda doesn't need 20 chapters to make King look good in a fight, give him a personality that's likeable and make him entertaining. This is what you are asking for.

It's not even just fights. Some characters are introduced just to not do anything but stand around or get thrown away like a Bleach character and you're OK with this for some strange reason. There is no excuse for what happened to Smoothie or really the entire crew sans Kata&Oven. There is no excuse for what happened to Trebol&Diamante. There is no excuse to gloss over fights with the BB pirates. There is no excuse for doing little with the Vinnesmokes. Potentially doing nothing with the remaining SN. There will never be an excuse for Vaccuum girl, Gatz&Riku's redundant speeches, Violet being played with by Doffy when he should have been handling business, Dwarf focus, and civilians running. Time spent on pointless nonsense is not as trivial as you like to depict it as.
    See this again further proves that you only look at how the tiers should work and only care about fights. What would you have Compote do ? Wasn't Smoothie active ? i remember her chasing the Straw Hats, making plans etc. You are mad that she didn't get a 1 v 1 fight. Big fucking deal. Wasn't Perospero hella active ? Didn't Mont D'or do things ? What annoys me about your posts is that you never criticize the series for it's actual shortcomings, you criticize it because some characters you wanted to see were shafted or how Bobbin should have gotten a bigger role. All of the things you mentioned aside from the Vinsmokes which is the only right thing you've posted are just your personal preferences that didn't come out true so Oda is shit. I mean you speak about Oda potentially doing nothing with the SP when all of them having done things and nearly 70% ot them are involved in the current arc.

We spent 15 chapters on the poison cloud. Every development of those chapters was touched by that main threat in some way or form. No reason to give the 3 Calamities and Kidd serious fights or show off the Flying 6? Ok man. Fights are important because they do show us entire sides to characters too so I don't get this dismissal of fights as story development tools in themselves. CP9 were good characters. Seats were not. Rest of the Joker Pirates were underutilized after setting up their warped SH presentation through Vergo's portrayal and early DR chapters.
    15 chapters ? Are you sure ? Where did I say that there is no reason to give those guys serious fights ? I said there is no reason to make those fights too long as you want them. Big difference.

Ok watched the actual footage of the video.. Did some research. Apparently the translation is somewhat wrong.

The question Oda got was if the manga will end with volume 100 and Oda said ""100 might be A LITTLE TOO FEW TO END IT"

MORE ONE PIECE PLEASE
    Fear me, for I am Meng Hao

[/spoiler]https://i.imgur.com/MW5gyad.gif[/spoiler]

He also said it in joking manner. Plus he said the story's about 80% finished.

He also said it in joking manner. Plus he said the story's about 80% finished.
    Okay, but I got a question. Why do you think his estimate is correct this time, when he's been wrong so many times before?

Okay, but I got a question. Why do you think his estimate is correct this time, when he's been wrong so many times before?
    Plot wise there is no reason to assume that it isn’t 80% complete. Again that doesn’t tell us anything about how long it will take to finish

Banned
    You have to mind that the average OP fan is really ill-informed, and likes to be hyperbolic at all times. Oda’s arc-length estimates are usually wonkey, but his story percentages are usually spot-on. Early during Dressrosa, he said the story was 60% complete. 60% of 1200 is 720. Now he says the story is 80% complete. 80% of 1200 is 960. Close enough for me.

Everything points toward the 1200 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle
    The rest is history: Kong very skillfully discovered our group (that was not even hidden) and spent long wet days exploring every thread, going through every post and stalking our entire stack byte by byte, until he found about 2 or 3 questionable instances, and proceeded to make the dish richer with creative additions like hardcore lolicon porn or the infamous star children pics -whatever it's supposed to mean- and soon after i logged in to me being the Al Capone of children trafficking, ordering constant refill of actual holo 3D virtual reality cp videos, and something about emma watson whose meaning and origin i've yet to understand, since it's definitely the most bizarre claim on top of a cake of more or less unbelievable bullshit. At that point, i wasn't much shocked of Kong, cuz he was just being the slimy Kong we all know and love, but of GP, who i've always seen as the scales balancer between me and Pops in the past, and now he'd be very unbalancedly deploying all his rethorics against me and that circle of people, making a long shade of made up stuff, banning us one by one without giving the chance to speak, hiding the group from everyone's eyes with all the evidence it contained, and proceeding to a fervent damnatio memoriae for still long time after the ban.

Plot wise there is no reason to assume that it isn’t 80% complete. Again that doesn’t tell us anything about how long it will take to finish
    Sure, as far as the major plots go, that could be the case. But like you said, it has nothing to do with the amount of chapters, so I've got no idea why you'd go off like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    You have to mind that the average OP fan is really ill-informed, and likes to be hyperbolic at all times. Oda’s arc-length estimates are usually wonkey, but his story percentages are usually spot-on. Early during Dressrosa, he said the story was 60% complete. 60% of 1200 is 720. Now he says the story is 80% complete. 80% of 1200 is 960. Close enough for me.

Everything points toward the 1200 mark.
    So DR, WCI and the short Zou detour took as much as Wano, Elbaf, Raftel and the rest will take?

Why would Akainu have a separate arc to him instead of just being involved in the final conflict ? How would an Akainu arc work exactly ? Teach is an adversary that will be met at Raftel so it doesn't mean it will warrant what usual Oda arcs involve like how he builds Wano for example. It will be just Luffy vs Teach with tons of info about Raftel. Arguable ? You mean the arc where we learn everything about Big Mom isn't dedicated to her ? Seriously ?
    Akainu should have his own self-contained arc where he is the antagonists as should Teach. Squeezing both + Im into the same arc doesn't do any of the 3 justice. It would be like Kaguya overshadowing Tobi who overshadowed Madara with the Swordsman of the mists being off-paneled. Likely before Raftel since Oda implied Akainu would turn on the Garousei going against any cleansing they have planned.

How is Elbaf as hyped as Wano ? Do you realize Oda build the Wano conflict through not one but 3 arcs ? Where is that build up to Elbaf ? Elbaf doesn't have that type of build up.
    Obviously Wano is getting the most hype since we are there but Elbaf, Fishman Isle, and Wano were all the major places we would be visiting at the start of the adventure.

Why does Elbaf need 50 or 100 chapters ? This is what you should answer. The Straw Hats will already have the giants on their side because of Oimo and Kashi.
    No words for you on this if you're dismissing Wano as some minor place. Befriending two grunt level giants means they already have them on their sides so Elbaf will just be a quick meet and greet?

Oh Oden is certainly getting the Cora- Otohime type flashback. Oda made it clear himself. Big Mom is a character that is still alive, nothing compared to Oden whom we'll get majro revelations thanks to his standing as a guy who learned the true history, a guy with the voice of all things, and the last member of the Kozuki clan that knew how to read Poneglyphs.
    Do you realize that OP is in Volume 91 and it's probably ending between volume 120-130 ? Do you realize how much content can exist in 300-400 chapters ? Other series last that long.
    This is a laugh. Of course I do but the context of the conversation is about Oda's bad estimates and writing style. In the last 400 chapters we got ID which was fine, MF which was great but also started some of the poor trends littering Part 2, FI that most agree was mediocre, PH is where he began to meander, DR issues have been talked about to death, and WCI was a bumpy ride with lots of squandered potential. Zou was the only fun, focused, and tidy little story arc in the last 400 chapters. So now you're telling me in a similar amount of time is suddenly going to shift into gear and give us satisfying concise story progression without rushing?

That what both of you are arguing. That Oda is going to do a lot more in the next 400 chapters than he has done before.

Extended fights are pointless when you can do better and focus on the plot. Oda doesn't need 20 chapters to make King look good in a fight, give him a personality that's likeable and make him entertaining. This is what you are asking for.
    But he doesn't do this. This point would make sense if most chapters did nothing but move the plot along or gave us information. Last arc we spent loads of time on a cake that didn't do anything in the end. It's like you're avoiding this debate as I said nothing about a 20 chapter fight, but I did talk about 20 chapters that went nowhere and did little or nothing to advance the plot.

So 20 is just your default number you pull from your ass when you want to throw around a figure? EL and Alabasta is all anybody is asking for but you want to frame people views in your way to downplay any criticism and invalidate their opinions as stupid. Easy to make up a stupid point and then assign it to the other persons while ignoring their actual words. We don't need 20 chapters but we also don't need anymore Diamante style fights. Yet you defend WCI based on the Katakuri fight being good and most would agree was the arcs saving grace. By your logic Oda should have spent time on developing the plot in other ways, yet if I bring up how you'll disagree on that too. You'll also re-frame me simply tossing out an idea as me getting angry Oda didn't write the exact scenario I wanted.

You will always find some way to defend what Oda wrote and be a contrarian to anybody saying otherwise. Even when you're not being belligerent you're still a sycophant and now you're contradicting yourself. Katakuri completely shows how fights are not pointless and can be used as a plot device to develop characters. There was nothing gained by skipping the Cracker situation just to have Cracker tell us what happened. That is one of the worst ways to advance a story ever especially in a manga. Writing 101: Show, Don't tell. Drawing characters telling the readers what happened is nonsense. That is an awful story telling device. It was awful with Violet, Riku, the Dwarves watching Franky&Senor, and for Cracker. How can you argue this is a better alternative than jut drawing a fight. The constantly starting and restarting chase was also bad and your only counter-argument here is that it wasn't that bad.

See this again further proves that you only look at how the tiers should work and only care about fights. What would you have Compote do ? Wasn't Smoothie active ? i remember her chasing the Straw Hats, making plans etc. You are mad that she didn't get a 1 v 1 fight. Big fucking deal. Wasn't Perospero hella active ? Didn't Mont D'or do things ? What annoys me about your posts is that you never criticize the series for it's actual shortcomings, you criticize it because some characters you wanted to see were shafted or how Bobbin should have gotten a bigger role. All of the things you mentioned aside from the Vinsmokes which is the only right thing you've posted are just your personal preferences that didn't come out true so Oda is shit. I mean you speak about Oda potentially doing nothing with the SP when all of them having done things and nearly 70% ot them are involved in the current arc.
    So this is you once again framing other person's argument in your way. I'm not even sure how it makes sense to bring up tiers and fights here. How does not wanting a character to literally stand around after being introduced have to do with power levels or 1on1 fights? Who knows what she and Snack could have been doing. There are literally infinite possibilities other than stand around.

Smoothie actually listened to Tomago for some strange reason and even seemed to listen to Dai. She threw some air slashes that the Sunny evaded because Jinbe is such a good Helmsman. She is a Sweet Commander and that was the extent of her contributions. She showed no agency or leadership at all.

That's 2 people. She had an entire Fleet. Oda had no realistic way of having them actually make logical moves and still maintain the idea the SH could realistically get away so he simply didn't write characters doing stuff. Well he actually did have ways but decided not to opting to keep them either inept or inert.

I don't like any characters getting shafted at all in any series. It's a stupid practice to spend any amount of time with a character just to throw them away unless it serves some purpose(like the weak hunters getting easily butchered by the PT to set-up anyone can die and how beastly the PT are). But that's beyond the point. It's that Oda spent a few pages setting up Bobbin as some Demon and the very very next chapter did nothing with him. So what was the point of story boarding and illustrating those panels? That is hours out of his day. Now you're gong to disregard that criticism and look at it in a vacuum instead of the bigger picture which is that he did that to multiple characters. Bobbin and Trebol are just the most egregious examples.

You're ability to improperly characterize a person's opinion is...idk even know. This entire paragraph has nothing to do with my point of view at all. Every single line is you making up what I said debating stuff that wasn't said or even implied or thinking of the few instances that go against my criticism. You keep completely re-framing every sentence because you don't want to acknowledge the real issues and points I have. It's easier to just tell me what I'm thinking and actually saying and call it stupid. Insanity....then again you are the guy who goes at it with Rax not getting that you 2 sound like the same guy going back and forth with himself. It's fine to disagree but to literally pretend words of text are not on your computer screen is something else.

15 chapters ? Are you sure ? Where did I say that there is no reason to give those guys serious fights ? I said there is no reason to make those fights too long as you want them. Big difference.
    So this is you admitting that the pointless fluff and detour panels and chapters only filling about 20 chapters was you making up a random number. In other words never debating in good faith just on your fanboy shit ready to argue any criticism re-framing it as something else. So not once have you done a once over to gloss how many panels, pages, and chapters didn't do much for the story?

I gave you no information on how long I want those fights to be. I didn't even give you any information for you to guess. You've been making stuff up framing my words how you want too and filling nonsense where you feel like. This entire post shows me that even when you're not being an obnoxious fanboy you're sycophancy is real and goes deep.
    Last edited by Dayum; 01-12-2019 at 01:36 PM.

I'm not replying to all of that. Once again you further prove that because some things didn't go your way in the story they were bad. That is literally what your tldr is for, as they are always. Calling me a sycophant won't change a thing. Also calling me a hypocrite ? Literally your post is filled with hypocrisy since now you praise the Katakuri fight yet you were constantly shitting on it and him because it didn't fit with your power levels. Give me a break. How is that a good example when according to you, the Katakuri fight was filled with PIS, CIS and all the inbetween ?

You further prove with the Bobbin stuff you posted that either you lack reading comprehension or you just like to comprehend whatever you like. That demon line you post regarding Bobbin was never about hyping him up, it was about hyping Mom. Trying to find some different meaning and making it seem like Bobbin was so important and Oda just threw him is just bollocks.

I'm not replying to all of that. Once again you further prove that because some things didn't go your way in the story they were bad. That is literally what your tldr is for, as they are always. Calling me a sycophant won't change a thing. Also calling me a hypocrite ? Literally your post is filled with hypocrisy since now you praise the Katakuri fight yet you were constantly shitting on it and him because it didn't fit with your power levels. Give me a break. How is that a good example when according to you, the Katakuri fight was filled with PIS, CIS and all the inbetween ?

You further prove with the Bobbin stuff you posted that either you lack reading comprehension or you just like to comprehend whatever you like. That demon line you post regarding Bobbin was never about hyping him up, it was about hyping Mom. Trying to find some different meaning and making it seem like Bobbin was so important and Oda just threw him is just bollocks.
    So now you're gonna double down on something I literally call you out for doing in the vary post I wrote; constant re-framing to whatever narrative you wan to argue against. You're a riot XD. Regardless of what it actually said you'll re-frame all points being made to just me or whoever not liking what happened.

Ok...? I'm allowed to like something for the choreography but dislike it for other reasons you weirdo :/. People can hold multiple takes on a single thing. So basically you're salty that you keep telling me that fights are pointless yet the only big up side to the last arc was a fight you defended. That did exactly what you're saying Oda can do without a fight; develop characters and themes of the series.

Wow. He said "even demons attend Momma's party". He was clearly talking about himself. Why would he reference Momma attending her own party?? The lengths you're going just to avoid debating the actual arguments being made is amazing.It is completely fine to disagree but you're literally avoiding all aspects of my real arguments and substituting your own to argue against. Now I'm starting to think you really are Rax on another account arguing with himself. Also doing exactly what I said you were going to do with Bobbin by talking about him in a vacuum.

That is hours out of his day. Now you're gong to disregard that criticism and look at it in a vacuum instead of the bigger picture which is that he did that to multiple characters. Bobbin and Trebol are just the most egregious examples.

At least try to not be predictable. The point wasn't about Bobbin but that's all you can focus on because the larger point is harder to argue against. Sycophant. Textbook example where you can't even acknowledge the criticism or issue with what some other argument. Like people defending R.Kelly or Cosby as just the man going after powerful black men...always re-frame it to anything other than what was actually stated.
    Last edited by Dayum; 01-16-2019 at 12:52 AM.