Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't mean you have to do so everyday, you can brainstorm one day and take notes and full on work the next day and another day you can just spend time with family or get sleep, you can keep on working a few chapters like that overtime and when something pops up in your mind that could be done better to a previous chapter or correcting potential errors or improving your art you can just go back and fix that shit.
    I already listed a problem with that you lose rhythm or you start to overthink things and try to add more to your story which deviates from it's original track. On the other hand it can also help like how you've listed but it really depends on the person. So like I said you can't prove Togashi works better a certain way so saying he's had a hiatus doesn't credit his work more that's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by ihascaketoo! View Post
    I already listed a problem with that you lose rhythm or you start to overthink things and try to add more to your story which deviates from it's original track. On the other hand it can also help like how you've listed but it really depends on the person. So like I said you can't prove Togashi works better a certain way so saying he's had a hiatus doesn't credit his work more that's the point.
    The point is that it's an option that could potentially benefit your series.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    The point is that it's an option that could potentially benefit your series.
    But you can't prove his work is better with a hiatus

I only got into the argument to add the point that time =/= good writing. Working under stress can force a person to write their best, on the other hand working with rests and breaks can help a person create something great. Both true but impossible to differentiate whether HxH has gotten better or worse since the hiatus because it's consistently been great albeit slow releases.

Objectively, HxH is better. But Toriko was far more entertaining IMO. The hype that came with every chapter was ridiculous. You felt there was no way Shima could top himself and then he manages to do just that in the very next chapter.

Midora was the epitome of hype.

There's rarely any manga that I read nowadays that gives hype vibes as Toriko used to, I fucking miss that series!

I do think the quality of Toriko would have been better if he was not rushed. That being said I already started to notice a dip in quality in part 2.

I think the crappy anime and part 2 being a bit weaker than part 1 led to it being rushed. Probably the anime killed it honestly, if the adaptation was better.... The hunter x hunter anime for example is almost perfect.

On a side note I wish Kingdom got a better anime too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456