• Emperors are stronger

16 69.57%
  • They're on the same level

7 30.43%
  • Admirals are stronger

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

On the difference between Admirals and Yonkou

I'm curious to see how the general perception has changed throughout these chapters. Personally I still believe the Admirals are on the same level as Yonkous.

I believe Empereros are superior except for the Fleet Admiral.

What Aether said. Akainu is stronger than BM and Teach, but is significantly weaker than Kaido.

Kizaru might be slightly weaker than all the other Yonkou's.

I believe Kizaru is above Aokiji but below Akainu - making him stronger than BM and BB but lower than Kaidou and Shanks

BB
    BM
    Aokiji
    Kizaru
    Akainu
    Shanks
    Kaidou

Minister of Negerkuss Charlotte Dingleberry's Avatar
    They are on the same general level, this much should be apparent by now. Replace Big Mom with any Admiral and the Big Mom Pirates would still be a solid Yonkou world power. Same goes for the Red Hair Pirates, Whitebeard Pirates or Beast Pirates. If Shanks was a Marine on the other hand, he'd be an Admiral. Fleet Admiral depends on politics, Kuzan and Sakazuki only had a decisive battle because they both had strong supporters in the Marine and WG.

The Yonkou in general are portrayed as more legendary though, especially Whitebeard and Kaido. Big Mom too but not to that extend. Shanks feels more like the new entrant and missing link between the old legends and middle gen. On the other hand you have Garp and Sengoku, the Marine counterpart to people like WB who were also Admirals or met the Admiral requirement in he past.

The two groups go hand in hand, with Yonkou making up the upper echelons of the top tier and Admirals the middle. Akainu's the exception, I'd place him solidly above Big Mom and probably even Shanks given the fact that Oda does not miss an opportunity to hype Akainu even outside the manga, i.e. Akainu being way too strong for protagonist because he'd be Pirate King in less than a year and the fact that Vivre Card Databook says his devil fruit packs the most power. Not to mention that Blackbeard backed off against Shanks and Akainu alike.
    Kaido
    Akainu - Blackbeard
    Mihawk - Dragon - Shanks -
    Big Mom - Kuzan
    Kizaru - Fujitora - Ryokugyu - Rayleigh - Garp - Kong - Sengoku
    Weevil - Benn Beckman - Katakuri - Marco - King - Shiryuu - Snakeman

The difference is the same as the one between Roger/Wb and Garp/Sengoku.

Minister of Negerkuss Charlotte Dingleberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luffee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The difference is the same as the one between Roger/Wb and Garp/Sengoku.
    So you believe any Yonkou is Roger/WB equivalent and any Admiral Garp/Sengoku in this equation? Because this is nonsense. I could see this being the case with Fujitora/Ryokugyu compared to Kaido but the difference between Akainu compared to Big Mom or Shanks shouldn't be this big.

Also, what about Rayleigh and Shiki? I think the current Yonkou are closer to Prime Raylegh than Roger.
    Kaido
    Akainu - Blackbeard
    Mihawk - Dragon - Shanks -
    Big Mom - Kuzan
    Kizaru - Fujitora - Ryokugyu - Rayleigh - Garp - Kong - Sengoku
    Weevil - Benn Beckman - Katakuri - Marco - King - Shiryuu - Snakeman

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Dingleberry View Post
    So you believe any Yonkou is Roger/WB equivalent and any Admiral Garp/Sengoku in this equation? Because this is nonsense. I could see this being the case with Fujitora/Ryokugyu compared to Kaido but the difference between Akainu compared to Big Mom or Shanks shouldn't be this big.

Also, what about Rayleigh and Shiki? I think the current Yonkou are closer to Prime Raylegh than Roger.
    Sorry should have expanded a bit more.

What I mean is that similar to Old gen, Yonkos and Admirals are counterparts to each other yet Yonkos are slightly ahead as a group. Not because the rank of an Admiral should be any less than a Yonko but simply because Oda makes the pirates slightly more legendary, formidable and larger than life.

This doesn’t mean however I’m saying every admiral is below every Yonko. I’d put Akainu above Big mom and about level with Shanks. I agree the Yonko are moreso on Prime Rayleigh level. I’d put Akainu on this level as well.

there is no divide

emperors are stronger.

this isn't an opinion based on the recent chapters. the manga has always emphasized their superiority.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

Admiral level = Emperor level, but I think the average strength of an Emperor might be higher than the strength of the average Admiral because the Emperors have more competition.
    No.​

Same tier, definetly can push each other to an extreme difficulty fight
    But I would put the Yonko slightly above the admirals

The difference in portrayal is clear cut.

The Indomitable Spirit The Shogun of Shoguns's Avatar
    Emperors are stronger, WB had to be nerfed to make Akainu a match for WB.

A healthy emperor deals with a admiral. 10 outta 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    I believe Kizaru is above Aokiji but below Akainu - making him stronger than BM and BB but lower than Kaidou and Shanks

BB
    BM
    Aokiji
    Kizaru
    Akainu
    Shanks
    Kaidou
    There's really no room inbetween Aokijj and Akainu. To be stronger than Kuzan you have to be at least as strong as Akainu considering their fight was an extreme-diff one

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    There's really no room inbetween Aokijj and Akainu. To be stronger than Kuzan you have to be at least as strong as Akainu considering their fight was an extreme-diff one
    Maybe should have worded that I mean current Aokiji, who I believe has fallen off a lot.

Original C3, as in no Fleet Admiral Akainu or no Crippled Aokiji I always have seen as absolutel equals.

Maybe should have worded that I mean current Aokiji, who I believe has fallen off a lot.

Original C3, as in no Fleet Admiral Akainu or no Crippled Aokiji I always have seen as absolutel equals.
    What makes you think he became a lot weaker? Dofla implied he had become more determined now than ever

So you think the ice leg significantly weakens him? And I rank them as being Akainu >= Kuzan >= Kizaru

What makes you think he became a lot weaker? Dofla implied he had become more determined now than ever

So you think the ice leg significantly weakens him? And I rank them as being Akainu >= Kuzan >= Kizaru
    Common shonen trope is the reason for my believe

Common shonen trope is the reason for my believe
    Which common trope? We've seen plenty of characters lose limbs and it not be mentioned to have noticeably weakened them; Sasuke Uchiha, Ed Elric, Hisoka, Guts, Eustass Kid, Crocodile, Gildarts etc etc

He has a fully functioning prosthetic and his fighting style doesn't have much of anything to do with kicks

- - - Updated - - -

Think it would be a bit different if Kuzan was a pure brawler and didn't have a devil fruit, let alone a logia

Kizaru could actually be stronger than Kuzan, as in he could probably extreme diff him. Akainu is still the strongest but I believe both could push him to extreme diff. The differences would be insanely small but still.