Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Not White too

Marineford was riddled with inconsistencies and you guys want to point towards some minor event that contradicts everything else we've seen to prove your point. Ridiculous.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But these structural consistencies have always been meaningful in One Piece, there's no basis for the assertion that it's meaningless. Even without these motif it's still strange for some mostly unremarkable 3rd subordinate to beat the first of another Yonkou. That position carries with it a lot of significance as we seen in the case of Marco after WB died. Katakuri has been strongly developed as a threat as well.

If Whitebeard's first mates really were that exceptional we would have seen that clearly in the war, instead we mostly got them being dominated with a few instances of them being able to "hang with" admiral level fighters
    They are meaningful but that doesn’t mean there’s a 1:1 correlation.

Its because they they were so exceptional that they could waltz up to the strongest military force in the world, despite a dying captain, and almost win.
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    Not White too

Marineford was riddled with inconsistencies and you guys want to point towards some minor event that contradicts everything else we've seen to prove your point. Ridiculous.
    Can you tell me what says that Vista cant keep up with Katakuri if he can keep up with Mihawk? Im just going facts that happened in the manga

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Vista fought on par with Mihawk, Katakuri never. I dont know why this is difficult for your brain to grasp.

It makes sense that WBs crew is stronger than the average yonkous crew, he never would have been confident he could save Ace if he had people like Cracker as his third best. The commanders showed they where good enough to rescue Ace in MF, Ace just made a mistake
    Vista didn't fight "on par" with Mihawk

Vista stalled him to allow Luffy to escape and him and Mihawk had the swordsman equivalent of getting coffee together before fucking off and deciding to do something else.

And that one instance does not invalidate the majority where Vista/Jozu/Marco performed embarrassingly if you're holding them to the same standards as an admiral

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    They are meaningful but that doesn’t mean there’s a 1:1 correlation.

Its because they they were so exceptional that they could waltz up to the strongest military force in the world, despite a dying captain, and almost win.
    That also has to do with their size

Now of course WB has the strongest crew in the world and his top 3 will be marginally stronger than the other top threes, sure.

But Vista > Katakuri? Nah.

Not White too

The whole manga is riddled with inconsistencies and red-herrings. By the logic some of you guys are presenting we should just throw the ewhoke manga away and take nothing seriously.
    No.​

Retired
    So PoPs actually said Vista would mess Katakuri up. What has this forum come to?

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Why is this even a thead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    That also has to do with their size

Now of course WB has the strongest crew in the world and his top 3 will be marginally stronger than the other top threes, sure.

But Vista > Katakuri? Nah.
    Yes, which I’ve been saying for ages now.

You can make whatever excuses you want, but Vista fought someone stronger than Shanks and Luffy just got one shorted by one of Shanks’ rivals the arc after Luffy beat Katakuri.
    No.​

Can you tell me what says that Vista cant keep up with Katakuri if he can keep up with Mihawk? Im just going facts that happened in the manga
    How about the litter of scenes showing Mihawk failing to dispatch enemies far weaker than Vista. The dude was strolling through Marineford without a care in the world and one little clash with Mihawk is enough to cement Vista as being stronger than Katakuri? We've been told the Yonko have all clashed numerous times and Katakuri is still defeated. You think he was just fighting the fodder in Whitebeard's crew all that time?

Literally, why would a Third Mate be heads and shoulders above another Yonko's FM. The best you could ask for is that Marco maybe high high-diffs Katakuri, not this Vista >> Katakuri line

Mihawk asked Vista to back off, and Mihawk is on Kaidous level. If Vista was as strong as Cracker at best, why wouldnt he just one shot him like Kaidou did to Luffy this chapter? You guys talk about inconsistency but they go both ways, all we really have at the end of the day is evidence of whats happened

We saw Vista fail to get past intangibility, so explain to me why you think he can hurt Katakuri. Im just going facts that happened in the manga

Mihawk asked Vista to back off, and Mihawk is on Kaidous level. If Vista was as strong as Cracker at best, why wouldnt he just one shot him like Kaidou did to Luffy this chapter? You guys talk about inconsistency but they go both ways, all we really have at the end of the day is evidence of whats happened
    Would I pummel a five year old into submission for annoying me?

How about the litter of scenes showing Mihawk failing to dispatch enemies far weaker than Vista. The dude was strolling through Marineford without a care in the world and one little clash with Mihawk is enough to cement Vista as being stronger than Katakuri? We've been told the Yonko have all clashed numerous times and Katakuri is still defeated. You think he was just fighting the fodder in Whitebeard's crew all that time?

Literally, why would a Third Mate be heads and shoulders above another Yonko's FM. The best you could ask for is that Marco maybe high high-diffs Katakuri, not this Vista >> Katakuri line
    The fights between Yonkos are never decisive, and just because Katakuri clashes with different people doesnt mean he outrights beats them or vice versa. You can have skirmishes with no winner, much like we saw at MF

Because of Mihawk's personality. No, seriously. He wouldn't want to kill swordsman worthy of his respect, and we really haven't seen Mihawk get serious against anyone so far.

The body of evidence shows Vista performing far more modestly and it's that we should be giving more consideration

Would I pummel a five year old into submission for annoying me?
    Daz Bones also annoyed Mihawk in Marineford, if Mihawk could just one shot Vista then why wouldnt he just do to him what he did to Daz Bones?

The fights between Yonkos are never decisive, and just because Katakuri clashes with different people doesnt mean he outrights beats them or vice versa. You can have skirmishes with no winner, much like we saw at MF
    If the Whitebeard Pirates were as powerful as you're saying they were, they would have no problem winning in these little skirmishes.

And for those peddling the bigger crew argument, let's not act like any Yonko with Haoshoku wouldn't dispatch the majority of those pirates within 2 seconds.
    Last edited by Zu; 11-03-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Retired
    Why do people take Marineford feats as gospel? Most of them made no sense. 60% rule of cool.

Crocodile survived Jozu and clashed evenly with Doflamingo, Luffy ate multiple kicks from Kizaru and made Garp bleed, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Why is this even a thead?

Daz Bones also annoyed Mihawk in Marineford, if Mihawk could just one shot Vista then why wouldnt he just do to him what he did to Daz Bones?
    There's a huge disparity there. Mihawk also didn't one-shot Crocodile after they clashed. Dude was just trying hard enough to dispatch fodder. Daz Bones being one of them.

Someone find me that panel where Mihawk is dueling Vista while looking the other way at Luffy

Mihawk failed to one shot Luffy, Daz and Crocodile, you guys ignore it.

Vista fails to hurt Akainu, you guys ignore it.

Vista and Mihawk fight, you guys don't ignore that.

Inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    We saw Vista fail to get past intangibility, so explain to me why you think he can hurt Katakuri. Im just going facts that happened in the manga
    Whitebeard failed to get past the admirals intangibility numerous times, fights between top tiers are complicated and we dont quite know how it really works logia intangibility really works at the top level. If we assume Haki is related to how focused you are in the fight it would make sense they couldnt get past his intangibility if they just saw Ace and Whitebeard die, and where likely both mentally and physically exhausted at that point.