Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 241
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no one denied america being a great place to become successfull. however the mindset of "america is THE country" and the leading nation in everything is simply wrong - which your argument implied.

    hence your overgeneralized statement makes no sense. this is why i confronted you with these specific points which are important factors in a civilians life.

    all these points place the united states - for several years in a row mind you - behind their western european counterparts.

    so instead of trying to ridicule the points in an overexagerated way why dont you adress these studies and surveys individually?
    America is THE country to being successful though, which is my point and only point I've made. I stated that people with ambition move to the U.S. and since you lack ambition you clearly took it personally and thought I was arguing that America is the best in all aspects. I admit, it's not. It has it's flaws like every country, but if we're strictly speaking being the best at equal opportunities and success then America is it.

    Don't try to misrepresent my point, fool.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    America's pretty nice if you're a white boy
    That is a weak mentality.
    Last edited by Reality; 11-08-2018 at 09:58 AM.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    America is THE country to being successful though, which is my point and only point I've made. I stated that people with ambition move to the U.S. and since you lack ambition you clearly took it personally and thought I was arguing that America is the best in all aspects. I admit, it's not. It has it's flaws like every country, but if we're strictly speaking being the at equal opportunities and success then America is it.

    Don't try to misrepresent my point, fool.

    - - - Updated - - -


    That is a weak mentality.
    I mean, it's true. I'm a white boy living in America and it's pretty nice lol
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    America is THE country to being successful though, which is my point and only point I've made. I stated that people with ambition move to the U.S. and since you lack ambition you clearly took it personally and thought I was arguing that America is the best in all aspects. I admit, it's not. It has it's flaws like every country, but if we're strictly speaking being the best at equal opportunities and success then America is it.

    Don't try to misrepresent my point, fool.

    - - - Updated - - -


    That is a weak mentality.
    yes, people with ambition might move to the US. but people with ambition also move to european countries. can you give a numerical value to your subjective opinion? an index for example? What fields do you speak of? And in what way do having possibilities in america in specific fields let us draw a conclusion to the entirety of the country for people who have no ambition in that specific field?

    For example:

    If I were a quantum physisict the biggest ambition I would have is to enter CERN, since its the most largest and well equipped program worldwide to conduct studies and work there. Located in Switzerland.

    If I were an upcoming HedgeFond manager my biggest ambition would be to get an education at one of the top 3 american universities and internships at BlackRock. Located in America.

    -

    So your argument of "ambition" falls flat on its nose, seeing that you have not specified it and linked it to the differences in possibilities around the world.

    Interesting that you are the one calling out other people for a supposed weak mentality when you are the one arguing with such an easy to see through strawman like "ambition -> go to america; you have no ambition -> so you dont go to america"

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, people with ambition might move to the US. but people with ambition also move to european countries. can you give a numerical value to your subjective opinion? an index for example? What fields do you speak of? And in what way do having possibilities in america in specific fields let us draw a conclusion to the entirety of the country for people who have no ambition in that specific field?

    For example:

    If I were a quantum physisict the biggest ambition I would have is to enter CERN, since its the most largest and well equipped program worldwide to conduct studies and work there. Located in Switzerland.

    If I were an upcoming HedgeFond manager my biggest ambition would be to get an education at one of the top 3 american universities and internships at BlackRock. Located in America.

    -

    So your argument of "ambition" falls flat on its nose, seeing that you have not specified it and linked it to the differences in possibilities around the world.

    Interesting that you are the one calling out other people for a supposed weak mentality when you are the one arguing with such an easy to see through strawman like "ambition -> go to america; you have no ambition -> so you dont go to america"
    Look at where the most innovative companies originate. Look at the reasons why the US creates faster growing startups than Europe, especially in tech. It's much easier to get a business starting in America than it is in Europe. Failure is frowned upon in Europe, failure is a part of the American culture. You don't go to Europe over the U.S. to start up your own businesses. This is a known motherly nature fact.

    The idea that you will live better based on your ethnicity is a bad mentality. You are already making excuses for possible failures. That is a weak garbage mentality. Your mentality is weak as well. Stop taking everything so personal.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look at where the most innovative companies originate. Look at the reasons why the US creates faster growing startups than Europe, especially in tech. It's much easier to get a business starting in America than it is in Europe. Failure is frowned upon in Europe, failure is a part of the American culture. You don't go to Europe over the U.S. to start up your own businesses. This is a known motherly nature fact.

    The idea that you will live better based on your ethnicity is a bad mentality. You are already making excuses for possible failures. That is a weak garbage mentality. Your mentality is weak as well. Stop taking everything so personal.
    The most innovative country by the way just was named Germany according to the worlds economic forum.

    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/...ative-economy/

    Granted the US take the lead in most competitive overall. Because they are rated as a single country, whereas the EU is not and still divided into its 27 member states.

    In overall competitiveness Europe has overtaken the US however.

    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/...se-in-the-u-s/


    -

    Also what the heck are you talking about ethnicity? Where and when have I ever mentioned anything about ethnicity?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The most innovative country by the way just was named Germany according to the worlds economic forum.

    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/...ative-economy/

    Granted the US take the lead in most competitive overall. Because they are rated as a single country, whereas the EU is not and still divided into its 27 member states.

    In overall competitiveness Europe has overtaken the US however.

    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/...se-in-the-u-s/


    -

    Also what the heck are you talking about ethnicity? Where and when have I ever mentioned anything about ethnicity?
    Irrelevant stats upon close inspection.

    It was in response to Zu who believes that being by just being white things will go good for him. Hence weak mentality. You are a big fool.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irrelevant stats upon close inspection.

    It was in response to Zu who believes that being by just being white things will go good for him. Hence weak mentality. You are a big fool.
    From your big arguments over "ambition" and whatnot we are now left with "youre a big fool", after having had a slight detour at "weak mentality".

    Thanks for the debate nontheless.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From your big arguments over "ambition" and whatnot we are now left with "youre a big fool", after having had a slight detour at "weak mentality".

    Thanks for the debate nontheless.
    It's true. Europeans can't put those innovations into the public hands, that's where they fail and that's where the Americans dominate even more so.

    More of a homicide than a debate.

  9. #109
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    84,404
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    always easy to dismiss when it's just rax, but crazy part is he's the not even the only one in this thread doing that. which is probably one of the biggest problems regarding racism in america currently. people are far more concerned with how people perceive them than acknowledging how even their implicit biases can contribute to the struggles minorities are constantly crying out about in this country.
    So, can you give me a few concrete examples of how "implicit bias" contributes to minority struggles? Because, first of all, how does an implicit bias even matter, unless it manifests into actual bias/discrimination/racism? Secondly, do you think all issues black people face (or whatever non privileged racial group you can think of) can be chalked up to some nebulous non-spoken racism? That's nonsense. How am I contributing to anything? Real problems have real causes and explanations. If someone does or says something racist, it's racist. Thoughts, especially unconscious ones, are not the source of anyone's problems.

    Especially considering how strongly they're discouraged by our culturally liberal, polite society where open mistreatment of minorities is strongly not tolerated. You can easily lose your job and reputation for saying anything bad about minorities in a public sphere. From primary education to the mainstream media, and yes even the Republican party, inclusion of all races is embraced and pushed.

    I think that this unconscious bias theory really is a pretty weak argument and is just a form of goalpost moving. Since outright racism is very rare and there's still a large disparity in outcome between races, it uh, must be invisible racism?

    All this said, I'm not completely closed to having my mind changed, if you can provide strong and factual evidence that implicit racism specifically is the primary cause of certain outcomes. When I say this, however, I don't mean fallaciously pointing at certain outcomes and using backwards reasoning.

    Otherwise I think this narrative isn't anything but damaging, continuing to place the blame on nonoffending people is really not productive. I suppose the alternative in trying to find evidence based approaches to improve minority outcomes is boring than just blaming white people though

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shhh, don't tell Rax that. Every country has racism, that's a fact. But not all countries are at a boiling point like the United States.
    Are we at a boiling point

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shhh, don't tell Rax that. Every country has racism, that's a fact. But not all countries are at a boiling point like the United States.
    Are we at a boiling point
    Last edited by Ultra; 11-08-2018 at 10:18 PM.

  10. #110
    Pretty Flacko Jr. bootleg boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    11,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All this said, I'm not completely closed to having my mind changed, if you can provide strong and factual evidence that implicit racism specifically is the primary cause of certain outcomes.
    doubt, but sure. i'll bite i guess.

    So, can you give me a few concrete examples of how "implicit bias" contributes to minority struggles? Because, first of all, how does an implicit bias even matter, unless it manifests into actual bias/discrimination/racism? Secondly, do you think all issues black people face (or whatever non privileged racial group you can think of) can be chalked up to some nebulous non-spoken racism? That's nonsense. How am I contributing to anything? Real problems have real causes and explanations. If someone does or says something racist, it's racist. Thoughts, especially unconscious ones, are not the source of anyone's problems.

    Especially considering how strongly they're discouraged by our culturally liberal, polite society where open mistreatment of minorities is strongly not tolerated. You can easily lose your job and reputation for saying anything bad about minorities in a public sphere. From primary education to the mainstream media, and yes even the Republican party, inclusion of all races is embraced and pushed.

    I think that this unconscious bias theory really is a pretty weak argument and is just a form of goalpost moving. Since outright racism is very rare and there's still a large disparity in outcome between races, it uh, must be invisible racism?

    All this said, I'm not completely closed to having my mind changed, if you can provide strong and factual evidence that implicit racism specifically is the primary cause of certain outcomes. When I say this, however, I don't mean fallaciously pointing at certain outcomes and using backwards reasoning.

    Otherwise I think this narrative isn't anything but damaging, continuing to place the blame on nonoffending people is really not productive. I suppose the alternative in trying to find evidence based approaches to improve minority outcomes is boring than just blaming white people though
    first of all, you know implicit bias by definition is when attitudes or stereotypes affect our understanding, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner. so it's not just "thoughts", as you put it. it inherently manifests into "actual bias", and discrimination; just unconsciously so.

    what's nonsense is the notion that it's somehow ludicrous for a minority class to be systematically oppressed by uncoscious biases from the overwhelming majority of that nation. you make up the majority of our police forces, our doctors, our judges, our politicians, employers, etc. individual's that have a huge influence for people in this society. i really shouldn't need to provide "strong and factual evidence",; something like this should be completely common sense for a country like america to go through, but it is what it is.



    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/materna...erican-crisis/
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...others-n873036
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifes...018-story.html
    https://www.ajc.com/news/national/bl...OWhQTZOFH0OdO/



    what's truly amazing is how this utter lack of empathy can manifest into this complete disbelief that minorities can be still suffering from systematic racism in a country that was historically built to oppress and marginalize anything different than the majority

    as well as allow you to convince yourself that you just must have this enlightened perspective on the struggles of a group of people you clearly don't care to associate much with; because no way can a group of people that look like you even be part blame of anything. you're privileged enough to not have experienced it, so it must not be a big deal, right?

    that ego, and lack of accountability is what's damaging. i could show you a vast body of evidence, point out how jim crow was only abolished 50 years ago, present all the statistics as well as statements from responsible parties that the war on drugs 20-30 years ago, and mass incarceration stemming from it specifically targeted mostly minorities - which btw resulted in a lot of black americans permanently losing the right to vote over minor convictions white people statistically walk away from, etc. but it all wouldn't matter.

    doesn't matter how much it's protested, how much the media screams it at you, how much it's reported on, or how often you see it in your face period.

    nothing's going to change if the majority class insists on dismissing these problems because they don't like to be associated with anything negative, or if the majority isn't bothered because it's not a problem affecting them personally. you're obviously not going to read this with an open mind of understanding when you automatically exasperate my claims, and assume a position on a stance you evidently have never heard of because of the racial narrative you associated it with; you're going to read to reply. since we're in a democratic government this attitude, and these implicit biases are even harmful among the common people.

    i mean, christ, how hard can it to believe that there are still big disparities in how this country treats things racially when segregation wasn't that long ago. hell, in 2018 there are still public and protected kkk meetings.

    this is not a "theory", and it's nothing new being said by me here. you love to blame this on media propaganda, or just black people whining over nothing, but this politically correct society isn't that old. these problems plaguing black and other minority communities you refuse to believe have been protested for decades, and have been ignored by white people for just as long because it's not a problem that affects them. there's a reason police brutality has been an issue for decades, but white people have never considered it an issue worth giving attention to, and even go out of their way to defend police actions.

    you're not red pilled. minorities aren't imagining the cause of their problems. you just don't care.

    we literally had someone shoot up a synagogue while shouting anti-semitic slurs less than two weeks ago

    in the same week we had a white man shoot two black people, and openly admit to a white bystander that it was racially motivated

    yet you could still claim in response to r that america "definitely" has less racially motivated crime than places in europe despite admittedly not knowing for a fact how many the two have in contrast

    i'm ranting, but it's not because i lack more statistical evidence than what i put out as i'm sure you'll try to hint at. just not naive enough to entertain this with the belief that this response of yours comes from a genuine desire of mutual understanding.

    the video(s), and supplementary link while only tackling one particular issue should be more than enough support for my point about implicit bias. should be able to piece together how it applies generally without it being spelled out.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

  11. #111
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    14,030


    this implicit bias shit is funny

    - - - Updated - - -

    ultra didn't reply, teo made him think hard

  12. #112
    8 DEVILS OF KIMON Fatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wano
    Posts
    3,615
    Dont we all have bias in some form or another?

    Please Donate To The Ocean Cleanup Fund
    >>>Ocean Cleanup Technology Explained<<<
    Currently Listening to
    Warp NFSP Podcast #37
    Anime Playlist: Goblin Slayer, Ninja Scroll, One Piece











  13. #113
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    18,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dont we all have bias in some form or another?
    Yup

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  14. #114
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    62,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup
    If it isn't our most handsome staff member



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  15. #115
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    18,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it isn't our most handsome staff member
    Nope it isn't

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  16. #116
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    62,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope it isn't
    You are, my Dutch pal



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    this implicit bias shit is funny

    - - - Updated - - -

    ultra didn't reply, teo made him think hard
    Inkstigator up to no good as usual.

  18. #118
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    84,404
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    doubt, but sure. i'll bite i guess.



    first of all, you know implicit bias by definition is when attitudes or stereotypes affect our understanding, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner. so it's not just "thoughts", as you put it. it inherently manifests into "actual bias", and discrimination; just unconsciously so.

    what's nonsense is the notion that it's somehow ludicrous for a minority class to be systematically oppressed by uncoscious biases from the overwhelming majority of that nation. you make up the majority of our police forces, our doctors, our judges, our politicians, employers, etc. individual's that have a huge influence for people in this society. i really shouldn't need to provide "strong and factual evidence",; something like this should be completely common sense for a country like america to go through, but it is what it is.
    No, you do need to provide evidence, that unconscious bias results in discriminatory behavior on such a wide scale. That's not "common sense", that's a pretty big assumption you're making. I can possibly see how it has some very small effects. But I did have a run in with the implicit bias test in the real world, recently, and from my research learned that it's really unreliable. I don't think we have a good way so far to study implicit bias or to empirically measure it. Common sense would dictate that it's a small factor though. Unless you think people are automatons or something.

    Oh, and this. Like I said

    > I don't mean fallaciously pointing at certain outcomes and using backwards reasoning

    Black women having a higher rate of maternal deaths? MUST BE RACISM. No, I took a few minutes to investigate the issue and found a (qualified) opinion that does a much better job of explaining the issue:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/medicine/co...ernal/dp4r0x7/

    I cannot say for a fact that "implicit bias" does not play a role here, just as much as you cannot say it does, but common sense would dictate again, that real world outcomes result from real world factors.

    what's truly amazing is how this utter lack of empathy can manifest into this complete disbelief that minorities can be still suffering from systematic racism in a country that was historically built to oppress and marginalize anything different than the majority

    as well as allow you to convince yourself that you just must have this enlightened perspective on the struggles of a group of people you clearly don't care to associate much with; because no way can a group of people that look like you even be part blame of anything. you're privileged enough to not have experienced it, so it must not be a big deal, right?
    Uh, okay.

    that ego, and lack of accountability is what's damaging. i could show you a vast body of evidence, point out how jim crow was only abolished 50 years ago, present all the statistics as well as statements from responsible parties that the war on drugs 20-30 years ago, and mass incarceration stemming from it specifically targeted mostly minorities - which btw resulted in a lot of black americans permanently losing the right to vote over minor convictions white people statistically walk away from, etc. but it all wouldn't matter.

    doesn't matter how much it's protested, how much the media screams it at you, how much it's reported on, or how often you see it in your face period.
    Well no, it wouldn't change my mind, because that was in the past, and I'm not denying it. These policies have a legacy too. But that doesn't disprove that systematic racism has been largely eliminated today. If it's so obvious then it shouldn't be hard to provide concrete modern examples.

    nothing's going to change if the majority class insists on dismissing these problems because they don't like to be associated with anything negative, or if the majority isn't bothered because it's not a problem affecting them personally. you're obviously not going to read this with an open mind of understanding when you automatically exasperate my claims, and assume a position on a stance you evidently have never heard of because of the racial narrative you associated it with; you're going to read to reply. since we're in a democratic government this attitude, and these implicit biases are even harmful among the common people.

    i mean, christ, how hard can it to believe that there are still big disparities in how this country treats things racially when segregation wasn't that long ago. hell, in 2018 there are still public and protected kkk meetings.
    You haven't made it clear what sort of policy changes you would like to see and I'm not opposed to discussing that. I fail to see the role implicit bias/racism takes in terms of voting...implicit bias is what people (supposedly) have no control over even if they're well meaning, by definition it encompasses liberals too.

    Now, as for me, my "biases" if that's what you want to characterize them as are not implicit, that would imply that my opinion actually...differs from what I'm saying? My opinions on this matter are pretty explicit. Just to make that clear. I've arrived at my conclusions from synthesizing the evidence, statistics, experience into my own model of understanding.

    And tbh I don't think I've been as biased and closed minded as you're charging, I think your own model is based on much weaker evidence and I haven't been strongly convinced by that. We obviously each carry some bias on this subject but all we can do aside from talk in circles is to try to have a meaningful, evidence based discussion.

    this is not a "theory", and it's nothing new being said by me here. you love to blame this on media propaganda, or just black people whining over nothing, but this politically correct society isn't that old. these problems plaguing black and other minority communities you refuse to believe have been protested for decades, and have been ignored by white people for just as long because it's not a problem that affects them. there's a reason police brutality has been an issue for decades, but white people have never considered it an issue worth giving attention to, and even go out of their way to defend police actions.

    you're not red pilled. minorities aren't imagining the cause of their problems. you just don't care.
    Again you're making historical appeals and blanket statements and further misconstruing my position. None of what you're saying here is amounting to anything related to our discussion.

    And yes, I do blame the media, or at least by extension our collective racial conscious for our current cultural understanding of racial dynamics. Earlier, you said I was "talking out of my ass". As you can see from just one statistical example, white on black murder less than half the rate of the reverse, without even counting per capita.

    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ender_2013.xls

    And of course murder isn't the only crime with this sort of disparity, but it is one that's rather irrefutable in terms of reporting, unless you wanna argue white people don't get arrested for murder.

    And, again, I'm not trying to hold this out in front of you and say "See! The blacks are at fault!", it's not that simple. But I will laugh in the face of narratives that defy reality. At least on the comfort of my cambodian basket weaving forum.


    we literally had someone shoot up a synagogue while shouting anti-semitic slurs less than two weeks ago

    in the same week we had a white man shoot two black people, and openly admit to a white bystander that it was racially motivated

    yet you could still claim in response to r that america "definitely" has less racially motivated crime than places in europe despite admittedly not knowing for a fact how many the two have in contrast
    You continue to exemplify my criticism of the media driving your worldview along with the rest of america. They can't and won't report on everything, they are selective. But the numbers don't lie. I could provide examples, but anecdotes aren't really useful either way so.

    I'm ranting, but it's not because i lack more statistical evidence than what i put out as i'm sure you'll try to hint at. just not naive enough to entertain this with the belief that this response of yours comes from a genuine desire of mutual understanding.

    the video(s), and supplementary link while only tackling one particular issue should be more than enough support for my point about implicit bias. should be able to piece together how it applies generally without it being spelled out.
    nah

    See the problem here is you'll inevitably think I'm in denial but I think you fail to understand my position, or perhaps even your own and as such, you cannot deconstruct your position in a convincing way and think these weakly related anecdotes are the final nail in the coffin.
    Last edited by Ultra; 11-09-2018 at 03:02 AM.

  19. #119
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    17,075
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    doubt, but sure. i'll bite i guess.



    first of all, you know implicit bias by definition is when attitudes or stereotypes affect our understanding, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner. so it's not just "thoughts", as you put it. it inherently manifests into "actual bias", and discrimination; just unconsciously so.

    what's nonsense is the notion that it's somehow ludicrous for a minority class to be systematically oppressed by uncoscious biases from the overwhelming majority of that nation. you make up the majority of our police forces, our doctors, our judges, our politicians, employers, etc. individual's that have a huge influence for people in this society. i really shouldn't need to provide "strong and factual evidence",; something like this should be completely common sense for a country like america to go through, but it is what it is.



    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/materna...erican-crisis/
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...others-n873036
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifes...018-story.html
    https://www.ajc.com/news/national/bl...OWhQTZOFH0OdO/



    what's truly amazing is how this utter lack of empathy can manifest into this complete disbelief that minorities can be still suffering from systematic racism in a country that was historically built to oppress and marginalize anything different than the majority

    as well as allow you to convince yourself that you just must have this enlightened perspective on the struggles of a group of people you clearly don't care to associate much with; because no way can a group of people that look like you even be part blame of anything. you're privileged enough to not have experienced it, so it must not be a big deal, right?

    that ego, and lack of accountability is what's damaging. i could show you a vast body of evidence, point out how jim crow was only abolished 50 years ago, present all the statistics as well as statements from responsible parties that the war on drugs 20-30 years ago, and mass incarceration stemming from it specifically targeted mostly minorities - which btw resulted in a lot of black americans permanently losing the right to vote over minor convictions white people statistically walk away from, etc. but it all wouldn't matter.

    doesn't matter how much it's protested, how much the media screams it at you, how much it's reported on, or how often you see it in your face period.

    nothing's going to change if the majority class insists on dismissing these problems because they don't like to be associated with anything negative, or if the majority isn't bothered because it's not a problem affecting them personally. you're obviously not going to read this with an open mind of understanding when you automatically exasperate my claims, and assume a position on a stance you evidently have never heard of because of the racial narrative you associated it with; you're going to read to reply. since we're in a democratic government this attitude, and these implicit biases are even harmful among the common people.

    i mean, christ, how hard can it to believe that there are still big disparities in how this country treats things racially when segregation wasn't that long ago. hell, in 2018 there are still public and protected kkk meetings.

    this is not a "theory", and it's nothing new being said by me here. you love to blame this on media propaganda, or just black people whining over nothing, but this politically correct society isn't that old. these problems plaguing black and other minority communities you refuse to believe have been protested for decades, and have been ignored by white people for just as long because it's not a problem that affects them. there's a reason police brutality has been an issue for decades, but white people have never considered it an issue worth giving attention to, and even go out of their way to defend police actions.

    you're not red pilled. minorities aren't imagining the cause of their problems. you just don't care.

    we literally had someone shoot up a synagogue while shouting anti-semitic slurs less than two weeks ago

    in the same week we had a white man shoot two black people, and openly admit to a white bystander that it was racially motivated

    yet you could still claim in response to r that america "definitely" has less racially motivated crime than places in europe despite admittedly not knowing for a fact how many the two have in contrast

    i'm ranting, but it's not because i lack more statistical evidence than what i put out as i'm sure you'll try to hint at. just not naive enough to entertain this with the belief that this response of yours comes from a genuine desire of mutual understanding.

    the video(s), and supplementary link while only tackling one particular issue should be more than enough support for my point about implicit bias. should be able to piece together how it applies generally without it being spelled out.
    So do you think creating ethno-states is a good way to alleviate racial tensions?

    Quote Originally Posted by X
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is this even a thead?

  20. #120
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    84,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So do you think creating ethno-states is a good way to alleviate racial tensions?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •