Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Haunter

30 50.00%
  • Kadabra

30 50.00%
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Finals: Haunter vs. Kadabra [Won by Haunter]

I've decided to use their official artwork so there's no bias. It's up to Ultra and Juan now to drop their own artwork/gif to convince the people. The poll will be up for two days, good luck.

VS

Last edited by Loki; 10-11-2018 at 05:15 PM.

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    It could've only ended one way.

Let them fight.

Let's go Haunter

I'm torn. On one hand Haunter's simple yet effective design is appealing with a great color scheme and a very cool typing. But Kadabra and that shiftiness with the whiskers and bold yet minimal design features (barring his stomach tats) calls to me. Haunter looks playful while Kadabra looks dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm torn. On one hand Haunter's simple yet effective design is appealing with a great color scheme and a very cool typing. But Kadabra and that shiftiness with the whiskers and bold yet minimal design features (barring his stomach tats) calls to me. Haunter looks playful while Kadabra looks dangerous.
    What makes Haunter special is he manages to both be vibrant and full of character while also capturing the spooky menace of a ghost typing, and that's a difficult balance to strike. This is a creature whose main features are sharp wicked eyes, jagged fangs, floating talons, and being all around full of triangular patterns which generally present a more jagged rough and unbecoming edge compared to circular rounded designs on character. The fact they can throw all of these elements on what appears to be such a simplistic design and still have you come in and describe him as "playful" really is a feat to show just how well rounded they made his seemingly simplistic design, it's truly a wonder.

Kadabra manages to look stern and wise with a design geared to accomplish just that, but Haunter manages to look charming and fun while full of design elements that would generally clash with that purpose.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 10-09-2018 at 03:49 PM.

I gotta give it to kadabra. The spoon speaks to me

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    What makes Haunter special is he manages to both be vibrant and full of character while also capturing the spooky menace of a ghost typing, and that's a difficult balance to strike. This is a creature whose main features are sharp wicked eyes, jagged fangs, floating talons, and being all around full of triangular patterns which generally present a more jagged rough and unbecoming edge compared to circular rounded designs on character. The fact they can throw all of these elements on what appears to be such a simplistic design and still have you come in and describe him as "playful" really is a feat to show just how well rounded they made his seemingly simplistic design, it's truly a wonder.

Kadabra manages to look stern and wise with a design geared to accomplish just that, but Haunter manages to look charming and fun while full of design elements that would generally clash with that purpose.
    That's a pretty persuasive argument.

The simple yet wide appeal of Haunter's spooky aesthetics reaches towards adults, while the general simple curves work for children. An all-ages Pokemon. Kadabra doesn't have quite the same going for it.

Haunter > Kadabra

Alakazam > Gengar

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Haunter > Kadabra

Alakazam > Gengar
    don't know about that one chief

Why did you give Jacob the shit tier kid avatar loki

Anyone remember this episode from the og pokemon anime?

And now we got Haunter and Kadabra here...

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Why did you give Jacob the shit tier kid avatar loki
    i think it looks v cool

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    don't know about that one chief
    I agree - Alakazam's design is excellent, Gengar's is good but Gengar doesn't seem nearly as imposing for a final evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    i think it looks v cool
    This showing looks pretty accurate of a Schoolkid Max with a Kadabra vs Ace Trainer Septimus with his Haunter

haunter ftw

kadabara is literally a jew

Haunter the GOAT

this is a great finale, i'm pretty surprised two good picks made it to the end in anything for the first time in this site.

but as much as i love hunter, his odds are too stacked ever since the beginning, while kadabra is a lot more surprising and deserving of an historical win.

@Joa; @Juan; @Makenzye; @Naki; ; @Tokio; @Zu;

only you guys can tilt the odds of this confrontation, brothers

do it for kadabra.

@gn_x00; @Great Potato; @RoyalIce;

if you still have a minimum of love and respect for kadabra, you're still in time to reconsider.

in doubt, vote for the one in time of need.

@White; did you really get cucked so hard by ultra that you're now following his instructions like a beaten up dog? Is there a limit to how much of a sorry excuse of a man you are?

if you still have a bit of self respect and pride, show me that you're a man and not a slime. Show it now, once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    this is a great finale, i'm pretty surprised two good picks made it to the end in anything for the first time in this site.

but as much as i love hunter, his odds are too stacked ever since the beginning, while kadabra is a lot more surprising and deserving of an historical win.

do it for kadabra.

if you still have a minimum of love and respect for kadabra, you're still in time to reconsider.

@White; did you really get cucked so hard by ultra that you're now following his instructions like a beaten up dog? Is there a limit to how much of a sorry excuse of a man you are?

if you still have a bit of self respect and pride, show me that you're a man and not a slime. Show it now, once and for all.
    Im pretty happy to make sure you dont get what you want than Ultra doesnt get what he wants. Jacob is the one who screwed Charmeleon out of his win anyway, hes the one who pays. You can stuff it Crispy, dont @ me

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post

do it for kadabra.

The fact a vermin like you is supporting Kadabra is all the reason I need to vote against him.

let's compare the road they had to get through to reach finals:

• kadabra had to go through monferno, servine, flaffy, pikachu, marshtomp
    • haunter had to go through cosmoeom, zweilous, krokorok, electabuzz, charmeleon

on the one hand, haunter arguably had the easier bracket considering how much this site loves the earlier gens, but the polls were finally close against power houses like electabuzz and charmeleon.

on the other hand, we have kadabra who had it rough from the start, going up against heavily favored starter mid-evolutions in the early rounds & winning them in convincing fashion. pikachu and marshtomp aren't slouches too.

as much as i like haunter, kadabra's efforts must be rewarded

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    I agree - Alakazam's design is excellent, Gengar's is good but Gengar doesn't seem nearly as imposing for a final evolution
    he might not be up to par in terms of design but there's nothing more imposing than dealing with gengar competitively. that sub/shadow ball/focus blast/pain split set was a nightmare