Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colombus Day

Quote Originally Posted by Wi S. Kennedeh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Colombus was Semitic, I.e not European

Why is it triggering mass migrations a good thing? The native North American people are now effectively extinct because of the millions of slaves Semites (Christians) importedinto America along with that boom in migration that they brought along

The Vikings discovered the americas before anyone else, and their only reaction to it was "nice lol" before heading back to Scandinavia/europe, not butchering the people they found there lol
    Colombus took credit for the mappings multiple Nordic people, he deserves no credit for just about anything really
    Columbus being a Semite isn't proven. Not that it really matters anyways. My point earlier was if it wasn't the Europeans who migrated it would of been someone else. Do you think some powerful nation is going to ignore a continent full of resources because it's occupied by a lesser advanced civilization? Thats just human nature. People want to demonize Caucasians for doing this; but if another race was in the same position I wonder how history would of played out? The US would be a third world country if the Europeans decided to stay put. Even if Columbus used a Nordic map he still made a significant discovery. Taking away Christopher Columbus Day just sounds like some people who's world views doesn't mesh decided were not doing this anymore.

Please Donate To The Ocean Cleanup Fund
    >>>Ocean Cleanup Technology Explained<<<
    Currently Listening To: Sickcast Vol 27
    Anime Playlist: Goblin Slayer, Hellsing Ultimate, One Piece

Columbus was a real jerk.
    Because of you

families can get their child the cancer treatment need without worrying about how to pay for it. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food. They can provide free housing to families, so kids aren't stuck in a hospital room while receiving the best cancer care.

DONATE HERE
    https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/...4262&pID=24671
    -------------------------
    I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ST. JUDE CHILDRENS RESEARCH HOSPITAL

Lets just be real tho, if the Europeans wouldn't have invaded -- it would have been the asians... because we all know everyone in Africa would have just chilled in Africa.

But we need to all collectively agree that the Europeans are the HPV of land discovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Honey, you know I love your vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    I must say i am baffled by the fact that someone would date Tifa, or that someone like Tifa is able to put a dude in a friendzone. Like are you really so depleted on the good looking girls? In my country no one would ever even look at her twice. We have 2/1 (Girl/Boy) ratio, and most of the girls are decent looking or hot. We have obese girls but they mostly die alone because even the ugly looking dudes can find a good looking girl if they are just not poor as fuck..
    2:1 ratio and you still can't get any ass? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    Dammit I deleted that so I could be saved from your rebuttal.

I regret ever giving you the opportunity to be more right about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    i used to drink mayonnaise as a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    I guess I'm confused. I mean yeah It was bad history, but to say it was false because they killed a bunch of indigenous people? Is that where the issue lies? Yes I am aware of people discovering north america way back when and that's awesome, but it didn't trigger any mass migrations. They basically hanged there for a while and then left. The chinese is still a mystery exactly what they did here but its fascinating. My point is OK so don't celebrate Columbus day because he was a terrible person so let's create pan american day that totally ignores his discovery and makes it about a union between the americas?
    Forget the mass murder of thousands for a second. You're celebrating his "achievements/legacy" of proving the earth was round and discovering America when in fact, he did NEITHER of those things

Also, Asian discovery of the Americas did trigger mass migrations, how to do all the native americans got here? From Asia!! Native Americans, Aztecs, Mayans, Incas etc. are all MONGOLOID
    CLUE - Assassin Game - click here!
    Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

Every culture has done fucked up things at one point.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

baste Hunterchad/Jobro Wi S. Kennedeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    Columbus being a Semite isn't proven. Not that it really matters anyways. My point earlier was if it wasn't the Europeans who migrated it would of been someone else. Do you think some powerful nation is going to ignore a continent full of resources because it's occupied by a lesser advanced civilization? Thats just human nature. People want to demonize Caucasians for doing this; but if another race was in the same position I wonder how history would of played out? The US would be a third world country if the Europeans decided to stay put. Even if Columbus used a Nordic map he still made a significant discovery. Taking away Christopher Columbus Day just sounds like some people who's world views doesn't mesh decided were not doing this anymore.
    It most definitely is lol, there's a sizeable amount of evidence to support/prove it, its just conveniently left out of conversation

No, It really does matter, when christians (semites) invaded Europe and genocided native Indo-Europeans before moving on to the same in the Americas, you can't conflate the two or ignore the fact that they're two entirely separate groups, one of which is a victim of the others murderous agenda

Christians subjected the natives (ame and euro) to:

- Promising peace and then massacring them instead

- Kidnapping their children, cutting their long hair and raising them to hate themselves and their heritage in Christian schools/monasteries (Children indoctrinated and raised to go on genocidal quests like their captors did)

- Cutting down their sacred trees and desecrating sacred sites

- Importing millions of slaves to replace them in their homeland

- Intentionally spreading disease to cut down their numbers (smallpox, the Black Death, etc)

- Murdering their keepers of traditions (witch hunts)

- Claiming "God" gave them the right to steal their land and murder "pagan savages"

- Falsified history to make them look like the bad guys

Methods that are still being employed today in Europe mind you, but that's besides the point

Europeans never willingly migrated during this time. Again, the two groups of christians and native Europeans are not the same

You're right. If it wasn't the semites/christians, it would have been one of the several other genocidal forces rampaging across the ancient world, it would have been the mongols/China, if it wasn't them it would have been Muslims/the Arab world. That has nothing to do with us though, and while christians might have been "kinder" than the other groups would have been, the third world/first world point falls flat when the people who originally lived there are nearly gone and the people who live there are all pretty much stolen from their homelands/convinces to move there because of circumstances created by christians, and again it falls to the natives of those lands to protect it, what Semites did in America has nothing to do with "caucasians" and cannot be held accountable for it, so the argument of "well if we didn't do it someone else would have" falls apart

A significant discovery to who? Christians? To say "we conquered and genocided here first"? Native Americans were doing fine, native Europeans were doing fine, and Europeans would have been on their merry way with a bright future if it wasn't for Semitic invasion

Columbus and Columbus Day will forever contribute to the stigma and demonization of "caucasians" and European history with something so vile so long as it continues to be "celebrated", especially when he's continuously referred to as "European" and there being more significant, actual European figures with accomplishments many times more impressive than anything Columbus "did", without the genocide to boot
    Last edited by Wi S. Kennedeh; 10-11-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara View Post

important part if you want to skip
    https://youtu.be/k8PQXiJiLOY?t=229

no one gave a flying fuck about Columbus until they wrote a fake biography about him ._. Just change the name to Pan American day like the rest of the New World and stop celebrating Columbus himself.
    So he didn't discover america even though he did set foot on the american continent? That's a very US centric and inaccurate description.
    Numbers are kinda weird too, no matter the difference in resources and the pacifism of the natives, we're supposed to believe Columbus decimated 250 000 people with 1200? They could defend themselves even if they were all cripples with these numbers.
    Also he went back and forth without ever returning with spice nor gold, and did not realize anything nor did anyone question him back in spain?

Fact is Columbus discovered many of the caribbean Islands, that are now spread between different countries officially, and also set foot in Jamaica and Venezuela.
    He did commit genocide but not in the ridiculous way brought up here.
    He conquered all those places in the hope of being considered viceroy, which could not really happen in an established country like India. The natives were also behaving as you'd expect people who are mostly isolated from the rest of the world would, and very differently from what people living right next to one of the most important commercial hubs of the time did. Not to mention that when he embarked on his first expedition he already had a deal with the king of spain to get profit from any land discovered, so even though he did think he'd end up in India he had planned for the eventuality of finding something on the way. If anything, he might have thought that what he set foot on was an extension of the indias in a broad sense, but knew he hadn't reached the place he wanted. (it's even suspected he might actually have known that there would be something there and did not truly believe the earth was smaller but lied to convince the king to let him sail, considering that the continent had in truth been discovered before that's not such an impossible thought).
    In any case his explorations to the american continent had an impact big enough for historians to consider it the keypoint transition between two historical periods, he brought the end of the middle ages and even though he was not the first he was the one who spurred more eastern explorations by europeans. The man might have been garbage, but his achievements are the real deal.

It's crazy how people have to be grossly inaccurate to further their point (not talking about you but this guy, who frequently makes overstatements just for appearances in videos supposed to clear misconceptions..)

That being said, I don't care about Columbus day, we don't celebrate it here

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Sickness killed everything.

If it hadn't killed 90 % of the native Americans I doubt the Europeans would have managed to defeat them.
    ​​

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    So he didn't discover america even though he did set foot on the american continent? That's a very US centric and inaccurate description.
    Numbers are kinda weird too, no matter the difference in resources and the pacifism of the natives, we're supposed to believe Columbus decimated 250 000 people with 1200? They could defend themselves even if they were all cripples with these numbers.
    Also he went back and forth without ever returning with spice nor gold, and did not realize anything nor did anyone question him back in spain?

Fact is Columbus discovered many of the caribbean Islands, that are now spread between different countries officially, and also set foot in Jamaica and Venezuela.
    He did commit genocide but not in the ridiculous way brought up here.
    He conquered all those places in the hope of being considered viceroy, which could not really happen in an established country like India. The natives were also behaving as you'd expect people who are mostly isolated from the rest of the world would, and very differently from what people living right next to one of the most important commercial hubs of the time did. Not to mention that when he embarked on his first expedition he already had a deal with the king of spain to get profit from any land discovered, so even though he did think he'd end up in India he had planned for the eventuality of finding something on the way. If anything, he might have thought that what he set foot on was an extension of the indias in a broad sense, but knew he hadn't reached the place he wanted. (it's even suspected he might actually have known that there would be something there and did not truly believe the earth was smaller but lied to convince the king to let him sail, considering that the continent had in truth been discovered before that's not such an impossible thought).
    In any case his explorations to the american continent had an impact big enough for historians to consider it the keypoint transition between two historical periods, he brought the end of the middle ages and even though he was not the first he was the one who spurred more eastern explorations by europeans. The man might have been garbage, but his achievements are the real deal.

It's crazy how people have to be grossly inaccurate to further their point (not talking about you but this guy, who frequently makes overstatements just for appearances in videos supposed to clear misconceptions..)

That being said, I don't care about Columbus day, we don't celebrate it here
    You forget that they had fire arms. To give an idea of powerful better technology is in battle, think of war tanks in WWI decimated armies that had shown up to battle on horse back. Or of how gatling guns in WWI mowed down soldiers with rifles.

Not to mention, he introduced foreign diseases that extinguished people en mass. He set up a colony, enslaved the Taino and used fertile farming land to mine for gold ._. What this meant was that Taino people began to starve because they couldn't grow food because of him. This led to full blown war and they were decimated. Many even committed suicide to escape punishment. He committed cruel, unspeakable atrocities and even terrorized his own men. Flaming asshole all around.

But that is besides the point. He didn't discover those islands because by definition, he'd have to be the first and he wasn't. That is point historians are trying to make. People willingly choose to be ignorant of this and it's disrespectful to people of indigenous decent in these countries. He wasn't even the first European to reach the Americas. And, he reached the Caribbean. Not even North America.

The video is on the comical side, but the genocide was REAL and BAD. He wasn't being ridiculous about that. As a result of the war, he was responsible for killing all those who didn't flee the islands, or marry their Spanish Conquistadors. So many indigenous women married Spanish men that it created the Mestizo race we have today. He brought the Taino to extinction.

He conquered all those places for economic reasons. It's always about economics. The Taino were gullible, beautiful, and subservient. He even wrote after meeting them, “They were very well built, with very handsome bodies and very good faces....They do not carry arms or know them....They should be good servants.” He wanted them to mine for gold.

You're hypothesizing about what he thought instead of listening to those who studied his thoughts from his jounals.

In any case, his "achievements" that are being celebrated are all false and therefore should not be celebrated. Him being a garbage human being only makes it worse!

It was presented in a comical way which I understand because it's for entertainment purposes. But they teach kids in the US that he discovered America. That he proved the earth was round. Nobody is seriously looking to youtube for historical accuracy, but to call it grossly inaccurate isn't true.

These are but some of the facts. Very educational.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/trave...aino-73824867/

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/trave...rld-140132422/

That being said, I like holidays Pan American Day FTW. I got a 4 day weekend because of it.
    CLUE - Assassin Game - click here!
    Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

so we just out here saying the OP's misspellings are cool and uneditable?
    Honey, you know I love your vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    I must say i am baffled by the fact that someone would date Tifa, or that someone like Tifa is able to put a dude in a friendzone. Like are you really so depleted on the good looking girls? In my country no one would ever even look at her twice. We have 2/1 (Girl/Boy) ratio, and most of the girls are decent looking or hot. We have obese girls but they mostly die alone because even the ugly looking dudes can find a good looking girl if they are just not poor as fuck..
    2:1 ratio and you still can't get any ass? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    Dammit I deleted that so I could be saved from your rebuttal.

I regret ever giving you the opportunity to be more right about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    i used to drink mayonnaise as a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.