Thread: Colombus Day

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every explorer did a little murdering and raping though sooo

You can't apply today's moral standards to 500 years ago

But that could be an appropriate name change

- - - Updated - - -

Look it up
    A lot of them definitely did, I don't know about ALL of them. Still Columbus was on another level of scummy and on top of being a bad explorer at that

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    How did you spell Columbus wrong 4 times?
    shh he has a **s u p e r i o r** IQ

I'm not American so I don't really care.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

It's not.
    it is

What does it matterif some spaniard has his own day?

Okay, I'll break that trend. Zoro bas better DC than Jinbe, and is mountain busting at the very least as what was shown with Pica. He is also at least MHS as he was able to blitz Kuma, the same person who was able to contend with the MHS Gear Second Luffy. Zoro's durability is island level when it comes to blunt force, evident by how he tanked having Luffy's pain being transferred to him, and Luffy had tanked island busting attacks up until that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    What does it matterif some spaniard has his own day?
    Because there's some butt hurt minorities that can't stand to hear about wypipos past accomplishments.
    Reading One Piece, Toriko , Holy Land, Solo Leveling, Dr Stone//

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    it is
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Honey, you know I love your vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    I must say i am baffled by the fact that someone would date Tifa, or that someone like Tifa is able to put a dude in a friendzone. Like are you really so depleted on the good looking girls? In my country no one would ever even look at her twice. We have 2/1 (Girl/Boy) ratio, and most of the girls are decent looking or hot. We have obese girls but they mostly die alone because even the ugly looking dudes can find a good looking girl if they are just not poor as fuck..
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    2:1 ratio and you still can't get any ass? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    Dammit I deleted that so I could be saved from your rebuttal.

I regret ever giving you the opportunity to be more right about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    i used to drink mayonnaise as a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

*Some guy we celebrate today used to do evil shit centuries ago*

U may aswell say that for almost every single celebrated hero/leader of the past.

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    He found America for all intensive purposes. Please don't go there with the we wus kangs shit. People may have discovered it before; but these colonizers made it a super power.
    He was italian. Last I checked America wasn't colonized by the Italians
    CLUE - Assassin Game - click here!
    Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

How did you spell Columbus wrong 4 times?

screaming

Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara View Post
    He was italian. Last I checked America wasn't colonized by the Italians
    Caucasian/middle eastern whatever

Caucasian/middle eastern whatever

important part if you want to skip
    https://youtu.be/k8PQXiJiLOY?t=229

no one gave a flying fuck about Columbus until they wrote a fake biography about him ._. Just change the name to Pan American day like the rest of the New World and stop celebrating Columbus himself.

important part if you want to skip
    https://youtu.be/k8PQXiJiLOY?t=229

no one gave a flying fuck about Columbus until they wrote a fake biography about him ._. Just change the name to Pan American day like the rest of the New World and stop celebrating Columbus himself.
    Even though he technically didn't land in north america he landed in the Americans which would trigger the Maas migration of Europeans to North and South America. Look i get it he was a bad person it sounded like, but are we really judging the way people acted way back then? I know this is a sensitive topic with minorities and indigenous people but it happened. We can't take it back, but what we shouldn't be doing is trying to erase history because it doesn't sit well with people. It's history right or wrong and he did play a part in paving the way towards finding America. If it wasn't the Europeans someone else would of invaded eventually. Indigenous cultures have always been at the whim of more advanced ones.

Quote Originally Posted by A View Post

screaming
    Leave me alone

Even though he technically didn't land in north america he landed in the Americans which would trigger the Maas migration of Europeans to North and South America. Look i get it he was a bad person it sounded like, but are we really judging the way people acted way back then? I know this is a sensitive topic with minorities and indigenous people but it happened. We can't take it back, but what we shouldn't be doing is trying to erase history because it doesn't sit well with people. It's history right or wrong and he did play a part in paving the way towards finding America. If it wasn't the Europeans someone else would of invaded eventually. Indigenous cultures have always been at the whim of more advanced ones.
    adapting the holiday isn't erasing history. we can recognize his legacy without celebrating it.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    adapting the holiday isn't erasing history. we can recognize his legacy without celebrating it.
    Are you referring to Pan American Day?

this has nothing to do with erasing history. On the contrary, celebrating him as a wise explorer who "discovered" the americas, when he really was murderous idiot erases history even more ._. he wasn't even the first european to find the americas.

Columbus day is literally about celebrating a false history. That's why the rest of the world has changed it to Pan American Day.

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore, The Chinese were trading with people from the Americas for over a thousand years before Columbus even showed up ._.

this has nothing to do with erasing history. On the contrary, celebrating him as a wise explorer who "discovered" the americas, when he really was murderous idiot erases history even more ._. he wasn't even the first european to find the americas.

Columbus day is literally about celebrating a false history. That's why the rest of the world has changed it to Pan American Day.

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore, The Chinese were trading with people from the Americas for over a thousand years before Columbus even showed up ._.
    I guess I'm confused. I mean yeah It was bad history, but to say it was false because they killed a bunch of indigenous people? Is that where the issue lies? Yes I am aware of people discovering north america way back when and that's awesome, but it didn't trigger any mass migrations. They basically hanged there for a while and then left. The chinese is still a mystery exactly what they did here but its fascinating. My point is OK so don't celebrate Columbus day because he was a terrible person so let's create pan american day that totally ignores his discovery and makes it about a union between the americas?

Pls no

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Bright Eyed Solstice Wi S. Kennedeh's Avatar
    I guess I'm confused. I mean yeah It was bad history, but to say it was false because they killed a bunch of indigenous people? Is that where the issue lies? Yes I am aware of people discovering north america way back when and that's awesome, but it didn't trigger any mass migrations. They basically hanged there for a while and then left. The chinese is still a mystery exactly what they did here but its fascinating. My point is OK so don't celebrate Columbus day because he was a terrible person so let's create pan american day that totally ignores his discovery and makes it about a union between the americas?
    Colombus was Semitic, I.e not European

Why is it triggering mass migrations a good thing? The native North American people are now effectively extinct because of the millions of slaves Semites (Christians) importedinto America along with that boom in migration that they brought along

The Vikings discovered the americas before anyone else, and their only reaction to it was "nice lol" before heading back to Scandinavia/europe, not butchering the people they found there lol
    Colombus took credit for the mappings of multiple Nordic people, he deserves no credit for just about anything really
    Last edited by Wi S. Kennedeh; 10-11-2018 at 09:27 PM.