so the army ranking goes

4th Squadron

Squadron Commander Kallavan

Assistant Squadron Commander Elphasion

Division Commander Ari Bright Sharon
    Division Commander Ha Cheonhee

Assistant Division Commander Kay
    Assistant Division Commander Dorian Frog

I'm assuming those at the division commander rank is at the very least, on Yuri's level of strength or even higher (Cheonhee). This is getting pretty crazy.

dang it, I really wanted question mark feg to die

thought Baam wanted to save Rachel again but it's Boro and Sachi lol

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dang it, I really wanted question mark feg to die

thought Baam wanted to save Rachel again but it's Boro and Sachi lol
    lol

imagine if he ends up saving rachel on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    lol

imagine if he ends up saving rachel on the way...

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

There's nothing Yuri and Evan can do now, to be honest. They're surrounded by High-Rankers from Jahad's army, and can't act suspiciously otherwise they're probably be dealt with by betraying Jahad. I could see Yuri betraying Jahad, however not at this point of the story.

I'm liking the question mark guy so far. He seems like an interesting character, and his abilities are pretty cool. I wonder why his question spell didn't work on Baam. It might not work on Irregulars, because I can't think of any other reason. Apparently Baam's Flare Wave Explosion managed to damage the question mark guy despite the spell he used to block Baam's attack.

It's great how every chapter ends with something we can look forward to. I mean, look at the last panel. Evankhell, Hansung and Karaka's shadows are going to fight the Jahad army's High-Rankers.

shit is about to go down when Evankhell and Jinsung enters the battle field. And damn Kallavan must be a monster.

What a chapter.

Can a fight between this many High Rankers really happen at this point though? I'm thinking we'll get some teasers from some of the big names before all of it is interrupted one way or another; a rebellious Family head, an Admin, or something entirely unexpected (hopefully not Urek, he's been the star of the show just recently).

The assumption that the spells don't work on Baam because he's an Irregular is probably right, because there's no way what so ever that Baam is at a level where he can just NLF someone who's supposedly Ranker level.

Zahard has certainly assembled quite an army, it's becoming more and more obvious why his rule has been unchallenged for millennia.

Finally, Evankhell, Hansung and Karaka's shadow are about to fuck shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    I'm assuming those at the division commander rank is at the very least, on Yuri's level of strength or even higher (Cheonhee). This is getting pretty crazy.
    Considering Yuri's comment about Cheonhee being stronger (although that probably changed with Yuri being able to ignite her weapons now), as well as Jinsung's comment about Kallavan being troublesome for him, I'd say:

4th Squadron

Squadron Commander Kallavan: ~80

Assistant Squadron Commander Elphasion: 150 - 200

Division Commander Ari Bright Sharon: 300 - 400
    Division Commander Ha Cheonhee: 300 - 400

Assistant Division Commander Kay: 700 - 900
    Assistant Division Commander Dorian Frog: 700 - 900

We're not even sure what numbers Jinsung and Yuri are, apart from being top #100 and #500, but Kallavan and Cheonhee shouldn't be much higher than this.
    Elphasion wasn't compared to anyone, but I assume he's closer in rank to his superior, rather than his subordinates.
    The last two are random guesses, although I don't think anything lower than 900 is likely, as you wouldn't be a high ranking officer if you can barely edge out your High Ranker status.

I would have put Sharon and Cheonhee more between 150-250 assuming Cheonhee is indeed still noticeably stronger than Yuri and that Sharon is at least as strong as her. 300-400 is more the range where I'd put Yuri, given she was already top 500 at the beginning and supposedly rose up the ranks a lot once she got Green April.
    Though in the end the conversation between Cheonhee and Yuri might as well have been a set up for a confrontation between them with Yuri edging it out for the first time. I'd rank Elphasion around the same sport as the division commanders, perhaps slightly stronger. Though all of that is mostly feeling and guess work.

But your ranking of Kallaban suggests you think FUG has this in the bag? If he is "only" 80 then no one can deal with Evankhell one on one and they'll have one more top 100 (plus potentially White). I would expect Kallaban to be in the 40-60 range, at least quite a bit away from bottom of top 100 as Maschenny herself is top 100 and Jinsung didn't show any concern facing her, though here again we weren't privy to his thoughts and even assuming he was indeed confident there might be bigger differences in 10 sports in top 100 than in 100 in top 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    I would have put Sharon and Cheonhee more between 150-250 assuming Cheonhee is indeed still noticeably stronger than Yuri and that Sharon is at least as strong as her. 300-400 is more the range where I'd put Yuri, given she was already top 500 at the beginning and supposedly rose up the ranks a lot once she got Green April.
    Though in the end the conversation between Cheonhee and Yuri might as well have been a set up for a confrontation between them with Yuri edging it out for the first time. I'd rank Elphasion around the same sport as the division commanders, perhaps slightly stronger. Though all of that is mostly feeling and guess work.
    Yeah, the conversation implied Cheonhee used to be stronger, while that may no longer be the case. Since we don't know what spot Yuri is at, I'd assume it would be 300-400, which she will now surpass.

Moving up 200 ranks in the top 500 is not gonna be that easy though, I'm thinking baby steps at best. Certainly not something she'd attain just by managing to ignite her weapon. Like, if she was 300-400 before the Floor of Death, I'd say she couldn't have climbed higher than 250-300.

Elphasion is a rank higher, that's why I'm assuming there's a sizeable gap between them. Doesn't have to be, we're not even sure how the army ranks work just yet, perhaps it's only a small difference like you said.

But your ranking of Kallaban suggests you think FUG has this in the bag? If he is "only" 80 then no one can deal with Evankhell one on one and they'll have one more top 100 (plus potentially White). I would expect Kallaban to be in the 40-60 range, at least quite a bit away from bottom of top 100 as Maschenny herself is top 100 and Jinsung didn't show any concern facing her, though here again we weren't privy to his thoughts and even assuming he was indeed confident there might be bigger differences in 10 sports in top 100 than in 100 in top 500.
    You're right about Maschenny, I somehow forgot about that, and in turn put Jinsung lower than he should be. I'm thinking he's not as high as Evankhell, otherwise his exact rank would be stated, so 60+ sounds alright for him.

Since he didn't say Kallavan is stronger, just that he would be troublesome, that makes me think Evankhell is so far the strongest participant on the field. Unless, of course, Jinsung is stronger than Evankhell.

Did not everyone believe that Yuri could ignite the 13 month series? I remember it was kind of big deal in floor of death, so igniting a 13 month series should not raise her rank. If anything, obtaining green april would have.

Evankhell and Karaka's company about to fug up some people.

I thought Kallavan was confirmed rank ~50? I remember reading that when he was first mentioned in a spoiler.

Ranking aren't all about strength either so all the Commanders should have inflated Ranks due to their status as Jahad's people just like Guide's have inflated ranks. So someone like Cheon probably has a decently high Rank given her position.

Confirmation there are only 4 Squadrons. So are Squadron Commanders 1-3 split between going after Gustang and FuG like how Kallavan's men went after Yansung?

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Did not everyone believe that Yuri could ignite the 13 month series? I remember it was kind of big deal in floor of death, so igniting a 13 month series should not raise her rank. If anything, obtaining green april would have.
    That's true, forgot about it since it was done as a semi-gag scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    I thought Kallavan was confirmed rank ~50? I remember reading that when he was first mentioned in a spoiler.

Ranking aren't all about strength either so all the Commanders should have inflated Ranks due to their status as Jahad's people just like Guide's have inflated ranks. So someone like Cheon probably has a decently high Rank given her position.

Confirmation there are only 4 Squadrons. So are Squadron Commanders 1-3 split between going after Gustang and FuG like how Kallavan's men went after Yansung?
    Think that was just a guess or something, don't recall seeing it afterward.

Weren't you adamant about Zahard not having any influence when it comes to ranking? Honestly don't see why that would grant them any influence, they're just pawns moving at the King's orders. If anything, I'd wager they have next to no autonomy.
    Evan and guides in general are a different story, they possess something that no one else does.

Not sure what's happening with the Squadrons here, so they'll send 3 Squadrons here, but only one Squardon commander? Why are the Squadrons not accompanying their Commanders?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    I thought the bubbles were Evan's?
    Gonna answer this one here as well, since we're done with the last chapter discussion.

You sure? I honestly don't know, although it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    That's true, forgot about it since it was done as a semi-gag scene.

Think that was just a guess or something, don't recall seeing it afterward.

Weren't you adamant about Zahard not having any influence when it comes to ranking? Honestly don't see why that would grant them any influence, they're just pawns moving at the King's orders. If anything, I'd wager they have next to no autonomy.
    Evan and guides in general are a different story, they possess something that no one else does.

Not sure what's happening with the Squadrons here, so they'll send 3 Squadrons here, but only one Squardon commander? Why are the Squadrons not accompanying their Commanders?

Gonna answer this one here as well, since we're done with the last chapter discussion.

You sure? I honestly don't know, although it would be great.
    I'm 99% sure Kallaban's ranking hasn't been officially revealed.
    I think he's gonna be stronger than Jinsung and Evankhell because having three top 100 (Evan) + potentially White at full power, if two of them are stronger than the strongest opponent, makes it seem unbalanced given the difference there seems to be between ranks (Cheonhee appears to be way stronger than Frog). Even though Evan doesn't have the strength of a top 100 him Karaka Yuri and Hansung are likely above anyone below Cheonhee, though a third commander might be coming.

Btw, there is another différence from the spanish trad I read before, it said 3 of the 4 divisions of the squadron were converging there with the commander himself also being on the move. Imo it makes more sense since we use Cheonhee, Sharon came with the vice captain and a third division might be transporting Kallaban

Pretty sure the bubbles come from Yuri, especially since she was the one shown when they moved to catch White too and she took credit for capturing the two players

I'm 99% sure Kallaban's ranking hasn't been officially revealed.
    I think he's gonna be stronger than Jinsung and Evankhell because having three top 100 (Evan) + potentially White at full power, if two of them are stronger than the strongest opponent, makes it seem unbalanced given the difference there seems to be between ranks (Cheonhee appears to be way stronger than Frog). Even though Evan doesn't have the strength of a top 100 him Karaka Yuri and Hansung are likely above anyone below Cheonhee, though a third commander might be coming.

Btw, there is another différence from the spanish trad I read before, it said 3 of the 4 divisions of the squadron were converging there with the commander himself also being on the move. Imo it makes more sense since we use Cheonhee, Sharon came with the vice captain and a third division might be transporting Kallaban

Pretty sure the bubbles come from Yuri, especially since she was the one shown when they moved to catch White too and she took credit for capturing the two players
    Sure it may seem unbalanced, but Jinsung doesn't come off as someone who boasts unnecessarily, don't see him say Kallavan would be "troublsome" if he was flat out stronger.

Have the translations been off recently?

The bubbles might be from Green April.

I can't tell for sure since this one is the official one in theory. But to me it makes more sense that 3 divisions of the 4th squadron are converging there than having 3 whole squadrons meet up.

Well Jinsung didn't have anyone to boast to in any case, I just think this kind of sentence can go anywhere from "he's barely weaker than me" to "I'm in deep shit with this guy". The way I took it it means that Jinsung is unsure of whether he can defeat Kallaban, meaning Kallaban is unlikely to be ranked 20 and Jinsung 80, but if they have only a few ranks of difference he'd know him from reputation and know he's ranked higher without being sure of whether he is really stronger or not (since he himself has apparently been inactive for a long time, preventing his own rank from rising) and that'd fit with the situation. Though I can see why someone would draw another conclusion from this scene.

I don't think they come from Green April, Karaka seemed to think it was a completely different item and Green April already has a special ability.

I can't tell for sure since this one is the official one in theory. But to me it makes more sense that 3 divisions of the 4th squadron are converging there than having 3 whole squadrons meet up.

Well Jinsung didn't have anyone to boast to in any case, I just think this kind of sentence can go anywhere from "he's barely weaker than me" to "I'm in deep shit with this guy". The way I took it it means that Jinsung is unsure of whether he can defeat Kallaban, meaning Kallaban is unlikely to be ranked 20 and Jinsung 80, but if they have only a few ranks of difference he'd know him from reputation and know he's ranked higher without being sure of whether he is really stronger or not (since he himself has apparently been inactive for a long time, preventing his own rank from rising) and that'd fit with the situation. Though I can see why someone would draw another conclusion from this scene.

I don't think they come from Green April, Karaka seemed to think it was a completely different item and Green April already has a special ability.
    Yeah, would make more sense for divisions to be on their way, rather then the (leaderless) squadrons.

I agree, it's quite ambiguous and could go either way. I'd personally never go for "he's troublesome" for someone stronger, but that's just me.

Maybe we're supposed to be confused, usually we're pretty much always certain what's happening when it comes to attacks, while this has just been weird all around.

I wonder if Jinsung has called some of his underlings to help.

He should not be aware that Evankhell, Yu Han Sung and Karaka's shadows are going there as well, and protecting Baam while potentially fighting against Kallavan will certainly be troublesome.

He also needs to free #NotHisFavoriteStudent, unless shadows will take care of that.

He should not be aware that Evankhell, Yu Han Sung and Karaka's shadows are going there as well, and protecting Baam while potentially fighting against Kallavan will certainly be troublesome.

He also needs to free #NotHisFavoriteStudent, unless shadows will take care of that.
    He may have, but they'll have to arrive on their own. He rushed off with one of the ships, doubt he waited for anyone to join him.

FUG should be pretty busy though, they're being gunned for as well.

Jinsung's strength being so great he can accomplish all of this without backups