Garou as the protagonist of OPM

Would you prefer OPM if the story followed Garou instead of focusing on Saitama? I love Saitama, but Garou as the protagonist is pretty appealing tbh. Plus having Saitama as some hidden boss would be interesting

wouldnt mind it

I like the comedy element Saitama brings, but I think as a full blown series I'd enjoy the same world and setting with a more grounded protagonist like Garou without the get-out-of-jail card that is Saitama more, would allow to build actual tension.

the gag just falls flat when its extrapolated to this scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the comedy element Saitama brings, but I think as a full blown series I'd enjoy the same world and setting with a more grounded protagonist like Garou without the get-out-of-jail card that is Saitama more, would allow to build actual tension.

Yeah the laid back comedy with Saitama is great, but I cant help think about how much better the MA arc would have been if we had Garou as the protagonist instead of Saitama. Like it seems like the webcomic is almost taunting us with how well written Garou is and with what could have been compared to how static Saitama is in comparison.

I feel like all the stuff Garou did in the MA arc would have been infinitely better if the story just followed him with the suspense of where hes going to end up and how its going to end for him would have been much better. Which is why Im glad Saitama has taken such major shade this arc, its been well worth it for all the development of the other characters

itd be cool if we had him as a secondary protagonist

like an arc on saitama an arc on garou

Garou basically was the protagonist for a large part of his arc in the manga. Wouldn't have any issue with him being the full on protagonist, he's the best character in the series imo

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post

So would you be open to a spin-off that follows the world a bit more seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    So would you be open to a spin-off that follows the world a bit more seriously?
    yamero
    Come and play some

Hosted by Shane

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    yamero
    Spin offs for everybody.

Honestly, if he was the protagonist from the start then the series would never get so popular as it is now.

No, because it'd be just another fighting manga.