Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Rali View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worst season yet
    Think the only thing I'll be watching is Jojo for the King Crimson memes.
    goblin slayer dude

Worst season yet
    Think the only thing I'll be watching is Jojo for the King Crimson memes.
    You suck

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    goblin slayer dude
    Goblin Slayer sucks though Basically an edgefest with nothing interesting going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    You suck

huh, Alicization already? that was quite fast

goblin slayer and slime

Gyakuten Saiban

Goblin Slayer sucks though Basically an edgefest with nothing interesting going on.

Negged

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

baste Hunterchad/Jobro Wi S. Kennedeh's Avatar
    othinus bby finally coming

Nr1 Tired Dad of TMF Featherine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskodeh View Post
    othinus bby finally coming
    Really doubt it

Othinus first appeared in NT 4 and was refrenced in PT 22

new seasons is focusing on WW3 which started in like PT 14

jojo, gakuen basara and tiramisu for now. might give a few others a shot out of curiosity but I doubt id have the time.

baste Hunterchad/Jobro Wi S. Kennedeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Featherine View Post
    Really doubt it

Othinus first appeared in NT 4 and was refrenced in PT 22

new seasons is focusing on WW3 which started in like PT 14

immutably disappointed

least we still have misaki
    right

Nr1 Tired Dad of TMF Featherine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskodeh View Post
    immutably disappointed

least we still have misaki
    right
    I mean we get WW3 which means acqua and such

I'm actually planning to watch six seven shows this year, I guess I'll use this thread for some thoughts while I'm here.

SSSS Gridman - 1/12
    I'll start by saying I've never seen Ultraman, and I've never been able to actually finish a Trigger anime. S that doesn't bode too well for this, but the first episode was entertaining if nothing else. Not expecting a lot here, just dumb flashy fun maybe.

The Girl in Twilight - 2/12
    One of those that could either be really good or just shit the bed. I like the premise so far. I don't know if it will carry it for 12 episodes though, and it's going to need to start getting to the crux of the story soon. QUALITY is already seeping in, but if nothing else it should be an entertaining train wreck.

Double Decker! Doug and Kirill - 3/??
    Never watched Tiger and Bunny, so I don't really know why I'm watching this. Again, another dumb action flick, it's entertaining enough but it's also just 3 episodes in. I have a feeling if this is 24 episodes I'll struggle to stick with it, it doesn't take itself too seriously so while I don't expect much from here as long as it remains somewhat entertaining it should be fine.

IRODUKU: The World in Colours - 1/13
    Looks visually incredible, and I think this one has a lot of potential. In fact, it's got all the right things to succeed, it just needs the story to be able to drive along in an engaging way. I would, at this point, be surprised if this isn't one of the best ones out this season, but I fear it might end up going like Charlotte did and just not really hold itself together. One of the few I actually have some expectations for, anyway, which may not be a good thing.

Rascal does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai - 1/??
    Awful title, but I have some SNAFU vibes. I loved SNAFU, and if it can live up to this it should be at worst entertaining and at best very good. Will be interested to see where it goes, cautiously optimistic but part of me wonders if it's trying too hard. We'll see.

Zombie Land Saga - 1/12
    Honestly, I find the premise just hilarious. It's something pretty much only anime could get away with. Very entertaining first episode, I don't know if the comedy will last or if it'll start to feel tired by the end but just the premise alone should at least carry this one till the end.

Zoku Owarimonogatari - 0/??
    Easily the one I'm most looking forward to. I love the Monogatari series and after finally finishing Owarimonogatari II today I'm hyped as hell for the next season. This actually will conclude the "Final Season" IIRC, which is weird because I felt like Owarimonogatari II was a fine send off for it (though there are a bunch of novels not yet adaptated, in fact, there's like 2 more stages worth!) but nevertheless I'm hoping it's as great as the last one was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    I'm actually planning to watch six seven shows this year, I guess I'll use this thread for some thoughts while I'm here.

SSSS Gridman - 1/12
    I'll start by saying I've never seen Ultraman, and I've never been able to actually finish a Trigger anime. S that doesn't bode too well for this, but the first episode was entertaining if nothing else. Not expecting a lot here, just dumb flashy fun maybe.

The Girl in Twilight - 2/12
    One of those that could either be really good or just shit the bed. I like the premise so far. I don't know if it will carry it for 12 episodes though, and it's going to need to start getting to the crux of the story soon. QUALITY is already seeping in, but if nothing else it should be an entertaining train wreck.

Double Decker! Doug and Kirill - 3/??
    Never watched Tiger and Bunny, so I don't really know why I'm watching this. Again, another dumb action flick, it's entertaining enough but it's also just 3 episodes in. I have a feeling if this is 24 episodes I'll struggle to stick with it, it doesn't take itself too seriously so while I don't expect much from here as long as it remains somewhat entertaining it should be fine.

IRODUKU: The World in Colours - 1/13
    Looks visually incredible, and I think this one has a lot of potential. In fact, it's got all the right things to succeed, it just needs the story to be able to drive along in an engaging way. I would, at this point, be surprised if this isn't one of the best ones out this season, but I fear it might end up going like Charlotte did and just not really hold itself together. One of the few I actually have some expectations for, anyway, which may not be a good thing.

Rascal does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai - 1/??
    Awful title, but I have some SNAFU vibes. I loved SNAFU, and if it can live up to this it should be at worst entertaining and at best very good. Will be interested to see where it goes, cautiously optimistic but part of me wonders if it's trying too hard. We'll see.

Zombie Land Saga - 1/12
    Honestly, I find the premise just hilarious. It's something pretty much only anime could get away with. Very entertaining first episode, I don't know if the comedy will last or if it'll start to feel tired by the end but just the premise alone should at least carry this one till the end.

Easily the one I'm most looking forward to. I love the Monogatari series and after finally finishing Owarimonogatari II today I'm hyped as hell for the next season. This actually will conclude the "Final Season" IIRC, which is weird because I felt like Owarimonogatari II was a fine send off for it (though there are a bunch of novels not yet adaptated, in fact, there's like 2 more stages worth!) but nevertheless I'm hoping it's as great as the last one was.
    Not a fan of the JoJo, huh
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Unfortunately, there's only a few of those who can appreciate Nisio's writing. At least on TMF. Owarimonogatari II was a perfect conclusion to the series. To be honest, I wouldn't really mind if it was an actual ending. That being said, I really look forward to Zoku.

Kazutrash - A Real Man hentaisenpai's Avatar
    Ones i'm watching are Jojo, Goblin Slayer, and probably magical index, oh and ill keep up with fairy tail and op, but i don't think those count

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    Not a fan of the JoJo, huh
    I never really got into Jojo. A friend of mine (now housemate) has loved the series for years (and I mean LOVED), but I just never really got into it. One day, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post

Unfortunately, there's only a few of those who can appreciate Nisio's writing. At least on TMF. Owarimonogatari II was a perfect conclusion to the series. To be honest, I wouldn't really mind if it was an actual ending. That being said, I really look forward to Zoku.

In fairness I can see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but at the same time I don't know any other anime that could make a 20 minute scene of what amounts to banter be so entertaining and visually pleasing. Good to see another fan around

I never really got into Jojo. A friend of mine (now housemate) has loved the series for years (and I mean LOVED), but I just never really got into it. One day, maybe.

In fairness I can see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but at the same time I don't know any other anime that could make a 20 minute scene of what amounts to banter be so entertaining and visually pleasing. Good to see another fan around
    Well that's fair. How far did ya get though?

Well that's fair. How far did ya get though?
    JoJo? A whole two episodes in the first series. I actually liked it well enough, but I do pretty badly with long series. I think the most episodes I've watched for anything was Fairy Tail, and even that I stopped after 100.

JoJo? A whole two episodes in the first series. I actually liked it well enough, but I do pretty badly with long series. I think the most episodes I've watched for anything was Fairy Tail, and even that I stopped after 100.
    Huh, most peeps say Part 1 is the weakest, but it seems like your reasoning is different than why most can't get into it so I'm kind of at a loss lol. Though, have you ever played the Persona games?

Huh, most peeps say Part 1 is the weakest, but it seems like your reasoning is different than why most can't get into it so I'm kind of at a loss lol. Though, have you ever played the Persona games?
    Yup, I love Persona. Played 3, 4 and 5 (got a good ways into 2: Innocent Sin, but stopped because the dungeons were pretty boring). In fact, 4 is probably my favourite game, period. I'm well over 300 hours (and about 5 playthroughs) into it (so it's kind of strange imo tht I don't stick with long anime series often).