Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

In fairness I can see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but at the same time I don't know any other anime that could make a 20 minute scene of what amounts to banter be so entertaining and visually pleasing. Good to see another fan around
    From what I heard, people tend to drop Monogatari because it's heavy on dialogue, which is ridiculous. As you said, two character could be talking about everything and nothing for 20 minutes straight, and it still would be enjoyable. Another thing is supposed fan service. When people hear "Monogatari", the first thing that comes to their mind is either fanservice or loli. Not gonna lie, that makes me sad. Fan service in said series is almost non-existent or have an actual meaning, and lolis can be just ignored. Aside from Shinobu, that is.

Only degenerates like Crispy watch Monogatari for girls alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    From what I heard, people tend to drop Monogatari because it's heavy on dialogue, which is ridiculous. As you said, two character could be talking about everything and nothing for 20 minutes straight, and it still would be enjoyable. Another thing is supposed fan service. When people hear "Monogatari", the first thing that comes to their mind is either fanservice or loli. Not gonna lie, that makes me sad. Fan service in said series is almost non-existent or have an actual meaning, and lolis can be just ignored. Aside from Shinobu, that is.

Only degenerates like Crispy watch Monogatari for girls alone.
    I think 10 years ago the fanservice in Monogatari would have been more than average, but now you've got shows that air every season with full on nudity with brazen censors on them and I would argue it's not even at the average level at this point. As for the lolibait, there'd be an argument maybe against if the characters in question didn't have an actual character to them. Shinobu is a total badass and imo has the most interesting dynamic with Araragi, Mayoi is hilarious and Yotsugi is pretty fun too. It is a shame because it feels more like people saying that are going by what they've seen of the show rather than actually watching it, because most of the time the dialogue moves at such a clip you barely have time to focus on the images anyway lmao

Yup, I love Persona. Played 3, 4 and 5 (got a good ways into 2: Innocent Sin, but stopped because the dungeons were pretty boring). In fact, 4 is probably my favourite game, period. I'm well over 300 hours (and about 5 playthroughs) into it (so it's kind of strange imo tht I don't stick with long anime series often).
    Lmao, awesome. I've only played 4. Gonna play 3 here soon. But anyway, Persona 4 reminds me of Part 4 JoJo in a way. Most people say it's the best Shounen part of the series. Think you'd like it a lot and you don't have to be super knowledgeable on the previous parts except for some family history that isn't too extensive and what stands are. But they go over most of that anyway.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    Lmao, awesome. I've only played 4. Gonna play 3 here soon. But anyway, Persona 4 reminds me of Part 4 JoJo in a way. Most people say it's the best Shounen part of the series. Think you'd like it a lot and you don't have to be super knowledgeable on the previous parts except for some family history that isn't too extensive and what stands are. But they go over most of that anyway.
    Oh nice, I probably start with that one then whenever I get to it. My aformentioned friend did tell me it mostly standalone so that works.

I hope you enjoy 3. Which version are you looking to play? Personally, I would suggest P3P, because it has the Female MC route (new links, gameplay improvements). FES has "The Answer" which is an epilogue to 3, which P3P doesn't have, but you're honestly better off just watching it on youtube or reading a summary for it.

Oh nice, I probably start with that one then whenever I get to it. My aformentioned friend did tell me it mostly standalone so that works.

I hope you enjoy 3. Which version are you looking to play? Personally, I would suggest P3P, because it has the Female MC route (new links, gameplay improvements). FES has "The Answer" which is an epilogue to 3, which P3P doesn't have, but you're honestly better off just watching it on youtube or reading a summary for it.
    Well, if you do decide to watch it, I hope you enjoy it. It's my favorite part so far (only on Part 5 though).

And was actually gonna play P3P. My friend was generous enough to let me borrow his PSP and the game for a bit so that's what I'll be doing. And alright man, thanks for the info! Heard this one was a bit darker than P4 and has a better story (or maybe a better dungeon portion..?) Anyway, quite looking forward to playing it once I get the time.
    Last edited by Zu; 10-11-2018 at 03:46 AM.

Well, if you do decide to watch it, I hope you enjoy it. It's my favorite part so far (only on Part 5 though).

And was actually gonna play P3P. My friend was generous enough to let me borrow his PSP and the game for a bit so that's what I'll be doing. And alright man, thanks for the info! Heard this one was a bit darker than P4 and has a better story (or maybe a better dungeon portion..?) Anyway, quite looking forward to playing it once I get the time.
    Thank ye, my friend will be overjoyed when I finally crack lmao.

Good, good. Yeah, it's a fair bit darker, which can be a but jarring going from 4. Some say it has a better story, I'm not sure if I'm in the camp myself but I can see why someone would say it, stakes are raised quite high for the team from the off really. Dungeon wise I wouldn't say it's better than 4 personally, 4 did get a bit repetitive but 3's is literally one really long dungeon that gets walled off so you complete it over the year, very samey and can be a bit grindy actually. Like with 4 you had at least individual dungeon styles, in 3 it's just different colour scheme and slightly altered music from the last. You don't have to spend too many days in there though, unless you're underlevelled I'd get through what you need in 2-4 game days per game month and just spend the rest of the time on social links.

Thank ye, my friend will be overjoyed when I finally crack lmao.

Good, good. Yeah, it's a fair bit darker, which can be a but jarring going from 4. Some say it has a better story, I'm not sure if I'm in the camp myself but I can see why someone would say it, stakes are raised quite high for the team from the off really. Dungeon wise I wouldn't say it's better than 4 personally, 4 did get a bit repetitive but 3's is literally one really long dungeon that gets walled off so you complete it over the year, very samey and can be a bit grindy actually. Like with 4 you had at least individual dungeon styles, in 3 it's just different colour scheme and slightly altered music from the last. You don't have to spend too many days in there though, unless you're underlevelled I'd get through what you need in 2-4 game days per game month and just spend the rest of the time on social links.
    Trust me when I say part 4 is worth cracking for

And yeah, so definitely the story part I heard people claim was better. Not a fan of hearing that the dungeon is super repetitive like that. At least P4 had different themes. But that was never really what I was looking for in P4 to begin with, so it's not a super big deal or anything. Speaking of social links, how are they in this game?

Watching JoJo, Goblin Slayer and am I the only one to watch Radiant as well??

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    Watching JoJo, Goblin Slayer and am I the only one to watch Radiant as well??
    I am as well!

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    I am as well!
    Ohh nice!! I hope I like it, I do so far.

Ohh nice!! I hope I like it, I do so far.
    It's from the first officially licensed French manga

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

It's from the first officially licensed French manga
    I know. I read up on it a little, the narrator is Aizens voice actor as well and Alma's voice is done by Hitsugaya's VA

I know. I read up on it a little, the narrator is Aizens voice actor as well and Alma's voice is done by Hitsugaya's VA
    I can't wait for fucking General Torque

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

I can't wait for fucking General Torque
    Ok idk about that, but the studio doing this anime has some fine animation. I hope more people start watching though because this shit has 9+ volumes and the anime is starting woth 21 episodes so im hoping it can continue properly.

Ok idk about that, but the studio doing this anime has some fine animation. I hope more people start watching though because this shit has 9+ volumes and the anime is starting woth 21 episodes so im hoping it can continue properly.
    Bruh

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Bruh

I haven't read the manga okay don't spoil, I wanna be surprised with everything

I haven't read the manga okay don't spoil, I wanna be surprised with everything
    I won't spoil you, mang

He's fucking cool though

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

I won't spoil you, mang

He's fucking cool though
    Looks like Axel

Looks like Axel
    He's like a OP Admiral

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Trust me when I say part 4 is worth cracking for

And yeah, so definitely the story part I heard people claim was better. Not a fan of hearing that the dungeon is super repetitive like that. At least P4 had different themes. But that was never really what I was looking for in P4 to begin with, so it's not a super big deal or anything. Speaking of social links, how are they in this game?
    Social links are a fair deal worse than P4. Some interesting ones, but the way the mechanic works isn't as refined as in that (Golden at least) as it's the first game to actually have them. Some issues are fixed in the female MC route, like the inability to actually reject confessions once completing a social link, but really outside of a few most just aren't that interesting.