Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Akou clearly blocked a majority of the attacks, with his accuracy and strength decreasing as the fight progressed. Durable he may be he wouldn't have survived that long if they were striking him with glaive blows most of the time.

  2. #42
    Pretty Flacko Jr. bootleg boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    11,454
    there’s not a single panel other than the first one where he wasn’t being cut up by their attacks. can check back if you want.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    there’s not a single panel other than the first one where he wasn’t being cut up by their attacks. can check back if you want.



    he blocks every attack here



    and he clearly blocks the majority of the attacks here

    of course he was getting hit every few blows near the end but the idea he only blocked the first attack is clearly untrue

  4. #44
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,725
    One, two, or 15, he's not blocking Gaimou's strike in that position, nor is he lasting any more than a second swing even if a miracle gets him through the first one.

    This ain't going anywhere, so I'll just drop it. You're treating this as if this was an isolated, no-knowledge scenario where SSJ has shown some amazing deductive skills, when in reality that was anything but the case. With the amount of knowledge he possessed here, what he's done is the bare minimum for being considered a strategist of any caliber, let alone a high/top tier strategist.

    Not seeing how your argument for Tou helps at all. Tou had no knowledge and completely read the attack of an 98 while being a 94 himself. SSJ with full knowledge doing the same to a 96 doesn't warrant him a 94, if that's what Tou gets for his feat.

    As for the last part, this has nothing to do with hindsight. I said that in the chapter where SSJ left, where Rozo wasn't even attacked by anyone yet. He should have known that his enemy wouldn't half-ass a tactic like that, and that if they've already gotten this far, it's a done deed. Abandoning Rozo because you hope your enemy did something as reckless as they did without making sure they can follow through is clinging onto hope like a fool, not something a strategist of the caliber you're putting him at should be doing.

  5. #45
    Looking at them on my phone it seems he blocked when he only had 1 opponent but got rekt when it was from both sides.

  6. #46
    Pretty Flacko Jr. bootleg boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    11,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i mean, seems pretty clear he wasn't able to block those attacks. especially in contrast with this page.



    he wasn't even fighting both of them here. which was the whole point of the argument. that he wasn't able to block any of their attacks when he was ganged up on.



    and he clearly blocks the majority of the attacks here
    we can pretty clearly see several fresh wounds in those panels from the several attacks he was receiving

    maybe we'll have to chalk it up to a difference of perspective here, but don't see how he's taking the brunt of any of those attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at them on my phone it seems he blocked when he only had 1 opponent but got rekt when it was from both sides.
    this is exactly what happened
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at them on my phone it seems he blocked when he only had 1 opponent but got rekt when it was from both sides.
    He did well covering the vital areas by blocking the incoming attacks from both sides. He suffered greatly when he was trying to shift from defensive to an offensive position.

    This is the most impressive from Akou despite the injuries his defensive awareness and instinct are still there and blocked Bananji attack from crushing his skull like Bozo.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i mean, seems pretty clear he wasn't able to block those attacks. especially in contrast with this page.





    he wasn't even fighting both of them here. which was the whole point of the argument. that he wasn't able to block any of their attacks when he was ganged up on.



    we can pretty clearly see several fresh wounds in those panels from the several attacks he was receiving

    maybe we'll have to chalk it up to a difference of perspective here, but don't see how he's taking the brunt of any of those attacks



    this is exactly what happened
    Those attacks in the first page clearly didn't manage to cut him, he blocked even if he was pushed back.

    and in the last page we clearly see that he blocks 5 attacks with his glaive but two manage to strike him.

    And even when he got hit its testament to his defense that he prevented either of Gyou and BNJ from landing a single critical blow on him for so long.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i mean, seems pretty clear he wasn't able to block those attacks. especially in contrast with this page.





    he wasn't even fighting both of them here. which was the whole point of the argument. that he wasn't able to block any of their attacks when he was ganged up on.



    we can pretty clearly see several fresh wounds in those panels from the several attacks he was receiving

    maybe we'll have to chalk it up to a difference of perspective here, but don't see how he's taking the brunt of any of those attacks



    this is exactly what happened
    You need to remember Akou was in a defensive position in order to block an incoming attack from behind.

    Akou clearly overpowered Gyou'un in a direct clash in page 1 and send him flying along with Bananji. Take a look at Gyou'un edge of glaive above Akou. context matter here.



    I think you need to stop overrating Gyou'un he isn't much stronger compared to Bananji and Akou.
    Last edited by roflstomp; 09-24-2018 at 07:47 PM.

  10. #50
    Was did i do

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •