Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Trailer dropped

Granny getting slapped was the highlight of the trailer here, mostly because I'm pretty sure most mainstream audience aren't familiar enough with the Skrulls to know what that was about, would look so out of place and random with the rest of the trailer.

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Trailer dropped

Granny getting slapped was the highlight of the trailer here, mostly because I'm pretty sure most mainstream audience aren't familiar enough with the Skrulls to know what that was about, would look so out of place and random with the rest of the trailer.

That and the
    Blockbuster
    were what I liked best.

Looks like trash.

She has the same face and tone throughout the trailer.

Shit acting

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

i have no prior knowledge of captain marvel so that granny punch was wild to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    i have no prior knowledge of captain marvel so that granny punch was wild to me.

That shit had to look like straight out of nowhere then.

Skrulls be shapeshifting world invaders who have a looooooooong standing war with the Kree.

Betting $20 she's a lesbian.

BET.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post

Skrulls be shapeshifting world invaders who have a looooooooong standing war with the Kree.
    it really was

but now you put it into context, the narration during that scene makes more sense now

That and the
    Blockbuster
    were what I liked best.
    That was brutal, but it's a great way to show what time period we're dealing with here.

I feel like the Skrulls can open a lot of doors just because of the insane amount of characters you can tie into them, especially with the Fox acquisition going down, it seems like a good time to get these guys in here if Galactus and the Fantastic 4 are going to become MCU property.

Rax is acting exactly like I knew he would in this thread

"SJW" stuff coming next

That was brutal, but it's a great way to show what time period we're dealing with here.

I feel like the Skrulls can open a lot of doors just because of the insane amount of characters you can tie into them, especially with the Fox acquisition going down, it seems like a good time to get these guys in here if Galactus and the Fantastic 4 are going to become MCU property.
    I'm really hoping if they're bringing in the Big G they'll bring in the OG and not just a cloud this time.

But the Skrulls open up quite a bit of potential. It looks like this movie is going to involve Starforce from the Kree, base it on the Skrull conflict, and Marvel is clearly comfortable with engaging larger cosmic conflict. I'd love it if Kl'rt and the 4 somehow got involved down the line.

I'm really hoping if they're bringing in the Big G they'll bring in the OG and not just a cloud this time.

But the Skrulls open up quite a bit of potential. It looks like this movie is going to involve Starforce from the Kree, base it on the Skrull conflict, and Marvel is clearly comfortable with engaging larger cosmic conflict. I'd love it if Kl'rt and the 4 somehow got involved down the line.
    I don't think they would make the same mistakes with Galactus if they took another go at him. We've already seen Dormammu amped by the dark dimension and the floating head of a celestial among other things so I think they're at a point where they can be more comfortable with having the real representation since they've already built a world where the idea of something like Galactus isn't such a stretch.

Speaking of Kree I noticed Ronan in the trailer as well, interested in seeing what role he'll be playing in the story this time around.

I don't think they would make the same mistakes with Galactus if they took another go at him. We've already seen Dormammu amped by the dark dimension and the floating head of a celestial among other things so I think they're at a point where they can be more comfortable with having the real representation since they've already built a world where the idea of something like Galactus isn't such a stretch.

Speaking of Kree I noticed Ronan in the trailer as well, interested in seeing what role he'll be playing in the story this time around.

Korath from GotG is in this as well. I'm hoping the Accuser is given a better role than he had in GotG.

finally some Skrull action. it's a shame they're doing this without FF, but it is what it is

Captain Marvel's suit still look like shit. can't believe they went through with it. every comic version of her suit it 10x better than this

- - - Updated - - -

Korath from GotG is in this as well. I'm hoping the Accuser is given a better role than he had in GotG.
    a cosmic mcu movie with a serious tone? can they do it?

- - - Updated - - -

after rewatching i see that the shitty suit is the past version. thank god

Trailer dropped

Yeah I literally watched this as I woke up and I shouldn't have been confused when shr talked about her memories being real. Skrulls can make for a pretty mindfucking or comedic storyline it seems they're going for a serious mindfuck route.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    finally some Skrull action. it's a shame they're doing this without FF, but it is what it is

Captain Marvel's suit still look like shit. can't believe they went through with it. every comic version of her suit it 10x better than this

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Super Skrull knows your feel.

Okay, I'll break that trend. Zoro bas better DC than Jinbe, and is mountain busting at the very least as what was shown with Pica. He is also at least MHS as he was able to blitz Kuma, the same person who was able to contend with the MHS Gear Second Luffy. Zoro's durability is island level when it comes to blunt force, evident by how he tanked having Luffy's pain being transferred to him, and Luffy had tanked island busting attacks up until that point.

^ my only concern is that they waste the potential that comes with introducing skrulls into the MCU and never touch the topic of Skrulls again in the future.

I see no obvious red flags that I should worry about with Miss Marvel herself, the tone being serious and the plot sticking to an accurate backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Given the sort of silly nature of the Skrulls, it would only be in a serious sort of espionage film that they don't come off as at least semi-comedic. They're terrifying and they're dangerous, but Skrulls are also inherently silly. Especially with how given they are to infighting, short-sighted decision making, and just straight up power thieving.

Quote Originally Posted by ihascaketoo! View Post
    ^ my only concern is that they waste the potential that comes with introducing skrulls into the MCU and never touch the topic of Skrulls again in the future.

I see no obvious red flags that I should worry about with Miss Marvel herself, the tone being serious and the plot sticking to an accurate backstory.
    I imagine it will sort of be like the Kree and Marvel where they're referenced until they need to be a big item again. So Skrulls (which I'm unbelievably happy about) will be a big semi-player here standing side by side with the Kree, then they might be mentioned elsewhere, and if a F4 movie ever comes into play with Kl'rt or Paibok or Lyja then we'll see them come back in as a force.

So most likely since this is sort of based on the Kree-Skrull War we'll most likely see them come back in a Secret Invasion sort of way. Just with a lot less crap if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    Rax is acting exactly like I knew he would in this thread

"SJW" stuff coming next
    It just looks bad, breh

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

young Sam J huh? I hope it's not gonna be a CGI mess
    That and the
    Blockbuster
    were what I liked best.
    that was totally unexpected

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Eh its aight, tho I expected more tbh
    Captain marvel is one of my favorite female superheroes they better not mess this up