Unsolicited advice

Do you think that it's rude to give advice that no one asked you for?

Think it depends on a couple of factors, such as the relationship between you and the person you're giving advice to, the intent behind offering up said advice, and how important the matter at hand is.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Yes but I give it anyways

No, but it tends to annoy me.

pretty much what zu said.
    if you give advice to those who barely know you, you might come over as someone who wants to look intelligent or anything like that in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Law split an island into two, while Hawkins is a fortune teller...

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post

Hawkins high-diff.

Mega Ton
    It depends on the situation. For example if your training someone then it's your job to give advice basically so that person is trained properly. In other settings it becomes a little less important, but any advice that can help me i'll take it whether i asked for it or not.

No. Unless it's dumbass advice, but even then I recognize the intent behind it.

But it's socially intelligent not to give it. People resent unsolicited advice. Even if it's top advice.

If you want to give advice, they have to come to you for it. And that's most likely to happen if you look like you know what you're talking about.

Be a hench, muscular dude to give fitness advice.
    A great cook for cooking.
    A great dresser for fashion.
    A happy, decades long marriage for marriage.

etc

Otherwise, I find being a good listener works very well. People are smart. If you listen intently, and ask the questions that allow them to speak their mind, they eventually speak up from their subconscious. And there's plenty of nuggets there that lets them know the right course of action to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    No. Unless it's dumbass advice, but even then I recognize the intent behind it.

But it's socially intelligent not to give it. People resent unsolicited advice. Even if it's top advice.

If you want to give advice, they have to come to you for it. And that's most likely to happen if you look like you know what you're talking about.

Be a hench, muscular dude to give fitness advice.
    A great cook for cooking.
    A great dresser for fashion.
    A happy, decades long marriage for marriage.

etc

Otherwise, I find being a good listener works very well. People are smart. If you listen intently, and ask the questions that allow them to speak their mind, they eventually speak up from their subconscious. And there's plenty of nuggets there that lets them know the right course of action to take.
    You got any tips for someone who wants to learn how to edit well? (Pictures, gifs, memes, videos)

Quote Originally Posted by ihascaketoo! View Post
    You got any tips for someone who wants to learn how to edit well? (Pictures, gifs, memes, videos)
    Best person to ask is my man @Void;

just use a meme generator for memes though

And I used to use paint.net to edit images way back in the day. strong image editor that's free. loads of good tutorials on their forum too.

If I'm giving advice, I try to relate it back to something that I've personally experienced so it seems like I'm not trying to alienate or be superior to anyone.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

best advice I can give you is that practice makes perfect. also, imagination and creativeness is key, don't be afraid to act on random inspiration or delay for a better idea

I'm still developing my skills and I'm still not satisfied with it so you gotta keep refining. can't give you any specific advice because I don't know what software you use or your progress. I'd say someone like Y, Cake, or Crispy would be better to get advice from

- - - Updated - - -

and for the OP, yes if they're being condescending about it

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    best advice I can give you is that practice makes perfect. also, imagination and creativeness is key, don't be afraid to act on random inspiration or delay for a better idea

I'm still developing my skills and I'm still not satisfied with it so you gotta keep refining. can't give you any specific advice because I don't know what software you use or your progress. I'd say someone like Y, Cake, or Crispy would be better to get advice from

- - - Updated - - -

and for the OP, yes if they're being condescending about it
    That's some real truth right there, I can't count how many times I put off acting on or writing down an idea before I get distracted and forgot it completely. I'll try to keep in touch then since you have an aspiration to become better and that to me says you care about the work you put out.

Well I'm starting by checking out those services Bold listed and add some google extensions I saw that were interesting. Goal for tonight is to create my first meme and merge two videos together.

I'll ask them for help after I learn some basics first, I'd like to know what to ask before I reach out to them.

That's some real truth right there, I can't count how many times I put off acting on or writing down an idea before I get distracted and forgot it completely. I'll try to keep in touch then since you have an aspiration to become better and that to me says you care about the work you put out.

Well I'm starting by checking out those services Bold listed and add some google extensions I saw that were interesting. Goal for tonight is to create my first meme and merge two videos together.

I'll ask them for help after I learn some basics first, I'd like to know what to ask before I reach out to them.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg