Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Time reversal - What would you do?

You wake up as your preschool self (6-7 years) with all your current knowledge. What would you do?

Would you reveal it to anyone, or would you try to play it low key? How would you handle the burden of personal and worldwide events that you're aware of? What about the people who are close to you, how would you handle your relationships with the ones you know and the ones you've yet to meet in the re-run?

Ill need to set up as many childhood friends as possible

But seriously, id probably be even more lazy, just breezing through school and shit

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Id keep it a secret ofc
    Steal the ideas of the future in order to become rich and live leisurely.
    Id also prevent a lot of mistakes ive made in the past.

it would be pretty cool not gonna lie

Pull off elaborate and high level crimes and get away with it

Depends on the cognitive state as well. Imagine the possibilities, sure. But take into consideration that you're in the body of a child, so within that the currently knowledge you possess may interfere in your growth as a child in this stage. I think it would hinder you more than help you.

You might know more things, but you'd be treated as an outcast, or possibly insane and get overmedicated by your parents as an attenpt to make all these thoughts and "memories" and "knowledge" stop. They want you to be a simple child, however you're not simplistic since you have much greater knowledge than your peers.

tl;dr -- you'll have the knowledge but grow up hated/crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honey, you know I love your vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    I must say i am baffled by the fact that someone would date Tifa, or that someone like Tifa is able to put a dude in a friendzone. Like are you really so depleted on the good looking girls? In my country no one would ever even look at her twice. We have 2/1 (Girl/Boy) ratio, and most of the girls are decent looking or hot. We have obese girls but they mostly die alone because even the ugly looking dudes can find a good looking girl if they are just not poor as fuck..
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    2:1 ratio and you still can't get any ass? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    Dammit I deleted that so I could be saved from your rebuttal.

I regret ever giving you the opportunity to be more right about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    i used to drink mayonnaise as a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

I would bet on so much shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, one of my school friends got stabbed a few years back.

I'd probably befriend him and see if i could have got him out of that gang lifestyle.

it'd be really weird reliving your close ones die tbh . I'd probably try to prevent several of them the best way i can.

I wouldn't really change any of my mistakes per se cause you never what might happen if things went differently, I'd like to play it safe

But if I had to do something, probably get into bets that I now know how to win now to get some of that good green

The pros are quite obvious, it's the cons that are troublesome here. Starting from the things that Tifa said, you'd have to bust your back trying to act like a kid. Talking like an adult in a kid's body would probably get you shot, sent to a therapist, an exorcist and then shot again before you get abducted by the CIA for research.

Another issue is the consequences of sharing knowledge about future events. It could really screw things up major league, especially other people's relationships. Imagine telling someone the next 2 relationships are gonna be a bust, but then they'll meet the love of their life.
    You also know things like 9/11 will happen, but how do you convince anyone without the whole world finding out about you and going after you for multiple reasons? No matter how you look at it, if word gets out that you're from the future, you're not gonna be in for a good time.

I'd say my best bet would be living life as I have done before, while doing some minor fixes in my own life and the lives of those close to me. Causing major changes is not something I'd do, as I can name 3 initially really bad things that happened off the top of my head that caused a lot of good in the long run.
    Still, there's no way that the outcome wouldn't be drastically different when I get back to the same point because of the buildup of the minor changes, which is why it's such a scary thought.

Keep as much shit as possible a secret and do as many things that would be advantageous to me.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

i'll have time to play games again i guess

Bring my dad to invest in Apple.

I would formulate a plan how to become a billionaire so when i reach my current age i'll already have traveled the world 10 times over and lived a life with no limits.

Please Donate To The Ocean Cleanup Fund
    >>>Ocean Cleanup Technology Explained<<<
    Currently Listening to
    Warp NFSP Podcast #37
    Anime Playlist: Goblin Slayer, Ninja Scroll, One Piece

Invest in bitcoins ————

Live my life. I know it’ll be hard because your knowledge and intelligence surpass those of your friends.

I met this guy once, he was a real good friend and I kind of ( in my opinion ) let him down.
    He took the wrong path, associated with people whom you rather not like to be seen with, and in the end he was hit by a train pursuing someone who owed him money. I’d like to have him back around and help him out. He was just another smart kid who just needed a place where he felt accepted.

On the other hand. I know of the existence of my girlfriend and what she’s going to experience in the meantime. Gotta stay out of her life until the time we’re supposed to meet I guess.

Furthermore,

What could I do on my own against those who are getting ready to bomb, let’s say Paris?

Like Zentos said: “ It’ll probably get you shot, sent to a therapist, an exorcist then shot again. “
    In this regard I’d pretty much keep a low-profile, anticipate a plan what could safe lifes in the long run.

Though, it was more about an adult talking in a kids body

I could watch Soprano’s again.
    Last edited by Usopp; 09-10-2018 at 07:52 AM.

I would act like a smart enough child but nothing remarkable such that the government or other strange organisations came to tear me asunder. Imagine being so intelligent beyond simple IQ measure, but having the literal vocabulary and eloquence of a realised adult as a kid who's barely been through schooling. Or even worse and more likely, having never been loved by no-one for anything more than your Guinness's World Record medallions.

Try to influence the world as little as possible so that I can get my nostalgia feed. If you butterfly effect too early you might miss somethings you will REALLY miss. Or maybe if you hated the world you'd kick up enough sand from the getgo so that your teens, twenties, so ons would be a different animal.

And of course, sink a ton into bitcoin. There's literally no more potent investment in the world than something as unregulated and speculative as cryptocurrency. What else will bring you returns of literally millions of percent?

would be pretty fucked up because I wouldn't want to change much

probably live in anxiety that I don't fuck up so hard I don't meet Vivian.

^ that'd be my concern

not being able to re-live certain events, meet certain people, or re-establish some of the relationships i have with people in my life currently. seems impossible in this kind of scenario.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

I think @Crispickle; would give anything for this to happen, wonder what he has in mind when it comes to this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    The pros are quite obvious, it's the cons that are troublesome here. Starting from the things that Tifa said, you'd have to bust your back trying to act like a kid. Talking like an adult in a kid's body would probably get you shot, sent to a therapist, an exorcist and then shot again before you get abducted by the CIA for research.

Another issue is the consequences of sharing knowledge about future events. It could really screw things up major league, especially other people's relationships. Imagine telling someone the next 2 relationships are gonna be a bust, but then they'll meet the love of their life.
    You also know things like 9/11 will happen, but how do you convince anyone without the whole world finding out about you and going after you for multiple reasons? No matter how you look at it, if word gets out that you're from the future, you're not gonna be in for a good time .

Are you fucking retarded No CIA is going to dissect you for being smarter than average, you realize kids who are 6&7 are smarter than you currently right? You'd probably be labeled a kid genius at first for doing well in school and be offered higher education only for it to pan off in the long run.

Umm no definitely do stop that 9/11 attack it'd be morally fucked up to let all those people die when you know what's going to happen. You could call in a bomb threat? It's not rocket science. Just use a one time burner phone and discard it accordingly, make the call at a school or something dury busy hours, don't leave any fingerprints and you won't be hassled. Not like you're a criminal anyways so they're not going to hunt you down for years to come.

How anyone would guess that you're from the future from that is beyond me, without hard cold evidence they wouldn't even bring it up as a possibility. You've been watching too many movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    would be pretty fucked up because I wouldn't want to change much

probably live in anxiety that I don't fuck up so hard I don't meet Vivian.
    What if the possibility of you having a bad life is slim, that your conditions to succeed are so high that this stage you're at right now is only the cornerstone to your overall potential achievements?

Must be humble though to worry about a girl like that

Quote Originally Posted by ihascaketoo! View Post
    Are you fucking retarded No CIA is going to dissect you for being smarter than average, you realize kids who are 6&7 are smarter than you currently right? You'd probably be labeled a kid genius at first for doing well in school and be offered higher education only for it to pan off in the long run.

Umm no definitely do stop that 9/11 attack it'd be morally fucked up to let all those people die when you know what's going to happen. You could call in a bomb threat? It's not rocket science. Just use a one time burner phone and discard it accordingly, make the call at a school or something dury busy hours, don't leave any fingerprints and you won't be hassled. Not like you're a criminal anyways so they're not going to hunt you down for years to come.

How anyone would guess that you're from the future from that is beyond me, without hard cold evidence they wouldn't even bring it up as a possibility. You've been watching too many movies.

They will be freaked out however if a child has an impossible amount of knowledge and weird cultural references/predictions of things that have yet/only begin to happen. + Even genius children at that young age are smart in a different way from some kid who'd be smart for having a grown adult's brain. Definitely recognisable. At least, it'd certainly prompt psychological investigation or something.

TBH though cake surely none of us are so smart or omniscient that we'd know exactly how things would unfold if you mentioned 9/11 as a kid preemptively. A phone that went off after a bit could still be easily tracked especially for otherwise regular people with no experience in this field. One mess up and you're either part of a terrorist conspiracy or a psychotic oracle child. I wouldn't risk it. Also its true what they say about butterflies.. imagine a rock you dislodged with your foot while hiking, lead to someone breaking their leg and losing their job.. in a same way perhaps an entire family history has been erased by such a small action. What consequences might come from having stopped 9/11? Sure 9/11 is a horrendous tragedy, but even speaking from a same utilitarian standpoint why not opt to stop something with even bigger consequences? Perhaps the war in the Middle East? Yet even that would trigger an even greater chain of events. To be honest I'd just be struck with an existential fear of causality.. of my old life I'd miss so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercantilist View Post
    They will be freaked out however if a child has an impossible amount of knowledge and weird cultural references/predictions of things that have yet/only begin to happen. + Even genius children at that young age are smart in a different way from some kid who'd be smart for having a grown adult's brain. Definitely recognisable. At least, it'd certainly prompt psychological investigation or something.
    honestly, why would anyone be compelled to drop all this profound knowledge they have of the future, and without any anonymity? it's not really a need. at worst, if you've any self-control, you'd probably be considered the weird kid for a while because your level of maturity wouldn't allow you to appreciate the activities other youth participate in.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l