Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    im not sure about weed, there are clear medical reasons to ban it but social and buisness reasons to not ban it.

what really needs banning though is soy based products. they are extremely damageing to young men and boys and should be at least age restricted like alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone who is a drug addict at one point in time was just a regular average person. And with tightening the regulation on the one big gateway drug (Marijuana) more people will stay just that.

I may be unaware of the punishments in the US. But here, especially in Berlin, Dealers do exactly what I said: When they get caught in the morning they are out in the afternoon and back on their spot for the most part (if we talk small time dealers)

There are entire parks and stations where these small time dealers are not thought but actually left alone by the police because they have no legal base on holding them when they got caught.

https://www.dw.com/en/berlin-g%C3%B6...gal/a-41314215

Here is an article regarding the matter. It is a horrible situation in my eyes and shows that the liberal approach on drug posession has to stop.

What you consider a waste is what I consider a fruitful investing in the future when dangerous elements of society are removed from the board.

"Zero Tolerance" has turned to "Zero effect" in Berlin since the police work may be effective, but the legal boundaries the criminal operate in are so loose that they practically re-appear at the same spot they got caught hours before.

-

And this is just the tip of the iceberg of the things I understand under increasing punishments. Make small time dealers realise in the future they will have to fear decade long sentences at minimum is a start. But the big part is to stop the flow of drugs flodding the market. I am in favour of sanctioning the countries from which drugs are entering the market to give them an incentive to tackle the problem more adequate. They want to enter our economic market, then their drugs should be kept out.
    Not true, a lot of evidence shows a genetic component to addiction. People respond differently to drugs, and some personalities just seek them out actively. Opiates and nicotine pretty much anyone can become addicted to but lots of people use weed and alcohol in moderation.

Your anecdote is an important reason to support legalization. Nobody wants dealing out in the open, open up shops and that goes away almost entirely.

Also...we can't sanction the cartel, lol. As long as we don't have proper border control we'll have drugs flowing in. We'll still have marijuana either wsy since people can grow it themselves anyway.

Most people curious to try marijuana, and are still risk of addiction, will simply try something else that will be a gateway in the absense of weed. You are vastly overstating the problem. If the sole problem with weed is that it's a gateway to harder, more dangerous drugs, why not just punish distribution and use of those? Wait, we already do, it's not very effective. It's still worth pursuing. But the fact is you're not going to stop usage no matter how strict the law gets.

You're just turning people minding their own business into criminals

Please let this happen

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait

- - - Updated - - -
    @R ;

Your girl Ocasio-Cortez sure is weak

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not true, a lot of evidence shows a genetic component to addiction. People respond differently to drugs, and some personalities just seek them out actively. Opiates and nicotine pretty much anyone can become addicted to but lots of people use weed and alcohol in moderation.

Your anecdote is an important reason to support legalization. Nobody wants dealing out in the open, open up shops and that goes away almost entirely.

Also...we can't sanction the cartel, lol. As long as we don't have proper border control we'll have drugs flowing in. We'll still have marijuana either wsy since people can grow it themselves anyway.

Most people curious to try marijuana, and are still risk of addiction, will simply try something else that will be a gateway in the absense of weed. You are vastly overstating the problem. If the sole problem with weed is that it's a gateway to harder, more dangerous drugs, why not just punish distribution and use of those? Wait, we already do, it's not very effective. It's still worth pursuing. But the fact is you're not going to stop usage no matter how strict the law gets.

You're just turning people minding their own business into criminals
    Just because people react different to certain substances doesnt mean that the legal aspects of using, posessing or distributing these substances has to be changed.

With legalized and free to buy weed the spots in my anecdote will be overrun by dealers dealing the harder stuff. What is the solution then? Allowing meth, heroin, or cocaine shops as well only to not have to deal with dealers?

I am not talking about sanctioning the cartel. I am talking about putting pressure on countries who dont consequently enough deal with their drug producers and smugglers. Of course everyone can grow weed home, but if we have reached a point that homegrown weed is an issue to tackle then the problem is almost decided.

Of course we will never be able to completely halt the flow of Marijuana. But we can do a lot to reduce it dramatically. Which is why I am against any measures which make it even more easy to get it.

-

I am not turning people into criminals. When people think minding their own business included using, posessing or distributing banned substances they make themselves to criminals - all I am doing is putting the screws on people who do so in the first place.

Is this woman retarded?

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!