Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2019 is going to be an epic year for movies and shows, isn't it?

I'm still holding out hope for a godzilla pacific rim crossover.
    Reading One Piece, Toriko , Holy Land, Solo Leveling, Dr Stone//

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    King Ghidorah looks awesome
    Doesn't he though? To think I'd see the day that this became a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Saw this trailer a few minutes ago and it looks like it might have learned the lesson from the first one: Show us monsters.
    Good lord, way too many teases in the last one. I was cool with the airport tease but the final battle? Godzilla about to throw down with Mama Muto? LET'S CUT TO DA SOLDIERS BECAUSE WE DFLDKJLFKDSFJLD
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    They all look so amazing.
    Right? Like, they really did a good job in nailing their classic looks while also sprucing them up to modern times.
    Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    I'm still holding out hope for a godzilla pacific rim crossover.
    After Pacific Rim 2, I hope they star as far away from each other as Andromeda is to the Milky Way.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post

After Pacific Rim 2, I hope they star as far away from each other as Andromeda is to the Milky Way.
    They're gonna have to collide eventually
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Doesn't he though? To think I'd see the day that this became a reality.

Good lord, way too many teases in the last one. I was cool with the airport tease but the final battle? Godzilla about to throw down with Mama Muto? LET'S CUT TO DA SOLDIERS BECAUSE WE DFLDKJLFKDSFJLD

Right? Like, they really did a good job in nailing their classic looks while also sprucing them up to modern times.

The one I hated most was when Godzilla was about to go down with the male MUTO in broad daylight, and Olsen was escaping into the shelter and just as those two went in for their first strike the door closed and.... soldiers.

Seriously. Fuck that movie for having the guy say "Let them fight," and then show us almost no fighting.

All I know for crossovers is that he'll be going up against King Kong from the recent reboot.

That's a pretty classic rivalry right there, aside from the whole East vs West thing going on they both carry a ton of influence in the game. King Kong is an iconic staple that had massive impact in the film industry as we know it and stands as the Godfather of the very genre that Godzilla exists in, but Godzilla is the one that redefined the genre and became the new face that elevated it to different heights. These are two titans not just in context of the universe but in terms of the industry as a whole.

Now as an actual beast Kong doesn't really stack up to Godzilla at all. You sort of have to reinvent and drastically re-scale the character to even have him in the discussion at all in terms of action, and even then he still seems lackluster compared to an Alpha like King Ghidorah who is even fiercer and towers even higher than that King of Monsters himself, but Kong is still someone who has earned his place in the ring with the significance of his character.

Pacific Rim just doesn't have that at all, it went limp on its second entry and wishes that it could have a 10th of the impact and legacy of either of these two. It would seem like an insult to Godzilla to put Pacific Rim in the title like it's a name that deserves to stand up and be acknowledged as a peer. I think Pacific Rim should look towards a crossover with Cloverfield if it wants a Kaiju film more on its level.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 12-11-2018 at 03:03 PM.

All I know for crossovers is that he'll be going up against King Kong from the recent reboot.

That's a pretty classic rivalry right there, aside from the whole East vs West thing going on they both carry a ton of influence in the game. King Kong is an iconic staple that had massive impact in the film industry as we know it and stands as the Godfather of the very genre that Godzilla exists in, but Godzilla is the one that redefined the genre and became the new face that elevated it to different heights. These are two titans not just in context of the universe but in terms of the industry as a whole.

Now as an actual beast Kong doesn't really stack up to Godzilla at all. You sort of have to reinvent and drastically re-scale the character to even have him in the discussion at all in terms of action, and even then he still seems lackluster compared to an Alpha like King Ghidorah who is even fiercer and towers even higher than that King of Monsters himself, but Kong is still someone who has earned his place in the ring with the significance of his character.

Pacific Rim just doesn't have that at all, it went limp on its second entry and wishes that it could have a 10th of the impact and legacy of either of these two. It would seem like an insult to Godzilla to put Pacific Rim in the title like it's a name that deserves to stand up and be acknowledged as a peer. I think Pacific Rim should look towards a crossover with Cloverfield if it wants a Kaiju film more on its level.
    I believe they gave a pass for Kong with the line about him still being young and growing.

I believe they gave a pass for Kong with the line about him still being young and growing.
    What I mean when I say he has to be reinvented and drastically rescaled, is that the Kong most people are familiar with is the one that climbs the Empire State Building and not someone who stands shoulder to shoulder with Godzilla, but as a character he still has enough significance that he's earned his place in a crossover so we can look the other way on that. Even scaled up to Godzilla's size it's going to be scary to look as much of a fierce and intimidating threat as King Ghidorah who stands a good bit taller than Godzilla with three ferocious heads.

I figure Kong will come with some of his own advantages though. He can make better use of the environment to help fight against Godzilla and he'll probably be portrayed as a good deal quicker and more agile, at least against this version, there are some iterations of Godzilla who can move in ways you wouldn't expect for a beast of that size.

What I mean when I say he has to be reinvented and drastically rescaled, is that the Kong most people are familiar with is the one that climbs the Empire State Building and not someone who stands shoulder to shoulder with Godzilla, but as a character he still has enough significance that he's earned his place in a crossover so we can look the other way on that. Even scaled up to Godzilla's size it's going to be scary to look as much of a fierce and intimidating threat as King Ghidorah who stands a good bit taller than Godzilla with three ferocious heads.

I figure Kong will come with some of his own advantages though. He can make better use of the environment to help fight against Godzilla and he'll probably be portrayed as a good deal quicker and more agile, at least against this version, there are some iterations of Godzilla who can move in ways you wouldn't expect for a beast of that size.
    Oooooooh.

You meant like the whole cultural/visual impact.

Sorry about that.

Oooooooh.

You meant like the whole cultural/visual impact.

Sorry about that.
    Yeah, Kong has enough cultural impact and significance to stand as a contemporary in the industry and make it work for a crossover. Pacific Rim is a fellow Kaiju film and would be easier to integrate with Godzilla, but I'd say it's not deserving to be listed as a name in the ring since it doesn't even remotely touch the status and legacy of either of these two. They've proven themselves timeless icons while Pacific Rim is more flavor of the month in comparison that went flaccid two movies in. Godzilla vs Pacific Rim would be like if they had made Batman vs The Crow, it would have been an insult to Batman to suggest that's a name worthy of sharing a big blockbuster crossover title with him.

The movie I'm most excited about for 2019

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

I'm most excited for Endgame but this easily takes the second spot.

And yes, Ghidorah looks epic!

Did we ever do a monster tier list?
    Reading One Piece, Toriko , Holy Land, Solo Leveling, Dr Stone//

Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan posters :

https://m.imgur.com/a/S7leGiT

In just a little over a month, this film will finally be here and I'm doing the best I can to dodge, duck and dive all the trailers and teasers and posters and toys and ads ruining every surprise of the film.

In just a little over a month, this film will finally be here and I'm doing the best I can to dodge, duck and dive all the trailers and teasers and posters and toys and ads ruining every surprise of the film.
    Must.... resist.... Need... willpower....

Damn it.

Turns out it was earth all along.

Must.... resist.... Need... willpower....

Damn it.

Turns out it was earth all along.
    I swear, if I see one more thumbnail on Youtube ruining another surprise I'm blowing a gasket.

I swear, if I see one more thumbnail on Youtube ruining another surprise I'm blowing a gasket.
    I’ve just been avoiding it.