Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys, could you link me SIU's blog?
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...hWQuZ9r0g/edit

@Jörmungandr;
    Looks like your last entry was just before the Name Hunt station. Opinion on Kaiser? What about everything that happened between Baam and Androssi?

Next up is the Floor of Death, but before that we've got the death of Arkraptor and Prince. Think Baam will be mad when he finds out?
    The star of the show was pretty much Urek, what do you think about him and his relationship with Garam? Another important part is Baam's backstory and Zahard's rule, as well as the schemes being played by Gustang and Headon. We've also had White's resurrection and relationship with Karaka there. Do you think Hockney can stay relevant?

What about the Data world; Young Zahard and Eduan; as well as the group'sr new found powers and Rak's origin? I'm also curious about what you think the two highlighted items do, Zahard's bracelet and Wangnan's sword.

Finally, what do you think about Zahard's orders and how this while mess will play out? There's also Koon who needs to be healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Looks like your last entry was just before the Name Hunt station. Opinion on Kaiser? What about everything that happened between Baam and Androssi?
    Yes, that's correct.

Kaiser was surprisingly a good character. When Yuri ordered Baam to defeat and steal Kaiser's name, I thought she's going to be just another plot device for Baam's development. I couldn't have been more wrong. Her backstory was unique, even for Tower of God. Now that I think about it, she resembles Baam a little bit. Both of them are blaming themselves for something that happened others despite them not being in fault. She tried so hard to repay her family by stealing others' names to the point where she has forgotten her own name. Her powers and appearance are great as well. She seems like a top tier player of some pay to win game, armor inventory on stuff like that which even the Rankers can't easily afford. SIU did a good job at drawing her, she's easily the most beautiful girl in the series right after Hwaryun.

I had mixed feelings about the whole Baam and Androssi situation. I mean, she was clearly acting selfishly by forcing Baam to choose between her and Rachel, however her life was on a stake, so it's not like I didn't get what she was talking about. That being said, if only Baam and Koon explained to her their plan earlier, they wouldn't have to fight, or rather argue. Well, at least we got some serious moments between Koon and Lessio. It was awesome to see Koon's thoughts about his friends, that he would easily toss them away if it was for Baam. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Speaking of Name Hunt Station... There's one thing I loved in this arc, and that's Baam's character development. To that point, everyone had unbelievable high expectations for him, treating him like a god who's going to grant all of their wishes; and Baam has been accepting that. However, he stopped being a gracious god despite having the god like powers. Right now he can do whatever he want, he's the one making the choices. Also, before the Name Hunt Station, Sachi mentioned that Baam lacks the killing intent, or simply an intention to harm someone, however that changed when Androssi was in danger. That was probably the first time when he has shown malice. Well, right now he's still being slightly naive and tries to hold back on his opponents (at least the weaker ones), however it doesn't make said development any less impressive.

Next up is the Floor of Death, but before that we've got the death of Arkraptor and Prince. Think Baam will be mad when he finds out?
    Not gonna lie, I didn't see it coming. Their deaths I mean.

Yes, I do think Baam will be mad when he finds out. However, who he will be mad at? Rachel or White? I just can't imagine Baam being mad and trying to get revenge on her right now considering that he's probably going to follow her in order to find out about his past. About White, possibly. They're cooperating right now (well, Baam still doesn't know about White's 'revival), so I don't think it's going to happen that early. If he's going to find one, it's gonna be in a couple arcs or maybe even sub-arcs. I also don't understand why Miseng didn't tell Baam about their deaths. From what I remember, she's on the train with them, right?

The star of the show was pretty much Urek, what do you think about him and his relationship with Garam?
    Urek is just awesome. It's quite ironic how despite being one of the strongest beings in the Tower, he's the most human out of Irregulars. Considering his talk with Gustang, he doesn't want to associate with Ten Great Families or Zahard because of their lack of empathy to normal human beings. On another hand, Urek is aware of his strength and position in the Tower but still tries to treat everyone equally (girls are his first priority tho, lol). For example, Hell Joe. I can't get enough of their friendship. Even after Hell Joe merged with a monster like Red Thryssa, he still tried to save him because of a possibility that a boy with a great dream still exists somewhere within his mind.

There's not much to say about his relationship with Garam. It's cute how innocent he is when she's around, but she doesn't seem to like him. The interactions between the two were funny, I have to admit that.

Another important part is Baam's backstory and Zahard's rule, as well as the schemes being played by Gustang and Headon. We've also had White's resurrection and relationship with Karaka there. Do you think Hockney can stay relevant?
    Well, a good chunk of Baam's backstory (or rather his parents) was already revealed, so I'm just going to speculate what has happened after that. It's said that Zahard killed Baam when he was still an infant. After that, Arlene took the baby to the outside world and was somehow resurrected. Now there's a thing... Hell Joe mentioned that Baam has a power of administrator within him. My guess is that a create of the outside world with a similar power of an administrator saved Baam's life by becoming one with him and made a promise with Arlene. What the promise what, I have no idea. Maybe something about Arlene promising him to kill Zahard or something along those lines. Speaking of administrators, I believe they're from the outside world. Though I don't have any solid theory considering how little we know about it.

I'm kinda iffy about the fact that Zahard changed so much because Arlene rejected him. I'm almost sure there's something more to it. It seems like Gustang despises V, so there must have been a conflict between him and Zahard.

As for Gustang theme, I don't know. I'd love to hear your theory though. I can't say much about Headon. He only appeared in the first chapters. Too early to make any connections, to be honest. I'd have to reread the series, but I'm not going to do it yet.

White's resurrection was disappointing as hell. I liked him since the beginning, so I had absolutely nothing against him being resurrected, but he literally gained more power and got said power taken back in the next few chapters. I like the chemistry between those two. Both of them have a mutual goal, and seeing them cooperate feels good. I don't know why many people hate those two (mainly Karaka), but I just can't dislike them.

Unfortunately, no. He hasn't done anything since the Floor of Death. The only possibility is that he might get a power up once he finds the last piece of his picture and fully regains his soul. I hope that's the case. Speaking of him picture, Rachel had the last piece of said picture and she got away from them. I feel like that's a poor excuse for Hockney to be a part of Baam's group for a little longer.

What about the Data world; Young Zahard and Eduan; as well as the group'sr new found powers and Rak's origin?
    I'm not gonna lie, Data World wasn't as good as I though it'd be. It had a slow start, and some quests and the first fight against Big Breeder were slightly boring. That being said, the latter part was fantastic. Data Zahard and Eduan didn't fail my expectations. Young Zahard was exactly how I imagined him to be. An overpowered, cocky, intelligent young lad. In terms of character, I like Eduan more than Zahard. It's like seeing Koon in dozens of years. Looking at them, I realized how inexperienced the Regulars are. Not only Data versions of Zahard and Eduan are strong, but they also know a lot of Shinsoo and its use.

Usually I'm against sudden power ups (especially in Baam's case, considering how fast he grows stronger), however the way they have gotten stronger was well written. They simply learned a way to improve the basics by finding their Shinsoo quality. Baam's is the best out of them. Not because a darkness power is badass, but because it's his own power. So far he has been coping others' powers and using it. Right now he possess something he created on his own. Also, "25th Night Style" sounds dope as hell. Koon's Shinsoo quality was foreshadowed not that long before that, when he was feeling cold from time to time. I've always liked Koon's fighting style. Now he has gotten a weapon which can be used on mid and close range, it vastly improves it. Koon family are known for their spear techniques, so I'd love to see Koon at least throwing a spear once or twice. A revelation of Rak getting a power of an ancient species was unexpected, but cool. At first I though he's a reincarnation of that giant, however the picture of him looks completely different from the giant. Also, I have no idea why there was a picture of him. His ancestor could've been someone important, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm also curious about what you think the two highlighted items do, Zahard's bracelet and Wangnan's sword.
    Hmm. I didn't think about it, but I feel like a bracelet is some kind of key to a seal. The information about to key to 135th was already revealed, so it can't be that. The only thing I can think of is Gustang trying to obtain a bracelet in order to save someone from Zahard's castle. Like Arlene, for example. Maybe she came back to the Tower after Baam's resurrection and was imprisoned by Zahard. As for Wangnan's sword, its power could be Shinsoo absorption. He dispelled Karaka's attack in one of the latest chapters, but there's already an item with Shinsoo resistance, so that's probably not it. Shinsoo is everything in the Tower, so person who can freely absorb pretty much the life force of everything is invincible. That could be why it's so powerful. Make sure to tell me your thoughts about it as well.

Finally, what do you think about Zahard's orders and how this while mess will play out? There's also Koon who needs to be healed.
    Zahard's trying to get rid of Arlene's child and everyone who knows him, which makes he probably considers Baam as someone who whose fangs can reach him in the future. A war is an only option left for him, I guess. FUG is still a big mystery, so there's a possibility that someone from there can prevent Zahard from eliminating Baam and FUG. Gustang's family is screwed, so he might join the forces with Baam and everyone else.

I appreciate the level of greatness and SIU delivers every week. Baam and the rest of Regulars, Karaka, White, Yuri, Evan, Evankhell, Hansung, Jinsung vs Zahard's forces. Hype.

Soon™.

Kaiser was surprisingly a good character. When Yuri ordered Baam to defeat and steal Kaiser's name, I thought she's going to be just another plot device for Baam's development. I couldn't have been more wrong. Her backstory was unique, even for Tower of God. Now that I think about it, she resembles Baam a little bit. Both of them are blaming themselves for something that happened others despite them not being in fault. She tried so hard to repay her family by stealing others' names to the point where she has forgotten her own name. Her powers and appearance are great as well. She seems like a top tier player of some pay to win game, armor inventory on stuff like that which even the Rankers can't easily afford. SIU did a good job at drawing her, she's easily the most beautiful girl in the series right after Hwaryun.

I had mixed feelings about the whole Baam and Androssi situation. I mean, she was clearly acting selfishly by forcing Baam to choose between her and Rachel, however her life was on a stake, so it's not like I didn't get what she was talking about. That being said, if only Baam and Koon explained to her their plan earlier, they wouldn't have to fight, or rather argue. Well, at least we got some serious moments between Koon and Lessio. It was awesome to see Koon's thoughts about his friends, that he would easily toss them away if it was for Baam. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Speaking of Name Hunt Station... There's one thing I loved in this arc, and that's Baam's character development. To that point, everyone had unbelievable high expectations for him, treating him like a god who's going to grant all of their wishes; and Baam has been accepting that. However, he stopped being a gracious god despite having the god like powers. Right now he can do whatever he want, he's the one making the choices. Also, before the Name Hunt Station, Sachi mentioned that Baam lacks the killing intent, or simply an intention to harm someone, however that changed when Androssi was in danger. That was probably the first time when he has shown malice. Well, right now he's still being slightly naive and tries to hold back on his opponents (at least the weaker ones), however it doesn't make said development any less impressive.
    I agree, think Kaiser was a great addition. The way she carried herself, her powers, her looks, everything was great. Technically she did screw up, but she was a little girl and it was a set up. Her family is just pure scum though, although that's not really surprising. When her face was revealed though.

I think the point of hiding their plan was so nobody would catch on to what they were trying to do. Androssi should've realised that Baam isn't someone who would get her killed just to keep going. We know she's lacking in character and doesn't have a similar conviction herself, which is probably why she didn't think of it in the first place.

Baam stepped up this arc, there was no hesitation in getting things done. Perhaps it was because they had a plan to cover everyone, but the following events would prove that it's actually the former. His fight with Kaiser was great, I loved how he was being hard pressed but still knew he had things under control and a loss never even felt like an option.

Not gonna lie, I didn't see it coming. Their deaths I mean.

Yes, I do think Baam will be mad when he finds out. However, who he will be mad at? Rachel or White? I just can't imagine Baam being mad and trying to get revenge on her right now considering that he's probably going to follow her in order to find out about his past. About White, possibly. They're cooperating right now (well, Baam still doesn't know about White's 'revival), so I don't think it's going to happen that early. If he's going to find one, it's gonna be in a couple arcs or maybe even sub-arcs. I also don't understand why Miseng didn't tell Baam about their deaths. From what I remember, she's on the train with them, right?
    I think it was because Wangnan told her not to. They set on their own path and shouldn't rely on others to pick up after them. Is it a tragic unfolding of events? Absolutely. That's not gonna change however, and making Baam drift away from his path is not something they'd want to do.

Urek is just awesome. It's quite ironic how despite being one of the strongest beings in the Tower, he's the most human out of Irregulars. Considering his talk with Gustang, he doesn't want to associate with Ten Great Families or Zahard because of their lack of empathy to normal human beings. On another hand, Urek is aware of his strength and position in the Tower but still tries to treat everyone equally (girls are his first priority tho, lol). For example, Hell Joe. I can't get enough of their friendship. Even after Hell Joe merged with a monster like Red Thryssa, he still tried to save him because of a possibility that a boy with a great dream still exists somewhere within his mind.

There's not much to say about his relationship with Garam. It's cute how innocent he is when she's around, but she doesn't seem to like him. The interactions between the two were funny, I have to admit that.
    Yeah, Urek is a guy you've just got to like. The strongest active Ranker, but his interactions with people are so real that at times it looks like it's just a Regular chilling with his peers. His motives are still somewhat hidden, since we don't know what kind of relationship he has with Pantaminum or why he's chased him into the Tower. Is this a foreshadowing of Baam's benefactor falling to his final enemy just before their paths cross, or is it just a tidbit so we'd have a reason why a monster like Urek entered the Tower? I have a feeling he won't be there when Baam meets Baek on the 77th floor.

The scene when Hockney is guiding Garam into calling out Urek and him texting girls was great.

Well, a good chunk of Baam's backstory (or rather his parents) was already revealed, so I'm just going to speculate what has happened after that. It's said that Zahard killed Baam when he was still an infant. After that, Arlene took the baby to the outside world and was somehow resurrected. Now there's a thing... Hell Joe mentioned that Baam has a power of administrator within him. My guess is that a create of the outside world with a similar power of an administrator saved Baam's life by becoming one with him and made a promise with Arlene. What the promise what, I have no idea. Maybe something about Arlene promising him to kill Zahard or something along those lines. Speaking of administrators, I believe they're from the outside world. Though I don't have any solid theory considering how little we know about it.

I'm kinda iffy about the fact that Zahard changed so much because Arlene rejected him. I'm almost sure there's something more to it. It seems like Gustang despises V, so there must have been a conflict between him and Zahard.

As for Gustang theme, I don't know. I'd love to hear your theory though. I can't say much about Headon. He only appeared in the first chapters. Too early to make any connections, to be honest. I'd have to reread the series, but I'm not going to do it yet.

White's resurrection was disappointing as hell. I liked him since the beginning, so I had absolutely nothing against him being resurrected, but he literally gained more power and got said power taken back in the next few chapters. I like the chemistry between those two. Both of them have a mutual goal, and seeing them cooperate feels good. I don't know why many people hate those two (mainly Karaka), but I just can't dislike them.

Unfortunately, no. He hasn't done anything since the Floor of Death. The only possibility is that he might get a power up once he finds the last piece of his picture and fully regains his soul. I hope that's the case. Speaking of him picture, Rachel had the last piece of said picture and she got away from them. I feel like that's a poor excuse for Hockney to be a part of Baam's group for a little longer.
    Yeah, I think it's even said she pleaded to a god and he inhabited his body, I guess that's it. You'd think his shinsoo control would be the giveaway, but Zahard and the 10 Great warriors have it to if I remember it correctly. How did they get it? Perhaps only his devouring aspect is the power of whatever entered his dead body (well, it was in a state of stasis). You could be right, if the outside Workshop build the Tower, it's possible they hired/enslaved/whatever the Guardians into their Administrator duties.

The God of guardians said Zahard changed after the rice pot, didn't Arlen reject him after that? I'm not sure honestly. Gustang has openly shown that he has other plans, Maschenny is helping Jinsung (which goes in line with young Eduan noticing the change), so things might get really messy soon.

I really like the mystery of Headon. He's probably the strongest after Enryu (perhaps he could be the only Guardian to stand up to him) and he just does whatever. He forced Yuri into helping Baam, yet he let Rachel into the Tower with a beastly bodyguard. Even now, he has plans for them, as Gustang told someone (can't think of anyone else but Headon being that person) "I've given that puppet of yours my stingray". Could it be that Headon wants to see Zahard fall?

Think it was necessary, otherwise the current plot line would be resolved by someone in the #50-100 range plowing through everyone. I'm quite curious about his course of action when he returns to FUG, I suppose he'll have no reason to fight Baam anymore. That ain't true for Baam though, so now he's got two slayers on his hit list. Karaka is still growing, he's probably gonna be even stronger than White. The FUG plotline is gonna be a bang, I'm sure.

Hockney has already taken a liking to Baam to be honest, don't think he's staying because of the picture. Even if he thinks so right now, once he regains his soul, he'll want to stick around. He's got potential as a support and he's had a few funny scenes (not drawing Hell Joe because he dislikes being forced, when he wrote the rules about not talking about the Data Floor, etc.). One thing I've got to say when it comes to Hockney though, Mata. What a guy.

I'm not gonna lie, Data World wasn't as good as I though it'd be. It had a slow start, and some quests and the first fight against Big Breeder were slightly boring. That being said, the latter part was fantastic. Data Zahard and Eduan didn't fail my expectations. Young Zahard was exactly how I imagined him to be. An overpowered, cocky, intelligent young lad. In terms of character, I like Eduan more than Zahard. It's like seeing Koon in dozens of years. Looking at them, I realized how inexperienced the Regulars are. Not only Data versions of Zahard and Eduan are strong, but they also know a lot of Shinsoo and its use.

Usually I'm against sudden power ups (especially in Baam's case, considering how fast he grows stronger), however the way they have gotten stronger was well written. They simply learned a way to improve the basics by finding their Shinsoo quality. Baam's is the best out of them. Not because a darkness power is badass, but because it's his own power. So far he has been coping others' powers and using it. Right now he possess something he created on his own. Also, "25th Night Style" sounds dope as hell. Koon's Shinsoo quality was foreshadowed not that long before that, when he was feeling cold from time to time. I've always liked Koon's fighting style. Now he has gotten a weapon which can be used on mid and close range, it vastly improves it. Koon family are known for their spear techniques, so I'd love to see Koon at least throwing a spear once or twice. A revelation of Rak getting a power of an ancient species was unexpected, but cool. At first I though he's a reincarnation of that giant, however the picture of him looks completely different from the giant. Also, I have no idea why there was a picture of him. His ancestor could've been someone important, but we'll have to wait and see.
    The Data World suffered at the start because it was a completely new environment that had to be built up, which is usually fine for an arc that comes after the former has already been wrapped up, but in this case we've been in the middle of heat. The transition was from the frantic mess in the Train to suddenly picking off carnivorous plants, which is why it felt even more slow than it really is. Zahard and Eduan have been great. Their presence was overwhelming; not just because of how powerful they are, but because of their character. I'm really glad that Zahard still had some of the adventurous spirit in him, which he's shown against Mascehnny and Baam alike.

I'm gonna agree on the power-ups as well. It wasn't even a power-up, as much as it was teaching them the basics that they somehow skipped until now. Their powers are quite fitting overall, I was really excited when they got revealed. As for Rak being a descendant of the Native Ones, it's a great, believable way for him to keep up with someone like Koon. When you think about his introduction and how he used to be hunting Divine fish in high density shinsoo areas, it really makes sense for him not to be some random schmuck. One of the funniest parts though was the way he used his ability in tense situations and completely broke the atmosphere a few times by chanting "rock rock rock rock rock".

When it comes to Baam's own power, I hate that stupid little line he drew. It looks so out of place.
    Kinda odd that he still carries the butterfly theme really strongly, I'd think he'd have something else now that he's created his own style, like for example something that goes in line with the Abyssal Whale sobriquet I know he'll get.

Hmm. I didn't think about it, but I feel like a bracelet is some kind of key to a seal. The information about to key to 135th was already revealed, so it can't be that. The only thing I can think of is Gustang trying to obtain a bracelet in order to save someone from Zahard's castle. Like Arlene, for example. Maybe she came back to the Tower after Baam's resurrection and was imprisoned by Zahard. As for Wangnan's sword, its power could be Shinsoo absorption. He dispelled Karaka's attack in one of the latest chapters, but there's already an item with Shinsoo resistance, so that's probably not it. Shinsoo is everything in the Tower, so person who can freely absorb pretty much the life force of everything is invincible. That could be why it's so powerful. Make sure to tell me your thoughts about it as well.
    The bracelet is odd. What makes it even more mysterious is that the real Zahard said he'd give it to Baam when he was ready. Then, next chapter, he sends out the cavalry to put Baam down. Is he grooming Baam for something, or was the bracelet thing out of place? Really don't know what to think of it.
    Wangnan sword has that eye/tentacle theme that Zahard has shown, which further enforced the idea that both him, Karaka, and any other ring bearers are Zahard's bastard children. Now, are they actual children, or is it a case of blood infusion like the princesses? Wangnan is way overdue for his death, he's taken fatal damage like 3 times already, but he just pulls through every time. I'm glad he got it though, he's a good character that really needed a way to keep himself relevant power-wise. Is he gonna get corrupted now, with the death of his companions and Karaka's presence though? His stubbornness could go either way.

Zahard's trying to get rid of Arlene's child and everyone who knows him, which makes he probably considers Baam as someone who whose fangs can reach him in the future. A war is an only option left for him, I guess. FUG is still a big mystery, so there's a possibility that someone from there can prevent Zahard from eliminating Baam and FUG. Gustang's family is screwed, so he might join the forces with Baam and everyone else.

I appreciate the level of greatness and SIU delivers every week. Baam and the rest of Regulars, Karaka, White, Yuri, Evan, Evankhell, Hansung, Jinsung vs Zahard's forces. Hype.
    I was discussing families rebelling and someone (it might even be you, or maybe it was Dayum) pointed out how Gustang, Eduan and some other families rebelling would be a great way to keep Baam safe throughout the story. It's not realistic for him to keep climbing if Zahard and the 10 families are gunning after him, even with FUG and Wolhaiksong protecting him. A civil war, on the other hand, could even the scale and make the rest of the story progress smoothly. There's other things that fit, like Eduan fighting Hon. Then you've got Bloodmadder who could go either way (revenge for not getting his immortality, or trying to prove himself to regain his families' immortality), same for Eurassia (sticking with her lover or going against him in spite), etc.
    The directly opposing FUG and the neutral Wolhaiksong will obviously be strong forces, but I'm more curious about the Workshop and their role in all of this.

172 hours later...

I agree, think Kaiser was a great addition. The way she carried herself, her powers, her looks, everything was great. Technically she did screw up, but she was a little girl and it was a set up. Her family is just pure scum though, although that's not really surprising. When her face was revealed though.

I think the point of hiding their plan was so nobody would catch on to what they were trying to do. Androssi should've realised that Baam isn't someone who would get her killed just to keep going. We know she's lacking in character and doesn't have a similar conviction herself, which is probably why she didn't think of it in the first place.

Baam stepped up this arc, there was no hesitation in getting things done. Perhaps it was because they had a plan to cover everyone, but the following events would prove that it's actually the former. His fight with Kaiser was great, I loved how he was being hard pressed but still knew he had things under control and a loss never even felt like an option.
    Yes, she screwed up. However, it's her family's fault for raising her like that. She was allowed to do everything her siblings couldn't, so it's not surprising she fell in love. Teenagers should act like teenagers (well, ToG's characters have much greater lifespan than humans, so it's unknown how old she was during that time, but you get my point). That being said, they were in debt, so it's not completely their fault. Them being scums is a fact, though. Kaiser's face reveal was fantastic. Even Androssi complimented her beauty, which is a rare thing.

True, but they could've explained everything to Lesso's group, I'm fairly confident they'd understand. Baam and Koon were the only ones to enter Kaiser's room after all. Androssi tends to be an airhead, so I guess there was a chance of her screwing up the plan, lol.

Yeah. He was keeping his cool even when bleeding out and not being able to reach Kaiser because of constant assault of her weapons. I was wondering how the fight will go, and he simply got used to invisible weapons, which was pretty cool.

I think it was because Wangnan told her not to. They set on their own path and shouldn't rely on others to pick up after them. Is it a tragic unfolding of events? Absolutely. That's not gonna change however, and making Baam drift away from his path is not something they'd want to do.
    Now that you said that, it makes sense. When Rak attacked Rachel and Yura, Minseng wanted to help him in order to get revenge on ugly bastard, and that's what made me question her intentions. I'm glad they want to take care of it by themselves, instead of relying on Baam like they were doing before.

Yeah, Urek is a guy you've just got to like. The strongest active Ranker, but his interactions with people are so real that at times it looks like it's just a Regular chilling with his peers. His motives are still somewhat hidden, since we don't know what kind of relationship he has with Pantaminum or why he's chased him into the Tower. Is this a foreshadowing of Baam's benefactor falling to his final enemy just before their paths cross, or is it just a tidbit so we'd have a reason why a monster like Urek entered the Tower? I have a feeling he won't be there when Baam meets Baek on the 77th floor.

The scene when Hockney is guiding Garam into calling out Urek and him texting girls was great.
    I wasn't aware of the fact that Urek has known Pantaminum before entering the Tower and was forced into climbing it by him. Is there more information about these two in the blog? I haven't look at it yet. I just realized Baam is on 44th floor. Now that he's off the train, it's going to take him a long time to meet Beak. Speaking of him, he's supposed to be the most skilled Wave Controller in the Tower. He might teach Baam a thing or two.

It's funny how Hockney knew what Garam should say to Urek so he can help them.

Yeah, I think it's even said she pleaded to a god and he inhabited his body, I guess that's it. You'd think his shinsoo control would be the giveaway, but Zahard and the 10 Great warriors have it to if I remember it correctly. How did they get it? Perhaps only his devouring aspect is the power of whatever entered his dead body (well, it was in a state of stasis). You could be right, if the outside Workshop build the Tower, it's possible they hired/enslaved/whatever the Guardians into their Administrator duties.

The God of guardians said Zahard changed after the rice pot, didn't Arlen reject him after that? I'm not sure honestly. Gustang has openly shown that he has other plans, Maschenny is helping Jinsung (which goes in line with young Eduan noticing the change), so things might get really messy soon.

I really like the mystery of Headon. He's probably the strongest after Enryu (perhaps he could be the only Guardian to stand up to him) and he just does whatever. He forced Yuri into helping Baam, yet he let Rachel into the Tower with a beastly bodyguard. Even now, he has plans for them, as Gustang told someone (can't think of anyone else but Headon being that person) "I've given that puppet of yours my stingray". Could it be that Headon wants to see Zahard fall?

Think it was necessary, otherwise the current plot line would be resolved by someone in the #50-100 range plowing through everyone. I'm quite curious about his course of action when he returns to FUG, I suppose he'll have no reason to fight Baam anymore. That ain't true for Baam though, so now he's got two slayers on his hit list. Karaka is still growing, he's probably gonna be even stronger than White. The FUG plotline is gonna be a bang, I'm sure.

Hockney has already taken a liking to Baam to be honest, don't think he's staying because of the picture. Even if he thinks so right now, once he regains his soul, he'll want to stick around. He's got potential as a support and he's had a few funny scenes (not drawing Hell Joe because he dislikes being forced, when he wrote the rules about not talking about the Data Floor, etc.). One thing I've got to say when it comes to Hockney though, Mata. What a guy.
    Maybe, I don't remember. Well, Zahard and 10 Great Families' leaders are Irregulars, so them controlling Shinsoo in a different way compared to those who were born in the Tower might be the Irregular thing. Baam doesn't know much about his true self, and hasn't reached the full potential of an Irregular yet, so it'd make sense for him not being able to do that since the first time he learned about Shinsoo. That being said, Thor is the one who taught him how to do it, so I'm kinda iffy about that.

From what I remember, Zahard has chosen the power of destruction instead of his true power when he was in the rice pot, but he still spoke freely about making everyone happy after that. I don't think it was ever said when Arlene rejected Zahard. It's clearly obvious that Eduan knew Zahard when they were in the Data World, so Ten Great Warriors must've teamed up with him before entering the train. It's possible for her to reject him before entering the train or even after clearing it. She and V escaped when she was pregnant after all. You're right. Gustang clearly doesn't want to follow Zahard's orders, same with Marschenny. They might team up with Baam's group against Zahard in the future. However, Marschenny is the problem. When her and Androssi looked at Zahard, they couldn't even move. Like they were hypnotised. Maybe the Zahard Princesses who received his power can't object and attack him. That's interesting.

The strongest guardian, huh? If you exclude the floors nobody reached yet (135+), then possibly. If he want to see Zahard fall, he could take care of him on his own, no? Well, Zahard can't be killed by anyone but Irregulars so might not be able to do it, or simply doesn't want to do it. He could be really strong like you said, and just want to enjoy seeing him fall. That's an interesting theory nonetheless.

When I was writing my response, White wasn't resurrected yet. Now that he's almost at his peak, I don't really mind him not getting stronger back then. True. Another thing is, there's some places in the Tower only Regulars can enter. So him getting his power back would make him unable to climb the Tower freely anymore. Not that he'd have any reason to continue doing it, though. I believe he'd still try to kill Baam. He's the one who has the power of souls instead of him. White is a power creep, so he might try to hunt Baam regardless of him being at his peak or not. I'm looking forward to Karaka's growth.

True. Baam's group is missing Scout, so I'm not against him staying with them to be honest. Oh, Mata. I like him more than Hockney, really. At first I had a feeling he's going to backstab either Hockney or Baam, but he simply cared about his friend. I got emotional when he said he really want to go with Hockney, but can't. Damm feels.

The Data World suffered at the start because it was a completely new environment that had to be built up, which is usually fine for an arc that comes after the former has already been wrapped up, but in this case we've been in the middle of heat. The transition was from the frantic mess in the Train to suddenly picking off carnivorous plants, which is why it felt even more slow than it really is. Zahard and Eduan have been great. Their presence was overwhelming; not just because of how powerful they are, but because of their character. I'm really glad that Zahard still had some of the adventurous spirit in him, which he's shown against Mascehnny and Baam alike.

I'm gonna agree on the power-ups as well. It wasn't even a power-up, as much as it was teaching them the basics that they somehow skipped until now. Their powers are quite fitting overall, I was really excited when they got revealed. As for Rak being a descendant of the Native Ones, it's a great, believable way for him to keep up with someone like Koon. When you think about his introduction and how he used to be hunting Divine fish in high density shinsoo areas, it really makes sense for him not to be some random schmuck. One of the funniest parts though was the way he used his ability in tense situations and completely broke the atmosphere a few times by chanting "rock rock rock rock rock".

When it comes to Baam's own power, I hate that stupid little line he drew. It looks so out of place.
    Kinda odd that he still carries the butterfly theme really strongly, I'd think he'd have something else now that he's created his own style, like for example something that goes in line with the Abyssal Whale sobriquet I know he'll get.
    I was catching up with the series and didn't have to wait a week for a single chapter. It must've been hard for those who have been reading ToG for a long time. Even after changing so much, apparently Zahard has this adventurous in him as his Data self said, which makes a pretty interesting concept for the future. There could be a different method to save the Tower instead of just killing Zahard. Though I wouldn't want Baam to "save" him. "Let's climb the Tower together!" is the last thing I'd want Baam to say to the King of Tower.

The first time you compared Baam to the Abyssal Whale, I had no idea what you were talking about. Now that this motherfucker has devoured so many things, it's so obvious. The combination of butterfly wings and demonic horns look slightly comedic.

The bracelet is odd. What makes it even more mysterious is that the real Zahard said he'd give it to Baam when he was ready. Then, next chapter, he sends out the cavalry to put Baam down. Is he grooming Baam for something, or was the bracelet thing out of place? Really don't know what to think of it.
    Wangnan sword has that eye/tentacle theme that Zahard has shown, which further enforced the idea that both him, Karaka, and any other ring bearers are Zahard's bastard children. Now, are they actual children, or is it a case of blood infusion like the princesses? Wangnan is way overdue for his death, he's taken fatal damage like 3 times already, but he just pulls through every time. I'm glad he got it though, he's a good character that really needed a way to keep himself relevant power-wise. Is he gonna get corrupted now, with the death of his companions and Karaka's presence though? His stubbornness could go either way.
    I'm not sure about Karaka, but Wangnan has to be Zahard's actual child. They look the same, and those two horn like things on his neck are something Zahard possess as well. If he's not his child, then Wangnan has to be his clone or something. They have to related in some way. Wangnan better quickly take back his ring from Rachel, I want Karaka to tell him everything.

I was discussing families rebelling and someone (it might even be you, or maybe it was Dayum) pointed out how Gustang, Eduan and some other families rebelling would be a great way to keep Baam safe throughout the story. It's not realistic for him to keep climbing if Zahard and the 10 families are gunning after him, even with FUG and Wolhaiksong protecting him. A civil war, on the other hand, could even the scale and make the rest of the story progress smoothly. There's other things that fit, like Eduan fighting Hon. Then you've got Bloodmadder who could go either way (revenge for not getting his immortality, or trying to prove himself to regain his families' immortality), same for Eurassia (sticking with her lover or going against him in spite), etc.
    The directly opposing FUG and the neutral Wolhaiksong will obviously be strong forces, but I'm more curious about the Workshop and their role in all of this.
    It wasn't me, so I guess it was Dayum. There's some chance of Gustang protecting Baam, but Baam has to actually meet Eduan and talk to him about what happened in the Data World, otherwise he has no reason to even acknowledge him. For now, Jinsung, Hansung and Evankhell have to be enough to drive off Zahard's army from Baam and others, but he can't be protected forever.

@Zentos;

I'm waiting.
    Patience.

I wasn't aware of the fact that Urek has known Pantaminum before entering the Tower and was forced into climbing it by him. Is there more information about these two in the blog? I haven't look at it yet.
    This is the blog entry on the top #15 rankers: https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/4664...ons-collected/

From Phataminum's part: "There's a rumor that he is on cat-and-dog terms with another irregular, Urek Mazino, but it is not confirmed, either."

From Urek's part: "The relationship between Phantaminum and Urek is a very controversial issue, but it seems to be a fact that Urek tracked Phantaminum and followed him inside the Tower, although nothing was reported clearly."

I just realized Baam is on 44th floor. Now that he's off the train, it's going to take him a long time to meet Beak. Speaking of him, he's supposed to be the most skilled Wave Controller in the Tower. He might teach Baam a thing or two.
    It took Urek 50 years to climb the Tower, and Baam is already on the 44th Floor after 9 years. I suppose he'll slow down, don't see him clearing much faster than Urek.
    Agreed, really want him to meet Baek and learn a thing or two. Probably the character I anticipate the most.

It's clearly obvious that Eduan knew Zahard when they were in the Data World, so Ten Great Warriors must've teamed up with him before entering the train.
    The 10 (12) great warriors entered the Tower together with Zahard, Arie Hon even followed him because Zahard beat him 10 times in a row on the outside.

Gustang clearly doesn't want to follow Zahard's orders, same with Marschenny. They might team up with Baam's group against Zahard in the future. However, Marschenny is the problem. When her and Androssi looked at Zahard, they couldn't even move. Like they were hypnotised. Maybe the Zahard Princesses who received his power can't object and attack him. That's interesting.
    We'll see how the factions will form, but I'm glad they're not all sticking to Zahard. As for the princesses, it's quite possible they have some kind of psychological barrier toward harming Zahard.

The strongest guardian, huh? If you exclude the floors nobody reached yet (135+), then possibly. If he want to see Zahard fall, he could take care of him on his own, no? Well, Zahard can't be killed by anyone but Irregulars so might not be able to do it, or simply doesn't want to do it. He could be really strong like you said, and just want to enjoy seeing him fall. That's an interesting theory nonetheless.
    At some point (not sure where), it was said that Headon was the oldest (first) Guardian. Considering he's the only one with a humanoid form, and the only one to be allowed to travel through all the Floors, I'd say it's safe to say he's a step above the others. That being said, since he's not an Irregular, he won't be able to do anything like you said.

Oh, Mata. I like him more than Hockney, really. At first I had a feeling he's going to backstab either Hockney or Baam, but he simply cared about his friend. I got emotional when he said he really want to go with Hockney, but can't. Damm feels.

"Let's climb the Tower together!"

The first time you compared Baam to the Abyssal Whale, I had no idea what you were talking about. Now that this motherfucker has devoured so many things, it's so obvious.
    Work it baby.

The combination of butterfly wings and demonic horns look slightly comedic.
    Yeah, kinds reminds me of King's wings. Can't help but be reminded of the "I am not cute, I am a man!" joke.

I'm not sure about Karaka, but Wangnan has to be Zahard's actual child. They look the same, and those two horn like things on his neck are something Zahard possess as well. If he's not his child, then Wangnan has to be his clone or something. They have to related in some way. Wangnan better quickly take back his ring from Rachel, I want Karaka to tell him everything.
    Most people think Karaka is hiding his face for the same reason. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

It wasn't me, so I guess it was Dayum. There's some chance of Gustang protecting Baam, but Baam has to actually meet Eduan and talk to him about what happened in the Data World, otherwise he has no reason to even acknowledge him. For now, Jinsung, Hansung and Evankhell have to be enough to drive off Zahard's army from Baam and others, but he can't be protected forever.
    Yeah not sure, but it doesn't matter. Anyway, Baam still has a long way to go before he can defend himself or anyone else from (High) Rankers, so some intervention will surely be necessary, like the one right now.

I don't think there's much left I can say.

I don't think there's much left I can say.

Please, no.

Please, no.
    There's nothing to be done.

Nothing at all.

There's nothing to be done.

Nothing at all.
    Don't you dare give up! We can still fix this. I promise.

Don't you dare give up! We can still fix this. I promise.
    I can only hope you will.

But hope is a bottomless pit.

I can only hope you will.

But hope is a bottomless pit.
    That's some deep shit, mate.

That's some deep shit, mate.
    Not as deep as your asshole.

#nohomo