Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tower of God reading log - Jorm

I used to read Tower of God back in the day, however I've stopped reading it around the beginning of the Hell Train. Therefore, it's more of rereading rather than reading, but I don't remember much of the series beside a few plot points and characters.

I'm not a fan of reviewing every single chapter, so I'll write a review of every single arc. Now there's a question, what should I do about the first part? I don't remember it being divined into arcs. Should I just post my thoughts about the entire part once I finish reading it? Feel free to post your suggestions.

just post whenever you have thoughts

A review after an arc should be good I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Law split an island into two, while Hawkins is a fortune teller...

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Exactly.

Hawkins high-diff.

I stopped at the hell train too because it was too boring and slow.

I would suggest to post the crown game as 1 and then to the final test (when they get divided in two teams)
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I stopped at the hell train too because it was too boring and slow.

I would suggest to post the crown game as 1 and then to the final test (when they get divided in two teams)
    Okay, thank you.

I'm currently at the crown game where Baam decided to fight Anak, so there's probably not much left.

I also prefer doing batches, rather than chapters. Keep it up.

You've got a lot of orgasms to experience in a day. Don't rush it and take your time else you ruin yourself

Part I (1/2) - chapter 1-28

The story has been really fun so far. So much happened during less than 30 chapters, so I'll talk about everything in order. Firstly, Baam. At first he didn't seem like an interesting character, however I'm slowly changing my mind. His lack of goal and desire is what makes him fun, and opens a possibility for lots of character developments regarding his character. During the end of the crown game, he finally met Rachel, but it wasn't the meeting he was expecting. She got injured, as he lost consciousness as the result of being hit in the head by a mysterious person (who appears to be a girl, considering its long hair and slightly feminine face - we've seen only half of its face though). Now that Rachel asked Koon to lie to Baam that she's dead, I'm interested to see whether he'll lie to him or not. If he does, what will happen to Baam? His sole purpose of climbing the tower was finding Rachel. Now that she's supposedly dead, he has no reason to continue to do so. Despite being below an average Regular, Baam seems to have a high-resistance to Shinsoo, just like Yuri. All Regulars were pushed back by Lero-Ro's Shinsoo wave, yet Baam wasn't even affected by it. Also, he seems to be 'loved' by Shinsoo. At the end of the crown game, he attacked a masked girl while being unconsciousness. I could be wrong about the second thing though.

The side characters are much more enjoyable than I expected them to be. Let's start with Koon. It's stated that his sister taught him not to trust anyone and use whatever and whoever he can to climb the tower. Ironically, he's the exact opposite of Baam, who was taught not to betray anyone. Fortunately, he took liking to Baam and their mighty leader, Rak. He seems to be a decent person, and a fighter. Excluding Anak and cloaked due (they're still a mystery), he is definitely one of, if not the strongest Regular in the game. Not to mention, his bag is overpowered, as it was displayed in the crown game. As for Rak, I liked him since the beginning, especially his goal; climbing the tower just to fight strong prays. Simple, yet honourable goal. Obviously, only such a mighty fellow like him could become Baam and Koon's leader. I love the comedic moments between the trio. Of course, there are also some other interesting characters. Anak, who seems to hate Jahad family and tries to collect all 13 weapons (I don't remember what they're called) on her own. Hatsu, who seems to be a strong fighter. That one guy who sleeps all the time, he hasn't done much but the sheer fact that he's able to use Shinsoo on such scale while no other Regular can (that one girl could, but she had to use a wand) is impressive. Rachel, we also didn't do much yet but it fun as well. I understand her desire to climb the tower and see the things she dreamed of for her whole life. I wouldn't want to stay in the dark, small place for the rest of my life either. Let's not forget about track suit guy. Dude is climbing the tower using his smarts alone. Well, he also has his deadly martial arts, but he has to limit himself in order to let other Regulars have some chance.

As for the story, it's simple but fun. Everything you desire awaits at the top of the tower. Not that I think about it, Regulars are those who succeeded in reaching the top, I wonder what Yuri and Lero-Ro's goals were and if they got what they desired. Speaking of Lero-Ro, I love the moment where he shows that guy who claimed to be the strongest Regular his place. It shows how brutal this world is. Now matter how strong you are, you can't climb the tower as long as you're not the chosen one. Also, there's much more deaths in the series than I expected. That's obviously a good thing.

My apologies for a wall of text, I tried to keep it as short as possible. To summarise, I'm not disappointed with the series; definitely going to continue reading it.

8/10

It's got really good pacing actually most webtoons do and its a nice breath of relief if you read any shonens. That mysterious person (If she's the girl I'm thinking of) will become someone important to the group later on, keep an eye on her. Again most webtoons do this better than mangas but side characters get a lot of panel time and shine, ironically enough ToG does this less compared to the other webtoons like Noblesse, Lookism, etc. Never doubt Raks leadership. We all love and need more Hatsu. That sleeping guy I believe becomes a mentor to Baam during the early chapters, I could be wrong since I haven't read the early chapters in years. Lee soo is smart and praiseworthy for using basic human skills in a world of monsters to stay in the game. Yes the deaths . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    All Regulars were pushed back by Lero-Ro's Shinsoo wave, yet Baam wasn't even affected by it.

I love the comedic moments between the trio.

13 weapons (I don't remember what they're called) on her own.

My apologies for a wall of text, I tried to keep it as short as possible. To summarise, I'm not disappointed with the series; definitely going to continue reading it.
    I forgot about that. "Should I go outside and try to enter again?"

They're GOAT.

13 Month series.

Glad you like it, keep it up.

if you like it now, than it's only gonna get better bud.

Sounds promising! I‘m glad you like it. Like Heart already said: “ It’s gonna get better. “
    You’ll be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    Law split an island into two, while Hawkins is a fortune teller...

Exactly.

Hawkins high-diff.

From now on, I'll try to read 15-20 chapters a day, so I should be able to catch up within two weeks.

Part I (2/2) - chapter 28-78

I just finished reading the first part. It's getting better and better. At first I thought I wouldn't enjoy rereading a series I dropped at some point, mostly due to remembering most stuff. However, I was wrong. It's really fun, I feel like I enjoy it even more than on my first read. Also, I didn't remember much aside from a few things and obviously the most memorable scene from the end of said part. Once again, I'll talk about everything in chronological order.

The position test is one of the things I've enjoyed the most. I like the concept of it. Like Quant said, fighting in the tower isn't all about strength. Each position is as important as the other one. For example, Koon as a light bearer (support) is as important as Baam who's a wave controller (ranged fighter). It makes a possibility of everyone learning new unique techniques suited for their positions. My favorite position so far is probably a wave controller. That's something I like the most in games and other media. Although the position test was good, I'm not satisfied with it. The author hasn't shown much of the training of each position. Heck, it wasn't even said what everyone (aside from wave controller and fishermen - the former learned manipulating Shinsoo, and the former learned how to strengthen one's body with Shinsoo) learned so far. That's a shame. I hope it'll be explained in the future arcs.

The tag games were my favorite parts. It shows that you don't need to super overpowered to win a game against much stronger opponent. To be honest, the first game was better for obvious reasons. Koon deceiving Quant like a child was dope. Speaking of Koon, I still can't believe he went to far to trick everyone and lose on purpose just so Baam can pass the test. The second game was more about characters rather than game itself. Damn, so many betrayals. First Androssi tricked everyone just so she can defeat a Ranker on her own and pass the test, later on Ho tried to kill Rachel so Baam can lose and he can pass. From that point, Baam should be slightly less naive. Not everyone is as pure as him. Speaking of Ho, I can relate to him. You're trying your best to achieve your dream, and then magically someone whose potential is vastly superior to yours appears and blocks your path. From the series' perspective, he wasn't wrong. Can't say the same about those two idiot spear bearers; they annoyed me so much. There's that one underrated moment in the tag game - Hatsu holding his own against Quarts. Yes, the Ranker was going easy on him and couldn't use Shinsoo, however it was still impressive for a Regular to hold his own for such a long time. I can see him growing into one of the most powerful Regulars in the series.

The administrator's test was also good, however not as good as the previous tests in my opinion. Baam finally revealed his identity of being a Irregular, that's something I didn't expect this early in the series. Despite knowing how dangerous the Irregulars are to the tower, it didn't stop his friends to follow him. Well, mostly due to Koon's act, but it was impressive nonetheless. Said test had a few awesome moments. Like Ren fighting two Zahard princesses at the same time. It just shows how powerful the Rankers are. He was messing with them, and duo didn't even stand a chance. Later on Yuri arrived and showed him who's the boss. Dude was afraid of a simple forehead flick. Well, after all he got rekt by one of Yuri's friends. However, it turned out that it was just a fake body, which I'm glad of. I didn't want him to die. He seems like an interesting characters. Yuri's group are also an interesting bunch of characters. Even, who looks like a dude who saved Anak, Koon's brother who left his family, etc. Based of Yuri's farewell words, it seems like she cares about Baam to a certain degree. She told him to reach the 77th floor and meet Urek after all. Both him and Yuri might be connected in some way. I don't know, friends or maybe even allies.

And of course, that thing had to happened at the end of the test. Despite Baam doing his best to protect Rachel, she pushed him out of the bubble and acted like he died in an accident. Eh, I get where she's coming from - she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life in a dark cave and wants to see the stars. However, Baam doesn't want that, he wants her to stay with him. That's why he's a burden blocking her path of reaching the top of the tower. Also, he past the first test while she was too afraid of doing so. Not to mention, it was directly implied that she fears night = Baam. I can somewhat relate to that, however faking that you can't use your legs and even trying to kill someone who would do everything for you is simply wrong. At least Baam's not dead. I'd hate if she would be the heroine of the second part. Also, Hwaryun is still a mystery. First she helped Rachel by guiding her, but later on she helps Baam. Strange.

So far the strongest point of the series are characters. It amazes me how well written Koon is. He's not just a genius for the sake of being genius, but a genuinely smart character. His plan of deceiving and helping others just so Baam can pass was solid. There was no holes in the plan. Well, the character can only be as smart as the author is, so it means the author definitely knows his staff. That's a good thing. Other than him, a surprising amount of characters have gotten a character development. For example, Baam and Androssi. Baam isn't a helpless brat anyone who doesn't know what to do, and Androssi isn't a sociopath anymore. To be honest, I liked her when she was using everything and everyone to climb the tower, but I don't mind her being a good person to be honest. The characters also just feel real. Everyone has a personality, feelings, change their clothes on a daily basis, eat normal meals, looks normal, etc. It might not be that unusual, however even something as simple as this creates a better reading experience for readers.

By the way, in one of Baam's flashbacks, there was a Jahad symbol in the cave he was living in. Was it explained yet? There might be a connection between them, but there's not enough information for now.

Lastly... I don't care about waifus and shit, however Androssi is clearly the best girl in the series. That's the fact.

Tl;dr - Fuck Rachel.

I could've missed something, so feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake from State Farm View Post
    It's got really good pacing actually most webtoons do and its a nice breath of relief if you read any shonens. That mysterious person (If she's the girl I'm thinking of) will become someone important to the group later on, keep an eye on her. Again most webtoons do this better than mangas but side characters get a lot of panel time and shine, ironically enough ToG does this less compared to the other webtoons like Noblesse, Lookism, etc. Never doubt Raks leadership. We all love and need more Hatsu. That sleeping guy I believe becomes a mentor to Baam during the early chapters, I could be wrong since I haven't read the early chapters in years. Lee soo is smart and praiseworthy for using basic human skills in a world of monsters to stay in the game. Yes the deaths . . .
    Yeah, the pacing is great. There's no pointless breaks where characters do some unnecessary stuff, it couldn't be done better. The sleeping dude didn't exactly become Baam's mentor, however he taught him a trick or two. Yeah, Leesoo is amazing. Despite being a weakling, he was one of the key points in some parts of the tests. He's not as cunning as Koon, however his pure intelligence could rival that of Rak underling's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    I forgot about that. "Should I go outside and try to enter again?"

They're GOAT.

13 Month series.

Glad you like it, keep it up.
    Chibi Rak, lol. He hasn't done much since the crown game, so I just hope he won't become a comedic relief character. Although I love comedic moments between him and two turtles, mighty Rak Wraithraiser has to show those turtles who's an alpha male on this tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    if you like it now, than it's only gonna get better bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Usopp View Post
    Sounds promising! I‘m glad you like it. Like Heart already said: “ It’s gonna get better. “
    You’ll be amazed
    Yeah, I'm starting to enjoy it more and more.

I can see him growing into one of the most powerful Regulars in the series.

By the way, in one of Baam's flashbacks, there was a Jahad symbol in the cave he was living in. Was it explained yet? There might be a connection between them, but there's not enough information for now.

Chibi Rak, lol. He hasn't done much since the crown game, so I just hope he won't become a comedic relief character. Although I love comedic moments between him and two turtles, mighty Rak Wraithraiser has to show those turtles who's an alpha male on this tower.
    Hatsu.

The Zahard symbol isn't explained yet, in fact a lot of things are unexplained and even more questions emerge later. There's so much that we need to discover, but it doesn't feel like we'll never get there, because we're being fed information at a steady, yet not overwhelming rate. It's really well done.

I personally think Rak is handled well, but I know some people would prefer him to do even more. There is a reveal in ch 296 of part 2 which shows us that Rak will remain relevant throughout the story.

Hatsu.

The Zahard symbol isn't explained yet, in fact a lot of things are unexplained and even more questions emerge later. There's so much that we need to discover, but it doesn't feel like we'll never get there, because we're being fed information at a steady, yet not overwhelming rate. It's really well done.

I personally think Rak is handled well, but I know some people would prefer him to do even more. There is a reveal in ch 296 of part 2 which shows us that Rak will remain relevant throughout the story.
    So it's pretty much the same as Tokyo Ghoul.

Well, it's not like I'm dissatisfied with his role in the series. It's just I'd love to see him kicking asses from time to time. I don't mind his chibi form, it's adorable.

So it's pretty much the same as Tokyo Ghoul.

Well, it's not like I'm dissatisfied with his role in the series. It's just I'd love to see him kicking asses from time to time. I don't mind his chibi form, it's adorable.
    No, it's done much better. These mysteries don't exist for the sake of having mysteries in the series, they have a well defined purpose. None of it feels forced or like it's too much, it simply flows really well.

You'll see for yourself.

Part II - chapter 1-55

I don't know why the author waited so long to reveal Viole's identity. I understand that it was supposed to a shocking reveal, a boy who was supposed to be dead suddenly came back and joined an evil organisation. I get it. However, I can't believe there's a single person who didn't realize it was Baam all along. I mean, the author even put the flashbacks of him. It could've been done better honestly.

At first I thought the newly introduced character called Wangnan would be the main character in the second part, however I was wrong. Baam, who's known as Viole came back from the deepest parts of abyss and now is back - stronger, cooler and more badass than before. There's a certain mystery regarding those two characters. When Yuri visited her sister and asked her to find Baam, said sister stated that the Prince of Zahard will return. Now, there's a possibility of either of them being a prince. As I said in one of my previous reviews, there was a Zahard's symbol in the cave Baam was living in. Wangnan's case is rather obvious. He has a ring with Zahard's symbol on it. Either of them has to be the prince. My theory is that one of the Zahard Princesses got pregnant and ran away with the child, or simply the child was taken from the mother and sent to an unknown location. Anak's mother was the Princess of Zahard, and her child is considered as one as she can wield one of the 13 Month Series. That's about it, I don't want to speculate more. There's 250 chapters left. I hope it has been revealed so far.

To be honest, an exam on 20th floor was slightly underwhelming. Considering what amazing things happened on the Floor of Test, I was expecting something more exciting. That being said, there were some things which I really liked. The best one was definitely Viole's fight against a Ranker. It shows how far Baam has gotten. He couldn't control Shinsoo properly, and now he can copy one's techniques just by seeing them once. He could also hold his own against a Ranker, which is impressive. To be fair, Love wasn't going all out, so it's hard to say whether Viole can fight against Rankers or not. I wouldn't want that to happen that early in the story though.

The biggest surprise is probably how good Team Sweet and Sour is. I'm not talking about their strength, but personalities. Everyone understand each other, or at least try to. That's what Baam needed for those last 6 years - friends. I hope he can somehow meet up with his friends, escape from FUG and make a team with both groups. Speaking of the Sweet and Sour, I love everyone of this team. Despite not being as strong as other, Wangnan does his best to keep up with everyone; you can say he's the head of said team. Akraptor is like a father figure for younger folks. He has more experience in life than others, and often gives his teammates some advice. There's not much to say about Horyang, he's just cool. Prince was a scumbag at the beginning, but turned out to be a pretty cool guy who often plays with Miseng. As for her, she's just there. Goseng hasn't done much so far, but I like her for being brave unlike certain someone. I'm sure Yeon will be a good character in the future. So far she stayed in the team because she needs Viole, I hope it'll change later on.

Before Horyang left, he told his team an interesting story about Living Ignition Weapons. From what I remember, Ignition Weapons were considered as pretty big deal back in the day. Androssi held her own against Quatz using said weapon. Implanting the living weapons into human bodies isn't something I expected from this series. It creates an interesting concept for future events. It turned out that Baam is also a Living Ignition Weapon. However, from what Horyang said, it's much more dangerous than Devil's Arm. It has some healing factory, however the full strength of said weapon is unknown as Baam said even he can't control it yet.

It's not a negative, but I just realized that FUG is everywhere. Two High Rankers are FUG members, Hwaryun - a guide who took the exam on the same time as Baam is also a FUG member, a random bunny girl is a FUG member and so on. Well, considering their goal, they need to have their men everywhere. Speaking of FUG, I don't consider them as en evil organization. Them wanting to kill the king of the tower is the fact, however no one said that Zahard is good. He could've been an evil ruler. Looking at what rules the Princess of Zahard have to follow, I don't necessary think he's a good guy. Well, good and evil don't exist in the tower. At least that's how I see it. Also, I really like Baam's teacher. He's probably the only one who doesn't want to use him for his own good. He genuinely cares about him. By the way, he's a High Ranker, be he doesn't seem to be a top dog of FUG. I can see one of the strongest beings in the series being the leader of FUG.

Speaking of strongest beings in the tower, Baam actually met one. Urek fucking Mazino. Baam was supposed to look for Urek at 77th, so I didn't expect him to meet a fellow Irregular this soon. I don't know how to feel about Baam scratching him. There should be a massive difference in strength between them. It's just a small detail, but I don't want him to grow stupidly strong in a short period of time. It seems like Urek and Yuri are close friends. She probably has a thing for Irregulars.

If I'd have to describe pre-Workshop arc in a single word, it'd be 'betrayal'. Not gonna lie, I didn't see it coming. Casino betraying Horyang, Apple and that other guy betraying Koon, and what Rachel did is just evil. I tried to understand the reason of her doing everything she did so far, but I literally just gave up. I don't care about her reasoning, she's just a little annoying fuck who's a pure evil. I just want her to die. Enough with her, I didn't want to waste my good mood on that ugly brat.

I like the idea of Baam and Koon being separated for a little longer. Baam will enter the workshop with pretty much the strongest team, and Koon has to train a team which is average in terms of strength and experience. Now that Leesoo's team with old pals and Rak are coming as well, it's going to be an awesome arc. I don't like binging series, but I feel like I can make an exception for Tower of God. Especially for the next arc.

I don't know why the author waited so long to reveal Viole's identity. I mean, the author even put the flashbacks of him. It could've been done better honestly.
    It was never supposed to fool the reader I think, hence the flashbacks. I guess it was supposed to keep you on your toes. He looks like Baam, but he doesn't quite act like him, and we're getting all these flashbacks, but what if they are a tease and it's really not him? Think that was more like what SIU has been going for, rather than pretending it ain't Baam.

At first I thought the newly introduced character called Wangnan would be the main character in the second part, however I was wrong. Baam, who's known as Viole came back from the deepest parts of abyss and now is back - stronger, cooler and more badass than before. I hope it has been revealed so far.
    Not quite.
    We got some info from the manga and some more from SIU's blogs (they contain a massive amount of info that doesn't really count as spoilers, I still haven't gotten around to reading all of it), but there's still a lot that we don't know.

To be honest, an exam on 20th floor was slightly underwhelming. Considering what amazing things happened on the Floor of Test, I was expecting something more exciting.
    That test is probably my least favourite part of the series, so if you're not too disappointed you're good to go.
    And for the Floor of Tests, you do have to take into account that it was run by a Guardian and that it was actually a set-up, so the difficulty doesn't really match the Floor.
    He couldn't control Shinsoo properly, and now he can copy one's techniques just by seeing them once.
    True, but he also copied Quant's immobilizing technique after experiencing it once. He's always been a monster in that regard.

To be fair, Love wasn't going all out, so it's hard to say whether Viole can fight against Rankers or not. I wouldn't want that to happen that early in the story though.
    Yeah, you're fine on that front. Even now, when he's gotten incomparably stronger than he was against Love, he's got a ways off.

By the way, he's a High Ranker, be he doesn't seem to be a top dog of FUG. I can see one of the strongest beings in the series being the leader of FUG.
    Jinsung is the guy that gets called daddy by his GF's mom, hell, even his GF's dad.
    The info on the leader of FUG is quite scarce, even in the blogs. He's still a mystery.

I don't know how to feel about Baam scratching him. There should be a massive difference in strength between them. It's just a small detail, but I don't want him to grow stupidly strong in a short period of time.
    No need to worry, that was more along the like of what Quant said, he's still a baby tiger. Even at this point in the story, a guy that can fodderize Baam got fodderized by Urek.

I just want her to die.

It's going to be an awesome arc. I don't like binging series, but I feel like I can make an exception for Tower of God. Especially for the next arc.
    You bet.

Part II - Workshop Battle arc (chapter 56-110)

Now I'm starting to understand why everyone consider this series as a gem. I'm over 200 chapters behind, however the quality so far has been really high, much higher than I expected it to be. Workshop Battle is the best arc so far. My expectations for the Hell Train are unbelievably high. I'm also approaching the part where I've stopped reading the series before.

Tower of God doesn't stop surprising me. The whole Workshop Battle was just a big mess (not in a negative way). Everyone was betraying and trying to kill each other. I liked it. However, first things first. As usual I'll start from the beginning. I'm a little bit disappointing about not seeing the result of Sweet and Sour's training. I didn't expect them to suddenly get super strong, however just the fact that Koon was training them should've made the control over their abilities even better than before. It's a small detail, however it would be awesome to get to see their progress and attachment to Koon as a leader, or rather a coach. I hope they'll slowly start showing off as them, Baam, Koon and Rak are going to become a team. I don't want them to become cannon fodders or just useless bunch. Especially Hangnan; my expectations for him are rather high.

The gun game to enter the the workshop battle was fun, there was some moments I really enjoyed. At the beginning it was revealed that Emily is supposed to be an actual human being instead of artificially made ignition weapon. However, it turned out that she has no actual form, her being a human was something she self-proclaimed without ever realizing she has already been dissolved. The workshop is really a terrifying place. Researchers doing whatever day please, sacrificing hundred of thousands or even millions of lives just to satisfy themselves. Although there wasn't much going on aside from that, the fights during the game were fairly good. Anak vs Ran was unfortunately interrupted, however they continued their fight later on. Shibusu trying to take ravage on Viole by using an interesting strategy and finishing him off with Vespa and Amigo (what happened to his wings?). Well, they still got rekt by Viole who unconsciously used the power of Thorn, or rather its bowl. The prizes sounded interesting, so I was hoping for Baam or any of his teammates to get the prize, and fortunately Koon got one. To be honest, the prize he has won is completely different what I imagined it to be. I didn't expect something called "mirror" to be a knife. Well, one of its three abilities is somewhat overpowered, which is something like a slight power up for him. He's a support, so said knife will definitely be useful if he's ever forced to fight in close combat.

After passing the first test, it was time for individual combat. Once again, not much happened however a couple scenes were kinda cool. Although Baam didn't get to fight any of strong E-class Regulars, I enjoyed him beating those guys who tried to act like his believers. Not because he just beat the fuck out of them, but what he told them - that he's not their god. Talk about character development. Unfortunately, he didn't get to fight Varagarv. Neither at said moment or even later on. Not gonna lie, I was disappointed about that. That being said, the rematch of Anak vs Ran was awesome. I'm not a big fan of either of them, however their fight was definitely one of, if not the best one in the series so far. Finally there's someone can fight evenly against a Zahard Princess, and even overpower one at full power. The fight ended in the most unexpected way I could ever imagine. That little shit who didn't care about anyone on the Floor of Test came out nowhere and won the fight because neither Anak or Ran were able to move anymore. By the way, does he appear ever again?

After the fights ended, it finally happened. They finally met again. Andorossi being suspicions about Viole being Baam, and Rak trying to meeting the black turtle accomplished their goals. I don't know why but at the moment a small amount of water was leaking out of my eyes. It's still unknown why this happened, I'll let you guys know when I see the doctor in the nearest time. The scene of Rak crying and hugging Baam really got me, it's the first time I've gotten this emotional in a while. As always, not everything can go as the good guys wants, so they had to be separated once again. The time for the finals has come.

Since the beginning, Reflejo who was in Baam's team was supposed to capture and dissolve him into a completed living ignition weapon. Apparently there are two factions in FUG - those who wants Baam to become their god, and those who think he would betray them after getting the power of thorn or simply want the power for themselves. Well, at least Hwaryun saved the day and Baam becomes a new master of Enryu's thorn (speaking of Enryu, it was stated he killed an administrator which is something comparable to a god in the tower, damn). A salty boy called Beta rushes to kill every single friend of Viole, however fortunately he gets stopped. Also, Baam dealing with Beta is my favorite moment in the series so far. That's how talk no jutsu is done correctly, watch and learn Kishimoto. I love how Baam matured, as a fighter and person. He understands the value of his precious friends, and doesn't want to let them go. Even if someone is suffering even more than him. Him being smart and scolding Beta for blaming him was satisfying. I understand how Beta felt, however Baam was definitely the right one there. The next fight against Reflejo was pretty good. The use of teamwork was much better than Baam dealing with him on his own. He has the power of B-class Regular, so there was no way Baam could take him on his own. At least not until he would have got another power up or full control over thorn. Finally, he gets defeated and everyone escapes from FUG Rankers.

Baam and Androssi's date was refreshing. It was nice to them doing something casually, not fighting at least for once. It doesn't look like Androssi loves Baam, it's more of an affection to me. I wonder how far their relationship will get in the future. Baam's main objective is meeting Rachel, so I can't see him being interested in anyone else beside her for now. Anyway, I'm going to miss everyone. It's sad they have to go in their own ways after seeing each other for mere three days. Damn, I kinda hate Baam's new hairstyle. It's not bad, however the long hair looked good on him.

Speaking of Rachel, I hate her. I really do. This useless brat gets whatever she wants. Cassano took a half of devil's power from Horyang and even took Emily with him. Right now Rachel has Cassano who's supposedly as powerful as Baam, Emily who can mess out with everyone by using her network connection, and probably a team full of monsters. I don't understand how everyone is so attracted to her. I get that's she an Irregular but still. Ah, she shouldn't be even considered as Irregular. Baam is the one who opened the door by himself. She's not a Regular or Irregular. I could be wrong about about that though.

Lastly, there was a thing with Shinsoo being impossible to use past 39th floor or something along those lines. When Ren was explaining making the contract with the administrator, he mentioned that the contract should be redone with administrator from said 39th floor. However, the Hall Train is going from straight from 35th to 41th (?) floor. I hope the author didn't forget about that and is going to skip it.

By the way, what's the deal with Rak's size? How is he able to compressor himself on go back to his regular size on his own? I remember someone mentioning that one can get an approval from an administrator in order to reduce one's size in tower, however Yu Han made him smaller quite a long ago and I thought he's going to stay like that for the rest of the series.

The best panel:

It was never supposed to fool the reader I think, hence the flashbacks. I guess it was supposed to keep you on your toes. He looks like Baam, but he doesn't quite act like him, and we're getting all these flashbacks, but what if they are a tease and it's really not him? Think that was more like what SIU has been going for, rather than pretending it ain't Baam
    Makes sense. I'm getting Kaneki and Haise vibes. I'm not saying it's a copy of it, it's just the situation is literally the same. The main character supposedly dies, and the new character who is similar to him appears.

Not quite.
    We got some info from the manga and some more from SIU's blogs (they contain a massive amount of info that doesn't really count as spoilers, I still haven't gotten around to reading all of it), but there's still a lot that we don't know.
    Could you link me his/her blogs?

That test is probably my least favourite part of the series, so if you're not too disappointed you're good to go.
    And for the Floor of Tests, you do have to take into account that it was run by a Guardian and that it was actually a set-up, so the difficulty doesn't really match the Floor.
    Yeah, you're right. I completely forgot about the test being set-up.

True, but he also copied Quant's immobilizing technique after experiencing it once. He's always been a monster in that regard.
    True, a monster became and bigger monster. Even Jinsung said that Karaka who became a Slayer in a short period of time can't be even compared to Baam when it comes to growth speed. Oh, and he also learned to use his first bang in weeks, while Ren managed to do that in a year yet was still called a genius.

Yeah, you're fine on that front. Even now, when he's gotten incomparably stronger than he was against Love, he's got a ways off.
    I can see that. Even after acquiring the Thorn, he's not that stronger than Andorssi and probably most D-class Regulars.

No need to worry, that was more along the like of what Quant said, he's still a baby tiger. Even at this point in the story, a guy that can fodderize Baam got fodderized by Urek.
    Fair enough.

- - - Updated - - -

@Zentos;

It seems like the Hall Trail is over 200 chapters long and still ongoing. Could you tell me the chapters of major sub-arcs? I don't want to make a review of 200 chapters. Also, should I keep them shorter? You're probably the only one reading them, so I'd appreciate your opinion. Each one has a minimum of 1000 words after all.

workshop arc da goat

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg