Zentos

Gokei
    Kyouen
    Kisui
    Feego King
    Bunen
    Batei
    Kouyoku

All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy or the player's instructions, i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to fight a battle he can't be sure of winning or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Shin and Ten or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions as long as they operate in their commander's battlefield. You can have Bajio's mountain warriors scouting a landmark or striking an enemy which is within Bajio's operational range, but you can't have his men detach completely and assign them to other general, or support other commanders in a completely different side of the battle. If you do it, these men will be considered "commanderless" and it'll greatly compromise their effects and efficiency.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time.

Voting Rules

_ All the players who are not involved in the battle are encouraged to vote for whoever they think is the winner, according to the strats posted and the wincon.
    _ Non-players are welcome to vote as well.
    _ Voting is accepted only in the format [Team_A] or [Team_B], in bold.
    _ You can't vote for a draw.
    _ Votes are also only accepted if the voter provides a reason for them.
    _ The players involved in the battle can't vote.

Map and Battle Terms

The teams are going to face off in this map:

A swamp. Isles of firm land are connected together by shallows. All water here is crossable and it never gets deep, but the mud and the vegetation at its bottom makes crossing exceedingly slow especially for horses. Most of the land is covered in vegetation too, but except for the isles adjacent to the north-west edge, the jungle isn't so dense. At the centre of the swamp, slightly off to the northwest, there's an elevation that could be called hill, particularly deprived of plants, and visible from all over the map. Players start in two different isles, equidistant from the hill isle. (map url: https://i.imgur.com/Ylrl84Y.jpg - credits to gnx)

Each army counts 150k men.
    The map's edge takes approximately 2 days of march to travel for regular armies.

Gn_x00 is blue, Zentos is red.

Wincon: defeat your opponent's army or achieve an advantageous stalemate.

Strategy Layout

Each player must send the host their strat in max 2 days, following the structure:
    _ Deployment. Within the starting point's boundaries, description of your initial deployment. Troop divisions, the leaders of your sub-armies, and their position at time zero. You're strongly encouraged to use a picture or a drawing, as well as a small word description. Make absolutely sure your interlocutor understands how your army will look like at the beginning of the battle, and which ones are their first movements.
    _ General Strategy. An informal writeup of 3-4 sentences max to explain what's the main idea of your strat in a nutshell. Whatever you write here won't have value to be used in discussions, but it's helpful to view what you're trying to do before you descend into details in the instructions clauses.
    _Instructions. This is the Bible of your strat, and anything you say here is gonna be material of discussion in the thread. Instructions are supposed to be the principal orders you give each one of your commanders as the chief of military. Your commanders will try their utmost to fulfill these orders no matter what. Anything you won't explicitly state as an indication will be entirely up to your commanders' discretion and abilities. You can give your commander in chief (if you have one) up to 3 clauses, to your generals up to 2 clauses each, and to your captains up to 1 clause each. Clauses are lexical periods that end with a full stop. Do not break the clause limit or anything you write past it won't be considered.

gn_x00's infallible plans.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deployment

note: the color is just general direction of the army. Events like Kanki skipping directly to central hill instead of circling to the rear is possible if SSJ desperately need help

Forest Army - Blue
    Kanki 40k bandits - CIC of the whole army
    Ryuukoku 10k elites
    Bajio 10k elite mountain men

Hill Main Army - Green
    Shunsuijuu - 35k [including 10k elites] - overseer of hill capturing army
    Fuuki - 25k [including 10k elites]

Hill army Left Wing - Orange
    Bananji 25k [including 10k elites]
    Ouhon - 5k GH unit

General Strategy
    The army is split into 2, army to capture hill and army to right island.
    While Kanki is the CIC of the whole army, SSJ will be tasked to oversee the hill capturing army to ensure both army has fast decision making even though the CIC is far away.

Hill Main Army will climb and push the front line of the hill. The goal is to only harass the enemy so that they can't make a good fortification on the hill while waiting for Kanki to finish his battlefield first. However in case there's little enemy in the hill, then they can crush the enemy instead of waiting for Kanki [and then fortify the hill and consider sending reinforcement to Kanki].

Hill army left wing will be in charge to confront enemies trying to flank from left side of the hills and provided the opportunities, will do their own flanking attack to the enemy's hill army.

Kanki will lead forest army to crush enemies coming to the right island using any means that he can think of [including guerrilla warfare and/or unorthodox tactics] and then support the hill army from the enemy's rear [if possible with majority of the soldiers disguised as enemy soldiers pretending to be retreating survivors from the clash].

Clauses:

Kanki
    - use saki clan bandits to torture and obtain intel about enemy's plan and movement, signals, etc and exploit it [disguising bandits as enemy reinforcement, etc]
    - play unorthodox and brutal tactics that is suitable for the situation. E.g: send disguised bandits to burn enemy supplies, spread misinformation and confusion, lower enemy morale with brutality, etc
    - do not be arrogant, always keep in mind the possibility of fake enemy intel and enemy preparing to ambush disguised people

Ryuukoku
    - listen to and support Kanki, even in the most dirty or brutal tactics
    - use navigation skill to search for effective detour route if the forest is burned

Bajio
    - listen to and support Kanki, even in the most dirty or brutal tactics
    - become Kanki's sword when needed, use berserk alpha mode as needed

SSJ
    - Keep communication with both Kanki and Bananji so that everyone can know the situation on other fields.
    - Send and receive reinforcement to/from left wing when necessary

Fuuki
    - use his brilliant battlefield analysis [or so Ouki said] and work together with SSJ to avoid traps
    - Keep in mind the main goal of the hill army is to stall until Kanki finish his battle. Retreating the front line should be done if needed.

Bananji & Ouhon
    - Send and receive reinforcement to/from hill army when necessary
    - Work together to attack the enemy

Zentos' unforeseen tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos
    Alright, here goes. Make sure you don't forget the bold parts, colors and all that.

Deployment:

Orange army - 1k:
    1k scouts

Yellow army (40k) - Kisui and Batei:
    10k Kisui army, 10k Batei army, 20k soldiers

Red army (30k) - Kyouen and Kouyoku:
    10k Kyouen army, 5k Kouyoku unit, 15k soldiers

Central hill - 79k:
    Blue army (59k) - Gokei (CiC):
    10k Gokei army, 49k soldiers

Black army (10k) - Danto:
    10k Feego tribe

Green army (10k) - Bunen:
    10k Quanrong tribe

General strategy:

Stage 1 - https://i.imgur.com/4H30qBo.jpg:

Stage 2 - https://i.imgur.com/ISwQejB.jpg:

The main idea is to have the blue, black and green armies go for the main hill and get into a position where they can lure the enemy in, so that they may be flanked by the red (and yellow) armies.
    They should keep in mind that the goal is to hold the enemy there and grind them down until my other armies arrive, without being too aggressive, unless Gokei feels it's necessary.
    The red army will circle around and flank the enemy based on the information they have, while the yellow army will stay at the starting position to brace for enemy attacks with fortifications/traps.
    Kisui's goal is to assist the main army, so based on the information he gets about the enemy armies, Kisui will decide if he should hold position, reinforce Gokei or circle around to hit the enemy.

As always, full lines are their initial objective, while dotted lines indicate secondary paths.

Instructions:

Blue army (59k):
    Gokei (CiC):
    - Lead the central hill group to the best of your ability, but be flexible with the destination and objective of all armies depending on the general flow of the battle.
    - Be wary of traps/ambushes and ensure a means of communication between all armies.
    - Try to grind down enemy forces and lure them in to flank them more easily, but go on the offensive if you consider it necessary.

Black army (10k):
    Danto:
    - Lead the black army according to Gokei's plan and communicate with him to keep up with his strategy at all times, and also be wary of traps/ambushes.
    - Avoid duels unless you've got someone from your side helping you, and be especially wary of strong opponents.

Green army (10k):
    Bunen:
    - Lead the green army according to Gokei's plan and communicate with him to keep up with his strategy at all times, and also be wary of traps/ambushes.
    - Avoid duels unless you've got someone from your side helping you, and be especially wary of strong opponents.

Red army (30k):
    Kyouen:
    - Lead the red army to the best of your ability and listen to Gokei's input, deciding whether to flank the enemy or fold into Gokei's army.
    - Be wary of traps while going for the flank and make sure you choose the best timing and path of your attack.

Kouyoku:
    - Act an independent unit under Kyouen's command and avoid duels against strong opponents unless you've got allies with you.

Yellow army (40k):
    Kisui:
    - Prepare the area for incoming enemies with traps/fortifications, and be wary of traps and strong opponents yourself.
    - Depending on the information you receive from the scouts/Gokei, decide if you should hold your position, reinforce Gokei or go out to strike the enemy, while sending Batei where he's needed the most.

Batei:
    - Carry out Kisui's orders to the best of your ability and avoid duels against strong opponents unless you've got allies with you.
    - Send out a group of scouts to the indicated areas according to Gokei's plan.

Last edited by Juan; 07-15-2018 at 01:40 PM.

I get the mountain brothers, huh.

With kisui, batei and kouyoku zentos is in disadvantage. Lets see how he works this

Kanki of all people.. This is gonna be annoying

seems like kan ki's playground tbh
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

Nah, Kanki is just very troublesome to use in CYK.

Gnx looks better

Interesting teams, i hope there's much blood to be shed
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Nah, Kanki is just very troublesome to use in CYK.
    Glgl

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

gnx's team seems best in the jungle area

while zentos' seems best for the hill
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

Tbh I have yet to see someone use Kanki all that effectively would like to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Tbh I have yet to see someone use Kanki all that effectively would like to see it happen.
    Yeah right?
    He's too much of a trouble maker in this CYK

gnx's team is solid

can have kanki off the leash while ssj keeps the barrack up

zentos drawing kisui is neat but the other two tops are out of place here

Such is the fate of the champion, to keep on going surrounded not by those who are strong, but by those who he calls comrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    With kisui, batei and kouyoku zentos is in disadvantage. Lets see how he works this
    Kisui and Batei team is actually great, the problem is more that he has weaker fighting power...

Sent.

The map and roster forced me into a bigger gamble than I'd like to do usually.

Wait. Why didn't I veto anyone?

Last edited by Zentos; 07-14-2018 at 01:31 AM.

@gn_x00;

I made my strat for the wrong (blue) side.

Have you already sent your strat? Do you wanna make it for the other side or should I make another one? Will need an extension though in that case.

My apologies.

To make things worse I was even thinking how the other side might be better for me.
    Last edited by Zentos; 07-14-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post

Wait. Why didn't I veto anyone?
    looks like you realized veto is for pussies

@gn_x00;

I made my strat for the wrong (blue) side.

Have you already sent your strat? Do you wanna make it for the other side or should I make another one? Will need an extension though in that case.

My apologies.

To make things worse I was even thinking how the other side might be better for me.
    i've sent my strat about 12 hours before yours. I'll just follow what you want to do. If you want me to switch i can just get a quick edit on the map and send it again to Juan. My strategy probably won't change much description wise if i start in red
    Last edited by gn_x00; 07-14-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    looks like you realized veto is for pussies
    No, I'm just a dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    i've sent my strat about 12 hours before yours. I'll just follow what you want to do. If you want me to switch i can just get a quick edit on the map and send it again to Juan. My strategy probably won't change much description wise if i start in red
    I'm the one who made the mistake, you get to choose. I don't mind either.

No, I'm just a dumbass.
    you are

for proposing it in the first place