3 12.50%
  • 4/5

9 37.50%
  • 5/5

8 33.33%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake from State Farm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ace was shown to be in Wano a year before he died in the Marineford war and his flashback included him making Oars jr. a hat that he learned to make in the country of Wano from Tama or her parents, it makes perfect sense that she would know him and it helps move the plot along to have her meet Luffy and reveal Ace's flashback in Wano.

Don't give up on the arc already Tama already proved more useful than Shirahoshi by knocking out that Beast pirate and wanting to be a ninja instead of a princess even staving off hunger. We even got Basil Hawkins coming now along with having 8 supernovas in Wano now

Wano is a, presumably, a decently large country. But heck, even if it wasn't it's unlikely that one of the first people you'd randomly meet after crashing on the island is the one little girl waiting for your older brother. I'm not saying that it wasn't foreshadowed that Ace knew some people on Wano, I'm just talking about the huge coincidence that this is literally the first contact Luffy has of anyone on the entire island.

I'm also not saying that I've given up on this arc or anything. I expect nothing more form it than I have from any of the past few arcs. I'm just a little annoyed that Luffy just gets so many of these types of coincidences. I would've been perfectly fine with it if this sort of connection were kept for a little while later with someone that he meets up with or finds out that someone is looking for Ace so he goes and finds them. But hey, for all I know half of the entire island could be waiting for Ace so maybe it's not as random as only one or two people waiting for Ace and Luffy running into them immediately.

That aside, I'm always for seeing the other Worst Generation and I've always been interested in Hawkins. Not to mention we have Drawk, Apoo, Killer (presumably) and Kid on the island so this has the potential to be something really interesting. If Oda makes each of these guys half as good as Capone was at Whole Cake Island we're set for hopefully a lot of gold (if they get the screentime).
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    Wano is a, presumably, a decently large country. But heck, even if it wasn't it's unlikely that one of the first people you'd randomly meet after crashing on the island is the one little girl waiting for your older brother. I'm not saying that it wasn't foreshadowed that Ace knew some people on Wano, I'm just talking about the huge coincidence that this is literally the first contact Luffy has of anyone on the entire island.

I'm also not saying that I've given up on this arc or anything. I expect nothing more form it than I have from any of the past few arcs. I'm just a little annoyed that Luffy just gets so many of these types of coincidences. I would've been perfectly fine with it if this sort of connection were kept for a little while later with someone that he meets up with or finds out that someone is looking for Ace so he goes and finds them. But hey, for all I know half of the entire island could be waiting for Ace so maybe it's not as random as only one or two people waiting for Ace and Luffy running into them immediately.

That aside, I'm always for seeing the other Worst Generation and I've always been interested in Hawkins. Not to mention we have Drawk, Apoo, Killer (presumably) and Kid on the island so this has the potential to be something really interesting. If Oda makes each of these guys half as good as Capone was at Whole Cake Island we're set for hopefully a lot of gold (if they get the screentime).
    If we wanted to be realistic in shonen then the pacing would be a lot slower and boring for people to wait through.

- - - Updated - - -

Oda's already got slow pacing please don't encourage him to go any slower
    ​​
    Believe In Venom Snake Who Believes In Me

"I don't need a crown to know I'm king."
    "7 billion people on this Earth and I want you . . . Bitch have some compassion."

If we wanted to be realistic in shonen then the pacing would be a lot slower and boring for people to wait through.

- - - Updated - - -

Oda's already got slow pacing please don't encourage him to go any slower
    Nothing that I wrote has anything to do with making the pace slower and it's not like I'm talking about Oda doing something that he isn't capable of doing.

Cool chapter. Although I'm not a fan of Luffy exploring Wano on his own, it's awesome to see him kicking asses. The monsters' designs are kinda meh.

Nothing that I wrote has anything to do with making the pace slower and it's not like I'm talking about Oda doing something that he isn't capable of doing.
    You complained he found someone related to ace too easily because Wano is a big place and that's to much of a coincidence yet you don't consider the pacing might be affected if Oda changed up his route and had him meet those characters later into the arc?
    ​​

"7 billion people on this Earth and I want you . . . Bitch have some compassion."

You complained he found someone related to ace too easily because Wano is a big place and that's to much of a coincidence yet you don't consider the pacing might be affected if Oda changed up his route and had him meet those characters later into the arc?
    ???

So meeting a little girl is going to somehow mess up the pacing? Just have him meet her later on via a more direct route than just running into her at the edge of the forest. He's literally going to team up with a faction of samurai, ninjas, and other clans friendly to Kine'mon's goals so having her be a part of that group and meeting him there or whatever else really isn't some sort of stretch nor does it kill the pacing like you're trying to imply. Again, I'm not asking Oda to do some sort of impossible task.

???

So meeting a little girl is going to somehow mess up the pacing? Just have him meet her later on via a more direct route than just running into her at the edge of the forest. He's literally going to team up with a faction of samurai, ninjas, and other clans friendly to Kine'mon's goals so having her be a part of that group and meeting him there or whatever else really isn't some sort of stretch nor does it kill the pacing like you're trying to imply. Again, I'm not asking Oda to do some sort of impossible task.
    It's his way of speeding up the storyline so yes why else introduce a character with relations to Ace.

Those aren't bad ideas but we can't force Oda to write our script and the chapter wasn't bad so I see no problem with it.
    ​​

Apparently we are going back to reverie

Woah back to reverie has oda ever done two ar s at a time
    [/SIGPIC]This world gives me oranges and expects lemonade.

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    Apparently we are going back to reverie
    That’s really cool if true. I hope Oda gives us glimpses of Weevil and Buckin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Why is this even a thead?

It's his way of speeding up the storyline so yes why else introduce a character with relations to Ace.

Those aren't bad ideas but we can't force Oda to write our script and the chapter wasn't bad so I see no problem with it.
    This has nothing to do with speeding up the storyline nor my own "script" which was done as an example.

Anyway, won't be long now.