Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ToG reading log - Zentos

I've read part I and a few chapters into part II.

The story throws us directly into the fray, with no warning what so ever, much like it does the MC himself. We find ourselves in a tower, not knowing what's happening or how we even got there. As if a rabbit monster with a gigantic pet eel wasn't confusing enough, there's two humans who are, very apparently, out of the ordinary. From the very get go we're made aware that this journey will be anything but normal.

As luck would have it, one of them is an extremely powerful person who just happens to be into the MC's type and gets him out, what would most likely have been, a very short end to his story. After managing to seduce a sword, he finds himself once again thrown into a scene that is even more confusing than the first one. As Baam pushes on, he's meeting people who are different than him in almost every conceivable way, each having a shade of their own. Except for Rak, he's as straight forward as it gets.
    Most of them even wanted to actually use him to their own agenda, but his naivety and pure-heartedness leave no one unfazed. That, and the fact that some have realised that he's, in fact, a sleeping beast. With, what seems like an army of followers, Baam pushes through test after test until he finally arrives at his goal, only to get betrayed and see the very core of his being destroyed.

Part I has been really fun, I like the way the story progressed smoothly. I was questioning how Baam would be able to continue once he found Rachel and though it would be the usual "she died so I'll carry on", but this is better. I was also worried when Yu Han Sung said he'd help Ren with getting rid of Baam, because reading another story where everyone and their mother were against the MC would get boring all too soon. Luckily, we are quickly shown that this story has scheme within scheme folded one over another, woven by the tower „god“ and his opposition. I look forward to finding out more about all the factions, their motives and how they, as well as the current tower organisation, came to be.

I feel like the fact that Baam knows nothing and wants nothing gives him a really nice touch and it feels refreshing compared to the usual MC. He does have a goal, but everything, including many everyday things, is completely unknown to him. The only thing he has is his courage to go after the only person he has. Well, had. Almost as if his talent and Rachel couldn't exist in his life at the same time, the depression she left him with has given Baam the resolve to move on and dive into this talent that many have called a monster.

I like the rest of the characters as well, we've got Rak for the comic relief, Koon as the master plotter, the many princesses, each with her own distinct story and personality, higher ups pulling strings for or against the MC, and many others. Rachel being rotten is a nice turn of events, but it does make me wonder why she visited him and spent time with him in the first place.

Part II started out slow with Viole () plowing his way through everyone. They are currently playing a game where it will be decided if he will carry on alone or with teammates. Don't really have much else to say until I read some more.
    Last edited by Zentos; 07-11-2018 at 10:22 AM.

I'm glad that you're liking Tower of God so far. It's really different from your ordinary read (except for Kingdom of course.)

As for me, the story really started at part II and I guess you will think the same way, just wait on it. Rachel is in my opinion the perfect villain, her appearance doesn't match with her rotten soul which makes it hard to ''read'' her intentions.

Enjoy the reading you'll definitely love it even more

Quote Originally Posted by Usopp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad that you're liking Tower of God so far. It's really different from your ordinary read (except for Kingdom of course.)

As for me, the story really started at part II and I guess you will think the same way, just wait on it. Rachel is in my opinion the perfect villain, her appearance doesn't match with her rotten soul which makes it hard to ''read'' her intentions.

Enjoy the reading you'll definitely love it even more
    Yeah, I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Yeah, I hope so.
    You won't be disappointed if you're liking it this much already

suddenly you got more handsome
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

You just blazed through Part 1 then

damn son

I have a feeling this might be your Vinland Saga part 2

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    I finished the series in 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post

suddenly you got more handsome

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Nah, taking it slow.

Blazing would be when you read 496 chapters of Kingdom in less than two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    damn son

I have a feeling this might be your Vinland Saga part 2
    N-no.

Don't do this to me. Not again.

--

I'm currently at the part where they're playing the gun game to enter the workshop battle, so I thought it'd be a good time to throw in another post.

Things are getting more and more hectic. As if Jahad's faction targeting Baam and FUG using him wasn't enough, there's even factions within FUG fighting among themselves to gain control over Baam. Finally, Urek and his faction whose goals I'm not familiar with just yet.

Baam is already getting address as a god by some, but the twisted part is that it's only because they want to use him to their agenda. Everyone wants him on their side, because he's the existence they've been waiting for, for their purpose, not for his own. A god to help them achieve their desires, their true gods.

There's plenty of interesting new characters, with the one standing out the most being Urek. A ridiculously power entity that's pretty much messing around until he can get what he wants. I'm curious as to what's gonna happen to the devil brothers and about the thing inside Baam.

The fights have been good and now that all the teams are mixed up, I wonder what kind of pot we'll be looking at once it starts cooking.
    Last edited by Zentos; 07-12-2018 at 11:33 AM.

The workshop battle has ended.

What a convoluted mess, betrayals layered one over the other, a true betrayception.

It was interesting seeing all the strongest people from their generation, I hope they'll be recurring characters. We finally got to see a family head, wonder why he got involved. Could he actually be targeting Jahaad as well? Jinsung is a beast.

Looks like Baam got his end game weapon. Kinda shame we're still not getting more info on the thing inside him. Do we get to know more at some point?

How is Wangnan still alive though? They didn't see how he survived a stab through the heart, but it looks like there's more to him.

All the exposure they got was great. Looking forward to the next floor.

Many of your questions get answered

ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

Many of your questions get answered

W-why are you crying? Sh-should I be worried?

W-why are you crying? Sh-should I be worried?
    I am happy we are getting a long
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

I am happy we are getting a long
    Oh.

Finished another important event, the train battle against Hoaqin.

A billion people on a single floor? Even if it took him centuries, that's still...quite a few. Just how big is the tower and its population? He's the real deal though, it seems. I was wondering how they'd find a soul that got stuck on the train centuries ago, but it looks like it was a lie all along.

I was somewhat surprised by the deaths, since quite a few named characters got taken out in a short time. I guess things will keep getting darker from here on out, or at least I hope so.

Rachel seems like she's taking bitch classes in between appearances. What a rotten existence. Koon shitting on her every chance he gets is just.

The floor of death is bound to be epic with all the hype going around and Yuri joining them. Can't wait to find out more about Enryu's battle against the guardian and the origin of the thorn. Which brings me to Baam once again.

What was the deal with his powers in the rice cooker? Was the blue wraith that was seducing him a manifestation of the thorn? Then what was that massive yellow ball of power behind it, the monster inside Baam?

Eternal Kingdom of Heaven Kaiser's Avatar
    I just looked up the size of the floor from the ToG wiki

the floors are split up between the inner, middle, and outer area which gets bigger inner->middle->outer. The size of the Outer Area is as big as America.

The rice pot is a revolution for irregulars to know themselves, and through that get stronger. If in martial arts world, it’s like an emlightenment/deep mediatiation. You’ll find out about the blue demon’s identity in the Floor of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    You’ll find out about the blue demon’s identity in the Floor of Death.

Got to the chapter where Baam engaged combat with the medium sized god of guardians.

I wonder if the Kaiser will be Baam's groupie or if she'll be walking a different path. Jinsung is still being a boss every time he appears.

Damn that fight between Yuri and Karaka was intense.

The scum meter is going crazy on Rachel, she somehow manages to one-up herself every time she appears. But Wangnan was special after all.
    Last edited by Zentos; 07-13-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Got to the chapter where Baam engaged combat with the medium sized god of guardians.

I wonder if the Kaiser will be Baam's groupie or if she'll be walking a different path. Jinsung is still being a boss every time he appears.

Damn that fight between Yuri and Karaka was intense.

The scum meter is going crazy on Rachel, she somehow manages to one-up herself every time she appears. But Wangnan was special after all.
    Kaiser will be climbing the tower again, they might meet up later which I want

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Kaiser will be climbing the tower again, they might meet up later which I want
    Yo wait is Koon actually gone?

I'm done, will write some more tomorrow.

Yo wait is Koon actually gone?

I'm done, will write some more tomorrow.
    you caught up?