Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 119

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    63,453

    Is Shanks the world's strongest man?

    If you look at Shank's portrayal and stopping 3 of the strongest characters in the manga, on top of is extremely high influence in world affairs, it's hard to look at all this and say he's not a serious contender.

    "B-but Mihawk is the world's strongest-"

    Yes, we're all familiar with the argument. But it's really the only argument against it, in contrast to all the supporting evidence.

    Furthermore - the implication of this argument isn't that Shanks is weak, it's that Mihawk is stronger than all the Yonkou and Akainu as well, that he is actually a contender for the world's strongest man. And that simply seems incompatible with his portrayal, and inevitable defeat at the hands of Shiryuu.

    Let's put this to bed once and for all, Shanks > Mihawk

  2. #2
    The Special One Aether's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6,573
    if its one on one...


  3. #3
    We just donīt know.


    Shanks, BB, Kaidou, IM, Akainu, Big Mom, Dragon... even Mihawk although I doubt it. We donīt know but if I had to guess Iīd say the strongest is either Kaidou or BB

  4. #4
    Pretty Flacko Jr. Tokio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    9,689
    agree with ultra

    shanks > mihawk
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams †

  5. #5
    Resist the Flesh Minty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arzareth
    Posts
    9,041
    We don't know how Shanks was able to match WB and Kaidou. Akainu was already beat up when Shanks caught him slipping.

    Shanks was able to stop WB with one arm, but that doesn't mean he's stronger. He just has "Something Else" that allows him to match guys who are stronger than he is.

    I imagine Roger also had a similar ability.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

  6. #6
    JustSomeDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Nun Ya
    Posts
    2,739
    If Mihawk clashed with prime Whitebeard using a sword, woulf Mihawk win due to being the world's strongest swordsman?

  7. #7
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    63,453
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Mihawk clashed with prime Whitebeard using a sword, woulf Mihawk win due to being the world's strongest swordsman?
    Of course not

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgot My Password Again View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with Shanks>Mihawk but it is clear as day Kaido is the strongest right now
    Kaidou is a meme

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you look at Shank's portrayal and stopping 3 of the strongest characters in the manga, on top of is extremely high influence in world affairs, it's hard to look at all this and say he's not a serious contender.

    "B-but Mihawk is the world's strongest-"

    Yes, we're all familiar with the argument. But it's really the only argument against it, in contrast to all the supporting evidence.

    Furthermore - the implication of this argument isn't that Shanks is weak, it's that Mihawk is stronger than all the Yonkou and Akainu as well, that he is actually a contender for the world's strongest man. And that simply seems incompatible with his portrayal, and inevitable defeat at the hands of Shiryuu.

    Let's put this to bed once and for all, Shanks > Mihawk
    I agree with Shanks>Mihawk but it is clear as day Kaido is the strongest right now

  9. #9
    He is the worlds strongest one armed man, thats his title

  10. #10
    There is no supporting evidence for this idea.

    He might be the the most powerful man in terms of influence and resources, though. His crew definitely seems better than Big Mom’s.
    No.​

  11. #11
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    63,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no supporting evidence for this idea.

    He might be the the most powerful man in terms of influence and resources, though. His crew definitely seems better than Big Mom’s.
    You're wrong

  12. #12
    Mihawk>Shanks

    - - - Updated - - -

    Kaidoh>Shanks

    - - - Updated - - -

    BB>Shanks

    - - - Updated - - -

    Dragon>Shanks

  13. #13
    Im sure Oda was thinking, hey lets write Mihawk as the worlds strongest swordsman so I can make things needlessly complicated later on with the real secret message being Shanks is stronger than him. This is what happens when grown ass men, try to over analyze a manga directed at kids. Oda isn't writing the Da Vinci Code here Ultra, he made it plain and simple for his target audience to understand. Mihawk is stronger than Shanks

  14. #14
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    63,453
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im sure Oda was thinking, hey lets write Mihawk as the worlds strongest swordsman so I can make things needlessly complicated later on with the real secret message being Shanks is stronger than him. This is what happens when grown ass men, try to over analyze a manga directed at kids. Oda isn't writing the Da Vinci Code here Ultra, he made it plain and simple for his target audience to understand. Mihawk is stronger than Shanks
    How much you wanna bet

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much you wanna bet
    Let's be honest, with the pace at Oda is going, this bet won't be solved for another 10 years.

    Consider it's been 8 years since Part 2 of OP started.


  16. #16
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    63,453
    Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's be honest, with the pace at Oda is going, this bet won't be solved for another 10 years.

    Consider it's been 8 years since Part 2 of OP started.

    Good, pops will be in diapers by the time he gets the bad news, and he'll need them

  17. #17
    Resist the Flesh Minty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arzareth
    Posts
    9,041
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im sure Oda was thinking, hey lets write Mihawk as the worlds strongest swordsman so I can make things needlessly complicated later on with the real secret message being Shanks is stronger than him. This is what happens when grown ass men, try to over analyze a manga directed at kids. Oda isn't writing the Da Vinci Code here Ultra, he made it plain and simple for his target audience to understand. Mihawk is stronger than Shanks
    Rurouni Kenshin is aimed at the same age group as One Piece. Kenshin holds the title of the strongest fighter period. Is Kenshin stronger than Hiko Seijuro?


    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rurouni Kenshin is aimed at the same age group as One Piece. Kenshin holds the title of the strongest fighter period. Is Kenshin stronger than Hiko Seijuro?
    You know you're a garbage debater when you need to bring arguments from other manga series to defend your stance.

  19. #19
    Resist the Flesh Minty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arzareth
    Posts
    9,041
    Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know you're a garbage debater when you need to bring arguments from other manga series to defend your stance.
    Did you read the post I was replying to? White's argument was that OP was a series for kids, so it shouldn't be overanalyzed and what it says on the surface is what it is.

    RK is serialized in the same magazine and targets the same demographic and Oda was an apprentice to Watsuki. Since the argument was about demographic and not OP specifically, I used the same argument about demographic as a counter and in later posts, pointed out the parallels between the two series.

    It is more effective to argue a line of logic with the same line of logic.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

  20. #20
    Shanks is the worlds strongest sandal man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •